No Content At All

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

OK, Admittedly I am new to DAZ. I am using windows 7 - 64bit - downloaded a version and thought I got it wrong so I uninstalled. I went back to DAZ got the one for 64bit windows and installed again. Then installed Genesis starter. Made sure content manager was running but it will not find any content at all. I cannot figure this out. No starter content. Currently I have all three pointed to C:\Users\Me\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library

There is a runtime folder in there and my Genesis folder.

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

Are you seeing anything in Content Library > DAZ Studio Formats?

Is there anything at all in Content Library > Categories, even empty categories?

• edited December 1969

Yes, it shows the three catagories. I loaded the path correctly. I did notice that I did not get a startup wizard the last time I downloaded. I even tried copying and pasting the files in another folder and redirecting there but it still shows nothing. I also see that when it starts it says loading presets but does not move and when I look in the presets folder there is a Materials folder only and nothing inside it.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

Are empty categories showing under Categories, or nothing at all?

• edited December 1969

I called customer support and after two hours we finally figured out that this was caused by multiple downloads of Genesis Starter Essentials. Even though they were downloaded to different folders, DAZ was locking up because of it. So, what I learned, uninstall Genesis SE - all locations and only have one. Even though I mapped correctly DAZ program didn't care. I confused the core program. The way to know is to do a search in your user folders by searching "Genesis.duf" if multiple appear, you need to uninstall at those locations until there are no more, then reinstall Genesis SE point it correctly and all should be fine. Wont make that mistake again.