• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Daz Studio 5 development update

    takezo_3001 said:

    TheMysteryIsThePoint said:

    Instead of a bunch of whiz-bang features that are riddled with bugs, it would be much better to have a small, base implementation that works and is well documented. Then dev community around DS is active, passionate, and would do the rest. Look around the SDK forum to see the kind of things people wanted to implement, but quickly gave up. Some couldn't even get the SDK plugin sample working, some got stuck on other very simple things early on, and some had cool things almost working, but got stuck on another important part.

    But right now, it is too difficult to develop addons for DS when you have to research the simplest things and sometimes resort to trial and error and trial and error and trial and error ad infinitum.

    I am more fearful of DS5 than I am excited about it because if Sagan breaks, I don't know if I have the energy nor will to stumble around in the darkness in order to get it to work again, and never be able to be sure if it really is working rock-solid, rather than just working until a certain set of conditions cause it to crash.

    We don't need Daz to implement a bunch of new features. We need them to stabilize and document what we already have. A developers' guide, not a pile of header files and documentation that states no more than the incredibly obvious.

    This is why I despise workarounds as a solution instead of fixing the actual bugs themselves, as those IGNORED bugs end up screwing other components of the program!

    There still exists a persistent bug which doesn't keep the preview render in focus for the scene/char in focus unless the figure is selected.

    So if you have the hair selected, and update the cam's position then the entire scene goes out of focus, then you have to select the char model again in order to fix it! 

    Also frustrating is another persistent bug that exists when you use the scroll wheel to zoom; as it auto-jumps from the char/prop off-centre, both of these bugs were ignored in favour of these infuriating workarounds! It has got to the point that I always bristle whenever I read about another workaround in lieu of an ACTUAL fix! 

    My fear is that they re-use any of DS4+ buggy code for DS5!

    Somethign not doing what you want it to do is not necessarily a bug. From your description DS is doing exactly what you tell it to do.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine September 2022 in The Commons
  • An Attempt of a "Limited Time Freebie" Message Only Email Alert Thread

    BronzeDragon said:

    Thank you Catherine. That link did show up and it did work. But your quoted section only contained "BronzeDragon said:" and nothing else. It would appear that DAZ dose not like Edge.

    No the forum's software does not like Edge. AFAIK works with the actual store software though.

    So everybody, links to YT videos - if links entered in these typing boxes, [with some exceptions notably the older films] the movies will show and play for many to see.

    IF the link is entered, and then copy/pasted into the link popup box, then BronzeDragon and others can see the link and all have to click on such links to watch them on YT.

    So to accomodate both groups, we could type the link twice, putting the popup link fixer only on one of the two.

    By

    Catherine3678ab Catherine3678ab September 2022 in Freebies
  • TMA Andrea for Genesis 8.1 Female no shape slider?

    As I see it, there has to be a slider, because it is a morph.

    I don't have her, but have you tried to search for it, and if still no luck, it might be hidden although that doesn't make sense.

    By

    felis felis September 2022 in The Commons
  • Forum issues?

    takezo_3001 said:

    PerttiA said:

    We have been told, the fix requires change of forum software

    This forum format needs to get updated, so yeah, bring on the new software! 

    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7640226/#Comment_7640226

     

    By

    PerttiA PerttiA September 2022 in The Commons
  • Mechasar's Characters Catalog: Who's next? (commercial)

    Mr Bowen said:

    Yeah...and I have yet to find those textures. I do see them in the installed folder. Just not in Daz.

    i think in this case you would need female genesis 8.1 anotomical elements (usually found in the big expensive character bundles) then once loaded onto the character there would be a surface in the surface tab that you could click on and search for the gens maps you have already found in your library.

    By

    SolitarySandpiper SolitarySandpiper September 2022 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • Forum issues?

    PerttiA said:

    We have been told, the fix requires change of forum software

    This forum format needs to get updated, so yeah, bring on the new software! 

    By

    takezo_3001 takezo_3001 September 2022 in The Commons
  • Daz Studio 5 development update

    TheMysteryIsThePoint said:

    Instead of a bunch of whiz-bang features that are riddled with bugs, it would be much better to have a small, base implementation that works and is well documented. Then dev community around DS is active, passionate, and would do the rest. Look around the SDK forum to see the kind of things people wanted to implement, but quickly gave up. Some couldn't even get the SDK plugin sample working, some got stuck on other very simple things early on, and some had cool things almost working, but got stuck on another important part.

    But right now, it is too difficult to develop addons for DS when you have to research the simplest things and sometimes resort to trial and error and trial and error and trial and error ad infinitum.

    I am more fearful of DS5 than I am excited about it because if Sagan breaks, I don't know if I have the energy nor will to stumble around in the darkness in order to get it to work again, and never be able to be sure if it really is working rock-solid, rather than just working until a certain set of conditions cause it to crash.

    We don't need Daz to implement a bunch of new features. We need them to stabilize and document what we already have. A developers' guide, not a pile of header files and documentation that states no more than the incredibly obvious.

    This is why I despise workarounds as a solution instead of fixing the actual bugs themselves, as those IGNORED bugs end up screwing other components of the program!

    There still exists a persistent bug which doesn't keep the preview render in focus for the scene/char in focus unless the figure is selected.

    So if you have the hair selected, and update the cam's position then the entire scene goes out of focus, then you have to select the char model again in order to fix it! 

    Also frustrating is another persistent bug that exists when you use the scroll wheel to zoom; as it auto-jumps from the char/prop off-centre, both of these bugs were ignored in favour of these infuriating workarounds! It has got to the point that I always bristle whenever I read about another workaround in lieu of an ACTUAL fix! 

    My fear is that they re-use any of DS4+ buggy code for DS5!

    By

    takezo_3001 takezo_3001 September 2022 in The Commons
  • Daz Studio 5 development update

    niallb67 said:

    barbult said:

    Did I miss something? I didn't see any announced intention to improve viewport performance in DS 5. Is it just user wishful thinking?

    Just wishful thinking. If they are going to go through all this work on Daz 5.0, I figured they must be trying to improve the viewport performance a bit. I mean it's one of the most common complaints about studio on this forum. The dev team must be sick of reading about people complaining about it at this point. 

    I think you would benefit from doubling your RAM.

    32GB's is not enough to keep Windows from using virtual memory with heavier scenes. At least I noticed a clear improvement in responsiveness when I went from 32GB's to 64GB's

    By

    PerttiA PerttiA September 2022 in The Commons
  • An Attempt of a "Limited Time Freebie" Message Only Email Alert Thread

    BronzeDragon said:

    What is going on with the forums. Nothing is being quoted. And the last two posts, should have links that are not showing up. Pretty bad for a forum that is supposed to give links to freebies when the links don't show. I seen the same thing in some other groups of forums. Someone MIGHT want to LOOK into it.

    Does this work for you?

    https://youtu.be/vU9gyflAdIQ

    https://youtu.be/ip-PMjsKVX8

     

     

    By

    Catherine3678ab Catherine3678ab September 2022 in Freebies
  • An Attempt of a "Limited Time Freebie" Message Only Email Alert Thread

    BronzeDragon said:

    Yes, I'm logged in. It's not that the links don't work - they don't even show up. Nothing, Blank. Quotes only show somebody said this, then nothing.

    I use Windows 7 Pro SP1 and the Edge browser. This started about three weeks ago. And like not being able to upload anything to any forum, nothing has been done to fix it.

    I suppose that I could try another browser, but that's a royal pain.

    No problem seeing the videos or quoting, on two different systems with two different OS (W10/W7) and two different browsers (Chrome/Yandex). 

    By

    PerttiA PerttiA September 2022 in Freebies
  • Forum Defect

    I get the feeling that the forum software was purchased from a liquidation sale of a liquidator that bought whatever dusty crap was left in the back room of the last Incredible Universe store to close in back 97'... To be fair it probably worked pretty good on whatever Tandy computers it was originally designed for.

    By

    McGyver McGyver September 2022 in The Commons
  • Forum Defect

    There seems to be some sort of defect in the Forums concerning the request to "unhide" specific categories that have been hidden. Every time I select to unhide a category, I get the following message:

    "Something has gone wrong.

    We've run into a problem and are unable to handle this request right now.
    Please check back in a little while."

    Checking back later delivers the same response, over and over.

    MODERATORS: any chance of passing this along to the Forum gurus to get this fixed?

    Thanks

    By

    reelyor reelyor September 2022 in The Commons
  • Opinions sought on where to put a freebie.

    richardandtracy said:

    Thanks all. I'll probably stick with my option 3, the 'vanity' folder, & go very boring.

    The thing is, probably, that asking people here on the forum gives other answers as when asking in the New Users department. I guess (!) most of the people here know how to move assets to the spot most appropriate to them (like, everything building related ends up in my Enviroments/architecture folder). New users often don't now how to manage that and also follow the base folder structures a bit more rigidly.

    For a freebie saving it somewhere connected with the maker's name should be the best option. Unless that name isn't the same name under which it's offered from the internet source. Downloading a product made by "richardandtracy" and then not finding it, because it get's saved in the "ChestnutP" folder might be a bit too much for the average new user (from my personal experience with the less computer affine part of the population). 

    By

    maikdecker maikdecker September 2022 in Freebies
  • An Attempt of a "Limited Time Freebie" Message Only Email Alert Thread

    BronzeDragon said:

    Yes, I'm logged in. It's not that the links don't work - they don't even show up. Nothing, Blank. Quotes only show somebody said this, then nothing.

     

    I use Windows 7 Pro SP1 and the Edge browser. This started about three weeks ago. And like not being able to upload anything to any forum, nothing has been done to fix it.

     

    I suppose that I could try another browser, but that's a royal pain.

     

    Quotes are looking good for me ...

    As for the links: both links are to Youtube - click on the picture and you will be transferred ...

    By

    Kerya Kerya September 2022 in Freebies
  • Returning after 10 year Absence

    Is this your gallery?

    https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/5822184681373696#gallery=newest&page=1

    and this a forum post of yours (MKeyes)?

    https://forum.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/12213/bow-legs-m4-or-genesis-m5

    And your gallery on renderosity?

    https://www.renderosity.com/users/MKeyes/gallery

    By

    mding mding September 2022 in The Commons
  • MimicMolly's Renders & WIPs

    I'm still trying to work on my previous render but I've been busy drawing. Speaking of which, I've managed to cobble up a reference for an illustration I have in mind. It is of a father teaching his young son how to drive while his two daughters are in the back playing with a Nintendo Gameboy because this drawing is meant to be a "period" one set in the 1990s. (One girl is supposed to be holding a flashlight to help her sister play, but the prop didn't render.) I used Mattymanx's Resource Savers Shaders Collection for Iray to color the figures but since I don't want my forum pic getting taken down, I've grayscaled it.


    I've also "pre-ordered" V9 HD (not the bundle, because I don't buy things unseen.) I do love her skins, and that's the main motivation why. I've been wanting a light-skinned vitiligo skin and a freckled skin for a long time. I was originally going to buy that Enchanted Elven Mega Bundle for the two elves but I dislike how Emirys gives all his characters baked-in HD morphs. (In my experience, baked-in HD doesn't mix well with other HD when you're mixing characters. It's the main reason I refrain from buying characters made by PAs who do this.) V9 apparently has this problem, but her skins are useful since the UVs are totally different, so I just won't use her shape. I doubt they'd fix the product description, but V9 is not the first "Core" character with baked-in HD. As far as I know, White Priestess 8.1 has baked-in HD and that was disappointing. (I love her otherwise.) HD also increases memory consumption because of the subdivision levels. But, G9's mouth and eyeballs are separate props, and I can control the subdivision of each...or not load them at all, to save on system resources.

    Anyway, I'm very excited about Genesis 9 because it's "unified" like Genesis 1. It doesn't bother my investment in the G8 figures because I will still use them for drawing references, just like this screenshot I took a few minutes ago. I used Genesis 1 for a drawing reference for a long time until I built up my G8 collection and had more than enough shapes to recreate characters with models that had better bends.

    By

    MimicMolly MimicMolly September 2022 in Art Studio
  • An Attempt of a "Limited Time Freebie" Message Only Email Alert Thread

    Yes, I'm logged in. It's not that the links don't work - they don't even show up. Nothing, Blank. Quotes only show somebody said this, then nothing.

     

    I use Windows 7 Pro SP1 and the Edge browser. This started about three weeks ago. And like not being able to upload anything to any forum, nothing has been done to fix it.

     

    I suppose that I could try another browser, but that's a royal pain.

     

     

     

    By

    BronzeDragon BronzeDragon September 2022 in Freebies
  • An Attempt of a "Limited Time Freebie" Message Only Email Alert Thread

    BronzeDragon said:

    What is going on with the forums. Nothing is being quoted. And the last two posts, should have links that are not showing up. Pretty bad for a forum that is supposed to give links to freebies when the links don't show. I seen the same thing in some other groups of forums. Someone MIGHT want to LOOK into it.

    Quoting works for me. Windows 10, Firefox
    Also both links work. Are you logged in? I guess you must be, or you couldn't post at all.

    By

    barbult barbult September 2022 in Freebies
  • An Attempt of a "Limited Time Freebie" Message Only Email Alert Thread

    What is going on with the forums. Nothing is being quoted. And the last two posts, should have links that are not showing up. Pretty bad for a forum that is supposed to give links to freebies when the links don't show. I seen the same thing in some other groups of forums. Someone MIGHT want to LOOK into it.

    By

    BronzeDragon BronzeDragon September 2022 in Freebies
  • genesis 9/victoria 9 8k maps and lower graphic cards

    Closing this - it was posted in the Daz Studio forum to ask about a technical aspect, more general discussion of Genesis 9 should be in one of the main therads in the Commons.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine September 2022 in Daz Studio Discussion
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.