-
clothing converter G8 to G3
I take it back. It shows up in the store if I search the right way, it just doesn't seem to show up when I search for RiverSoft Art products.
How can save and sell my morphs?hansolocambo said:
HD morphs based on the subdivided mesh can only be created by Daz PA
Only way around for non PA (Published Artist), is to export the Genesis already subdivided (preferable as subdivision algorithm might sligthly differ from an app to another) or subdivide it in any 3D modeler. One can then sculpt HD details, bake them on the low poly Genesis using UDIM compatible apps such as Substance Painter, to export an height map.
Once loaded in Daz > Surface Tab > Displacement Strength, and once defined a SubD Displacement Level, the height map will push and pull the wireframe, ending up in an effect as precise as a PA SubD. It's the only sad workaround (the vast majority) of normal users have access to.
As long as one shapes the Genesis low poly (in anything, even a horse) then sculpt on a high poly version of that morph, it's possible to generate any precise HD detail on the Genesis or a custom morph of it
Differences and drawbacks :
- Genesis SubD appears in the viewport even in shaded mode. Displacement appears only when rendered.
- Subdivision at the Surface level (SubD Displacement Level) seems to compute slower than Daz's Genesis SubD.
I made for example very detailed braces for Genesis. I sculpted a brace in ZBrush and duplicated it on each tooth. Then I baked that detail on the face UDIM using Substance Painter. Painted all that to make it look nice and exported : albedo (diffuse), metalness, roughness, normal map and height map. With a SubD Displacement of 4, those braces look great of the Genesis teeth. Without having to add geometry and weight it on the Genesis bones.
Only frustration is having to go through baking to get "HD" details. (ಥ﹏ಥ)
How can save and sell my morphs?
Same answer to the umpteenth time this question's asked (please use the search engine a bit) :
https://www.laylo3d.com/creating-characters-and-morphs-for-daz-3d-figures-using-zbrush-goz/
Read/Watch those tutorials, write down a clean step by step workflow in a clean Word document. All you need to know is already on the net. And especially in the 2 links I gave hereabove.
Thank you very much, all this help me alot.
Regards.
How can save and sell my morphs?HD morphs based on the subdivided mesh can only be created by Daz PA
Only way around for non PA (Published Artist), is to export the Genesis already subdivided (preferable as subdivision algorithm might sligthly differ from an app to another) or subdivide it in any 3D modeler. One can then sculpt HD details, bake them on the low poly Genesis using UDIM compatible apps such as Substance Painter, to export an height map.
Once loaded in Daz > Surface Tab > Displacement Strength, and once defined a SubD Displacement Level, the height map will push and pull the wireframe, ending up in an effect as precise as a PA SubD. It's the only sad workaround (the vast majority) of normal users have access to.
As long as one shapes the Genesis low poly (in anything, even a horse) then sculpt on a high poly version of that morph, it's possible to generate any precise HD detail on the Genesis or a custom morph of it
Differences and drawbacks :
- Genesis SubD appears in the viewport even in shaded mode. Displacement appears only when rendered.
- Subdivision at the Surface level (SubD Displacement Level) seems to compute slower than Daz's Genesis SubD.
I made for example very detailed braces for Genesis. I sculpted a brace in ZBrush and duplicated it on each tooth. Then I baked that detail on the face UDIM using Substance Painter. Painted all that to make it look nice and exported : albedo (diffuse), metalness, roughness, normal map and height map. With a SubD Displacement of 4, those braces look great of the Genesis teeth. Without having to add geometry and weight it on the Genesis bones.
Only frustration is having to go through baking to get "HD" details. (ಥ﹏ಥ)
How can save and sell my morphs?
Same answer to the umpteenth time this question's asked (please use the search engine a bit) :
https://www.laylo3d.com/creating-characters-and-morphs-for-daz-3d-figures-using-zbrush-goz/
Read/Watch those tutorials, write down a clean step by step workflow in a clean Word document. All you need to know is already on the net. And especially in the 2 links I gave hereabove.
Freebie Challenge September 2022-"Cars, Cars and more Cars!" - Main Threademanuela1 said:
The last version of Daz Studio 4.20 supports volumetric rendering in Iray.
This means that it is possible to create "soft" figures of different transparency such as clouds or smoke. The vdb files serve this purpose. There are also many vdb files free online. I am not an expert and I have used them in the simplest way, following the tutorials found on the Daz Forum and other websites.
Basically you have to: 1- create a primitive (cube), 2- select the primitive and apply Volumetric Iray shader, found in the menu in shader presets, 3- go to the surface tab and load a vdb files that you downloaded previously and that gives the shape, 4 - modify the parameters, for example increase the density multiplier to make the object visible, 5-Render in Iray.
This is all I know, but in the Daz forum and online there are many tutorials on the subject and interesting effects can be obtained (from someone more experienced on the subject than me).
I hope it is useful. :)
follow some links on how to do it:
https://www.deviantart.com/direworks/journal/Daz-Tutorial-new-Volumetric-Feature-in-DS4-20-907585466
Daz studio forum, section "The Commons"
Thank you very much for that info! Like lukon100 said, never heard of a .vdb file before, but I do know about the volumetric rendering support in DAZ Studio 4.20. Unfortunately I'm still on v4.10... (I already thought it looked too good for a regular 2D texture of a smoke cloud on a plane primitive.)
Mid-way through 2022 a new Sales Thread:Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"Cris Palomino said:
You mean all non-new. There's 18K. I've gone through a bunch and they're 45 or higher.
yeah, sorry that I missed to type that single word when setting up the link to the item list. Mea culpa. Luckilierwise I at least managed to give the richt link, right? So it wasn't totally un-understable what I meant. And it's not all those 18k items, but only (!) about a fraction of the ~4739 DAZ+ items in that list. Have a few examples from the first page, when sorted by release date and restricting the search on DAZ+ items:
https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-black-long-dress-outfit-for-genesis-81-female-bundle usual DAZ+ Price: $ 7.99, 45% off deal price: $ 6.28 (= 20% off), extra 45% off price should be: $ 4.40
https://www.daz3d.com/sci-fi-rusty-railyard usual DAZ+ Price: $ 29.95, 45% off deal: $ 23.53 (which is only 41% off the BASE PRICE of $ 39.95, so not even 45% off the base price) = 20% off the DAZ+ price, extra 45% off should be: $ 16.48
I have to admit, that I am too lazy to make a list with all the items that are not reduced the proper 45% off the DAZ+ price, as it are at least 50+ items with only about 20% off the DAZ+ price.
So these items either do not belong into that list or they should be reduced the appropriate amount or we need how DAZ intended to make that 45% off reduction happen, if they use a different base price maybe... which would be a bit cheesy imho, considering that there are quite a few older items that get the 45% off the DAZ+ price.
Mid-way through 2022 a new Sales Thread:Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"caravelle said:
Jack Tomalin said in another thread that we should take into account that it is weekend, so i guess there is not enough staff to make and implement such decisions. BTW the category sales were very frustrating to me too. But i understand, and hope they will be repeated before the sale is over.
Still, i already got some great deals nevertheless, so i admit i behaved a bit unthankfully and spoiled yesterday - my apologies but unfortunately can't promise it won't happen again...
You are right; I too have snagged some great items.
But something like the price chaos yesterday simply must not happen. If it was the first time discounts didn't work and prices 'magically' increased, I wouldn't say anything. But since things like this happen fairly regularly, especially at the beginning of a sale promotion, I'm starting to get angry.
I have to admit that so far I have been little affected compared to what can be read here on the forum, but this is also annoying.
Totally understand, it was a very frustrating experience to me personally, too, just saying there is most likely nobody there to fix it atm. Maybe DAZ should start events only on workdays...
Great daz+fad today again btw.!
Mid-way through 2022 a new Sales Thread:Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"Jack Tomalin said in another thread that we should take into account that it is weekend, so i guess there is not enough staff to make and implement such decisions. BTW the category sales were very frustrating to me too. But i understand, and hope they will be repeated before the sale is over.
Still, i already got some great deals nevertheless, so i admit i behaved a bit unthankfully and spoiled yesterday - my apologies but unfortunately can't promise it won't happen again...
You are right; I too have snagged some great items.
But something like the price chaos yesterday simply must not happen. If it was the first time discounts didn't work and prices 'magically' increased, I wouldn't say anything. But since things like this happen fairly regularly, especially at the beginning of a sale promotion, I'm starting to get angry.
I have to admit that so far I have been little affected compared to what can be read here on the forum, but this is also annoying.
How to avoid "native cpu code generated in xs" in Iray rendersI have an issue when I render in Nvida Iray. When the "native cpu code generated in Xs" text appears, the render delays for hours and it does just the 2%.
I have a similar problem of this guy in this forum:
https://f95zone.to/threads/solved-daz-rendering-4-iterations-over-and-over-again.95953/
He says he solved it modifying the post-denoiser settings, but he wasn't clear. Could someone explain me how did he solve this issue, please?
What happened to Angel Wings?ColinFrench said:
Thanks, I must have missed her posts. I'll try again.
On the other site, instead of "search marketplace", use the drop-down menu to search for vendor Angel_Wings.
C4D/Arnold Iray Section Plane equivalent?I'm working on a scene in C4D using Arnold, and the camera is currently inside a buidling. I could easily hide the offending object, but I was hoping C4D and/or Arnold have a way to accomplish the same thing as an Iray Section Plane, using a plane to hide everything on the near side of the plane from the camera. Simply raising the camera's near clipping doesn't do the job, because the camera is at an oblique angle to the subjects, so either parts of the building are visible, or other objects in the scene are being sliced open. I don't know if I'm just using the wrong search terms, but all I could find so far is how to PREVENT clipping, or how to use Arnold's clip_geo shader, which doesn't do what I'm after.
Again, I'll probably end up just hiding the building for this shot, but it would be a good thing either to know how to do, or know that it can't be done.
Elgato Stream Deck Plugin for Daz Studio (and SD+) [Alpha-ish]Yup. Here's my take on 'em in a nutshell:
Camera Magic: One save per set of actors/props, regardless of how many poses. I just wish I could run one script to save pose, shape, and visibility all at once without the dialog box.
Turbo Loader: Decent user interface for bulk-disabling morphs by tweaking the file extension. UI allows you to search for morphs by name, etc and disable individual morphs or whole packages. Disabled morphs are not deleted, but the file extension keeps Daz from looking at them. Scripts available to enable needed morphs on load.
Super Save: Scripts for saving incremental files ("scene_001","sceen_002", etc.) as well as saving larger tips (the images that show up when you mouse over) and even notes. Not as useful with Camera Magic, but worth it if you get it on sale.
Mid-way through 2022 a new Sales Thread:Report Issues Here "There's Always Another Sale™"From my observations, the items often don't show the final price (actually never?), if the precondition is to have a certain number of them in the cart.
OOPS/Clarification: i meant the items in the search/general view, while they price will show up correctly in the cart.
Creating a crowdYou'll want to search for "Billboards" in the store. These are effectively your "cardboard cutouts" which you position where needed, ensuring that they face the camera since they are 2D. That means they won't kill your graphics card when rendering the scene. You can obviously make them yourself if you have the time but the store has quite a few for a variety of themes/events/situations.
Camera Pivot Point PeculiaritiesdeepblueXXXX said:
Catherine3678ab said:
Oh dear, the forum glitch struck again, if you would kindly "edit" your post, just put a space in there - so you can "save" it again, the attachments should reappear.
Hello Catherine, now you caught me out... The attachements to my post seemed to be still visible, at least to me. But I did follow your suggestion - edit and save again. But maybe you could explain what the issues was (or point mme to some place I can read up on it.) Best regards, Guido
I guess now I understand --- after the editr/save they were gone and I have re-attached them...
Camera Pivot Point PeculiaritiesCatherine3678ab said:
Oh dear, the forum glitch struck again, if you would kindly "edit" your post, just put a space in there - so you can "save" it again, the attachments should reappear.
Hello Catherine, now you caught me out... The attachements to my post seemed to be still visible, at least to me. But I did follow your suggestion - edit and save again. But maybe you could explain what the issues was (or point mme to some place I can read up on it.) Best regards, Guido
Freebie Challenge September 2022-"Cars, Cars and more Cars!" - Main ThreadThe last version of Daz Studio 4.20 supports volumetric rendering in Iray.
This means that it is possible to create "soft" figures of different transparency such as clouds or smoke. The vdb files serve this purpose. There are also many vdb files free online. I am not an expert and I have used them in the simplest way, following the tutorials found on the Daz Forum and other websites.
Basically you have to: 1- create a primitive (cube), 2- select the primitive and apply Volumetric Iray shader, found in the menu in shader presets, 3- go to the surface tab and load a vdb files that you downloaded previously and that gives the shape, 4 - modify the parameters, for example increase the density multiplier to make the object visible, 5-Render in Iray.
This is all I know, but in the Daz forum and online there are many tutorials on the subject and interesting effects can be obtained (from someone more experienced on the subject than me).
I hope it is useful. :)
follow some links on how to do it:
https://www.deviantart.com/direworks/journal/Daz-Tutorial-new-Volumetric-Feature-in-DS4-20-907585466
Daz studio forum, section "The Commons"
(In-)Consistency of file & folder names & locationsI just went through the folder & files at a mere glance and found the following:
Environment (folder) five different ways of spelling the five that are present in the main DS library (not counting the many that somehow end up in other locations).
Animal files & folders hidden within folders named after the creaters rather than in the Animal folder.
Clothing folders for different generation figures (see animal folders above).
Pose folders, take your best guess as they are everywhere.
Motion files, some under BVH or motion capture or some in the main library others within folders named after creaters or within generation figure folders...
etc etc etc
I know I'll try smart content, no thats a sad joke.
I know I'll search... no that just brings up hundreds of results and sometimes not including what I'm searching for as the darn thing is named something cryptic the creater thought was smart.
DAZ PLEASE
You are always boasting about quality & service, so please get a grip of this, your content structure & (dis)organisation is a mess and is getting worse.
Needed: Tongue ShaderN-RArts said:
sunnyjei said:
Some tongue related freebies popped up at Renderosity: https://www.renderosity.com/search/freestuff?keyword=tongue
also have you checked deviantart?
They're mostly just props, or remeshes. Thanks for the link though :)
I have been through DeviantArt. I thought had I found what I was looking for, but the download only included an eye shader, nail shader, and a teeth shader.That's too bad. I just assumed one or two might have nice textures included. Second Bluejaunte's comment about Imoen having really pretty teeth and mouth textures- so does the PA Soto. Maxx HD/Maia/Dolbs are usually my go tos for pretty realistic looking teeth and mouth materials.
Needed: Tongue Shadersunnyjei said:
Some tongue related freebies popped up at Renderosity: https://www.renderosity.com/search/freestuff?keyword=tongue
also have you checked deviantart?
They're mostly just props, or remeshes. Thanks for the link though :)
I have been through DeviantArt. I thought had I found what I was looking for, but the download only included an eye shader, nail shader, and a teeth shader.Needed: Tongue ShaderSome tongue related freebies popped up at Renderosity: https://www.renderosity.com/search/freestuff?keyword=tongue
also have you checked deviantart?













