• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Bought Melody 2...now, how do I use it?

    Melody is for Aiko3, not V4 (as Micah is for Hiro).

    True, but Melody 2 is a conforming head for Victoria 4. 

    https://www.daz3d.com/melody-2-0

    -- Walt Sterdan

    By

    wsterdan wsterdan March 2017 in The Commons
  • HELP V4 morph injections won't work!

    ok what is the CreateExPFiles-v4.bat file?????

    the v4 is in its folder in characters are you telling me it makes a difference what part of the characters folder the v4 file is in?

    i have a few times tried reinstalling v4 but that never seems to make a difference

    Did you try the \Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ\CreateExPFiles-v4.bat file? Where is Victoria 4 installed?

    edited to fix quote

    By

    peter10ns peter10ns March 2017 in The Commons
  • Hiro 3 Aiko 3 Couple poses, PLEASE!

    Michael 3 and Victoria 3 would probably be the most compatible. They would probably require some tweaking. Stephanie 3 and David 3 poses might work as well.

    Edit: this is all I could find https://www.daz3d.com/budding-romance-stephanie-3-and-michael-3-couples-poses

    By

    Zylox Zylox March 2017 in Product Suggestions
  • Free Fleeing Pose for V7

    In honor of my newest release Arcana Poses for V7, here is a classic running-away pose for your horror or comedy renders.

    Download here! Enjoy!

    By

    Tako Yakida Tako Yakida March 2017 in Freebies
  • Show Us Your Iray Renders. Part VI

    I haven't posted anything in awhile.  I just finished this one.  The only fairly new thing in the image is the Sci-Fi Bastion set.  Everything is all old stuff, Jorga for V4, Dragonbraid, and the Lilithai Strigoia.  I redid the textures on Prototype.

    By

    Knittingmommy Knittingmommy March 2017 in The Commons
  • Aiko 3 Goth Dolls: Which Character in Promos?

    Thank you, Matty. It's really hard to tell from the Sylfie promos. I'm finding a lot of these older products have little to no information at all and few pictures. Very hard to tell what's in the products. It's been kind of a neat surprise to actually see newer renders of many of them. Some of them are hidden treasures, and I really do with they would get some updated promo pics, even if they are older items.

    One of the good things about the Generation 3 figures (Victoria 3, Michael 3, Aiko e, ect... ) is that they could share character maps so its harder to identify older characters when they are "out of character".  And having updated my own promos in the past, I cannot say they were of any bennefit.  Though I can tell you that Sylfie renders well in Iray out of the box - https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/275881/

    By

    Mattymanx Mattymanx March 2017 in The Commons
  • An old friend revisited

    I've purchased much stuff from DAZ over the years ... and here is one that goes back 16-17 years. That original Millenium Woman --- Victoria 1. 
    Figured I might try to render some of that old dusty stuff. 

    Did you buy her before or after they started calling her Victoria, as I believe she was initially sold as the Millinium Woman, which was changed when folks started calling her "Millie"

    By

    Daywalker Designs Daywalker Designs March 2017 in The Commons
  • HELP V4 morph injections won't work!

    I've also noticed that even if you have the runtime:libraries:!DAZ:Victoria 4 folder in the same runtime as V4 (or M4...) and it's been working, if you MOVE the runtime folder you have to reinitialize.

    By

    Spit Spit March 2017 in The Commons
  • Why won't my clothes load??

    Sorry for maybe a dumb question, but isn't cr2 and pp2 are Poser files?

    Yes, but Victoria 4 is in Poser format.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine March 2017 in New Users
  • Why won't my clothes load??

    I have bought a few bundle packs, along with Victoria 4.2. which is what I am currently using. I am trying to dress my model, but whenever I double click on a piece of clothing all I end up getting is a flicker of my screen and then nothing. I don't know what I am doing wrong, but if is for every piece of the clothing I have. I can't just have her walking around nude. I mean I can, but I would like to put what I paid for to use. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am using DAZ3d Version 4.9.

    By

    ziggster86 ziggster86 March 2017 in New Users
  • Jepe's Body Jewels 3 for Daz Studio (Gen 3 conversion?)

    https://www.daz3d.com/jepe-s-body-jewels-3-for-daz-studio

    Compatible Figures:

     Genesis 2 Female, Genesis 2 Male, Genesis, Victoria 4, Michael 4

    Based on Michael 4's and Victoria 4's UV layout Body Jewels 3 can be used on every existing character for Generation 4, Genesis or Genesis 2 figures.

    What do I need to do to get this to work with Genesis 3 figures?

    Looks incredible.

    By

    Griffin Avid Griffin Avid March 2017 in The Commons
  • HELP V4 morph injections won't work!

    Did you try the \Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ\CreateExPFiles-v4.bat file? Where is Victoria 4 installed?

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine March 2017 in The Commons
  • Am I good at facial expressions?

    I was recently told that I have a knack for facial expressions, so I thought I'd post here and see if anyone else thinks so. Here is Victoria 7, and the expressions are focused determination (I think Wonder Woman was my inspiration here), incredulous laughter, angry cursing, and singing. No post work. 

    By

    Those Things Those Things March 2017 in Art Studio
  • Carrara 8.5 Questions

    Question 2 :) (solved thanks Stezza :) )

    Can I load up a new Uv set for genesis using Carrara or do I need to go to Studio first?

    Daz says 

    Genesis uses multiple UV sets. By default, the base figure is set to Victoria 4's UV Map, but can be changed to the uv map for M4 or K4. So, just get the Texture Template for V4, M4, or K4. These are on the respective products pages for these base figures.

    You can change the uv set in the Surface Tab in the property labeled 'UV Set.'

    Other add-ons for Genesis may also have their own respective UV sets. These should be available on the product page. For example, the texture template for the Anubis add-on is on the product page for Genesis.

    So, there's not a single uv set (Texture Template) for Genesis as it can be changed from the the V4 UV Map to the M4 or K4 map. Additional maps are possible with add-ons.

     

    Question 3: SOLVED: THANKS STEZZA

    If I buy this product https://www.daz3d.com/v4-and-m4-shapes-for-genesis

    Can I use eg M4 morphs I own on Genesis?

    Do I need another product to use K4 morphs in Genesis?

     

     

     

    thanks muchly  again in advance :)

     

    edit: I found this for question 1

    For Genesis and Genesis 2 Female there are UV presets.

    In Carrara, for Genesis: Loading Victoria 5 will change the UV set to V5. Basic Female will load the V4 UV set (Also the default Genesis UV set). Basic Male loads the M4 UV set. Basic Child, loads the K4 UV set. M5 loads the M5 UV set, etc.

    For Genesis 2 Female, Loading the base is the V5 UV set. Loading V6 is the V6 UV set, etc. I am pretty sure that there is a preset that loads the V4 UV set included with Michael Lane's V4 clone.

    Note that any DUF material preset correctly sets the UV set in Carrara as well as the texture map. So for your use that is less of a problem than you believe it to be.

    By

    Headwax Headwax March 2017 in Carrara Discussion
  • An old friend revisited

    I've purchased much stuff from DAZ over the years ... and here is one that goes back 16-17 years. That original Millenium Woman --- Victoria 1. 
    Figured I might try to render some of that old dusty stuff. 

    By

    daveso daveso March 2017 in The Commons
  • Kids 7

    Skyler is also somewhat stylized, as is Rayn, just like the rest of 3D Universe's products, and if there is no interest in toon characters, why is that the main style of characters that PA sells? And yes, Skyler and Rayn are twelve year olds, not younger ones.

    Firstly, I don't recall anyone saying that there is "no interest in toon chatracters"!

    Angel-Wings implied it, though that may be more that since it's not his or her preferred artistic style, such characters are of no use.

    As to why that is the main style of [childlike] characters that PAs sell; that is a good question. [I am assuming you are not comparing toon sales to all other sales.] What do you think the answer is?

     

    I'm honestly not sure; I certainly do not agree that DAZ is ignoring or otherwise being rude by not making a Kids 7. Nor do I think it's a matter of them wanting to create content that has sales levels comperable to Victoria 7/G3F based figures; it's more likely that they do not see the requests for such products as a valid indication of how many copies will sell, especially in the first three days after release.

    By

    Daywalker Designs Daywalker Designs March 2017 in Product Suggestions
  • Memory lapse ... what happened to my M1 ?

    I don't think he exists, in the same way Victoria 4 doesn't exist (just Victoria 4.2).

    Folks did a lineup of all existing Michaels.

    Also wikipedia says Michael 2 is Michael 1, for the most part.

    By

    Toonces Toonces March 2017 in The Commons
  • Memory lapse ... what happened to my M1 ?

    I have Victoria the beginning. I thought I had Michael... was there one? I have 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 of each of them..and some reduced res characters from the early crew. But where is my M1 ??? 
    I contacted DAZ support to see if I could get a copy, and they told me to send in a receipt of puchase, which I thought was a bit petty considering I have been a customer since the very beginning, and why would I have a receipt from 16 years ago anyway?  I have over 3000 items in my product catalog ... one older than dirt character wouldn't be too much to ask for, especially since I know I bought him way back..... 
    Just want to render all of them. 

    By

    daveso daveso March 2017 in The Commons
  • Pre-made characters vs. morphs, which should purchase

    if I'm wanting to create a custom character is it better to buy the premade characters, like victoria7 and then customize them or get the morph dials to change the genesis 3 to fit the need?

    I've purchased some packs and know you can slihglty tweek and add features to victoria 7, like changing skin or body type slighlty if you have other characters purchased. and i've purchased some morphs to tweek the face further, but wondering what i should invest in more.

    Thanks

    By

    elliotdylan elliotdylan March 2017 in Product Suggestions
  • Problem at rendering with Victoria 7

    Maybe the expression is setting the morph - though if so the master slider should appear in Currently Used (unless it's on the head, I suppose, in whichc ase you would need to see it there). Presumably the Victoria 7 shape is also listed as Currently Used? Click the gear icon on its slider, then select Parameter Settings, and look in the Controller tab at the bottom of the dialogue - what is listed?

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine March 2017 in New Users
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.