• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • G8 'plus' size model?

    Yeah, still hoping for Bethany 8 but, as agent unawares points out, there is DE Alice who makes a great starting place.

     The attachment below uses https://www.daz3d.com/benita-for-victoria-8 texture on Alice with some tweaks from the Daz Head ,Body and base G8F morph packs and a touch of Monique 8..

    Another morph set that looks like it could be handy for building more normal average Ntn American/Australasian/Brit Isle characters (and probably much of the rest of the world, don't know, haven't been to the rest of the world) is https://www.daz3d.com/ej-body-shape-and-detail-morphs-for-genesis-8-female-s.

    Edit: I smacked myself for the implication the not being built like Bethany/Alice is abnormal. Apoogies to anyone with a different shape and who cares what others think/say on the subject.

    By

    Pack58 Pack58 January 2018 in The Commons
  • RRRR - What can go wrong? Render Contest

    Tag: Totte#01 

    #1 3584 Maxim HD for Michael 6 (#18623)
    #2 1837 Easy Environments Eternal Sands (#15599)
    #3 3607 Mech Vardon (#19524)
    #4 814 Caribbean Queen Hair (#14035)
    LB #1: 6298 Ultimate Natural for Victoria 6 Body (#19980)
    LB #2: 4395 Pillows (#11484)
    LB #3: 4319 Parkside Tube Station (#13494)

    Also used:
    Grantham Hall suit + Tropical Weight - Wanted Dead or Alive (Derby Hat) + Unshaven2
    V6 + Nox Aetema + Tangerine Hair 
    V7 + Amanda + Nomad + Perfect 10 Poses
    Saba'a Alkair Iray (palm trees)
    dForce on the falling piece
    Ladder from ToolGirl which the falling piece is on.
    UVLayout to UVMap the falling piece


    Shaders Used:
    Human Shaders
    SubSurface Workshop
    UHT2 Ultra Salon
    Daily Cloth Shader

    They only have one job

    The billboard company decided to save money by only use half the amount of recommended glue.

     

    just stumbled on this by pure chance... HILARIOUS! laugh

    @manekiNeko Thanks!  For more fun take a tour and vote in the contest!
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/226796/rrrr-what-can-go-wrong-voting-thread

     

    By

    Totte Totte January 2018 in Art Studio
  • RRRR - What can go wrong? Render Contest

    Tag: Totte#01 

    #1 3584 Maxim HD for Michael 6 (#18623)
    #2 1837 Easy Environments Eternal Sands (#15599)
    #3 3607 Mech Vardon (#19524)
    #4 814 Caribbean Queen Hair (#14035)
    LB #1: 6298 Ultimate Natural for Victoria 6 Body (#19980)
    LB #2: 4395 Pillows (#11484)
    LB #3: 4319 Parkside Tube Station (#13494)

    Also used:
    Grantham Hall suit + Tropical Weight - Wanted Dead or Alive (Derby Hat) + Unshaven2
    V6 + Nox Aetema + Tangerine Hair 
    V7 + Amanda + Nomad + Perfect 10 Poses
    Saba'a Alkair Iray (palm trees)
    dForce on the falling piece
    Ladder from ToolGirl which the falling piece is on.
    UVLayout to UVMap the falling piece


    Shaders Used:
    Human Shaders
    SubSurface Workshop
    UHT2 Ultra Salon
    Daily Cloth Shader

    They only have one job

    The billboard company decided to save money by only use half the amount of recommended glue.

     

    just stumbled on this by pure chance... HILARIOUS! laugh

    By

    manekiNeko manekiNeko January 2018 in Art Studio
  • Skin color

    In iRay, the main way that DAZ Studio folks do that is set the Transluncency Weight to a smaller fraction of 1.0. For Genesis 8 the DAZ Original character products, eg Victoria 8 & Michael 8, have presets to do that. Those presets are called 'Medium Translencency' (sets it at 0.5 most of the time) and 'High Transluncency' (sets it at 0.65) most of the time. If can manually decrease 0.5 Translucency Weight to 0.4, 0,3, all the way down to 0.0 for the translencency color(s) to have lesser to no effect on what the original Diffuse texture & Diffuse Color would give. 

    By

    nonesuch00 nonesuch00 January 2018 in New Users
  • Anyone Know What Hair This is???

    Does anyone know what hair is used in this Saffron promo? I can't seem to find it anywhere in the store.

    https://www.daz3d.com/fwsa-saffron-hd-for-victoria-7

     

    Thanks in advance

    By

    adambatesweston adambatesweston January 2018 in The Commons
  • How to install Victoria 4 and Michael 4 in Poser 11?

    Hello,

    I have read a lot of online instructions on how to download the DSON Importer for Poser and whenever I try to install it, I am told I need to set a correct path. Websites tell me to set "applications then smith micro then poser 11" as the path but I am not given those folder options as I am on a Mac and everything looks different. Has anyone done this on a Mac who can tell me how to first of all install DSON Importer then use it to transfer Victoria 4 and Michael 4 into Poser? I have no animation background so being thrown into these applications is very frustrating. Thank you for your help!

    By

    jmpregent jmpregent January 2018 in Poser Discussion
  • [Released] Now-Crowd Billboards - Modern City Life

    ohw.. she is from PARTY TIME BillBoards.. also from you.

    I have them both :D

    Well thank you even more! smiley

    That lady is still Indigo but with other clothes:

    /fwsa-indigo-hd-for-victoria-7

    /selfie-stick-and-smart-phone

    /date-night-hair-for-genesis-3-females

    /i13-librarian-outfit-for-the-genesis-3-female-s

    /upscale-shopper-outfit-for-genesis-3-female-s

    /red-lilies-outfit-for-genesis-3-female-s

     

    By

    RiverSoft Art RiverSoft Art January 2018 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • [Released] Now-Crowd Billboards - Modern City Life

    It is Great.. but I would like to ask if you can tell which clothing and hair sets are used.. So when you want to have some of these people from the distant crowd to start being part of a story, you can replace such background figure with a Gen3 or Gen 8 and have it start being part of the world you create.

     

    I found Autumnal Woman Walking .. the set had almost the same name in the store

    In this case I would have the texting lady. What is her hair, what is her clothing ?

     

    Thanks

    Thank you!

    The Texting lady, according to my notes (amazingly, I kept notes on this project cheeky), used:

    /fwsa-indigo-hd-for-victoria-7
    /selfie-stick-and-smart-phone
    Hinata Dress
    /adalyn-hair-for-genesis-3-female-s

    It *might* not be exactly Indigo, as I have started adding some of Sickleyield's Faces of XXX series to mix up the faces some and not have them be the same as main characters.

    By

    RiverSoft Art RiverSoft Art January 2018 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • New guy. I have a project and I am looking for efficiency.

    That's really ambitious. Good luck.

    Join PC+Club. A lot of the items you are looking for are available for comparatevely lttle money. Otherwise, you'll blow you budget.

    Look out for Zev0 and Sickleyield's morphs for aging and ethnecies.

    • https://www.daz3d.com/sickleyield
    • https://www.daz3d.com/zev0

    Also, the Head and Body base shape packages for G3 male and female. Of the base characters, I'd recommend Monique 7/Darius 7, and Lee 7/Mei Lin 7.

    You need a few "good skins" for your characters that you can then can trade between the various morph shapes. I recommend George, who's excellent to mix into other characters in small doses for reality. If you need genitalia, you will have to buy at least one Pro bundle for G3 male and female (like, Michael 7 and Victoria 7). Teenagers/children don't have gen materials, by the way. Oh, and watch out when you buy content; while clothes/hair can usually be traded between generations, characters, skins and poses are a bit more complicated.

    • https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-male-head-morphs-22924
    • https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-male-body-morphs
    • https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-female-head-morphs
    • https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-3-female-body-morphs
    • https://www.daz3d.com/george-hd-for-genesis-3-male-s

    As for people of various skin colours, you probably best just browse through the G3 categories instead of searching through the store search:

    • https://www.daz3d.com/people-and-wearables-genesis-3-female
    • https://www.daz3d.com/people-and-wearables-genesis-3-male

     

    For cities, check out Stonemason. There's also a Resort Island set that has a skyscraper inner city, which is pretty neat. But for proper suggestions a bit more information about the style is neccessary.

    You'd also probably want to invest into some pose sets, they usually help as starting points.

    There's tons of more stuff... but the foremost question is, do you want to render in Iray or 3Delight? That's important if you are buying older content, like buildings, that often come with 3Delight materials only.

    I'm doing a webcomic myself (see links below), and setting up a scene, including test renders, takes quite a bit of time. Also, if you render Iray, you need a decent nVidea graphiccard with a minimum of 4GB VRAM to get halfway decent render times. I render at a size of between 2600x2600 to 4000x4000, using a GTX980Ti, and are anywhere between an hour and several hours for the finished render.

    Also, if you haven't, check out the base tut videos: https://www.daz3d.com/help/help-daz-3d-video-tutorials

    By

    BeeMKay BeeMKay January 2018 in New Users
  • New old problem content

    Hi everyone!

    Now I have tried everything but I can't get my contents to work........

    I'm trying to install Victoria 7 and 8 plus several female characters for Genesis 3. I have tried the install manager, I have tried manual install and lots of other ways.

    I've also checked out tutorials on youtube, read threads here etc..

    Please help! What am I doing wrong????

    I am using Daz studio 4.10. I've tried draging the folders into my daz library in the public documents folder. but nothing shows up in the program. And the install manager don't see the files when I put them in the downloads folder eighter..

     

    Any help is much appreciated! <3 <3 <3 

    By

    philipgoldstrand philipgoldstrand January 2018 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Teen Josie 8

    Age of a 3D figure is open to interpretation, both by the artist and the viewer. If you're considering using her as a petite adult for x-rated renders, be aware that someone, somewhere will cry "pedo" because there are some people who have never met an adult female with the body of a 12 year old. As such, they consider these to be mythical creatures, like bigfoot and honest politicians.

    laugh

    Seriously, it's obvious that a pile of pixel can't have an age and the interpretation is more than open for all... but just to have a point of reference I still think the author should write any number about the age of the character.

    I feel stupid also for just talking about this but if someone say "she looks like a child" I dunno what to reply and it's not good.

    Her texture would be based off an adult, so theoretically no problems there. Her body really isn't different from any adult petite body morph in the store. But she's based off a Thorne character (Josie), and Thorne characters tend to look more childlike because they have large eyes, pouty lips, and large heads. So if you wanted to age her while still keeping her face recognizable, first try dialing the head a bit smaller to make it more proportional to a human adult, then scale the eyes down a mite and make the lips a bit thinner.

    She looks passable as an adult to me, though, I don't see a huge difference between her face and say, Brooke or Danny. If you require character morphs like her that are clearly sold as adults I would suggest the P3D and FW catalogs.

    The really hard thing about saying "this character is X age" is there are so many ways to change them. Maybe Josie is sixteen, how old is half Josie, half Victoria?

    By

    agent unawares agent unawares January 2018 in The Commons
  • Alicia's Wonderland

    And I purchased the beautiful Jazmine by Raiya while in fastgrab https://www.daz3d.com/jazmine-hd-for-victoria-7 and made some adjustments to the skin and a some morph tweaking. I think the character is gorgeous! With Pascale hair. https://www.daz3d.com/pascale-hair-for-genesis-3-8-female-s

    Love your work! Very sexy and lots of energy! Looks great!

    By

    magicjava magicjava January 2018 in Art Studio
  • Alicia's Wonderland

    And I purchased the beautiful Jazmine by Raiya while in fastgrab https://www.daz3d.com/jazmine-hd-for-victoria-7 and made some adjustments to the skin and a some morph tweaking. I think the character is gorgeous! With Pascale hair. https://www.daz3d.com/pascale-hair-for-genesis-3-8-female-s

    By

    Wonderland Wonderland January 2018 in Art Studio
  • Which DAZ Genesis 8 M/F characters are the most realistic/beautiful?

    So let's do a little test. And I'm not gonna mention my own characters because I think it's kinda lame, avertising in disguise or something. Do you find any of these realisitic, beautiful, or both?

    https://www.daz3d.com/uchenna-for-genesis-8-female

    https://www.daz3d.com/lainey-for-victoria-8

    https://www.daz3d.com/lydia-hd-for-victoria-7

    To bad you don't talk about your own ... I thought I already pointed out that Lyra HD for Genesis 8 was one of the favorites on DAZ's site that I own.  I also own Lainey for V8 that I bought as a result of a previous recommendation.. I love the morph for it and the skin is right up with the best for realism... My wife even said your character looked "Very realistic" while it was rendering for this test render.   Thanks for making a great looking character and I love how you made the make up a "LIE" option so I could use it on other characters.
    It's possible you may have miscontrued me saying that I have not found "the best of the best" at this site as saying that I don't like any of the characters which is far from the truth...  I happen to already own 26 female Genesis 8 characters... so if I purchase any more.. I'm trying to make certain that they are the 'best of the best' since I have already have plenty of variety.
    As to the other two... they look great although but I probably wouldn't buy them since I have been fooled too many times by great looking promotional renders and I'll wait until I see a couple of recommendations and a render using it...

    By

    SnowPheonix SnowPheonix January 2018 in The Commons
  • Which DAZ Genesis 8 M/F characters are the most realistic/beautiful?

    Thanks guys for taking the time to read my misspelled dribblings!! I LOVE these deep discussions so its good to know that I am not alone!

     

    So let's do a little test. And I'm not gonna mention my own characters because I think it's kinda lame, avertising in disguise or something. Do you find any of these realisitic, beautiful, or both?

    https://www.daz3d.com/uchenna-for-genesis-8-female

    https://www.daz3d.com/lainey-for-victoria-8

    https://www.daz3d.com/lydia-hd-for-victoria-7

    Wonderful examples!

    By

    Rashad Carter Rashad Carter January 2018 in The Commons
  • MimicMolly's Renders & WIPs

    I don't even remember what shapes I used for the female character. When it comes to Genesis 1, I just go for it and make something random on the go. Her skin texture is Monique 8, which has quickly become my favorite Genesis 8 texture. So it makes me happy that I can use it on Genesis 1. X3 Hair is from Cat Character and Hair, and the outfit is Loissandra Fantasy Outfit for Genesis 2 Female(s), which sadly didn't autofit well with this character. (It's why I used the String Bikini for Victoria 6 for the bottoms in the main render.) Her bracers and boots are from Journeyer Scout for Genesis.

     

    By

    MimicMolly MimicMolly January 2018 in Art Studio
  • Which DAZ Genesis 8 M/F characters are the most realistic/beautiful?

    So let's do a little test. And I'm not gonna mention my own characters because I think it's kinda lame, avertising in disguise or something. Do you find any of these realisitic, beautiful, or both?

    https://www.daz3d.com/uchenna-for-genesis-8-female

    https://www.daz3d.com/lainey-for-victoria-8

    https://www.daz3d.com/lydia-hd-for-victoria-7

    By

    bluejaunte bluejaunte January 2018 in The Commons
  • How do i "lock" multiple layer components of the genesis body forms?

    This https://www.daz3d.com/anatomy-4-pro-bundle ? It's not for genesis, and although the skeletons and organs can be AutoFitted to Genesis they will distort. The set does include the Victoria and Michael base figures (and morphs) which are what the skeleton and organs are designed to work with - you can then fit the extras to the figure and when you pose the figure the skeleton/organs will follow. To fit the items, select them and use the Fit to button in the Parameters pane or right-click and select Fit <name> to, then pick the base figure in the dialogue.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine January 2018 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Sakura 8

    I hate to tell you this but that has been the way it is for as long as I have been in this hobby.  There was a reason Victoria had male morphs back in the day. 

    By

    noshobawolf_f994bf986d noshobawolf_f994bf986d January 2018 in The Commons
  • Welcome to Daz, Mousso!

    Nicole

    https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/511466/

    nice and like how the clothing forms around her very natural

    Thank you.  The clothing is Saree for Genesis 8 Female and Victoria 8.  The skirt has some problems with this pose and I had to adjust it, but it mostly does not show in the image. 

    By

    mark128 mark128 January 2018 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.