Help, did something stupid x-@_@

TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 700
edited October 2012 in The Commons

When I installed a bunch of items, and then went to quickstart, I accidentally clicked "PROPS" and moved it somewhere, and can't find it, is there a way to undo this? I even uninstalled Daz3 and put it back in, but it's the same thing, can't locate props, now. x_X

Post edited by TheCastellan on

Comments

• JUJUJUJU Posts: 1,120
    edited December 1969

Last week or so I put some folder in an other and get nearly mad couse all files I reopen was demaged, Studio founds a lot of files anymore...
    So I can sympathize with you...
    Do you remember one name of a file, that has to be in the missed folder?
    You could search for it...
    Windows?
    Perhaps you have a filelist by one of the product? (At Rendereosity you can look in thr readme files for example)
    I made a windows-search for one of the files Studio didn't find anymore and so I see, that I put the data-folder into props... I think it happens very quit under windows...

• TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 700
    edited October 2012

No, when you go to quick start and place your new stuff into categories, I accidentally put the props category itself someplace else, in like people or motions/poses. And I got no idea how to find it, or undo it if possible. And I am so besides myself right now, I can not tell you. I can not find the props category, now, and it's making finding things very, very difficult. And I don't know what to do, now.

I mean this is something that anyone can do by accident, and there's gotta be some sort of way to fix it, I can't believe the daz people would overlook something like this.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

A silly question, but have you tried "search" ?

• JUJUJUJU Posts: 1,120
    edited December 1969

windows-search for "props"-folder???
    Windows? Mac?

edited December 1969

PC.

When I do the search and find Props, what then?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,812
    edited December 1969

reset your directories and preferences and then do a content search again maybe

edited October 2012

How do I do that?

I am pretty much a noob at all this.

Props_Missing.png
    1048 x 791 - 90K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,812
    edited December 1969

I see you are using DS3
    I clean out these three things when I want to search for content again like when I changed my external drive

Untitled.jpg
    581 x 429 - 63K
    Doc7.jpg
    607 x 403 - 98K
    Doc6.jpg
    581 x 441 - 58K
    edited December 1969

I think that worked, so far, anyhow. Thanks, Wendy. ^_^