-
Will this make it to 2022 Sales Thread:Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"
Thanks, Richard. In case it is needed the two items were: Turbo Loader for Genesis 8 and 8.1 and Projection Morph Manager in order DA22-0328-B6DF-0EA4-7AB6.
[Released] Turbo Loader for Genesis 8 and 8.1 [Commercial]smaker1 said:
RiverSoftArt said:
smaker1 said:
Hello
so far my experiments:
- before any TL optimization : G8F load in 12mn34 sec approx
- I made a config with all base characters, body/faces adjustements , expressions: 1mn 30. GREAT!
Nice! 8.38x speed increase!
Thank you for sharing this.I saw that if I do a massive update (e.g. total deactivation for example), the first time I load G8F, time is mostly the same. In the log, I saw an update of a cache file that take a long time. A second G8F loading and time is completely different !
May be another option:
I took an old scene and, of course, plenty of morphs were not found. I activated the missings one as mentionned in the manual and made a config. Would it be possible in TL to read the scene without loading it in DS4 to make a config file ? This option exists but with a loaded scene. That would prevent the time lost to load the scene, list the missing morph, then activate them (paste name is a good way to optimize the search thanks for the idea) and then reload ? I have plenty of old scenes :-)
This is a different problem as it requires reading and understanding the scene file, going to the morphs referenced in the scene, opening and reading their files (as morphs can engage other morphs), repeat. Much harder and more error prone. That said, this is something I am working on as part of something I am tentatively calling Turbo Loader Booster Utilities: an on-demand enabling of the asset/scene morphs.
Unfortunately, it requires a rewrite of some of Turbo Loader to support it as assets like shape files do not store the relative path of a morph in the file.Thanks RiverSoft
My base config have still plenty of morphs and it could be better but I'm trying to find the best balance between loading time and number of morphs. 1mn30 is already very good compare to 12mn. I already decreased my coffee consumption :-)
Glad you are working on some utilities !
Congratulations for Turbo loader, It's now permanently integrated in my workflow.
I love to hear that! It makes me happy when people keep using my utilities as they have become indispensible.
[Released] Turbo Loader for Genesis 8 and 8.1 [Commercial]RiverSoftArt said:
smaker1 said:
Hello
so far my experiments:
- before any TL optimization : G8F load in 12mn34 sec approx
- I made a config with all base characters, body/faces adjustements , expressions: 1mn 30. GREAT!
Nice! 8.38x speed increase!
Thank you for sharing this.I saw that if I do a massive update (e.g. total deactivation for example), the first time I load G8F, time is mostly the same. In the log, I saw an update of a cache file that take a long time. A second G8F loading and time is completely different !
May be another option:
I took an old scene and, of course, plenty of morphs were not found. I activated the missings one as mentionned in the manual and made a config. Would it be possible in TL to read the scene without loading it in DS4 to make a config file ? This option exists but with a loaded scene. That would prevent the time lost to load the scene, list the missing morph, then activate them (paste name is a good way to optimize the search thanks for the idea) and then reload ? I have plenty of old scenes :-)
This is a different problem as it requires reading and understanding the scene file, going to the morphs referenced in the scene, opening and reading their files (as morphs can engage other morphs), repeat. Much harder and more error prone. That said, this is something I am working on as part of something I am tentatively calling Turbo Loader Booster Utilities: an on-demand enabling of the asset/scene morphs.
Unfortunately, it requires a rewrite of some of Turbo Loader to support it as assets like shape files do not store the relative path of a morph in the file.Thanks RiverSoft
My base config have still plenty of morphs and it could be better but I'm trying to find the best balance between loading time and number of morphs. 1mn30 is already very good compare to 12mn. I already decreased my coffee consumption :-)
Glad you are working on some utilities !
Congratulations for Turbo loader, It's now permanently integrated in my workflow.
[Released] Turbo Loader for Genesis 8 and 8.1 [Commercial]smaker1 said:
Hello
so far my experiments:
- before any TL optimization : G8F load in 12mn34 sec approx
- I made a config with all base characters, body/faces adjustements , expressions: 1mn 30. GREAT!
Nice! 8.38x speed increase!
Thank you for sharing this.I saw that if I do a massive update (e.g. total deactivation for example), the first time I load G8F, time is mostly the same. In the log, I saw an update of a cache file that take a long time. A second G8F loading and time is completely different !
May be another option:
I took an old scene and, of course, plenty of morphs were not found. I activated the missings one as mentionned in the manual and made a config. Would it be possible in TL to read the scene without loading it in DS4 to make a config file ? This option exists but with a loaded scene. That would prevent the time lost to load the scene, list the missing morph, then activate them (paste name is a good way to optimize the search thanks for the idea) and then reload ? I have plenty of old scenes :-)
This is a different problem as it requires reading and understanding the scene file, going to the morphs referenced in the scene, opening and reading their files (as morphs can engage other morphs), repeat. Much harder and more error prone. That said, this is something I am working on as part of something I am tentatively calling Turbo Loader Booster Utilities: an on-demand enabling of the asset/scene morphs.
Unfortunately, it requires a rewrite of some of Turbo Loader to support it as assets like shape files do not store the relative path of a morph in the file.[Released] Turbo Loader for Genesis 8 and 8.1 [Commercial]Dieter said:
Hello Riversoft,
I've been looking for a tool like this for a long time. Great work!
Unfortunately, there is a downside, because after I completely reinstalled DAZ and only installed the G8 starters, I still get the mophs from the old installation. My products are also displayed as UNKNOWN PPRODUCT.
What can I do to get clean results here! see the screenshot
Thankswireless_mosc
If you mean you want the morph list to only see/show the morphs from your re-installation (and the other morphs are truly all gone). Click the Clear button in Turbo Loader Manager, Save Settings, Cancel, Select the Figure and Re-start Turbo Loader Manager.
Can't export morphs (not showing on )Hello, i have a Genesis 8 Female with Genitalia added from Victoria 8 pro, the thing is that i want to export the genesis 8 with a few morphs AND the genitalia with some morphs too, but when i open the exportr options window the genitalia is not appearing, so i can't export the morphs.
I tried to merge fitted figure geometry, but when i do that the genitalia doesn't follow the body morphs (for example, i change the weight morph from Genesis and the genitalia stays with the original form). I can't find the approach to do this correctly.
Question about Morph "Description"I wondered about that 'label' variable too, as the 'label' in 'channel' is the one displayed in DAZ so why do you need two of those fields? Also I can't seem to find a difference between 'icon_large' and 'icon_small' as anywhere DAZ seems to display an image as an icon it is always 'icon_large'.
Background, the reason I ask is because I was creating a custom morph and wanted to remind myself what was required to use it, figured 'description' was the place to put the info. Thought it was going to work by hovering over the dial to see a popup. The only place there is any documentation is when DAZ discussed Presentation Editor in the Wiki and even then the info is sparse to say the least. You could assume that what is under the "presentation" : { would be something presented to me within DAZ, at least that is what I thought.
[Released] Turbo Loader for Genesis 8 and 8.1 [Commercial]Hello
so far my experiments:
- before any TL optimization : G8F load in 12mn34 sec approx
- I made a config with all base characters, body/faces adjustements , expressions: 1mn 30. GREAT!
I saw that if I do a massive update (e.g. total deactivation for example), the first time I load G8F, time is mostly the same. In the log, I saw an update of a cache file that take a long time. A second G8F loading and time is completely different !
May be another option:
I took an old scene and, of course, plenty of morphs were not found. I activated the missings one as mentionned in the manual and made a config. Would it be possible in TL to read the scene without loading it in DS4 to make a config file ? This option exists but with a loaded scene. That would prevent the time lost to load the scene, list the missing morph, then activate them (paste name is a good way to optimize the search thanks for the idea) and then reload ? I have plenty of old scenes :-)
Morph Problem(1) When u load saved-scene and it says missing file, save as New scene (different from your existing char scenes), then exit and reload. Sometimes missing not so really.
(2) If is needed, morph should be in recycle bin (windows anyway). Find it and restore.
(3) If too late for Plan 2, then figure out which Product had it and re-donwload (after uninstalling first). Or possibly morph had such a small effect you don't need.
Morph ProblemRecently I started cleaning out unused products from my library & I deleted a Genesis 3 Female morph & now suddenly it seems all my Genesis 3 female characters (Characters I created) suddenly are missing that morph when it was never used on them. Does anyone know how to fix this type of problem? As well as any advice on how to prevent it in the future?
AOBB's Debutante for G8.1F head morph. No textures.You're welcome SapphireBlue!
I'm glad you like my new morph. Yes, he could have some mountains in the background of the promo images. Unfortunately, I didn't have any in my Content Library and I didn't want to spend even more money on them. It's so easy to overspend at the DAZ store...
I created an image with The Scandinavian and Astronaut in the great outdoors. It's here:
https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/6420504982323200#gallery=newest&page=1&image=1213041
This is an older version of The Scandinavian in the render and he has different hair but it is him.
Cheers,
AOBB
AOBB's Debutante for G8.1F head morph. No textures.Thanks for the rendering and simulation tips AOBB! My issues with simulation are my lack of understanding at this stage I think, but I hope to work on that more. I'm only doing CPU renders until whenever I can update my set-up, but I'll bookmark Boost for when I maybe get into animation. Can't imagine having to run that on my PC!
I can understand your husband's reaction - I myself was appalled when I totalled my purchases for last year (my first year of shopping here). I'm not much into shopping, so this was beyond crazy...

Your new morph looks great! He may need some mountains!
Dustmaster confusion UPDATEDIn case anyone is interested: I installed Versatily for Dustmaster without Dustmaster installed and all the features of Dustmaster (including the original prop and morph controls) are indeed included in Versatily for Dustmaster. Really quite surprising, especially since the base price of Versatily for Dustmaster is less than the base price for Dustmaster by itself.
GENERAL FREEBIE REQUESTS part 3scar_hand said:
Are there any freebes of a Dusk auto-fit clone for Genesis 3 Male, Genesis 8 Male, and Genesis 8.1 Male figures?
If you know how to reverse morph them from Dusk, yes. Vintorix has some over at sharecg.
How do I fix clothes pop in?juvesatriani said:
lou618_2b45855fe7 said:
So I just imported a scene into Blender from Daz Studio, but clothes are still popping in through the models, not fitting as intended. How do I fix this in Blender? is there a demorph type of tool in Blender? How do I select the bones of the clothes?You can fix them using SCULPT tool . As long you`re not bring back those model into DAZ studio again , you can literally use any sculpt tools to fix it .
Here the simple walkthorugh ,
- Open plus sign like outliner just like you find or select conformed/parented object in DAZ scene tab
- Find and select the clothes object ( make sure you`re still in OBJECT mode not EDIT - SCULPT or POSE etc )
- With object selected change OBJECT MODE into SCULPT mode , the left area will changes with bunches of SCULPT Tools
- Choose GRAB sculpt tool , then try use it in area you want to fix
- Play with RADIUS - STRENGTH _ FALL OFF setting for more precise with your need
- Back to Object Mode if you`re done .
Optional : save it as new custom shape key ( Custom morph if in DAZ ) . Find tutorial in youtube for create new Shape key
It's working, thanks.Why Did dForce Hair Tear dForce Dress?Why Did dForce Hair Tear dForce Dress? The two products were the hair https://www.daz3d.com/biscuits-noa-hair-with-dforce-for-genesis-8-female and the dress https://www.daz3d.com/hc-dforce-simple-princess-line-outfit-for-genesis-8-females
Both products were made for Genesis 8 Female - I fit them to Genesis 3 Female, to a body morph of my own making.
I loaded the figure, loaded the dForce dress onto it - but didn't simulate it. Then I loaded the dForce hair and fitted it to the figure. I didn't alter the hair and used the standard preset where the hair is flying up in the air behind the figure. I didn't change the figure or the dress from the zero position and didn't add any pose. Then I siumulated the hair, and it fell into a ponytail behind the figure. I stopped the simulation at around 50% because the hair looked like it was in a natural ponytail. The hair looked good, but where the hair touched the back of the dress, the dress got ripped and shredded. In one of the attached images I made the hair invisible to show you the back of the dress.
I don't know why it happened. I don't know how to prevent it from happening again. When I use that dress, with non-dForce hair which touches the dress, nothing happens to the dress.
Anybody have any answers?
Thanks!
Question about Morph "Description"If you look at any morph or .DSF file that is uncompressed, it is simply some sort of text file, there is a field under "presentation": { that is named "description" , it usually preceeds "icon_large", other than in the file itself, where in DAZ is that description displayed?
Question about Morph "Description"What do you mean by morph script?
Problem trying to delete a created morphIt sounds as if there may be a copy of the .dsf file in another content directory, which is being found and loaded once you remove the one you adjusted. Do you have more than one Daz Studio Format content directory linked to Daz Studio? Have you checked to see if the other(s) have a copy of the morph?
Question on Creating a Smooth Foot (No Toes) or Amputee MorphHi all,
I've successfully created face feature and body morphs in the past, but am now attempting some new ones that I think will present more of a challenge.
I need to create a morph for a smooth foot, with no toe shape or toenails - just smooth like a mannequin foot (as attached). I would prefer to do this as a morph, rather a "Fit to" prop or making a fleshy shoe cap. The issue I can foresee coming up is that morphs, to my understanding, need to have exactly the same number of mesh vertices for morphs as the G8 Bases. Basically, I would need to remove a lot of detail from the look by smoothing out the toenails and toe shapes. I see that some other users have sucessfully created amputee morphs, and I assume they may have faced similar challenges.
My thought is to expand out the toes and toenails mesh into one large blob in Blender, Maya, or Zbrush, then sculpt it down into a smooth foot shape. Does anyone have any suggestions on this for this or different directions to take (Fit to or Geografting?), or how the amputee morphs were created? One mistake and I know the morph will not import back in correctly from Blender. lol
Thanks!!








