-
Where is victoria 4
In answer to your question regarding the skin converter, it does leave the original jpg/png/xyz format intact and mainly creates a material preset that uses the original file. If i remember correctly.
Don't use it very often myself.
Be aware that you also have to have this product for it to work.
http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female
IF you don't have a lot of V4 skins/characters the batch program probably won't be worthe investment.
Now if you're like me and have several hundred v4 characters, it's a bit more viable.
MRL Willow - Wow!I am so happy to see one of my favorite rendo character creators here. IMHO she and Raiya make the best looking characters out there.
http://www.daz3d.com/cailin-for-victoria-7
Agreed, Cailin is probably my favourite of all the characters I have - any generation; course I'm a sucker for redheads, which is probably a slight influence; even so she is brilliant.
Victoria 5 instation QuesitonI have a fresh Daz Studio/Carrara 8.5 Instal on a new PC. I have not used Daz in years but I see that it comes with Vicxtoria 5 on it. I have an old Victoria 5 Pro .exe bundle from a long time ago. Should I skip the Victoria 5 from Daz install manager and just use my Pro exe version?
Poser vs. DAZI paid as much as what Poser Pro upgrade cost to add the equivalent functionality to DAZ Studio as Poser has. It is true the DAZ Store has more content then Content Paradise but you definately pay more for that content on average. I couldn't imagine as a hobbyist paying full price but you can bet some hobbyists do and surely some businesses do. Out of the box Poser Pro has lots of content.
This is true. However, as someone who's been using Poser since Poser 5, I can tell you that the catch is that the vast majority of that content has previously been included in all of the previous versions of Poser... ie: what's included with Poser Pro 11 is about 90% the same as what was in Poser Pro 2012 and 70% the same as Poser 8 (and a lot of those items in the Pros used to be freebies on the CP website.) It's all very well for SM to advertise that Poser 11 Pro comes with 5 GB of content, but 4GB of that is the same content as the previous versions... Alphaman, Creech, Don, Judy, James, Jessi... most of these are contemporaries of Victoria 3 and quite a few predate Victoria 1. Worse, they don't include the last set of well supported SM figures, the G2s, (Kelvin, Koji, Mikkis 2-4 and, if SM's own info is correct, G2 James and Jessie) which HAVE been included with previous versions of Poser. And that removes almost all of the ethnic characters in one fell swoop. Okay, you do get the Diego variants of Ryan and Ryan 2, but otherwise, if you want to render anything besides white males and females, cartoon characters and aliens, you're going to have to buy additional figures or invest in a 2nd party texture conversion system. So while you get a lot of content, the usability of a lot of that content is going to be highly variable, and the majority of it predates the newer technology that one is theoretically buying the newest version of the software for by five to ten years.
This is why I strongly recommend buying an older version of Poser at a super discount rather than splurging on the new package. Especially when you consider the following:
The other thing to remember about Poser's included content is that no matter what the "new" figures are, they're not going to garner any real support in the marketplace until months after the release of the new version, and that's making the big assumption that they ever will. To wit, just try and find clothing made specifically for Roxie, who was the current main female figure until the arrival of Pauline just a few months ago. Because, as it stands, there are less than 20 Roxie items on Content Paradise, and the little that was on Renderosity has long since disappeared due to that site's clearance polices. A quick search there turned up a single dynamic miniskirt and a pair of boots. Need a Roxie texture set? Um, nope, they're just not really out there. There were a few when Poser Pro 2014 launched, but they've all since been clearanced or pulled by the artists. Freebies? There are a bare handful on sites like ShareCG. And Rex is even worse off. The sad truth is that the last SM figure that got any aftermarket support to speak of was Alyson 2 and she's down to 45 items on CP. And yes, granted, there are some artists giving Pauline a shot right now, but it's hard to ignore the likelihood that if you plan to use SmithMicro's included figures, you're ultimately going to end up spending a lot of time converting products made for the DAZ and Hivewire figures. Or, more likely, you'll end up buying Dawn/V4 or whatever, so you have to add that cost onto the top of Poser as well. (Or you could Get DAZ Studio for free and get Genesis and G2F&M at no extra cost.)
Personally, as someone who does still use Poser for some things, I really wish Smith Micro would just give up on the "new figures for each new version of Poser" schtick. Either save the cost and drop the price of the base software, or stick with a figure and actually develop a content market for it.
Millennium Musician PosesThese are poses for very old figures (Victoria 1 &2 and Michael 1 & 2) which are no longer available. Since you are new, do you have these figures and are they the ones you are trying to use? These poses probably won't work very well, if at all, on the newer figures
This set is basically just poses and only a few minor items like the baton are included. You have to buy the instruments seperately.
The good news is you can return the item within 30 days of purchase. Just contact customer service (Help>contact Us >.Submit a Help Ticket) and request a return and refund.
thank you for your response! I dont have these figures and I think that these product is not usefull for me... I will conctact the customer service.
Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 7Looky, I actually made a render to make a render.. O.o
Okay, Anjou Hair by AprilYSH (Daz-O) quicky review...
There are several style morphs, about as many as you can get away with for a short style like this. All the fringe has extra bones for posing (left front, right front, and back fringe) which is really handy, and a bunch of adjustment morphs that I didn't have to use at all. If you're styling it with the dials you see more options for Move & Style in the parameters tab, shaping tab only shows the actual style morphs whereas parameters also has the pose controls which add a good deal more functionality. But if you're lazy/in a hurry there's a bunch of pre-made styles to use in the hair's folder as is normal with April's products. It comes with a bunch of colors, I used white and changed the diffuse and translucence tints slightly to better match her eyebrows but otherwise didn't mess with the materials. I added a couple magnets to push the braid behind her ears, it has an adjustment morph to move the braid higher but it wasn't quite enough for these big ears.
Overall - A+ for style, usablity, morphs, and materials. Absolutely beautiful.
Also used the Little Mystery suit, I didn't put it through it's paces but I also didn't have to fight with it in any way, I loaded it, added one if it's textures, and rendered... and this is not a clothing friendly pose (I know 'cause it's one of the poses I use to test my rigging) so I'm quite happy with the suit.
Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 7Well, this is the epitome of a statement. "10 morphs for hair" in the specific lists of morphs of Belinda Hair. No, really? I thought it was morphs for her clothes. This is silly!
10 Morphs Hair
13 Morphs Long
14 Morphs BangsThe total lack of effort telling what the morphs are is disappointing. I wanted to know if that one side of the hair does anything other than hang behind her, down the back. Anyone who owns that hair, will you try it and tell us? Frankly, compare that description with Katharina Hair
There should be a standard template for hair artists and all products, frankly, requiring certain aspects to be explicitly stated. I know, broken record. But morphs for the hair is a "will buy it, not buy it" factor.
EDIT: And then there's this one: Betty Hair. You get to guess the styles and morphs, and you're talking SIXTEEN actions you, as a buyer, don't know.
05 Adjustment Morphs
12 Bang Morphs
05 Bangs over eyes Morphs
06 Front Morphs
08 other Hair Morphs
08 Stylesnovica: In this cases a good way is to have a look into the file list:
http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/24190/file_list
you can at least get a good guess from the Names
But I agree this stuff should be shown clearly in the Promo Images
Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 7If you go to the readme, the link to the FileList can often tell you what those morphs are. It's an extra step (having to find the readme and get there) but it may help?
http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/24338/file_list
Well, this is the epitome of a statement. "10 morphs for hair" in the specific lists of morphs of Belinda Hair. No, really? I thought it was morphs for her clothes. This is silly!
10 Morphs Hair
13 Morphs Long
14 Morphs BangsThe total lack of effort telling what the morphs are is disappointing. I wanted to know if that one side of the hair does anything other than hang behind her, down the back. Anyone who owns that hair, will you try it and tell us? Frankly, compare that description with Katharina Hair
There should be a standard template for hair artists and all products, frankly, requiring certain aspects to be explicitly stated. I know, broken record. But morphs for the hair is a "will buy it, not buy it" factor.
EDIT: And then there's this one: Betty Hair. You get to guess the styles and morphs, and you're talking SIXTEEN actions you, as a buyer, don't know.
05 Adjustment Morphs
12 Bang Morphs
05 Bangs over eyes Morphs
06 Front Morphs
08 other Hair Morphs
08 StylesDidn't even know you could do that. That's helpful
Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 7If you go to the readme, the link to the FileList can often tell you what those morphs are. It's an extra step (having to find the readme and get there) but it may help?
http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/24338/file_list
Well, this is the epitome of a statement. "10 morphs for hair" in the specific lists of morphs of Belinda Hair. No, really? I thought it was morphs for her clothes. This is silly!
10 Morphs Hair
13 Morphs Long
14 Morphs BangsThe total lack of effort telling what the morphs are is disappointing. I wanted to know if that one side of the hair does anything other than hang behind her, down the back. Anyone who owns that hair, will you try it and tell us? Frankly, compare that description with Katharina Hair
There should be a standard template for hair artists and all products, frankly, requiring certain aspects to be explicitly stated. I know, broken record. But morphs for the hair is a "will buy it, not buy it" factor.
EDIT: And then there's this one: Betty Hair. You get to guess the styles and morphs, and you're talking SIXTEEN actions you, as a buyer, don't know.
05 Adjustment Morphs
12 Bang Morphs
05 Bangs over eyes Morphs
06 Front Morphs
08 other Hair Morphs
08 StylesVictoria 4 Skeleton & similar items on newer generation figuresHow well does http://www.daz3d.com/v4-skeleton and the similar products (organs & muscles, and same 3 for M4) work with other figures? It sounds like it conforms like clothing, so it should autofit to any clone, but as it seems like a bit of an odd product, I figured I'd ask first.
Carrara work flow questionDo you set up your figure in Daz Studio and them move it to Carrara? For example hamption hair need to be lengthed, style set and colored. My Victoria charicter need to have morphs apply to make her look differnt. Or do you do everything in Carrara?
What figure and hair is this? *Solved*Looks like Victoria 5 (Genesis 1)
http://www.daz3d.com/hampton-hair
http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-5-pro-bundle
Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 7Well, this is the epitome of a statement. "10 morphs for hair" in the specific lists of morphs of Belinda Hair. No, really? I thought it was morphs for her clothes. This is silly!
10 Morphs Hair
13 Morphs Long
14 Morphs BangsThe total lack of effort telling what the morphs are is disappointing. I wanted to know if that one side of the hair does anything other than hang behind her, down the back. Anyone who owns that hair, will you try it and tell us? Frankly, compare that description with Katharina Hair
There should be a standard template for hair artists and all products, frankly, requiring certain aspects to be explicitly stated. I know, broken record. But morphs for the hair is a "will buy it, not buy it" factor.
EDIT: And then there's this one: Betty Hair. You get to guess the styles and morphs, and you're talking SIXTEEN actions you, as a buyer, don't know.
05 Adjustment Morphs
12 Bang Morphs
05 Bangs over eyes Morphs
06 Front Morphs
08 other Hair Morphs
08 StylesV8 is free!It was funny to see what it was. I hadn't checked my email yet so my first thought when I saw the promo- "Ain't doing another generation."
But poor vendor-while it might be funny today, in the future we're going to have people referring to V8 and that will always refer to Victoria 8.
V8 is free!H a Ha Ha when you first see the promo you first think wow Victoria 8 already.. then click it and see its for a engine.. very good April fools .. :D
The Bone DragonDoes Daz actually ask PAs to retire items? GIven that I see things that look like they date back to the Zygote days still available for sale in the store, I find it doubtful that either age or lack of sales move DAZ themselves to retire anything. The only factors I've seen that lead to retired items are vendor decision, vendor departure, unresolvable technical issues, or legal issues (copyright etc...)
I'm not sure if they ask vendors; but DAZ does retire some of their own items. For example Victoria 1 & 2 and Michael 1 & 2 are no longer available
Problems with V4.2 Creature Creator Add Ons, V4.2 Creature Morphs and V4.2 Morphs++ Developer KitOk, sorry my bad, I just found out I had to select the head and make changes in Parameters.
So V4.2 Creature Morphs and V4.2 Morphs++ Developer Kit are working.
However, I still have problems with Victoria 4.2 Creature Creator Add Ons. I cannot add the horns.
Thanks for your help.
_KN
Problems with V4.2 Creature Creator Add Ons, V4.2 Creature Morphs and V4.2 Morphs++ Developer KitHi there,
Does anyone else have problems with these packages?
Victoria 4.2 Creature Creator Add Ons, V4.2 Creature Morphs and V4.2 Morphs++ Developer Kit
I see them in my Content Library but while selecting Victoria 4.2 figure and double clicking on any of the morphs, nothing is happening.
Any suggestions?
Thank you and have a great day!
_KN
Product Updates - Information what the Update is aboutThe anatomical elements have not, since Victoria 3, been included with the base figure. In the third and fourth generations they were in the morph packs, from Genesis on they have been in some at least of the adult named-character Pro Bundles. So having the anatomical elements included in the free base Genesis should have been surprising and expected to be an error.
OK, I've always thought they came with the figures as they've always been there by default, but that must be because I have the morphs then. BTW, I can see from a search on "gential" on old installers that M4 genitals also are included with Cararra as a separate file, but V4 does not show up at all in the search.
TabascoJack's House of Hot Sauce and ArtI recently purchased "Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female" and thought I'd test it out against V4 Cuore di Moda.
I'm happy with it; the clothes auto-fit perfectly and I think the result worked well.
Parrotdolphin's Iray Shader Kit 1 was used on the outfit to get an organza blouse and silk vest and pants.
Rendered with Iray, Color adjustment and vignetting in Photoshop.













