Ok, WHAT is UP with Optimizing IMAGES?!

Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195

Whenever I try and load up the Phillip Texture for M5, I get a truckload of Optimized Images to go through when I try to do even a Spot Render. The first few times, I had a bit over a hundred. But instead of increasing (getting closer to my render so I can see it) they DECREASE! (Look closely, you'll see the Minus sign next to the Optimized Images Number) Thus, my render never comes! I tried this on one image with the Phillip Texture and the number of Optimized Images was 69 but it went over 70 and I never got my render! :down:

Worse! EVERY time I try and render my scene, even Spot Render it, the number of Optimized Images INCREASES as you can plainly see in the screen capture I provided.

This didn't just happen with M5, though. It also happened with Mighty Mestophalas's Dragon and a simple backdrop.

What exactly is causing my renders to get these exceedingly long Optimized Image numbers that decrease?! And is there a way to skip Optimizing Images and get stright to my render? Or at least make it so they don't number in the hundreds?

Capture.JPG
715 x 433 - 56K
Post edited by Knight22179 on

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Simple answer...nope, can't skip 'em. It's 3Delight turning them from whatever format they texture files are in to mipmapped/tif files that it can actually use. DS stores those images in a tmp folder, so every time you reload the product, it will have to do it all over again. 3Delight will do it for each image file...that means if you have a texture. bump map, displacement map, specular map, reflection map and subsurface map (seen a couple of things like that)...and maybe are using the LIE, too, it will convert all those for each surface;

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Don't forget Transmaps, But From what I read it is ADDING with each Render run? Should count down to zero and stay there until the OP adds more items or reloads the scene and it needs to convert over again.

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

Yeah, it's adding more Optimized Images on each Render. Doesn't even have to be M5 either, it can be something simple like the Mestophalas Dragon. I had zero trouble rendering him when I first got him. Now all of a sudden, I get hundreds of Optimized Images to go through and instead of count UP (like they usually do) they count DOWN and the render never comes.

edited December 1969

Your so right, it should count up to total once and stay there. I wonder if tdlmake has gotten fubar on your system some how.

edited December 1969

Sounds like for some reason the tmp folder isn't clearing on close...

Try shutting down DS, then reboot Windows.

If that doesn't do it, you may need to manually empty the temp folder used for renders...it should be located /users//Appliation Data/Daz 3D/Studio4/temp.

edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    Sounds like for some reason the tmp folder isn't clearing on close...

Try shutting down DS, then reboot Windows.

If that doesn't do it, you may need to manually empty the temp folder used for renders...it should be located /users//Appliation Data/Daz 3D/Studio4/temp.

Rebooting didn't help, still does it everytime. There is almost nothing in my Studio4 Pathway, certainly not a Temp folder of any kind (Just a Shaping folder). Can't find that path you specified, unless this is it:

Libraries/Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio3/Studio4temp

In that folder, I have a bunch of folders.

Runtime
    ReadMe
    People
    Data

All those folders contain are information on Sensible Shoes for Genesis.

NOTE: I loaded up some of my created characters, both of Genesis and of the old Generation figures (that I'll definately update to Genesis). No problems. I get the Optimized Images, but it's the normal thing and then I spot render again and it immedietly renders.

I only get problems when I load up the M5 Phillip Skin texture and/or the Defiant Outfit for Genesis (Used to get probs with Mestophales Dragon, but he's behaving now and I can render him).

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Your so right, it should count up to total once and stay there. I wonder if tdlmake has gotten fubar on your system some how.

No idea what that is, but it sounds bad. I hope that isn't it.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

No idea what that is, but it sounds bad. I hope that isn't it. It's the dll used by DS to convert all textures to the format the 3Delight render engine uses. AppData is in your C:Users folder and is a Hidden folder by default (in Win7). You will need to set your Folder view to show Hidden before it will list on screen.

edited October 2012

Think I found it, thanks. :)

But I don't see Application Data. Here, I provided a screenshot. I think I'm in the right place but I want to double check. Am in the right place?

And how do I get my folder to reveal hidden files? I've looked everywhere, even right click.

Capture2.JPG
    701 x 722 - 104K
    edited December 1969

Here is mine with Show Hidden set.

Help.png
    413 x 325 - 35K
    edited October 2012

I right clicked on Users folder and clicked on the Hide thing, had two options. One of them included all sub-folders but it would take an hour to do it. So I cancelled. So I clicked on the other one.

And now I think I skrewed up something as Knight22179 has disappeared! :down:

Not to mention those files in my previous Screen capture. Please be patient with me, first time doing this. I hope I didn't cause any permanent damage.

Capture3.JPG
    481 x 667 - 34K
    edited December 1969

I don't think you hurt anything you just hid more folders the SYS would like hidden.

edited December 1969

When you set up your computer (turned it on for the first time) did you just set up your user account or did you set up an admin account, too?

edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    When you set up your computer (turned it on for the first time) did you just set up your user account or did you set up an admin account, too?
    Good catch.
    edited December 1969

Well, how do I unhide that so I can see Knight22179 again? I tried but failed.

MJC1016: I can't honestly remember. I must have, since I get lots of "To open this folder requires Admin privilages" messages, which let's me in when hit OK and whenever I start my PC, I always enter a password. So, I'm gonna say both.

• islandgurl31islandgurl31 Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

Hello Knight,

Click on the drop down arrow by Organize, Click on Folder and Search Options, and Then Click on the View Tab. That is where you will find Show Hidden Files and Folders. Hope this helps a little :-).

edited October 2012

If I could help I would but I've never run into this. When I set up my PC I set Me as Admin without a password and turned off my UAC (user account control). I'm the only user and did not want to be bugged with pop ups when using my PC as I liked. Of course I've used PC for years and knew what to do. I'm sorry my advice seems to have caused you issues. I assumed you knew about these things at the start. I should have asked.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited October 2012

Hello Knight,

Click on the drop down arrow by Organize, Click on Folder and Search Options, and Then Click on the View Tab. That is where you will find Show Hidden Files and Folders. Hope this helps a little :-).

THANKS! That helps! Now I think I know what I did wrong. I was right clicking on the Users folder directly on the left hand menu and made the mistake of messing around with something I probably shouldn't have. Found Users>Knight22179 again, it was apparently moved. Found AppData. I THINK I've found the correct folder MJ spoke of.

But I checked each folder and each folder is empty. *Headesk*

Here's a screenshot of where I am at right now so anyone can confirm I am in the right place. I clicked all 3 folders. All are empty. :down:

So, if these are empty, then why am I having these M5 Phillip Texture issues whenever I load it and the Defiant outfit for Genesis? *Scratches head*

Capture.JPG
    666 x 570 - 46K
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    If I could help I would but I've never run into this. When I set up my PC I set Me as Admin without a password and turned off my UAC (user account control). I'm the only user and did not want to be bugged with pop ups when using my PC as I liked. Of course I've used PC for years and knew what to do. I'm sorry my advice seems to have caused you issues. I assumed you knew about these things at the start. I should have asked.

That's ok, Jaderail. Honestly, I've never run into this kind of thing either. Usually, I do know my way around my own PC, but like everyone, there is some things I simply don't know. So, don't be too hard on yourself. I always appreciate your help.

I just hope I'm not coming across as...stupid or something.

edited December 1969

Oh heck no. I've been Win7 for a bit now and I still hit stuff I've never seen. As for what's up with DS geeking on those textures I'm at a loss. Have you tried a Reset and then reinstalling those sets? Maybe the texture files are corrupted. That's my last idea.

edited December 1969

I was thinking the same thing. I never did update those two products (ANd everything else seems to work fine, just not those two).

I'll try resetting my downloads. I'll give an update if that works. Hopefully it will. :)

edited December 1969

If it isn't keeping everything around, the reset/corrupt textures was my next idea, too,,,

edited December 1969

Looks like I'll have to reset the LIE wound texture pack too. I only got 2 Optimized Images and it gets to 1 then zero and back again. As of this writing, it's been doing that for a bit under 4 minutes.

Resetting time!

edited December 1969

Much luck to you. I hope this is all it is.

edited December 1969

Resetting, re-downloading and re-installing M5 (with the Phillip texture), worked. No more of this problem! YAY!

Haven't tried the Defiant Outfit for Genesis yet, but I am confident that would have no problems either. :)

Thanks for the help guys. :)

P.S: This will teach me to update my content more often. :down:

edited December 1969

YEA!! Good to hear.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

P.S: This will teach me to update my content more often. :down:

I am subscribed to these two threads:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3885/
    and
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/2602/
    for updates informations.

edited December 1969

Thanks, Kerya. :)

• MarshianMarshian Posts: 1,459
    edited December 1969

Just confirming, I had this same problem too with Phillip. He's a bad boy sometimes isn't he? Setting Genesis to default male textures and saving as a separate file did help. At first I tried saving over/replacing the old file with default Genesis male, this didn't help.

I'll give the re install idea a go-go.
    I'm on a Mac.

• exist one form to avoid this....i used every time...: first open your file, and turn off renderable all your objects, in parameters tab, second...run the render...optimizing images 1/3...running....waiting...and.... READY!!!..... after this....turn renderable again....run the render....and ok..."otimizing image" avoided....