22nd BRYCE RENDER CHALLENGE ==Light and Colour==

Comments

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,106

@Fencepost52 : I like both entries !

@Horo : thank you.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,760

@drachenlords: Very well done! Did you model that wonderful hall yourself?

@Dave Savage: I really like this one. Makes me think of a photo I once made with colour pattern on chairs and floor in a church. To increase the churchlike feeling, you could consider changing the texture of the floor into a more wooden texture (could be light and slightly darker 'tiles')?

@adbc: very nice scene. Not so sure whether judges will see the relation with the theme. Of course, there is lots of colour and light, but not as prominent as in some other works.

@Fencepost52: Another set of exploding colours! I prefer the first one, because of the 'light rays'.

• Fencepost52Fencepost52 Posts: 489

Thanks, everyone!  Certainly had lots of fun with these.  Hoping to come up with one more.

@Hansmar : you might be right about the judges, the ingredients are present, maybe next entry, if I can find the inspiration, could be a bit

more colourfull and bright...... and ..... it's not all about winning to me, it's more for the fun of it.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,014

Thanks for the comments. Magnificent entries from everyone, another awesome challenge.

Mtnmen- the starry reflections are from Horo’s Hdri – Stars_4rays1a.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,160
    edited July 2016

Not too sure about this one, but after missing the last challenge I wanted to make some sort of contribution this time round (I hope to come up with something better in the weeks remaining).
    Not much chance of bettering some of the great entries so far: some really interesting (and well-done) stuff already.

Entry #1 - Coloured Spore

Light-and-Colour-01.jpg
    1152 x 1008 - 786K
    Post edited by MelanieL on
  • vosvos Posts: 337

drachenlords -  Jedis-Ghostbusters great ideas ,Ghostbusters is my fav. one. Wonderful images.
    sriesch -specimens A beautiful collection,very nice.
    Mermaid - Nice shapes,the blue one is cool.  
    Fishtales - A great crystal universe it is.
    Hansmar - What colour will the lights be?"Beautiful colours,soft light ,cool colourful odject.
    Yellow Pen - the Brycer's Pub.Like the ambiance ,beautiful windows too.
    adbc - Temple of Illumination. Lovely sene,beautiful colours and lights. Just Looking ...Cool hair great image.
    Horo - Coloured Lights -Title says all beautiful explosion.  Angular Rubble -cool it is my fav.one .
    Dave Savage-Prism -let me think of the physics lesson (long ago) and the album by Pink Floyd,great one- Church Cat lovely image,beautiful colours ,light reflections.
    Fencepost52-Color of Music -Beautiful love the design- Hippie Infinity Cube -Lovely colours. Color of Music is my fav.
    MelanieL- Coloured Spore -a nice  start.

@MelanieL : original idea, vibrant colours, great illumination.

@vos : thank you.

adbc said:

@Hansmar : you might be right about the judges, the ingredients are present, maybe next entry, if I can find the inspiration, could be a bit

more colourfull and bright...... and ..... it's not all about winning to me, it's more for the fun of it.

That's the spirit! My reason to participate is that it is good to have a purpose in my 3D work and a challenge to be creative. Contests give us that!

@MelanieL: Nothing wrong with that one! great lights and beautifully coloured spore.

@vos: Thanks very much.

edited July 2016

Melaniel - very nice entry

Vos - thanks

My second entry: Bubbles

light3a.jpg
    800 x 800 - 84K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,139

MelanieL - Coloured Spore came out great.

vos - thank you.

Mermaid - I love the idea of the bubbles, very well done.

Thank you: vosadbcHansmarHoro and mermaid010 - and mermaid: your bubbles look interesting, they remind me a bit of organic chemistry diagrams (a bit of a benzine ring vibe going there)!

Thanks Horo and Melaniel

@mermaid010 : very interesting bubbles, well done !

edited July 2016

@mermaid010: What a lovely render, your bubbles. So much to look at and great variation in light.

My second one. Could not resist just splashing light and colours about. My apologies to those that expect us to make a thoughtful effort in the contest; I just gave it a spin and put light and colour in the

"Colour and light centrifuge"

Pure Bryce; four objects, three colours, four lights, no atmosphere or sun. Camera FOV 180 º. Only postwork is transform from TIFF (as exported) to JPG.

colour and light centrifuge.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 726K
    Post edited by Hansmar on
    edited July 2016

mermaid010-Bubbles:Lovely image,I like the refections, beautiful bubbels. 

Hansmar-Colour and light centrifuge:Great abstract ,great colours and light also.

The conductor of colours

Object -MatCreator (the conductor  center)

Torusreps and knotplot -Fish Toucan

kleuren augustus 2016.jpg
    1200 x 600 - 464K
    Post edited by vos on

Hansmar - lovely colours, quite a feeling of movement too (feel like I'm falling in!)
    vos - the bubbles belong to mermaid010 not me (I wish!) I love your colourful abstract though (reminds me of some artist's style but I can't put a name to it)

@MelanieL thanks for the comment and  thanks  you have see  that I have mix up the names ,I have fix it.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,139

Hansmar - beautifully colourful abstract.

vos - can't say it's monochrome laugh. Absolutely strikingly colourful abstract.

@Hansmar : very colourful, I like it.

@vos : superb abstract, great colours. 

edited August 2016

Thanks for the comments Adbc, Hansmar and Vos

Awesome abstracts from Hansmar and Vos

Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • My God, what an incredible work of all. This topic is really rich.

My last Entry: Bryce Pinball

The Pinball was build in Bryce 7.

Bryce Flipper.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 699K

@vos: Thanks, and Wow! what a great abstract. Reminds me of the kind of Carribean colourful paintings, for example some at Santana cover art.

@MelanieLHoroadbcmermaid010: Thanks. Sorry if you got dizzy, Melanie!

@drachenlords: wonderful pinball. What a fantastic work to make that in Bryce!

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,045
    edited August 2016

This ended up a PITA to render, 8 days and 8 hours it took according to Bryce :)

#2 from me

Catching the Light

Click on image for full size.

catching-the-light-001.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 503K
    Post edited by Fishtales on

@drachenlords : great scene and fantastic modeling !

@Fishtales : superb colours, well done.

@Fishtales: Great colours and you really caught the light in your render.

Drachenlords: fantastic modeling, awesome render

Fishtales: beautiful colours, great render

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,045
    edited August 2016

Last one from me #3.

Rainbow Cruises

Click on image for full size.

rainbow-cruise-01.jpg
    1000 x 556 - 397K
    Post edited by Fishtales on