-
Flash Sale Alerts II
Did someone up there indicate that Victoria 7 is available for $6 currently? I'm not seeing that.
http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-7
Part of: http://www.daz3d.com/september-1-mega-fast-grab-3864
75% off instead of 65% off (plus PC+ 30% off) with purchase of new PA sale item.Are you saying it should be $6 with discount, because I can't seem to get the price below $7.86 with a new purchase. I even started dumping more new stuff in the cart just to see but the price doesn't change.
Flash Sale Alerts IIDid someone up there indicate that Victoria 7 is available for $6 currently? I'm not seeing that.
http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-7
Part of: http://www.daz3d.com/september-1-mega-fast-grab-3864
75% off instead of 65% off (plus PC+ 30% off) with purchase of new PA sale item.Flash Sale Alerts III am also glad it isn't such a compelling sale... my wallet needed a break. The conversations in the forums had created the impression in my mind that these sales would be as incredible as some of the recent stacking events - but I'm OK with a sale on desert landscapes, sci-fi tanks, and Marvel and DC character knock-off costumes at prices that don't make me feel like I have to jump or I'll regret it, also. :)
Did someone up there indicate that Victoria 7 is available for $6 currently? I'm not seeing that.
Heard a rumor about V8Man, Let them finish releasing the Genesis 3 family before talking about Genesis 4 figures.
I think there are a few more members of the family still in the wings, unless they have replaced them with other names.In my opinion, Daz3D will only release a new base figure line if it is essential to growth. Genesis 2 was released because content developers had issues supporting all shapes on a unimesh (Genesis1), so they split the genders and vendor\content support more than doubled. Genesis 3 was released so that it can be used in other commercial apps and game systems so that it's market does not only appeal to Studio users, thus greater usability. I don't expect a Genesis 4 anytime soon unless it adds a dramatic game changing feature or is essential to market progression, or does something the existing figure line cannot do. V8 can be done on G3:) There is no rule that says every Victoria requires a brand new figure base.
I'd agree with that.
I remember hearing something about Genesis 3 family was brought out as a More Orderly and cleaner mesh, to take advantage of the other business opportunities, like gaming. If you compare the messes of G3F and G2F you can see what I am talking about.
Genisis 3 also has more bones for better posing options, that is good.
So no V8 talk unless it fix on a frame and does 0-60 in 3.5 second or better.
Heard a rumor about V8In my opinion, Daz3D will only release a new base figure line if it is essential to growth. Genesis 2 was released because content developers had issues supporting all shapes on a unimesh (Genesis1), so they split the genders and vendor\content support more than doubled. Genesis 3 was released so that it can be used in other commercial apps and game systems so that it's market does not only appeal to Studio users, thus greater usability. I don't expect a Genesis 4 anytime soon unless it adds a dramatic game changing feature or is essential to market progression, or does something the existing figure line cannot do. V8 can be done on G3:) There is no rule that says every Victoria requires a brand new figure base.
Infinite Insanity - There's ALWAYS Another Sale! (Daily Sale Talk)victoria 7 11 dlls! O_O
I'm wondering if its better to wait for Daz Original stuff to go on sale in October, is that when the DAZ Original stuff is cheapest or is it only PC+ club stuff that is cheaper in October?
Altough ther maybe some DAZ Originals it is mostly PC+ stuff
A rough guideline for the emphasis of sales:
PA Sale - Sept: PA Items
PC Aniversary sale - Oct: PC+ Items
March Madness - March: DO items and some PA
Thanks, that helps a lot and explains why I got such good deals on DO bundles when I first joined!
Infinite Insanity - There's ALWAYS Another Sale! (Daily Sale Talk)The Mega Fastgrab does change every day. From what I've seen, the items from the PAs that are debuting only last one day and the Terradome stuff was just an exception. Now I am kinda regretting not picking up DzFire's vehicles when I had the chance, but, on the other hand, I can eat. So... yay.
Cant follow You: The New stuff of the last to days including DzFires Vehicle is in the "Still New" Section
Regarding the Mega Fastgrab: i did not watch it close enough but at lease some stuff from the first day was available till yesterday. Have to watch more closely..
That's right, but the day DzFire was introduced as a featured vendor, there were a lot of his older figures in the Mega Fastgrab, which is, so far, the only part of the sale that allows you to get older items at a greater than standard Flash Sale discount. Or not so old items, seeing as Victoria 7 is once again heavily discounted... I am starting to feel sorry for the poor gal.
tldr: If one of your favorite artists releases something, check the Mega Fastrab that very same day, don't wait for a better chance the day after. It will be gone.
Infinite Insanity - There's ALWAYS Another Sale! (Daily Sale Talk)victoria 7 11 dlls! O_O
I'm wondering if its better to wait for Daz Original stuff to go on sale in October, is that when the DAZ Original stuff is cheapest or is it only PC+ club stuff that is cheaper in October?
Altough ther maybe some DAZ Originals it is mostly PC+ stuff
A rough guideline for the emphasis of sales:
PA Sale - Sept: PA Items and some DO
PC Aniversary sale - Oct: PC+ Items
March Madness - March: DO items and some PA
Infinite Insanity - There's ALWAYS Another Sale! (Daily Sale Talk)victoria 7 11 dlls! O_O
I'm wondering if its better to wait for Daz Original stuff to go on sale in October, is that when the DAZ Original stuff is cheapest or is it only PC+ club stuff that is cheaper in October?
Flash Sale Alerts IIVictoria 7 is down to 7 dlls! wa chances haves aiko to show up by mega fast grab too in ur experience?
Infinite Insanity - There's ALWAYS Another Sale! (Daily Sale Talk)victoria 7 11 dlls! O_O
How to delete old content from Daz Studio library?HI Vitriks, let me see how to explain. Go to folder location you download content manually, open up folder, observe sub folders, Runtime, Geometries, Libraries, etc.... open one at a time, then go to My library and open same folder, to delete. Let me see if I can give example without confusion.
I save my manual downloads to G: Content > Red Lounge (open), Runtime (open), Geometries (open), props (open), Trustyle. I do the same in G: My library Runtime (open), Geometries (open), props (open), Trustyle (delete). Do same for each folder.
As for 3rd method, not all files will be removed, only content selected in content library. I use 2nd method to completely remove content, task can be repetitive, but sure fire way of completely removing content.
The thing is, I don't know all my content. I don't rememember what stuff is for victoria 4 and what stuff is for Genesis 2/3
Heard a rumor about V8this uopdating buying cycle is actually pretty strange..marketing.
What you do art with today cant be done tomorrow? or you always need new toys? I have seen some great art completed with Victoria the original, V3, etc. why do we keep buying all the new?
cough coughWe're headed closer and closer to photo-realism. Each gen makes strides forward toward that. Look at the rigging of V4 and the weird kinking it does at the joints. Compare the rigging of each gen and the improvements that get made as well as HD bits, subdermal additions, vascularity - each gen gets closer to photo-real. I think that many who create 3D art are after photo-real. It's not just about creating art, for many, but creating totally realistic portrayal of the real world capture in 3D. The next gen will get us closer to that, and I think that's something a lot of people will be interested in.
That's why I'm thinking of waiting until they got the final, non-improvable generation out. We're so close to perfection now that all the intermediate stages can only be minor improvements, getting smaller for each generation.

Hmmmm......that's the perfect way to save a lot of money. In any technology market, what is not possible or impractical due to the current level of technology today,is tomorrows innovation. As long as DAZ 3D continues in this market niche, they will no doubt continue to make improved figures based on technology that was impractical or unavailable a few months/years before. So theoretically, there will never be a non-improvable generation
Heard a rumor about V8V7 has been around for over 2 years hasn't she? Sadly if Genesis 4 Victoria 8 is released I'll have to pass, MortemVetus already has me sold on their Halloween product so they will get my money :)
Heard a rumor about V8That makes sense then to go back to the different figures, I didn't think of it that way.
As for the morph packs, in order to use this character here http://www.daz3d.com/isa-for-rune-7 you need to purchase this base model http://www.daz3d.com/rune-7. I do not understand what makes this addition any different then any of the other muscular morphs? You used to be able to buy something like She Freak and she came with a ton of body/face morph abilities instead of just a shape. Why the addition of so many simple body structures like this? Why not just make a Morph pack with all the morphs and be done with it? It isn't like those details in Rune are much different then Kalea and so on. What makes it worse is that in order to use certain characters in the store those sets are required for it to work properly.
I don't know about Isa, but I bought From Russia for Rune 7 (which I don't own) and it works quite well with Victoria 7. The end results are just slightly different from what I see in the promo images.
For myself, I have reached the level of "Good Enough" with G1 and G2, because they suit my needs very well. I only buy G3 stuff if it's something I can't find with previous generations, like the aforementioned From Russia or Imari. I probably won't buy anything from G4 at all.
And for the people who say things like "Oh, if you don't buy the latest computer/graphics card/figure, you'll be left behind!" it isn't an issue. This isn't a race, and as long as what I have does what I need, I see no reason to buy something newer. V4, G1 and G2 will continue to serve me well.
Now anything that can be used with all generations, such as buildings, shaders, environments and props are a different story. Them, I'll keep buying!
Generation X WoesI don't see why you're getting GenX1 morphs at all. Do you really mean GenX 1? GenX is conversion product. Genesis is the character version before Genesis 2, Generation 4 /Victoria 4 the version before that.
If you have Genesis morphs saved with a fresh Genesis 2, then somewhere along the line you loaded Genesis morphs onto Genesis 2 and saved over the original Genesis 2.
installing clothing in poserI'm trying to install a dress for victoria 4.2 figure. I've created the dress folder and separate runtime folder. When I click to install for the runtime, it says it's already there. So, then I click to install the dress folder and it says the chosen runtime is already added. Dress doesn't install. Help!
Does Konrad work with Mimic (Mac)?So it will work in the Mimic Plug in for Carrara? The .pz2 file works on one model then not Konrad so I feel like I'm missing a step for the Konrad file. I don't do aything with a .dmc as it's the Victoria model that generates the .pz2 file in Mimic, I then just apply it in Daz. Can I send a video? https://www.dropbox.com/s/kuqnw9ea9i9eba1/Vicky_Test.mp4?dl=0
Heard a rumor about V8this uopdating buying cycle is actually pretty strange..marketing.
What you do art with today cant be done tomorrow? or you always need new toys? I have seen some great art completed with Victoria the original, V3, etc. why do we keep buying all the new?
cough coughWe're headed closer and closer to photo-realism. Each gen makes strides forward toward that. Look at the rigging of V4 and the weird kinking it does at the joints. Compare the rigging of each gen and the improvements that get made as well as HD bits, subdermal additions, vascularity - each gen gets closer to photo-real. I think that many who create 3D art are after photo-real. It's not just about creating art, for many, but creating totally realistic portrayal of the real world capture in 3D. The next gen will get us closer to that, and I think that's something a lot of people will be interested in.
That's why I'm thinking of waiting until they got the final, non-improvable generation out. We're so close to perfection now that all the intermediate stages can only be minor improvements, getting smaller for each generation.
Creating Morphs in a posed positionI've been eagerly watching some of PhilW's excellent tutorials, and one of them was about creating morphs for a posed figure. It's an aswesome functionality to have within Carrara, and it works a treat on Victoria 4 - as shown in Learning Carrara 8.5, clip 1510. Thanks for talking us thorugh those steps, Phil!
So I thought, let's try it with Genesis and Genesis 2. Sadly the menus and supposedly the workflow has changed rather dramatically, and I can't seem to make it work. Here's what I've tried:
- Load Victoria 5 or 6, add some clothing, discover ghastly pokethrough
- Select the clothing item's Actor level
- Select Edit Vertex Object (little wrench icon, top left in the Assemble Room)
- Receive message that the topology is protected. Hit OK.
- Now we're in Edit Mode, seeing the unposed garment and a posed figure.
- Under Morph, we can now create a new Morph Area, or select an existing one that matches the vertex group we want to morph.
- In the dropdown underneath, we can create a new Morph Target in our chosen area.
So far so good - but now I'm stuck. I can edit my morph now, but when I go into Animation Mode to see the (supposedly posed) garment, it's only half posed, and I can't seem to select any vertices, no matter if I'm editing the morph or not. Vertcies show red when I'm not editing my morph, or green when I do.
And of course, as soon as I hit validate, Carrara crashes on me - which makes me think that I'm doing something majorly wrong here, or this functionality isn't implemented successfully. Can anyone shed some light on how to create morphs on clothing for posed G1/G2 figures?


SaveSave
(images were removed due to nudity. Please refer to the guidelines on nudity here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3279/acceptable-ways-of-handling-nudity#latest and also remember to set the width of overly large images to no more than 800 px.)










