OT: Schrodinger's Hat???

LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,166
edited December 1969 in The Commons

We've all (*giggle*) heard of Schrodinger's Cat but here comes Schrodinger's Hat! 8-o
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/47622891/ns/technology_and_science-innovation/

Comments

• natrix natrixnatrix natrix Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you! This is one of the things I'll miss about the DAZ forums.

• jade monkeyjade monkey Posts: 111
    edited December 1969

eeeexxxxcelllent! now my plans for world domination are that much closer to completion, mwahahah -- ahem, hrrmmm....

i mean, interesting, thank you for sharing that!

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,166
    edited December 1969

Going somewhere? :ohh:

• FrankTFrankT Posts: 6
    edited December 1969

Possibly same place as me - i.e not here any more. Too much broken for my liking but it was fun while it lasted

edited May 2012

FrankT said:

Possibly same place as me - i.e not here any more. Too much broken for my liking but it was fun while it lasted

Hmm... a little too "bumpy" for you? Just grab onto the seat straps and curse and swear a bit. What's the worse that can happen?... Fly off a cliff? :vampire:

After all, how often is it that we get such a perfect unimpeachable opportunity to bitch & moan. :roll:

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

FrankT said:

Hmm... a little too "bumpy" for you? Just grab onto the seat straps and curse and swear a bit. What's the worse that can happen?... Fly off a cliff? :vampire:

After all, how often is it that we get such a perfect unimpeachable opportunity to bitch & moan. :roll:

And at the moment no posts are being removed, have you noticed, OK we may have moved them around a bit, to keep the bitches in one place and the moans in another, but we haven't actually removed any of them.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited May 2012

How do you separate the bitches from the moans, chohole?

(B&M Separator 2012, throw them in one end and they come separated out the other end, neatly stacked.)

Post edited by Norse Graphics on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Yeah that separator works quite well. However we do get a little bit of a problem when it comes to the Hybrids, Like the Mitches and the Boans, they seem to upset the calibration. >:-(

• FrankTFrankT Posts: 6
    edited December 1969

FrankT said:

No, not bumpy
    See, I'd probably be considered one of the "silent majority" most of the time but that doesn't mean I don't read the forums etc.
    Putting it bluntly. DAZ doesn't sell much I'm interested in buying any more. I really don't like the new forums - and yes, I know they are a work in progress but how hard is it to honour the flag that says "remember me" when I log in and not force me to log in every single time I visit?
    Still - good luck to DAZ - just time for a parting of the ways basically

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800
    edited December 1969

prodicals are always welcome back
    maybe one day,
    I came back last year to iClone after abandoning it for Carrara a month after I got it over 3years ago
    still use Carrara more but I went from 2 posts last year on the Reallusion forum to 658 to date.
    and I was not THAT welcomed, got called a Daz ding dong, started a poll about said user after he deleted ALL his posts on the forum after a heated discussion, mostly NOT with me BTW!! that got deleted in the space of a month!!
    we are friends now!
    the poll was sorry and reasons we wanted him to come back!
    choices a)username was right, b)I am a Daz/Poser user ding dong, c) 3dsMAX rocks d) other, post a comment!
    But then I have a bit of troll in me!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800
    edited December 1969

on the hat, bet the military are all over it!

edited June 2012

on the hat, bet the military are all over it!

If they are, how could we tell??!!! :cheese:

Probably works real well for hiding an electron or two but might be a bit clumsy for hiding random sound or ocean waves.

I've always wanted a way to hide my cache of electrons. :ohh:

However, in addition to hiding things in the "Hat", it can apparently alternately magnify things too! (*cool*)
    ""My, grandma, what big electrons you have!"
    "All the better to zap you with dearie!" (He-he-he) :red:

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited December 1969

The explanation is very basic, but perhaps "hat" technology could have applications in stealth technology... making a vehicle SILENT in addition to well camouflaged or invisible to radar goes a long way... one of the big drawbacks of the stealth bombers is they are VERY noisy. The same goes for Submarines... well, not very noisy... just they could really benefit from added noise reduction.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I hope they make these 'hats' for workstations...

Or wearable clothing to shut out the noise.