facial hair problem

davesolodavesolo Posts: 15
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

i am trying to create some facial har for genesis. here is my flow.
Daz3d: load genesis base, then hit GO-Z.
Zbrush: model the beard using extraction etc.. Hit Go-z
Daz3d: select new object then apply transfer utility. Select genesis source, target new item. Template i have tried bodysuit, and short hair,. and NONE. once it is fitted to genesis I dial in the mouth open morph and the beard does not move with the jaw. I have also tried it with the smoothing modifier. Any ideas?

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

In those steps, you haven't said whether you have actually parented or fitted the beard to Genesis once it is in Studio...

If it isn't parent/fit to Genesis, all it is doing is just hanging there and won't move with Genesis.

• foleyprofoleypro Posts: 458
    edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    In those steps, you haven't said whether you have actually parented or fitted the beard to Genesis once it is in Studio...

If it isn't parent/fit to Genesis, all it is doing is just hanging there and won't move with Genesis.

When using the transfer utility it Parents the mesh where you put it or DAZ puts it...

edited December 1969

Also when you are in ZBrush make sure that you imbed the FiberMesh,There is an option in the FiberMesh Menu...

As for not following...I haven't had any problems and it follows fine...Of course I imbed in Zbrush and then I make sure I have Reverse Deformations off in Morph loader Pro...

edited December 1969

davesolo said:
    i am trying to create some facial har for genesis. here is my flow.
    Daz3d: load genesis base, then hit GO-Z.
    Zbrush: model the beard using extraction etc.. Hit Go-z
    Daz3d: select new object then apply transfer utility. Select genesis source, target new item. Template i have tried bodysuit, and short hair,. and NONE. once it is fitted to genesis I dial in the mouth open morph and the beard does not move with the jaw. I have also tried it with the smoothing modifier. Any ideas?

Why wouldn't you use Fiber Mesh instead of Topology extraction...?
    Are you making a Game model...?