-
Selbsthilfegruppe DAZ Studio - Beispiele, Fragen, Diskussion und sonstiges Gequatsche
Hallo Leute,
Dem "Little Melody" fehlt der "Schwung nach Innen" an den Haarspitzen. Das lässt sich zwar mittels Morphs auch auf schulterlang drehen, aber nur bei den vorderen seitlichen Strähnen, und die fallen da insgesamt auch weiterhin relativ gerade herab. Für mich sieht das eher nach nach dem Janna Hair for Genesis 2 Female(s) and Victoria 4 aus dem Aiko 6 Pro Bundle aus. Das bietet noch eine ganze Menge mehr an Morph-Optionen wie das "Little Melody". Da beide Frisuren von SWAM sind, kann man da aber nix falsch machen.
Das Janna Hair sieht in der Tat recht interessant aus. Wenn auch ich davon lediglich die Mesh ohne diese zu sehr Toon-mäßig aussehenden Textures brauchen würde. Volle Investition also uninteressant. Habe ja von Slosh den UHS. Aus der Basis habe ich mir dann verfeinerte Textures hergestellt und diverse alte Produkte nach iRay umgestellt.
ZDG random Daz Studio discoveries and questions.Well, I was going to try to work on another cute elf, then this sort of happened.

Not exactly what I first had in mind, lol. I'll try the Efl idea later on.

I am happy with the alt shader settings for FW Sushmita, tho I may look at adjusting some things..
Kit-bashing and other esoteric stuffThe skin/mat is a kit bash too, as it's the product of me mixing the Genesis 3 base skin texture with the Victoria 7 skin texture in Photoshop. Here's my kit bashed character, Athyn:Nice looking character, love the muscle tone. That skin blending is something I haven't thought of, will give that a try.
Here is an example. I have a winter scene I am working on. The figure is G3F, the jacket and boots are for G3F, the pants for V4, the top for Aiko 3, the scarf is for M4, the hair and cap are V4 that I had to remodel a bit
That's some seriously beautiful work!
Thanks, hopefully the full render will turn out ok once i get the environment finished.
I agree with MM, very cool looking outfit and character! :) I hope you show us the render when you're done!
Thanks. It's amazing how hard it is to find coats and jackets, especially ones that fit over breasts.
Here is the latest WIP of the environment, still a ways to go. I tried using geoshells for the snow covered trees, not sure I am happy with the effect though and it increased the file/texture sizes for instancing
Thank you!
Your render is looking great! I really like the snow too. If you are interested in adding snow to clothes and objects, I recommend Let It Snow. I like it. :) It lets you add snow to clothes and objects and lets you add falling slow too.
AIUTO...CHI CONOSCE L’ITALIANO? PARTE UNDICIQuali basi di Genesis 3 stanno regalando?!?
Victoria e Michael per il momento, acquistando una new release, promozione del Cyber Monday e dei mostriciattoli.
http://www.daz3d.com/11-28-cyber-monday-sale-2016#headshop
http://www.daz3d.com/11-29-monstrous-wrap-up
Controlla in fondo alla pagina...
Selbsthilfegruppe DAZ Studio - Beispiele, Fragen, Diskussion und sonstiges GequatscheHi Leute,
ich suche diese Haare und kann sie nicht finden.
http://www.daz3d.com/innocent-witch-for-genesis-3-female-s
Ob sie von DAZ oder woanders her sind, weiß ich leider nicht.
Daaaanke

Tja, es ist immer dasselbe.
Als ich mal ein Produkt einreichen wollte, war ich gezwungen, alle für die Bilder verwendeten Produkte aufzuführen.
Für viele aus der DAZ community scheint das wohl nicht zu gelten. Bei älteren Produkten findet man größtenteils diese Liste noch.
Eigentlich ein Akt der Unhöflichkeit.So aus Verdacht habe ich mal getippt: http://www.daz3d.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=little melody hair
Eine gewisse Ähnlichkeit ist zumindest vorhanden. Vielleicht auch eher eine Toon-Ausführung denn realistisches Haar.Dem "Little Melody" fehlt der "Schwung nach Innen" an den Haarspitzen. Das lässt sich zwar mittels Morphs auch auf schulterlang drehen, aber nur bei den vorderen seitlichen Strähnen, und die fallen da insgesamt auch weiterhin relativ gerade herab. Für mich sieht das eher nach nach dem Janna Hair for Genesis 2 Female(s) and Victoria 4 aus dem Aiko 6 Pro Bundle aus. Das bietet noch eine ganze Menge mehr an Morph-Optionen wie das "Little Melody". Da beide Frisuren von SWAM sind, kann man da aber nix falsch machen.

Ja, der gute, alte DAZ Shop. Wo man noch, ohne ein bestimmtes Teil gekauft haben zu müssen, auf die diversen, mit dem Produkt verbundenen Add-ons hingewiesen wurde, und der auch eine ganze Menge mehr Filter-Optionen anbot, und einen nicht mit lediglich wahllos eingestreuten "You may also be interested in the following product(s)" auf die E... ging. (Wohl unnötig, anzumerken, dass mich da 99,99% nicht die Bohne interessieren.) Durch den seitdem zweimaligen Umbau ist der Shop in dieser Hinsicht weitaus kundenunfreundlicher geworden. Versucht mal, für eine bestimmte Figur eine Kurz- oder auch Langhaar-Frisur ausfindig zu machen. Wo früher mal drei kurze Klicks ausreichten, muss man sich heute durch die oft endlos langen Listen wühlen.

Da kann der dafür Verantwortliche von Glück reden, dass meinereiner nicht der DAZ Big Boss ist. Schon für den Vorschlag allein hätte der sich am nächsten Ersten nach einem neuen Job umschauen dürfen.
Kit-bashing and other esoteric stuffThe skin/mat is a kit bash too, as it's the product of me mixing the Genesis 3 base skin texture with the Victoria 7 skin texture in Photoshop. Here's my kit bashed character, Athyn:Nice looking character, love the muscle tone. That skin blending is something I haven't thought of, will give that a try.
Here is an example. I have a winter scene I am working on. The figure is G3F, the jacket and boots are for G3F, the pants for V4, the top for Aiko 3, the scarf is for M4, the hair and cap are V4 that I had to remodel a bit
That's some seriously beautiful work!
Thanks, hopefully the full render will turn out ok once i get the environment finished.
I agree with MM, very cool looking outfit and character! :) I hope you show us the render when you're done!
Thanks. It's amazing how hard it is to find coats and jackets, especially ones that fit over breasts.
Here is the latest WIP of the environment, still a ways to go. I tried using geoshells for the snow covered trees, not sure I am happy with the effect though and it increased the file/texture sizes for instancing
Kit-bashing and other esoteric stuffOkay, if you want to fit V4 to Genesis 2 Female you should consider getting this product:
I second that! That is a wonderful product and I use it all the time. Once you get the V4 outfits onto G2F you can save it as a "wearable'. And then that wearable can be used anytime on G3F. Or even just load a G2F next to your G3F - once the V4 outfit is on the G2F you can easily add it to G3F via autofit.
I've only been doing 3D art for about 8 months, but from what I've learned so far it seems that "kit bashing" can refer to putting together items or parts of items to create something new - either a new outfit, a new character, a new environment, etc. My first "kit bash" was actually my character Athyn. She is, herself, a kit bash - as she's a G2F character but she uses G3F skin/mats thanks to Cayman Studios' awesome product. The skin/mat is a kit bash too, as it's the product of me mixing the Genesis 3 base skin texture with the Victoria 7 skin texture in Photoshop. Here's my kit bashed character, Athyn:

And this outfit is also an example of a "kit bash" as it's the product of several outfits mixed together:
The sash is from the Fair Corsair outfit for G2F (it's a part of the pants but I've made the rest of the pants invisible). The top is (if I remember correctly) a V4 freebie top from Evilinnocence. The arm and leg warmers are from the Onyx outfit for Genesis 1, as are the necklace and earrings. The boots are from another V4 outfit. The shorts are from the Magus outfit for Genesis 1 that comes with Daz Studio. And the glasses are a freebie that was made for HiveWire 3D's "Dawn" figure. The hair is a freebie hair made for V4. Most of the outfit's elements are then reshaded using JGreenlees' Elegant Fabric shaders.
This environment is a kit bash of three different environments:

One of the best things to have in helping to kit bash outfits and environment is having good shader sets. Some of my favorite shader sets that have been a big help have been JGreenlees' Nature Shaders, her Everyday Fabric Shaders, Wilmap's wonderful free shaders, and AllenArt's awesome free shaders. I highly recommend them. :)Kit bashing can be hugely fun and quite satisfying because it lets you create and render something that is unique. I hardly ever render things straight "out of the box" without doing at least a little kit bashing work to it. It can be quite time consuming to create new outfits, characters, and environments with kit bashing but, to me, it's also a lot of fun! :D
The OMG It is 2017 This thread's end is Nigh Complaint Thread.I found an item in my content called Christmas for Something Wicked. I am trying to figure out which outfit the textures it is for so I can know which gal will be wearing it. I am not finding Christmas for Something Wicked in the store. I guess it was a tempory item.
Something Wicked, new kind of martini?
nope I think something Wicked is for Victoria but not sure which version.
HeadShop OneClick Submitted to DAZ - Best in Class! (Commercial)There is an optional step to load a profile picture if you want to get that precise. Otherwise the heights remain the same, the software just shifts around the X and Y.This just in! apparently you dont even need to crop out faces for the tool to find the face. I was not aware of that..had been cropping all my source images and experimenting with different things.
Excellent! Had not known this. Being able to load a profile image in for the side is useful.
OneClick has its own installer (see movie). No use to try DAZ 3D DIM.Yes, it does work also with Gensis 3 Base (Male and Female). It is optimized for Gen 2, but will work with Gen 3 too. I would recommend to use unmorphed figures, such as Genesis Base instead of morphs like Victoria and Michael.
Does this mean another version will be made in future which is better for Genesis 3?
*CLOSED* RRRR Alternative Holidays Render ContestTag: Totte #3
#205 Airship Cabin (Rendo)
#3770 Morphing Fantasy Dress Exp 2 for Genesis 2 Female(s) (#18353)
#6370 Walden Mill (#23979)
#57 3Raven Court Expansion 1 (#8455)Also Used:
Skies of Radiance
G2F + Olympia Iray + Princess Of Summer + Village Clothes + Edwardian Accessories
Carnevale Entrance Staff ( With edited textures)
G3M + Edgar + Mobster Outfit + Riccardo Hair
G2M + Alfred + Grantham Suit + Reivel Hair
G3M + Opal + Victoria Iven + Edwardian Hair
G2F + Lilith 6 Iray + Edwardian Suit + Julius Hair
G2F + Stephanie 6 Iray + Frivolous 40s + Harlow Hair +Shaders:
Iray Glass
Subsurface Toolbox
UHT2 Hair Saloon
PBS Shaders vol 2Hindenburg Memorial day
On May 6. The people of the town of Manchester in New Jersey flock down at the piers to celebrate the Hindenburg Memorial Day, some even dressed in clothes from yesteryear.
Kit-bashing and other esoteric stuffOkay, if you want to fit V4 to Genesis 2 Female you should consider getting this product:
http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female
It will not only let you autofit V4 clothes directly to G3F, but contains the UV's for V4. This means you will be able to use V4 textures on G2F. (It also comes with a morph shape for the stock V4 character, so you can make G2F's proportions looks more like V4's. It will NOT allow you to transfer any morphs from V4 characters to G2F). There is a separate product that does the same deal for M4 to Genesis 2 Male. You don't have to go through any of this if you want to just use Genesis, but you didn't mention Genesis in your query.
Regarding kitbashing, your understanding is right. You are basically choosing to apply different elements from different clothing/prop sets to your character. You could use, say, the M4 bodysuit as the base, some of JoeQuick's free sci-fi armor over that, and then top it off with some G2 helmet/visor combinations. I would go a step further and customize the existing textures so that the color schemes are pleasing to me and the final result doesn't look slapped-together from spare parts.
For certain things, like helmets, belts, capes, or hair, I would rather load them without my figure selected and then parent them to the appropriate body part of the figure. Sometimes these things distort and look rubbery when autofit. Shoes tend to fit OK if they are flat-soled as a rule but heeled shoes/boots do not. Incidentially, by using parenting you should be able to use any hair product on any figure to an acceptable degree.
Kitbashing could also refer to taking the textures from one character and applying them to a differen character's morph. I do this a lot, taking M4 and V4 textures (usually by MortemVetus or P3Design) and applying them to Genesis 2 characters.
I've fitted M4 outfits to G2Male, saved the outfit as a "wearable" for G2M and then used that outfit on G3Male. About 75% it works very well. Shirt collars tend to deform, and sometimes the crotches of pants do, too. It also depends on the poses you put your character through. Weirdly enough, I've sometimes been happier with the way the M4 clothes fit G2M than on the original M4 figure!
HeadShop OneClick Submitted to DAZ - Best in Class! (Commercial)Installation is pretty straightforward. If any questions, please watch the how-to install video here:
Well, I bought and the DAZ 3D DIM wont download but DAZ 3D is fixing the installer or something.
I saw in your video that I should use Genesis 2 as they work better. I hope you continue to work on and improve the product so that it works with as good with Genesis 3. I understand if there are future generations of Genesis that I must buy the product again but Genesis is the current version of Genesis.
OneClick has its own installer (see movie). No use to try DAZ 3D DIM.
Yes, it does work also with Gensis 3 Base (Male and Female). It is optimized for Gen 2, but will work with Gen 3 too. I would recommend to use unmorphed figures, such as Genesis Base instead of morphs like Victoria and Michael.
OK, thank you.
HeadShop OneClick Submitted to DAZ - Best in Class! (Commercial)Installation is pretty straightforward. If any questions, please watch the how-to install video here:
Well, I bought and the DAZ 3D DIM wont download but DAZ 3D is fixing the installer or something.
I saw in your video that I should use Genesis 2 as they work better. I hope you continue to work on and improve the product so that it works with as good with Genesis 3. I understand if there are future generations of Genesis that I must buy the product again but Genesis is the current version of Genesis.
OneClick has its own installer (see movie). No use to try DAZ 3D DIM.
Yes, it does work also with Gensis 3 Base (Male and Female). It is optimized for Gen 2, but will work with Gen 3 too. I would recommend to use unmorphed figures, such as Genesis Base instead of morphs like Victoria and Michael.
N.G.S. Anagenessis II - Revolution [Commercial]Is victoria 7 a required product? Here's what I'm doing:
- Load Genesis 3 female
- Apply Anagenessis 2 Genesis 3
- Apply Anagenessis 2 Reset Genesis 3
I get an error that assets were missing: "data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/uv sets/daz 3d/victoria 7/victoria 7.dsf"
Thanks!
I am having a missing assets issue, too. Mine was wouldn't tell me what was missing, but I did manage to trace it back to the eyes. The pupil, sclera and iris, specifically were throwing the error. You can check this by saving out a mat file minus those and see if you're still getting the error. Unfortunately, with no way to figure out exactly what was missing, I had no way of going any further with it. If it's the UV for V7, this at least gives me a place to continue looking, so thank you for that. :D
Is N.G.S. Anagenessis 2 the best skin shader you've found no reason to use the other ones?Re: skin builder for G2:
What I do is build a skin, then go into the temp files, copy over the important 3 bits (face/torso/limbs specular) to a folder, check where the images are saved (which have bump/normals), and then just use those.
Or I check where everything is stored and simply use the original diffuse maps and layer them myself.
Also 'only for women' isn't ... meaningful, given you can use Victoria stuff on males anyway.
...you can also save as a materials preset. Did that with my KK albino character and can apply it to any other G2F figure/character (just ran a test with Belle 6, KK is built off a combination of Mei Lin, Steph 6 and Zahara base body shapes with Emmawyn, Mei LIn Sumiko and a bit of Girl 6 base head shapes).
Yeah the load time is a bit longer, but that is little consequence for having the flexibility to create any skin type.
N.G.S. Anagenessis II - Revolution [Commercial]Is victoria 7 a required product? Here's what I'm doing:
- Load Genesis 3 female
- Apply Anagenessis 2 Genesis 3
- Apply Anagenessis 2 Reset Genesis 3
I get an error that assets were missing: "data/daz 3d/genesis 3/female/uv sets/daz 3d/victoria 7/victoria 7.dsf"
Thanks!
No, V7 isn't required. I thought the last update fixed that, but maybe it's still in the pipeline. (Or is that what "Apply Anangenessis 2 Reset Genesis 3" is for?) Anyway, go the the Surfaces>Editor and click on your G3F. In the filter field, type UV and in the resulting isolated parameter, set the UVs back to the base female. That should put the textures where they belong. And you can/should be able to do that with Anagenessis 2 applied. I hope this helps, and I also hope I didn't misunderstand your problem...!
Characters! Your RendersContinuing looking through thread 6, when Iray and Genesis 3 had been released. Page 38-45. Indexed.
3D Universe's Toon Baby New
Bethany 7 New
Bethany 7 (With Summer Materials) New
Dusty for Scott 6 New
FSL Daring for Belle 6 New
FWSA Bonnie HD (V7) New
FWSA Bonnie HD (V7) New
FWSA La Llorona HD (Gen2F) New
FWSA Tomsy (Fiends Forever / G2M) (3) On G2M New
Garen for Scott 6 New
Genesis 2 Legacies for Genesis 3 Female: Classics (Stephanie shown) New
In Bloom for Mei Lin 6 New
Karen 7 New
Kelly for Victoria 7 New (With the 200 Plus Head and Face Morphs)
Kelly for Victoria 7 New (With the 200 Plus Head and Face Morphs)
LYFW Sherri HD (V6) New
Mei Lin 7 New
Mei Lin 7 New
My Man for Michael 6 New
Naturally Real for Victoria 7 New
Ninive 6 New
Sabby-Tiffany (Gen2F) New
Sabby-Tiffany (Gen2F) New
Summer (V7) New
Warmth for Lilith 6 New
Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 7I'm getting bogged down in Thread 6, doing the characters, because I'm reading all the posts lol! Stupid me, I forgot about all the clothing modifiers I have. When I go to render a Genesis 3 gal, I usually surf through the Genesis 3 clothing, when I have the modifier products to do even Victoria 4 clothing on her. Sheesh. Too many products.
Anyway, look at this post because both of the products showcased are on sale. They are:
http://www.daz3d.com/in-bloom-for-mei-lin-6 and http://www.daz3d.com/warmth-for-lilith-6Edit: not sure about these though- it doesn't appear to have anything custom, just dial spun, which you can do yourself. But it will save you time.
ZDG random Daz Studio discoveries and questions.(EDIT, oops, this was supposed to be in the 3DL thread, Douh.)
It's got some humor in it, and it is Before coffee for me. Yes, I decided to purchase FW Sushmita for the figure, and I really am happy with her. I'm just trying to figure out what settings went Arie in some one else's render of her despite not having the AoA lights used. Enjoy.
http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/1824156/#Comment_1824156
Sorry, fell asleep on the keyboard. The last render I was doing I had set the shadow color to 128 gray on all three spot lights, and doubled the output from them. That started to give some results similar to the shadow shading, and I decided this morning to take it to the next level.

Given that result, I decided to go a tad further and try to duplicate the washout on the jewelry stones.
Dawn the radiation goggles and take cover y'all, We're turning up the lights. lol.

First test is with all three spot lights at 100% light output (about on par with a XBO lamp each), shadows set to 128 gray on the "WhiteSun" spot, and shadows off on the KeyLight and Halo lights. I decided to put the color scale cube on the shoulder just so y'all can see just how far over the top this is, lol.

That looks like it is getting close on the jewelry stones, however the Subsurface is tinting the gloss and velvet quite heavy on the red side, so I may need to try removing some maps there. Perhaps by ctrl-click and "Ignore maps" on the load last 3DL thing instead of just double clicking it.

Al right, I'm done fussing with that. Playing with the no-shadow light levels and the render gain, I'm getting closer to the other render. So I'm sure that is it. The Iray shader is all gloss and no velvet overdose, and running the 3DL mat load script with 'Ignore maps' causes other things that was not going on. I want to have some fun with Kimo for a bit, lol.

















