• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Sakura 8

    Wonderland,  the reason sometimes a head is best is  because the outfit you want to autofit may do funny things in posing.  I have everything I really need to do a miko priestess's outfit if I want to use nothing but Victoria 4.  However anything else and the long flowing sleeves of the kimono has a tendency to weld to the hips and do some very unwanted things in posing :D

    I actually want to put V4's head on G3 or G8 because I like the way expressions look on her much better than any of the Genesises. I can never get the mouth to look the way I want it on any of the Genesises...

    And @divamakeup I am not a diva, I'm just tumbling through the rabbit hole LOL wink

    By

    Wonderland Wonderland January 2018 in The Commons
  • GenX, some figures not transferring

    I finally started using GenX, and have been able to successfully transfer some things with it.  However, some characters when dragged to the GenX pane don't seem to get there.

    For example, I'm trying to transfer Re'Hana by Reciecup.  This figure requries V4 and V4 morphs++.  From the content library I drag "Victoria 4.2.cr2" into the GenX pane, and when prompted make sure the morphs++ option is checked.  Then I drag !re_bodyINJ.pz2 to the GenX pane, but this seems to have no effect.  (although it works fine when I apply it to V4, and the !re_headINJ.pz2 works fine when dragged to the GenX pane.) 

    CORRECTION:  The head isn't transferring correctly either.  some minor bits transferred and it created a parameter, but they don't significantly affect the head shape.

    What am I missing?

    By

    sriesch sriesch January 2018 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • why is the jacket does not fit well to this character v4.2?

    I see from the screenshot that you are trying to fit Hongyu's Cowgirl 3 to Victoria 4. The Cowgirl 3 outfit comes in three versions: one for Victoria 5 (Genesis), one for Genesis 2 Female and a third for Genesis 3 Female. I can't tell which one you have, but for fitting, the first one V5\Genesis would probably hold the most promise for using V4*. There are utilities available in the store to facilitate cross-figure clothing use, but most are for using older clothing on newer figures. (*BTW, there is a version of the cowgirl outfit in the store specifically designed for V4\A4). Having said all of that, the first approach I would recommend trying is to add a smoothing modifier to the jacket and adding V4 as the collision object in the Parameters tab. You may need to tweak the smoothing and\or collision iterations to get the desired results.

    By

    SixDs SixDs January 2018 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • There's no "fit ___ to" option

    To try and clear up some of the confusion, there are a few naming conventions that should be understood.

    1. There is no V.2 figure. There is a V 4.2 figure, however, which is short for Victoria 4.2, which was the last version of that figure released.

    2. The terms Figure and Character are not the same thing. A Figure would be a base figure, such as Victoria 4.2, Genesis, Genesis 2 Female, etc. A Character would be a character morph of a base figure used to create the look of a unique individual, usually referred to as "Character Name for Victoria 4", for example. Mixing up the two terms can cause confusion.

    3. As th3Digit has said, the built-in "fit to" option found in DAZ Studio only works with clothing and other items that are created to follow the rigging of specific figures. Fit to does not work with simple props or dynamic items that do not contain such rigging information..

    4. Any clothing or other item that uses the term "Dynamic" in its description is designed to be draped to fit the target figure (in the case of the Poncho, Victoria 4.2). Draping is done through the use of a special engine or plugin that simulates the effect of gravity on the item. Such capability is builtin to both Poser and DAZ Studio, but using different software. In DAZ Studio it is referred to as dForce as th3Digit has said. You will need to do some reading to learn how to use it.

    5. Most clothing (so far) tends to be designed for a specific figure (i.e. V 4.2) and is Conforming, rather than Dynamic. This, simply put, means that the clothing will automatically conform to the selected figure when loaded into a scene. The Fit-to utility can sometimes be used to fit clothing designed for one figure to another with varying degrees of success.

     

    By

    SixDs SixDs January 2018 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • SereneNight's Sci-fi Fun

    DAZ is losing me with the onslaught and non-stop female releases. I hardly look at them anymore. I know that Victoria 8 will be a biker, a heavy metal rocker, a sci-fi warrior, and Michael will get his 3rd short outfit =-)

    Fortunately there is RENDO. Our own Phoenix1966 has released a nice new guy James  and... I found a Chippendale set for Genesis over there. If it will fit Gen 8, we shall see how it fits Mr. Boyd...

    Today's release here include a pretty decent couples set here... by DA.  They include 10 poses for Genesis 8 female and Genesis 8 Male and look pretty natural without being overly smexy. This means you can easily genderbend them, so they are in my cart, and I will pick them up. That cafe looks nice too- love that stove and looks really good inside. Its a bit outside of my price range for now, but be sure to check it out. I love that you can hide the ceiling and that stove is really nice.

    By

    Serene Night Serene Night January 2018 in Art Studio
  • "Get Them While You Can!" If Not… Well… "There's Always Another Sale™"

    No, I'm a member of that set group - I got the moving green banner... but it never actually WORKED. I mean, At first with Tilly in the cart I was not getting any discount, then with Tilly in the cart or not I was getting 65% of Victoria 8. 
    At no point was the discount working how the banner said it would work. Which may have been a glitch "in my favor". If so, even with the added discount, Victoria 8 wasn't the lowest price I've seen her and I haven't seen her at a price that would make me jump yet, anyhow... so I guess the complaint is moot. 

    Yes, it was broken - I just meant that once fixed the discount without Tilly was how it was meant to work (asI understood it).

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine January 2018 in The Commons
  • "Get Them While You Can!" If Not… Well… "There's Always Another Sale™"

    No, I'm a member of that set group - I got the moving green banner... but it never actually WORKED. I mean, At first with Tilly in the cart I was not getting any discount, then with Tilly in the cart or not I was getting 65% of Victoria 8. 
    At no point was the discount working how the banner said it would work. Which may have been a glitch "in my favor". If so, even with the added discount, Victoria 8 wasn't the lowest price I've seen her and I haven't seen her at a price that would make me jump yet, anyhow... so I guess the complaint is moot. 

    By

    donovancolbert donovancolbert January 2018 in The Commons
  • "Get Them While You Can!" If Not… Well… "There's Always Another Sale™"

    Interestingly, now Victoria 8 is discounted to 65% with or without Tilly in the cart. 
    Was that the fix? frown

    No, there was a discount for people in a set group (I'm not quite sure I followed the rules, so I won't try to summarise0 so it was a planned part of the offer.

    Josh Crockett is a featured artist in Face The Might Of The Horde Sale but most of his products are not getting the featured artists discount. 

    Reported.

    So.... Their "Fix" for not discounting Josh Crockett's store as a Featured Artist is just to remove his store from Featured Artist? lol Even though his Orc HD is one of the main features of that "Horde" sale? 

    Apparently Josh Crocket was meant to be in the list only for one day, sorry.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine January 2018 in The Commons
  • Pretty Base NG8...er, details please.

    She's special because she's Pretty3D's flagship character that goes all the way back to Victoria 3. Realistic she is not, but she definitely is pretty.

    By

    agent unawares agent unawares January 2018 in The Commons
  • There's no "fit ___ to" option

    Reading The Product Info Says: ( You are trying to fit it to a V.2 Figure?  What is a V.2 Figure ? Do you mean Victoria Genesis2?  )

     

    List of compatible figures:
    * Genesis 2 Female
    * Victoria 4
    * Genesis
    * Genesis 3 Female
    * Dawn

    I'm trying to fit V.2 figure, I thought V4 figure is the same as V.2 figure

    By

    khung90s khung90s January 2018 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • There's no "fit ___ to" option

    Reading The Product Info Says: ( You are trying to fit it to a V.2 Figure?  What is a V.2 Figure ? Do you mean Victoria Genesis2?  )

     

    List of compatible figures:
    * Genesis 2 Female
    * Victoria 4
    * Genesis
    * Genesis 3 Female
    * Dawn

    By

    davegv davegv January 2018 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Daz Original 7 and 8 Characters, Age Ranges?

    Rune and Ivan were supposed to be older but only Ivan looks it. Freak is also older. Darius and victoria also look 30ish to me. I tend to prefer characters in the 25 to 35 age rage. I’m not at all interested in teens children or youths so I don’t buy them or render them usually.

    By

    Serene Night Serene Night January 2018 in The Commons
  • Sakura 8

    Diva the reason sometimes a head is best is  because the outfit you want to autofit may do funny things in posing.  I have everything I really need to do a miko priestess's outfit if I want to use nothing but Victoria 4.  However anything else and the long flowing sleeves of the kimono has a tendency to weld to the hips and do some very unwanted things in posing :D

    I'm guessing you're addressing Wonderland, and not me. :) Though Wonderland might be a diva too. lol :P

    I am sorry lol.  Just got back from working out of town.  Braincells aren't firing back on all cylinders yet. 

    By

    noshobawolf_f994bf986d noshobawolf_f994bf986d January 2018 in The Commons
  • Sakura 8

    Diva the reason sometimes a head is best is  because the outfit you want to autofit may do funny things in posing.  I have everything I really need to do a miko priestess's outfit if I want to use nothing but Victoria 4.  However anything else and the long flowing sleeves of the kimono has a tendency to weld to the hips and do some very unwanted things in posing :D

    I'm guessing you're addressing Wonderland, and not me. :) Though Wonderland might be a diva too. lol :P

    By

    3Diva 3Diva January 2018 in The Commons
  • Sakura 8

    Wonderland,  the reason sometimes a head is best is  because the outfit you want to autofit may do funny things in posing.  I have everything I really need to do a miko priestess's outfit if I want to use nothing but Victoria 4.  However anything else and the long flowing sleeves of the kimono has a tendency to weld to the hips and do some very unwanted things in posing :D

    By

    noshobawolf_f994bf986d noshobawolf_f994bf986d January 2018 in The Commons
  • How about some parity?

    Anyway, it's like manufacturing a washer but not a dryer.

     

     

     

    A poor analogy...Most people buying a  modern utility like a washer
    will naturally expect to be able to Dry the clothing with similar convenience
    or the utilitarian value of the automatic washer is somewhat diminished.

    In my opinion Female Characters in the DAZ  content market(of any style)
    obviously have their own intrinsic,stand alone value in the complete
    absence of a similarly styled male counter part.
    ( hence the higher sales and content support)

    I dont recall seeing any posts complaining that "Bethany 7"
    Did  not have male counter part with a BMI that "exceed the Ideal".

    "Big girls" need mates too right ??

    You're kidding right? I never considered Bethany 7 fat but then I'm not into the fashion model world. I consider George fat, but he's not a DO.

    Having a match female & male stylistically - it's a story telling necessity. You can't do a scene that's that believable in modern or historic Beijing with Lee 8 and Bethany 8 as two average residents of Beijing and it not feel somewhat or totally contrived. Beijing is not the Starship Enterprise when someone's wanting to tell a traditional story about Beijing and it's people. You can do a believable average scene with Lee 8 and Bethany 8 in modern Los Angeles though or on the Enterprise. You can't do a believable scene with Lee 8 and Sakura 8 anywhere for that matter.

    The relevant thing is Bethany is a good match stylistically for Michael, Elijah, Lee, Leo, Giovanni, Darius, Lucas, Victoria, Olympia, Monique, Mei Lin but is not a good match for Toon Generations 2, Morpheus, Girl 7, Guy 7, Jax, Ruby, or Amaya.

    You say the washer and dryer analogy isn't relevant but setting aside convenience, how many people go out and buy a stainless steel Maytag washer and then buy a white GE dryer? Most people even pay more to have a matching set stylistically, model wise, and brand wise.

    Anyway, I am glad for the freebie that 3D Outlaw made so I don't have to worry about that. I think it's a missed opportunity for DAZ though although I don't know their sales increases (and clearly all their more recent products are selling more copies of every genre). 

    By

    nonesuch00 nonesuch00 January 2018 in Product Suggestions
  • "Get Them While You Can!" If Not… Well… "There's Always Another Sale™"

    Interestingly, now Victoria 8 is discounted to 65% with or without Tilly in the cart. 
    Was that the fix? frown

    By

    donovancolbert donovancolbert January 2018 in The Commons
  • Cigarettes, Cigarette poses, and Zippo lighters

    Old, but only $1.99 if you're PC+: https://www.daz3d.com/smoking-room-poses

    Some really nice poses for G2F, includes a cigarette prop: https://www.daz3d.com/fatale-noir-poses-for-genesis-2-female-s

    Poses, and another prop, for the "OMG I need a smoke" moment!: https://www.daz3d.com/rough-day-poses-for-victoria-7

    A cigarette holder, to go old school with: https://www.daz3d.com/flora-dora

    Cigarette and ashtray in https://www.daz3d.com/mini-haven

    Another in https://www.daz3d.com/read-em-and-weep-props (but they're both in one prop)

    The text description of https://www.daz3d.com/vintage-piano-room says it has a cigar and ashtray, but it looks like another cigarette and ashtray to me.

    A couple of genesis era actual cigars in https://www.daz3d.com/morphing-tux-props and https://www.daz3d.com/hitman.

    I've not found any cigarette packets in the store, but there's a freebie at http://www.sharecg.com/v/18207/browse/11/Poser/Cigarettes with a morphing cigarette prop to go with it.

    By

    chris-2599934 chris-2599934 January 2018 in Product Suggestions
  • Tilly banner 50% not working for me [SOLVED]

    It is working now: Tilley for $13.27 and Victoria 8 Pro for $47.23 (ie: 50% off + PC member)

    By

    frankrblow frankrblow January 2018 in The Commons
  • Tilly banner 50% not working for me [SOLVED]

    I've got 10% and my banner is green instead of the usual orange, Does that have any significance?

    It says this is because I own Victoria 8 but Tilly needs Victoria 8, so presumably anyone who can use her gets the discount.

    By

    Peter Wade Peter Wade January 2018 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.