• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Blender 3.4 Import/Export OBJ settings

    sounds like you just have it at different scale in blender.  In my experience, if you export from daz at 100% and then edit in blender without changing scale, it will go back into Daz at correct scale.

    You pobably just need to rescale your mesh by some order of magnitude before doing morph loader.

    (In the blenders legacy obj importer and exporter, you had to preserve vertex order (that was the crucial thing to remember), but I think you can forget about that in the new versions of blender.)

     

    By

    lilweep lilweep January 2023 in Blender Discussion
  • Blender 3.4 Import/Export OBJ settings

    I have been happily using Blender for years to create morphs for clothing, etc. I have saved a list of settings for both DAZ and Blender Import/Export OBJ files. However, Blender 3.4 seems to have changed all that and now the parameters don't match my saved list. I just tried a new morph on a dress and, although the morph imported back from Blenderusing Morph Loader Pro without error, it did not work. All that happens is that the dress either shrinks or grows in total size as I dial in the morph.

    Please, can someone walk me through the new settings? Or does anyone have a working set of parameters?

    By

    marble marble January 2023 in Blender Discussion
  • Getting Property Name

    Look in the dsf file for the property you are getting this for (you must know the morph name for the property).

    /data/Vendor/Product/Item/Morphs/Vendor/Base/MorphName.dsf  - It may be compressed. You can uncompress with 7-Zip or in DS via Windows -> Panes -> Batch Convert if necessary.

    The JSON path you are looking for is '$.modifier_library[1].channel.name'. I'm sure the vendor did not name assign a unique name to the property and so the name actually is 'value' and what you are retrieving is correct.

    By

    Omniflux Omniflux January 2023 in Daz Script Developer Discussion
  • Muscle morph packs?

    Edited for content by author:  For clarification, we as PAs do use photos for references, but the thing is, people come in all shapes and sizes.  We can't account for everyone, or everything that varies between different people.  Art is ultimately subjective, and for the most part, up to the user to find something useful or attractive.  Abusing the artists for making the art is a VERY quick way of not getting any more art.  Non PAs don't really know what goes on in the creation process, and it is intensive in our brain-sweat.  Something that might look like it takes a few moments to make could take a few months. 

    Though, muscle morph packs would be good.

    By

    Rane Rane January 2023 in The Commons
  • Muscle morph packs?

    I always assumed the models/morphs came down to artistic interpretation and how much time the artist can spend on a project before needing it to produce money or hitting a deadline.  I can't believe many (or any) of these involve slapping some kind of bodysuit that would capture deformation data on a person and having them walk, jog, run, flex, etc to capture morph data.

    Or modeling a human skeleton, adding muscle/fat and somehow modeling how they move then drapping a "skin" over it to get the morphs. Is there even any affordable hobbyist software that can do that?

    By

    RangerRick RangerRick January 2023 in The Commons
  • Error Could not find parent for modifier after using G3F to G8F converter

    Sorry to necro this thread, but I had this problem with some of my own Genesis 9 morphs, and I found a solution that might be useful to the next person.

    In the .dsf morph file (in the data folder, not in the characters folder), line 18 has a reference to the parent.  For the one that wouldn't load the line was

    "parent" : "#Genesis9-1",

    and for one that was loading the line was 

    "parent" : "/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%209/Base/Genesis9.dsf#Genesis9",

    So I replaced the shorter line with the longer one that had the correct pointer, and the morph loaded on the next try. 

     

    By

    Canary3d Canary3d January 2023 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Muscle morph packs?

    RawArt said:

    RenderPretender said:

     

    Thanks... hope so. They really need to get on the stick with some anatomically correct muscularity and vascularity morphs.

    hah...I dont think I have ever seen a morph set where someone didn't complain about anatomical correctness.....no matter how much work someone puts into it, there will always be someone who sees it different 

     Photographic references are an indispensable resource. There is simply no excuse for G9F's noodly arms in their current iteration, especially given the cost of these models and related products.

    By

    RenderPretender RenderPretender January 2023 in The Commons
  • Muscle morph packs?

    RenderPretender said:

     

    Thanks... hope so. They really need to get on the stick with some anatomically correct muscularity and vascularity morphs.

    I dont think I have ever seen a morph set where someone didn't complain about anatomical correctness.....no matter how much work someone puts into it, there will always be someone who sees it different 

    By

    RawArt RawArt January 2023 in The Commons
  • Commission for a simple mask with morph

    Gordig said:

    JoeQuick made a Spiderman suit for M4 that includes a mask you can pull up (shown in the second promo). I've fit it to a G8M and retextured it in an image I can't remotely post on the forums.

    Hello Grodig,

    Thank you for the suggestion! I already saw that suit and downloaded it. But I have no idea how to convert/fit it to G8M and make the morph work. 

     

    And thank you @Llola Lane

    I checked out the suits, too. But they seem to miss the morph I need.

    By

    kuro_neko_4585741 kuro_neko_4585741 January 2023 in Art Studio
  • Commission for a simple mask with morph

    Hello.
    I'm new here and I hope to find someone that can help me.
    I'm looking to hire someone that can make/model a simple mask (for head/face) with a morph to pull it up. It would be for G8M/G8.1M

    Like in the spiderman movie when he's hanging upside down.

    I'd love to hear from someone because I'm quite desperade.

    Thanks!

     

    By

    kuro_neko_4585741 kuro_neko_4585741 January 2023 in Art Studio
  • Postgre, CMS, SSD & Mac

    I'm at my complete wits end, I'm so frustrated. I reinstalled all my content onto a new Mac but now I have the gd'd postgre, cms location issues with trying to transfer everything to an SSD since the space is a joke on this laptop. I'm honestly at a loss, everything I've looked up and tried is a complete failure. Please help me. Let's dumb it down and keep it basic because computer literate I am not. I need basic bish set up instructions. I'll uninstall the whole gd thing and all the content if I have to.

    Please just help me.

    By

    Loser Loser January 2023 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Muscle morph packs?
    Damsel said:

    Every generation before this one had morph packs for individual muscle groups, such as biceps, pectorals, triceps, etc rather than just a general sculpted shape. That way if a character's arm bent, you could have the biceps flex. Usually that product was released fairly soon, but there hasn't been one for G9. Does anyone know if this is in the works? I keep looking for it, and no luck.

    Just keep using whatever works for you, why force yourself to use G9 if it doesn't suit your needs?

    By

    CHWT CHWT January 2023 in The Commons
  • Armpits... Are the pits

    You might also need to adjust joint centres if the location of the arms has changed, but yes a morph or morphs to adjust the arms linked to both your shape and the arm bends are what you probably need.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine January 2023 in The Commons
  • Script for switch from one layout to another and back

    Hi everyone! Is there any chance to switch from one layout to another and back using script?
    Each time I want to transfer my custom toolbar to another PC copying files, I need to do this action to get it updated properly. I found this sample that seemed to be useful, but it didn't give me a hint.

    By

    nartoveugene nartoveugene January 2023 in Daz Script Developer Discussion
  • Cleaning up face transfers

    Even if you get a clean face capture without hair obstructions, the face can still look bad with strong highlights and specular spots.
    I tried to fix this in Photoshop by adding a Brightness/Contrast adjustment layer.  These have a layer mask attached to it, so you can paint on the mask where the strong specular spots are located, then reduce the contrast on only those pixels.
    But, still, I think the best method for fixing bad skin, is to use a creator's skin resource.  Something that you can change the skin tone to match and transfer over good skin.
     

    By

    Seven193 Seven193 January 2023 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Import body morphs from DAZ Studio to Blender

    Padone said:

    The geometry must be the same for morphs to work. You can't morph among different geometries. But you can try shrinkwrap then bake.

    https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/latest/modeling/modifiers/deform/shrinkwrap.html

     I don't think I'm capable of doing such a thing, I don't even know what it means..

    By

    Cornelius Cornelius January 2023 in Blender Discussion
  • Muscle morph packs?

    Every generation before this one had morph packs for individual muscle groups, such as biceps, pectorals, triceps, etc rather than just a general sculpted shape. That way if a character's arm bent, you could have the biceps flex. Usually that product was released fairly soon, but there hasn't been one for G9. Does anyone know if this is in the works? I keep looking for it, and no luck.

    By

    Damsel Damsel January 2023 in The Commons
  • How to create skins and more?

    I like skin builder 8 previous versions are great toofor early generations but 8 has a lot more options including freckles only downside is it's female only but you maybe able to cheat by using a female body then adding a male texture then after adding whatever texture changers you do saving that then reapplying to a male body. Lovechild (from here) is great you can combine two face photos to create a new face. Generated Photos is a great site that has faces created like this. Finally in my arsenal is Face Gen (from here) with this you can create faces imported photos and it creates the head shape too and there are tools in it to add extra morphs  plus it will also create matching textures for the body. Using all of these I've created a lot of original unique characters oh and if you have a bunch of head and body morph packs that'll help too

     

    By

    ANGELREAPER1972 ANGELREAPER1972 January 2023 in The Commons
  • Armpits... Are the pits

    Seriously. Everytime I try and create a morph in either in Blender or R3DS, the armpits end up looking... Well, awful. I've added a couple of pics to my post as examples.

    The shoulders are looking terrible too. 

    I know this has been a problem for many other content creators, but surely there has to be a solution to this by now...?

    By

    N-RArts N-RArts January 2023 in The Commons
  • How do I make custom morphs for higher sub division levels?

    lipluck81 said:

    I can export a model from DAZ to Zbrush using GOZ, but only at the lowest sub division level.

    I have Genesis 8 Female wearing a shirt that's too low poly, so I need to subdivide it, then GOZ it to Zbrush at the higher sub division level to fix a problem with the nipple area.
     

    If this is about giving the shirt more mesh, it doesn't need a morph, it needs to be remade. So remodel the shirt as you please, then bring back into D/S the new .obj for the shirt and run the transfer utility. If you like it, save it. 

    By

    Catherine3678ab Catherine3678ab January 2023 in Daz Studio Discussion
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.