GenX - some characters don't want to convert

I can't figure out why but some V4 characterts just don't convert. 

Usually when you drop a caharacter in GenX window, the digits show the ammount of morphs that will be converted. But some of them (Pretty Base IV, Stylized Girl and some others) just show zeroes. How can this be? They work absolutely normal on V4 itself, so the files are not damaged but GenX sees them like no character was applied. I tryed to select all the values but resault of convertion is still zero. How can we convert them?

Also a part of this question. If I want to convert a custom V4 shape not a ready character what should I do? Save it some special way?

Comments

• LagrangeLagrange Posts: 111

I found solution here:

http://orig03.deviantart.net/418d/f/2013/260/e/b/fissans_guide_to_converting_morphs_to_genesis_by_cgartiste-d6mocfv.pdf

I ask moderators the link to stay. There is no advertisment or selling, just guide for different situations that can happen with GenX.

If GenX doesn't convert a character then there is another way:

- Load V4, zero pose, accept the character
    - Export as .CR2. In menu tell it to save files in zip. It will be created in DAZ3D Library, may delete later.
    - Open GenX and drop the created file (not the zip but the main one).
    - Create single morph, Transfer: On for All Non-Zero Values, enter name.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

I don't get all of these tutorials that tell people to export as CR2 or OBJ etc. I'm pretty sure they are for the Generation X version and not the current Generation X2 version. Dimension 3D has a straightforward Manual that explains the process and works very well. I have transferred over 30 V4 characters and mats to Genesis 2 using the Dimension 3D manual.

If you're using Generation X instead of Generation X2, the update is really worth the money in time saving.

• LagrangeLagrange Posts: 111

I have GenX2 and I converted much more than 30 characters. But as I said there were SOME that GenX sees as zeros, donno why. And this is because I wrote here another solution for them. Don't flood, topic is closed.