• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Star Trek Builders Unite 7: The Continuing Mission

    Work is progressing yet again on the TMP style Connie Engineering. I didn't bother modeling the corridors that I've added here in DAZ in Truespace because I new I'd just assemble them in Daz. The first floor is assembled and I'm kind of haphazardly assembling the second and third floors at the same time to make sure everything fits right since those are a kind of big open area. I put the small Connie in there so you can get an idea how this would orient inside the ship. The short corridors to the front of Engineering only connect to various turbolifts, but the corridor to the back would head to the cargo bay. When it's connected to the other sets I'm working on it'll just be a 90 degree Radial corridor turn. I am tempted to drop the torpedo bay somewhere off one of these corridors though instead of on the other side of the sets like I'd originally drawn up. I also threw in my usual Victoria 4 stand in so you could get an idea of scale. :)

    By

    AshleyTinger AshleyTinger July 2016 in The Commons
  • V4 clothing on G3F - tutorial

    hey guys i'm sorry i might sound way off the subject but i already tried that but its seem a bit off so i wanted to get the v4 and i did but whenever i install it doesnt show i installed everything from victoria 4.2 pro bundle but i cant find it in my smart content nor the content library 

    any help would be greatly appreciated

    By

    jackwolf747 jackwolf747 July 2016 in Freebies
  • Hypergenetic bioarmor

    Well, it would work with these onee:

    http://www.daz3d.com/freak-ultra-bodysuit

    http://www.daz3d.com/hiro-3-0-ultra-bodysuit (a favourite)

    http://www.daz3d.com/stephanie-3-0-petite-ultra-catsuit

    http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-3-0-ultra-catsuit

    http://www.daz3d.com/aiko-3-0-ultra-catsuit

    Which aren't too expensive, and allow you to use some other cool textures, like the Concord and Project Z series.

    -- Walt Sterdan

    By

    wsterdan wsterdan July 2016 in The Commons
  • From Russia for Rune 7

    Here are a few more. 1. Elena-Eva, 2. Svetlana-Victoria, 3. Anastasiya

    By

    luci45 luci45 July 2016 in The Commons
  • Selbsthilfegruppe DAZ Studio - Beispiele, Fragen, Diskussion und sonstiges Gequatsche

    Hallo Miteinander,

    Wahrscheinlich weiß das jeder nur ich wieder nicht.

    Wenn ich ein Objekt, wie z,B. Pistole, Messer oder Axt einer Figur in einer der beiden Hände geben will und es dort kleben bleiben soll, wie stelle ich das an?

    Vielen Dank für die Antworten.

    Hi Commander,

    relativ einfache Prozedur: wenn Du alles fertig positioniert hast, Rechtsklick auf den Gegenstand, der "kleben bleiben soll" (XYZ) und dann die Option "Change "XYZ" Parent..." linksklicken. In dem sich nun öffnenden Fenster den Körperteil der "Trägerfigur" auswählen, bei der der kleben bleiben soll. Im Fall von Waffen o. ä. Objekte wählt man da dann die linke oder rechte Hand, für Helme o. ä. Kopfbedeckungen den Kopf, usw. usw. (S. Bild "image_45"). Darauf achten, dass die Option "Parent in Place" angehakt ist.

     

    Wenn man einen solchen Gegenstand öfter wiederverwenden will, empfiehlt es sich, das Ganze nach der vorangegangenen Prozedur als "Wearable(s) Preset..." abzuspeichern. Mit der Methode lässt sich z.B. die Pose der Hand mit einbinden, so dass man diese nicht jedesmal neu posieren muss/ein extra Pose Preset anwenden muss. Dann wird jedesmal, wenn man das Prop zuweist, auch die benötigte Griff-Pose automatisch angewendet.

    Methode:

    Im "Scene Tab" die "Tragerfigur" (G2F, G3F,etc.) auswählen, dann die Option "File", "Save As" und  "Wearable(s) Preset..." anklicken, einen Dateinamen vergeben, und in dem nun aufploppenden Menü ausser bei dem gewünschten Gegenstand alle Haken entfernen. Dann auf den Reiter "Pose" klicken und einen Haken bei "Include Pose Settings in Preset" setzen.

    In der darunterliegenden Node Liste auch erstmal alle Haken entfernen (sonst wird die komplette gegenwärtige Pose angewandt, und das wollen wir ja nicht, nur die Hand brauchen wir...) mittels linksklick auf den Figur Node (in diesem Beispiel Victoria 6). Dann wuseln wir uns durch die Node Liste, bis wir die Hand gefunden haben. Dort bei den Nodes "...Thumb 1", "...Carpal 1" und "...Carpal 2", "General" und "Pose Controls" einen Haken setzen, und dann auf "Accept" linksklicken. Schon hat man ein schickes WP mit eingebauter Pose. (S. Bild "image_48").

     

    Die Hand an sich sollte man dabei nicht auswählen, da dann auch die Achsrotation der Hand ("Bend", "Twist", "Side-Side") mit in die Pose einfließt. Dadurch müsste man bei einer ansonst passenden finalen Pose wieder an der Handposition herumschrauben und diese wieder korrigieren. "Greifen" tun nur Daumen und Finger, nicht das ganze Patschehändchen... wink

    Viel Spaß beim Ausprobieren. smiley

     

     

    P.S.: Falls die Frage aufkommt...

    Das schicke "Glock 17" Prop in meinem Beispiel ist von FoRender.com, skaliert auf 87,3%. IMO wesentlich besser als das Renderosity Gegenstück (da vollständig texturiert) und mit schlappen $6.00 auch wesentlich günsticher. Unter "Free Products" findet man bei diesem Anbieter auch eine schicke, kostenlose HK USP inklusive Zubehör (Schalldämpfer, Lampe, Match-Aufsatz der Sport-Variante).

    By

    Arnold C Arnold C July 2016 in The Commons
  • Help on render output

    Hello,

    I have installed DAZ on another PC in the house and getting odd render results, even though the settings appear to be the same.

    (I blocked out images incase I broke any forum rules) See pic 001, this is the image from the original PC (which is the texture I want). Its Victoria 7 with all default iRay settings. I do the same thing on the new PC, and I get whats in image 002, a washed out looking skin texture. I cant for the life of me figure it out. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks - J

    By

    VantaBlack3d VantaBlack3d July 2016 in New Users
  • Michael and Friends Appreciation Association [Lots of images, please.]

    My new character Darneil. I bet this is how the poor Michael feels in the DAZ store, surrounded by Victoria's and their skimwear. smiley

    By

    Chanteur-de-Vent Chanteur-de-Vent July 2016 in The Commons
  • Character Cataloging

    Victoria 4 - PGS Kara

     

    Victoria 4 - DMR Alahna

     

    Star! by Lady Littlefox

     

    Victoria 4 - Alba (freebie)

     

    Genesis 2 - Lythra (freebie)

     

     

     

    By

    3Diva 3Diva July 2016 in Art Studio
  • What I Have Learned So Far

    Two days in, with Daz Studio 4.9!

    With some kind assistance from the users here, I have been able to:

    * Import my Victoria 7, and then add the Finely character to her.

    * Dress her in Victorian gowns and shoes.

    * Add hair (a Victorian updo).

    * Pose her.

    * Add a background.

    * Light the scene.

    * Fix clothing collisions.

    I feel pretty good about my progress. I've found the Daz interface easy and tuitive to use. I would suggest that anyoner interested in learning this software spend an hour or two watching the tutorial videos. 

    The biggest surprise came when I realized even clothes have bones that must be moved when the wearer's body is put into different poses. My character's jacket followed her arms perfectly, but her skirt required repositioning with each pose. Took me a bit to figure that out, but the end results are surprising. Will post a finished render when I get the lighting right.

    In short, I love DAZ3D studio. I don't have a single artistic bones in my body, but I finally bring some of the images in my head to life. Very cool!

    By

    franktuttle franktuttle July 2016 in New Users
  • Genesis 3 and HD Morphs in Carrara 8.5

    Heya All!

    This thread is in two parts. Part 1 is a suggestion on how to get some Genesis 3 characters working more or less as expected within Carrara 8.5 Pro. Part 2 is a request for help implementing what I hope is another useful workaround for the HD morphs issue.

    Part 1

    Genesis 3 isn't compatible with Carrara 8.5 at this point. I've heard some rumblings about an update but seen nothing so far. A few days ago GenX2 Add-on for Genesis 3 was released. This is awesome because I am now able to literally transfer Genesis 3 characters and morphs onto standard Genesis models which work just fine in Carrara aside from geografting. I save the loaded Genesis out of DazStudio as a .duf and it loads into Carrara with full posing capability.

    Yay! Genesis 3 in Carrara is no longer completely impossible!!!

    Part 2

    But as we also know, the lower polygon structure of Genesis 2 and 3 mean that HD morphs are needed to bring out the best. Since Carrara doesn't yet do HD and I cannot image that it suddenly would, what can we do? Displacement seems like the most likely candidate to my mind. If the HD morphs themselves were at some point image based, such as a Z-brush workflow, then it seems plausible to assume that if one had access to those original height maps that they could produce a displacement effect that would be visually similar to that of the HD morphs as viewed in DazStudio.

    Since those original mega-resolution height maps likely will remain guarded, a user would need to use cleverness to extract the height map information from the resulting final morphs themselves. One method I've used is to dial in certain morphs to extreme levels, and then to render out an AO pass using Shader Baker in DazStudio. This sort of converts the 3d information into 2d information that I can manipulate in a compositing application.

    It's far from perfect, mind you.

    What I am wondering is if anyone has considered a product line of Displacement Maps which can provide HD surface contours for those users who don't own software that supports HD? I was surprised to notice that none of the HD Morph packages come supplied with corresponding Displacment Maps.

    I am looking for any advice anyone can offer on how best to accomplish HD level details in Carrara. As stated, my best plan so far is to employ Displacement. But I'm no artist and the idea of having to draw them by hand for things like elbow wrinkles and knee folds is terrifying. Maybe there are those with experience in these areas who can offer a tip or two. I am not yet fully aware of the limitations of displacement in Carrara/Octane, so maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree completely.

    I am open to all suggestions.

    Thanks all for your time.

    Howdy,

    I have been waiting, what feels like forever for DAZ to support Genesis 3 in Carrara.  When GenX2 for Genesis 3 came out, I was stoked.  I purchased it immediatly, and have been messing around converting Genisis 3 figures to Genesis 2 figures.  Which of course wooks fine (as long as you don't use the HD morphs), but the issue as mentined above is textures.  So, I asked this question in the Technical help board: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/95106/now-that-we-have-genx2-for-genesis-3#latest

    I was provided a link to a tutorial that shows you how to use Blender to convert textures between models.  It took some time, but I have got a workign version of Jolina HD http://www.daz3d.com/jolina-hd-for-victoria-7 for Carrara.   The morph works, but I am still tweaking the textures using shaders in Carrara.  Once I am satisifed with the results, i'll post them to my gallery, and provided a link for those that are interested.

    By

    LinkRS LinkRS July 2016 in Carrara Discussion
  • LuxusCore Carrara

    quick question, please forgive me it's already answered in this thread somewhere, does it work with the rara strand hair ?

    thankssmiley

    Yes, but only with hairs that have one hair groups only, more info in an old post:

     

    Beta testing of Hair rendering in LuxusCore:

    -Simple scene with Victoria 4.2 base and a Carrara shader set with a LuxCore SunSky light: All Hair sets in the free Samples folder (included with Carrara) work, except the "Spiral Ponytail" work both in GPU and CPU mode.
    -Spiral Ponytail says "An error has occured" in IPR and nothing at all in the Render Room, same problem in GPU/CPU path/bidir settings, so it is not a GPU problem. There is enough RAM available (>8GB RAM free), Carrara just locks right before the rendering should start.
    -Other commercial hair sets like http://www.daz3d.com/dynamic-rebel-hair-for-v4-and-m4 also crash the same way, so I guess it is a similar problem.
    -Only tested on my main rig so far: Carrara 8.5.1.19 Pro, Win 7 x64, 16GB RAM.

    /EDIT: Found one diffference between the hair sets that work and those that do not work: One Hair group works, more than one Hair group does not work.
    Do not know enough about Carrara hair to understand how that can be a problem, if it is the problem.

     

    By

    3drendero 3drendero July 2016 in Carrara Discussion
  • Missing Materials - new install of 4.9

    Was away from rendering for a while (I initially had Daz Studio 4.8 installed, then had updated to 4.9).   I'm on a new machine and downloaded everything I had previously purchased.  So far so good.

    Victoria 7 figure loaded a-ok and I then dropped in a primitive (plane) so I could create a light object (simulate a soft-box).  In the Loading | Creating tab, I selected that object.  Under Surfaces | Presets, things are strange.  Under Materials > Iray, it only lists the various materials for the figures I have installed (e.g. Victoria 7, Summer for Victoria, etc.).   And under Presets > Shaders, there's only a single entry named 'Other' (Subsurface Base Shader).

    I am not seeing any of the basic Iray shaders for metals, plastics, the light-emitting material, etc.

    Anyone else seeing this?  I think I'll completely uninstall and start over again.  Seems like I have a botched installation somehow.

    By

    rsharp rsharp July 2016 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Compatibility of Clothes/Accessories and Victorias (Newb Question)

    Turns out that I bought several figures back in 2014 when I was trying Poser. So I have a Victoria 6, some hair, some clothes. I think I'll start by experimenting with her; given my skill level, which is somewhere bewteen 'Frog' and 'Bag of Sand,' that should suffice for the moment. Will post some images when I get a decent on rendered. Thanks for the help!

     

    By

    franktuttle franktuttle July 2016 in New Users
  • Compatibility of Clothes/Accessories and Victorias (Newb Question)

    Each number is a distinct generation, so the figures are different. It is possible to use Daz Studio to convert items, though there are compromises (any special bones, for example to help in posing a skirt, will be lost for example). Without spending any more money you have to go stepwise - fit the dress to Genesis, in the AutoFit dialogue say it was amde for Victoria 4, and then use File>Save as>Support Assets>Figure Prop Asset; fit the converted dress to Genesis 2 Female, tell AutoFit it was made for Genesis, File>Save as>Support Assets>Figure prop Asset; fit that converted item to Genesis 3 Female (which is what Victoria 7 is a character for), tell AutoFit it was made for Genessi 2 Female. Alternatively you could use http://www.daz3d.com/wear-them-all-autofitting-clones-and-clothing-smoothers-for-genesis-3-female-s to go directly from the victoria 4 version to Genesis 3 Female, which should give better results.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine July 2016 in New Users
  • Compatibility of Clothes/Accessories and Victorias (Newb Question)

    The answer to this is probably obvious, but....

    I'm shopping for people and props. Let's say I get Victoria 7. Now, I found a gown perfect for the scene, but it was made for Victoria 4. 

    Will that gown work with my new V7?

    Also, will items which state they are Genesis 2 compatible wotrk with Genesis 3 figures?

    Thanks! New at this, my second day of going through totorials and playing with the program. Haven't bought any props yet -- wanted to ask before I started shopping.

    Thanks!

     

     

    By

    franktuttle franktuttle July 2016 in New Users
  • Girls, girls...girls

     

    As for the overall topic, there are two contrasting points.

    One, most of us don't realize the actual numbers, and how poorly male products sell.

    Two, confirmation bias is an incredibly real and well-studied phenomenon, and it's VERY easy to keep feeding a truth to be far bigger than it might have to be.

    It would be interesting to actually see someone do the math on how well male figures like Lee 7 or Kimo 7 actually do,  taking into account that males figures don't typically tend to have several characters coming out each week that require those base figures, which does indeed stack the deck so to speak. 
    How many figures came out this week that require Victoria 7, as opposed to figures that required any of the male figures?  It seems that without a comparison like that to constrast you can't definitively make the claim a lot of people are trying to put forth.
    Just curiousity, but it's never going to happen.  Daz is a great piece of software, and it's PA's are phenonmenal with the quality products they offer, but at  some point if you're an artist who wants to use Daz you must resign yourself to the fact that you will eventually have to take it up a notch and become a creator, since some things have to be done with the idea of profit not being your sole motivation.  We need more of  that mindset that helped to make Blender the software that it has become, but we don't have to put that burden on PA's we simply need to do it if we want it that badly.

     

     

     

    By

    nelsonsmith nelsonsmith July 2016 in The Commons
  • Catchup sale for $4th of July Celebration, PLEASE

    Some questions on the items:

    1. There's a texture pack for some rococo outfits and hair.  I found (and bought) the hair, but I don't see the actual outfits available for purchace anywhere.  Anyone spotted them yet?

    2. There's a pose pack for a nun, that it says works with the peasant dress and the nun veil.  Has anyone seen said nun veil?

    3. Does anyone have renders on how well the LinkGear cape works in Iray?

    4. I'm confused on the difference between the Victian Innocence Bundle and the Base Outfit.  They don't link to each other but seem related.

    5. A lot of Arki's stuff finally came over from RDNA, but some lines still haven't.  When will we see the Katey, Qabbalah, and Lilithai sets coming over?

    By

    thistledownsname thistledownsname July 2016 in The Commons
  • With all the M4/V4 to Genesis 2 Fem/Male, can you recreate M4/V4 with exact shapes?

    The add-ons give the figure the Victoria 4 shape, more or less, but they don't allow you to use V4 morphs. For that you need GenX2 (and the appropriate support packs, if any).

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine July 2016 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Catchup sale for $4th of July Celebration, PLEASE

    HEADS UP: The banner is gone but the July catchup for RDNA items seems to still be in effect. Four dollars each or $3 with purchase of new release. Plus buy 3 and get one of select promo items free.

    Link to sale page: http://www.daz3d.com/07-01-fourth-of-july-celebration?utm_source=bm23&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Image+-+$4th+of+July+Celebration+Weekend+-+New+selection+of+Victoria+4+items+every+day+-+Only+$4+Each.+Also+-+Get+a+free+featured+item+for+Victoria+4&utm_content=Aiko+7&utm_campaign=(07-05-16)++Aiko+7

    Edit to add: Banner ad is back up now

    By

    Charlie Judge Charlie Judge July 2016 in The Commons
  • Aiko 7

    A female character whose bundles doesn't come overloaded with barely there bikini-style skimpwear, has virtually no killer high heels if she trips, and sci-fi attire? DAZ, are you sure you're feeling well? This isn't like you guys at all. (Kidding, I'm super happy for all of the above, haha) Fudge, if I didn't have a convention this weekend, I'd totally splurge on the Pro Bundle for sure. 

    My only gripe is that the Sakura for Aiko 7 character looks like the Generic Victoria McSameFace with the doll eyes/button nose/bloated lips (which I will concede, works far better for a toon character than one that's supposed to be rooted in realism), but mind you, I'm really bad at reading or telling apart faces if they don't have anything distinct about them, lmao. But I don't think she's part of the bundle anyhow, so it's no skin off my back and I have no need to spend money on her.

    On a different note, has anyone tried mixing Aiko 7 with SickleYield's Anime Character Creator yet? Now that we have an anime character, it might be worth seeing how the two mesh.

    By

    Panzer Emerald Panzer Emerald July 2016 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.