Is there a free muscular male model?

I'm taking a drawing class and I want to practice drawing male/female bodies from different view angles and different light angles.

I just downloaded the ds 4.5 and genesis starter. It comes with a model that can be made to look like a male with some muscle tone. But even when the muscles are adjusted to the max level (bodybuilder parameter =1.00), it is still not very cut. Is there a freebie that is comparable to the michael 5 default pose in terms of muscle definition?

In the attached image, the one on the left is what I can get out of the default ds4.5, and the one on right is what I'd like to have.

If not free, anything cheaper than michael 5 $39.95?

Image removed for nudity. Please see this thread for info: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3279_98/

Post edited by fixmypcmike on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800
    edited October 2012

http://www.antonkisieldesigns.com/~akfiles/htmlpages/ApolloMaximusFree3dhumanfigure.htm
    since at least one user has reported unwanted activity visiting this link, I would suggest using an ad blocker or no script addon in your browser.

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,687
    edited October 2012

Adam Thwaites has some good muscled morphs at MostDigitalCreations for Genesis, that predate (barely) even V5.

This should have been placed in the General Freebie Requests thread.

Post edited by Eustace Scrubb on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813
    edited December 1969

I'm taking a drawing class and I want to practice drawing male/female bodies from different view angles and different light angles.

I just downloaded the ds 4.5 and genesis starter. It comes with a model that can be made to look like a male with some muscle tone. But even when the muscles are adjusted to the max level (bodybuilder parameter =1.00), it is still not very cut. Is there a freebie that is comparable to the michael 5 default pose in terms of muscle definition?

In the attached image, the one on the left is what I can get out of the default ds4.5, and the one on right is what I'd like to have.

If not free, anything cheaper than michael 5 $39.95?

If you've got the bodybuilder parameter, you may also have sliders for Body Tone, Fitness and Fitness Details. If you slide those to the maximum, you should get something like what you're looking for.

If you don't have those dials, then in order to do what you want with Genesis, you would need to get Genesis Evolution: Muscularity. (With or without Michael 5.) Unfortunately, that's also $39.95 at the moment.

• Canary3dCanary3d Posts: 2,004
    edited December 1969

He's probably too bulky but The Freak is priced in a friendly way: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/the-freak

Or you can get the freak shape for genesis and mix him with other shapes partway...that's on sale now, I think.

• Canary3dCanary3d Posts: 2,004
    edited December 1969

Oh, the max and min settings are realiy more like a guideline. If you click the little gear on end of the slider you can change the parameters to allow broader settings...that might help.

Brennan for Genesis has a nice bod and is 10 bucks: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/brennan-for-genesis

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,737
    edited December 1969

Moved to Product Suggestions as it's a request for, not an offer of, a freebie.

• adzanadzan Posts: 268
    edited December 1969

Adam Thwaites has some good muscled morphs at MostDigitalCreations for Genesis, that predate (barely) even V5.

This should have been placed in the General Freebie Requests thread.

I think the link is wrong as it goes to a holding page

i think adam is at the link below

Most Digital Creations

• If you want more muscular or musclebound characters, you have several choices:  (A) Genesis Evolution: Body Morphs, (B) Genesis Evolution: Muscularity, or (C) Genesis Swole.  I have the Body Morphs, Swole, and some monstrous characters and their morphs, so these give me versatility in the types of muscular and musclebound characters I can create.  If you purchase any of the aforementioned three body morphs, you'll definitely find it worth your while.  None are free, but you can occasionally find them on sale.