Not clean image series PNG's

village_residuumvillage_residuum Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

To get a better rendered PNG image or a rendered movie from Daz, would you need to change in settings in Daz preferences? Do I need to increase the open GL setting? Or turn on the pixel buffer and turn it up all the way? Not sure if these settings have anything to do with the quality of the image. I have just been rendering out my animation as image series PNG's and the image looks fine, but there is an outline that seems like someone made a bad pen tool selection around the figure in photoshop.

Comments

• BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited October 2012

To get a better rendered PNG image or a rendered movie from Daz, would you need to change in settings in Daz preferences? Do I need to increase the open GL setting? Or turn on the pixel buffer and turn it up all the way? Not sure if these settings have anything to do with the quality of the image. I have just been rendering out my animation as image series PNG's and the image looks fine, but there is an outline that seems like someone made a bad pen tool selection around the figure in photoshop.

Firstly, I want to tackle the OpenGL question. Since the render is done using the 3Delight render engine which is software only, the OpenGL settings don't matter at all for a final render.

Secondly, yes, the render settings make a massive difference to the final image. I don't deal with rendered movies, but for still images there's a guide which I usually use. I have no idea who made this original guide so I always say that if someone can remind me I'll ask their permission to post it, or if it's likely to cause a problem the admins are free to delete it and ask me not to post it again.

Until that happens, here it is (click for full size)...

awesomegasmic.jpg
    875 x 1000 - 358K
    Post edited by BlumBlumShub on
  • Design Anvil - Razor42Design Anvil - Razor42 Posts: 1,232
    edited December 1969

To remove the outline, try changing the background color to Black.
    Seem to clear it up for me.

BG-Color.png
    565 x 407 - 15K
  • Widdershins StudioWiddershins Studio Posts: 539
    edited December 1969

I'm getting the outlines in PNGs too. Changing the bg to black made no difference. Any ideas ?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

What are your render settings? What are you placing the images over, and in what image editor?

• Widdershins StudioWiddershins Studio Posts: 539
    edited December 1969

I'm just loading the basic V4 into DS. Then I move the camera so only her head is in view. I render the image with the default render options. The background colour is set to black.

The resulting PNG is then planned for use in a Windows program. You can replicate this by doing the same. Then opening the PNG in Photoshop. Try to save the PNG as a GIF and the halo effect is apparent.

I realise the idea of the PNG was to have nice smooth edges, but I am limited as I cannot handle anything other than transparency off or on. So nothing in between. The outline/or halo effect is a side effect for this kind of thing, when you do not need (but would like) full levels of transparency and thus smooth anti aliased edges

So my fix is that I have written some code to go bit by bit and decide which pixels should be fully transparent and the rest not so. It works but it's a bit jaggy :/

Just one to live with I think for now.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

In PS try Edit>Matting>Remove black fringe

• macleanmaclean Posts: 2,438
    edited December 1969

In PS try Edit>Matting>Remove black fringe

Actually it's Layer> Matting> Remove Black/White Matte

mac