-
Altern8! Altern8! Altern8!
Poor Victoria looks like she’s been crying, which is an interesting look.
[Released] Altern8 - Skin Shader System for Genesis 8 [Commercial]Heres my first comparison shots. The first render is the original skin, the second uses Diva's shaders.


I like how the pinkness has been removed from the original. The redness in the nose is whats throwing me off a little bit. It almost looks like she might be coming down with a cold. If I can control that, id like to know how.
HUGE time savings with Diva's shaders. The original took 16 minutes and 24 seconds to render (old card and shiny hair ). The render with Diva's shaders took just under 7 minutes!
Forgot to add, this is the Victoria 8 preset.
Rendered DazStudio Animations in Unity3DThis means when i want use victoria 6 in unity3d then i must purchse her interactive license for $50.- and all is ok ! I have read this value on her page.
Then i can use she as a 3d character legal in unity3d for the creation of an commercial game ?
Rendered DazStudio Animations in Unity3DHello,
when i render animations with dazstudeo oder poser and i use daz3d charachters like victoria 4.2 or genesis 8 and i wan't to use this animations in unity3d as animation textures.
Must i then purchase a commercial license from you ?
Mocap Online - Victoria 8 walking - Anybody has this?Oh ok, so you can't put these animated poses onto the animate2 timeline?
Try it again.
https://www.daz3d.com/walks-animation-collection-victoria-8
[Released] Altern8 - Skin Shader System for Genesis 8 [Commercial]Thanks, @Divamakeup, this does seem interesting. :)
Ok, it looks like the easiest way to use the G2 Cayman Studios' geographs with Atlern8 is to load the G2 character who's skin textures you want to use, apply the Altern8 settings using the "gen" shaders to the character's skin and use the included eye settings to enhance the G2 eyes, then when you have the skin and everything looking the way you like save it as a Material Preset. You can then apply that Material Preset like you normally would apply a texture to the G8 character and geographs.
I hope that helps! :)
Using that method here's Eisa for Victoria 6's textures on Alexandra 8:
Penny 8I did a couple more of Penny 8. I cranked her normal maps up a bit high - so that makes her look a bit older here, imo.


*Skin settings adjusted.*
She strikes me as an older character, than many - 30s ish, and probably touching or around 40 even
Great comparison. I think that it definitely shows these four models are more alike than they are different. I'm assuming that you're using each one's own texture. That said, I do find Penny to be the most attractive of the 4. So, the slight variances do matter. If I were to choose one character for my runtime it would be Penny. However, I'd also pick Victoria for the simple reason that she has the most other characters created from her base.
All in all, I'm still interested in Penny...just not sure it's a must have sort of purchase at the moment. The pro pack is only of interest because of the freebies and specials. But, I'm still not ready to part with my cash...especially if Mei Lin might be right around the corner. Let's just hope Mei Lin doesn't turn out to be V8 with slanted eyes and lighter skin...LOL
Swapping bases (and I do) is rediculously easy.
Some look very close to being the same. But...
If you start comparing real people, with who's skin is the same (same amount of sun tan and/or pigmentation, they have exactly the same hair style and colour, under exactly the same lighting, I think we'd be surprised how many looked remarkably similar.
One of the big differences would be the skin damage, or wear-and-tear; where smoking, age, drinking and their general health would have an affect.
You're making a couple of really good points here:
1. A lot of real world people look mostly the same.
So, why buy so many of these similar base characters? Changing hair style and color along with skintone could be enough to have all the similar but different characters we need.
2. Big differences come from skin damage...etc.
This is something I think many people on the forums have been asking for: more real world looking textures...especially on faces and on bodies where the wear and tear would make that unique look.
I'm not arguing...I'm agreeing with you. :)
I guess I'm saying, I already own Charlotte and Vicky. Does it really add that much to my runtime to also include Stephanie, Penny, and Olympia. In generation 7, I would have said, "yes." I could easily differentiate O7 from V7. I'm just not seeing it in generation 8. Some of the only reason that I buy a similar base character is if I really want one of the spinoff characters. But, that always kind of irks me that I have to own one character derivative of the base G8 in order to have the character that I really want. Personally, I believe that all derivative characters that require an additional base character to work, should be sold as an upgrade...maybe $5. That way, it's actually a bargain to buy the derivatives rather than feeling like you've been tapped twice. I will say that the recent sales of DO addon characters have been a reasonably priced. So, if I happen to like one of them, I might be inclined to go for the package deal.
I buy them because I like to; it's a hobby, so something new is released, and I'm thinking does it offer something I can use. I find that when one starts playing around with the character's textures and settings on both morphs, textures and shaders there is variety previously hidden. plus in the basic form, the head shader also adds options to influence custom morphs in subtle to more blatant ways.
Does it really add that much to my runtime to also include Stephanie, Penny, and Olympia
Always a tough question, and it is down to us as individuals to decide that.
I wasn't expecting to buy Penny, but I like the fact she is a little older, and potentionally quite a bit from Divamakup's post.
Slow Dancing AniBlocks Animations for V4/M4 and Genesis 3?Are there any slow dancing AniBlocks animations for Victoria 4/Michael 4/Genesis 3 figures?
Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 10P3D Patricia (Victoria 7) Lady Darkness Hair Keres Outfit (Gen3F) Sexy Skinz- Lace Bodysuits (Gen3F) Sparkles for Studio
Wanted to show Lady Darkness Hair (not Iray) with Iray Uber Shader then Slosh's UHT shader, and also increasing the Opacity due to thin transparency for the ponytail. If your hair is too thin, undo the limits in Surface pane and increase the Opacity.
If you like the Keres Outfit but not the skimpy, this shows the Lace Bodysuit underneath. Also used the Sexy Skinz Gloves.
For the headband of the hair, I used the Sparkes for Studio shaders, and also for the ankle pieces and the pointy horn looking things on the outfit.
I think all the combinations work real well. She can be quite a defender.
Mocap Online - Victoria 8 walking - Anybody has this?Hi guys,
I wrote on here over a week ago and didn't get a response. So here it is again.
I bought an animation product called
Walks Animation collection for Victoria 8 by Mocap Online
https://www.daz3d.com/walks-animation-collection-victoria-8
But I have no idea how to this properly. It doesn't seem to be inserted onto the animate2 timeline as aniblocks.
Is it supposed to be like this? I have no how this works.
Thanks
Winton
Penny 8The more I see of Penny the more I think she is a better Victoria 8 than Victoria 8 is. Guess I have to wish list her.
Totally agree...wish she had been first out.
Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 10P3D Patricia (Victoria 7) Lady Darkness Hair Keres Outfit (Gen3F) Sexy Skinz- Lace Bodysuits (Gen3F) Sparkles for Studio
Wanted to show Lady Darkness Hair (not Iray) with Iray Uber Shader then Slosh's UHT shader, and also increasing the Opacity due to thin transparency for the ponytail. If your hair is too thin, undo the limits in Surface pane and increase the Opacity.
If you like the Keres Outfit but not the skimpy, this shows the Lace Bodysuit underneath. Also used the Sexy Skinz Gloves.
For the headband of the hair, I used the Sparkes for Studio shaders, and also for the ankle pieces and the pointy horn looking things on the outfit.
Penny 8The more I see of Penny the more I think she is a better Victoria 8 than Victoria 8 is. Guess I have to wish list her.
It's funny you said that, because I keep wanting to call her Victoria too. lol I think she would have made a lovely Victoria 8! Not that I don't like V8, I just think Penny (to me) looks a bit more like a Victoria. :)
RiverSoft Art First Anniversary Contest SUBMISSION THREADHoping the internet will last long enough for me to upload my entry...
Don’t Look Right…
They crouched warily in the bushes, hardly daring to breathe, as the guard strode past. A single glance in their direction, and it would all be over…

RiverSoft products used: Pose Blender and Eye Clock
This contest inspired me to see how far I could push my limited selection of poses for Genesis 8 Females using the Pose Blender. Both female characters in the scene are Gen8 (Izanami and P3D Mylou), and the only poses I have for them are the default poses that come with Daz, Dreamy Honeymoon Poses for Genesis 8 Male and Female, Looking At… Poses for Genesis 8 Female, Tree and Swing Scene for Genesis 8, and Z Deadly Weapon – Guns and Poses for Genesis 8 Female and Victoria 8.
Pose Blender to the rescue! I used the partial pose blender almost exclusively, and I kept blending in pose after pose until I was able to construct the pose I wanted. In the end, the only manual tweaking I had to do involved posing Izanami’s fingers around the tree. (I also did the characters’ expressions manually, but I don’t really think of that as posing). Using Pose Blender also gave a wonderful sense of dynamism to the girls’ poses. Blended poses are much less “perfect” than poses that are from a pack or are constructed manually. So the poses that I ended up with have this wonderful sense of arrested motion that’s absolutely perfect. There’s no question that the poses make the picture. They’re what gives the picture a sense of drama and of tension; without them, the figures would look like the posed mannequins they are.
I think of Eye Clock as my secret weapon; unless the render is a close-up of the face, you can’t really tell that it’s been used - but using it takes the render to an entirely different level. Before I used it, the girls’ eyes were kind of vacant; afterward, they have a focus that matches the dynamism of the poses.
Not a PA.
Edited to add paragraph breaks.
Show Us Your Iray Renders. Part VII was comparing some settings with my take on SSS which considers translucency, scattering and absorption, so I like how the image came out. Without absorption SSS ocurrs uncontrollably.
Victoria 8
April 2018 - Daz 3D New User Challenge - Open Render Challenge<snip>
Have a test render with the background, but still have a lot of work to do in Daz Studio and GIMP. especially tweeks to lighting, backdrop and atmosphere effects. As always, suggestions very welcome.
I like the vignette effect. Nice splash of color as dragon inhales for a fireball? Might not get the chance if unicorn gores him in the paw. ; )
Nice subtle lighting from multiple directions. Not sure I *can* find anything to suggest or critique. Great use of set design, posing, color, and lighting!
For myself, I still struggle with my work. Not sure if I should fill the scene even more, or clear her, to set the focus on the Amazone. The lights are also make problems. If I lower them, to avoide the bright areas on her skin, I lost many highlights in her hair. So I still search a good setting.Grr... and I see, there is a missing shader on the baremaids dress.

Heh. Missing shader. "Oh just make it brown and skip the bump map!"
Oh a more serious note though, I like parts of both for what it's worth.
Hand in the foreground might take away from the viewer almost flinching as that fist comes right at him! Hide it and see if looks better?
Like the tubby guy cheering them on. A tavern would be a busy place, and they'd probably be taking bets.
So here's an idea-- might be hard to do-- don't know. Shift guy in dark armor or hide him-- see how it looks if give woman more space around her. Then pose one arm up like she's cheering them on, and the hand over her mouth...
Might be tricky, but pose her hand like she has her thumb and pinky whistling and cat-calling at them.
"C'Mon! Fight back ya pansy! Got ten crowns on ya!"
Just some thoughts. Great Medieval / fantasy & barroom brawl scene. : )
A recast of the scene helps. My lights still more work, needs atmosphere. Thanks for all of the help. I see some amazing art and ideas here.

Something tells me if she's a thief, she's not going to be very successful... ; )
Only suggestion I might make is his right arm? For me at least, kind of confusing what it is-- looks like part of the painting or something. Have to do a double take. If you moved arm down by his side, that would eliminate any confusion, and also open up space between her face/arm and his face. Just a thought. Otherwise, that was a quick rework! Versitile of you.
Dang it, I'd made a few changes to my second idea and ran it overnight, but having just gotten up, what do I do? Forget to save the render so I could post it. Luckly I saved the changes so all I have to do is load the file after I get home from my friend's place tonight and rneder again. Oh well.
Excrement happens... Least you saved. Looking forward to seeing what it looks like.
Here is a quick update. I did some corrections and set to render before attending a baseball game. Will have to put off going back through the thread. Apologize for not being up to date. Will go back through tomorrow.
Metropol-Oz 2 with an extra light ring, revised shaders for the chair and for Tin Man's skin, and adjusted the poses for a couple of wires.

Like reflection on front of chair. I've learned quite a bit just from following you make your own set and props.
Saturation setting in "tone mapping" or post edit?
Anyway, fun piece! Would never have thought of something like that!

This will do it for park scene.
Unless anyone spots mistakes or room for improvement...
Change log:
Moved building in background: was giving weird highlight of door behind novice monk
Add small spot to lighten alcove/entryway just a tad & add dash of color
Fix Kallisto's hair so can see more of her profile
Found a free butterfly prop...A Day at the Park
DS 4.10 | Adobe Image Ready - optimize for web
Major Products:
Medieval Hall & Garden
Victoria 8
Garrett for M8
Ivan 7
Michael 7
Kallisto G3/G8
G3M
Old Chap
Millennium Dog
Songbird Remix
Natures Wonders - Frogs | Frogs of World vol.1 mats
Butterfly - free, courtesy of AoA
Koi - free (via shareCG) courtesy of Toru Miyazawa | Koi mats by Carrie Talbert
Nature Pack V.1
Liquids (via ShareCG) courtesy of 'SpaceBones"
Best current Asian G8 FemaleLooking for recommendation of what you think the best current G8 Asain morphs and skins are (they can be separate).
My dial spun character. :)
Sorry, I couldn't resist. lol Her base morph is Rarestone's Minami - but she's been heavily modified with Rarestone's Face Morphs, a few of Thorne's morphs, and some morphs of my own. Her brows are fibermesh and her skin textures are Victoria 7's (with minor modification to remove the brows) with Altern8 settings applied.
While she's been heavily modified, I think that Minami is an EXCELLENT base character for creating East Asain characters. :)
she looks great
Thank you! :D She's been a "work in progress" in my attempt at getting as close to realism as I can get. I think we probably still have quite a ways to go before we get real realism, but it's fun to see how far we can push it and what we can try to make the figures look a bit more realistic. :)
Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 10I did cave in and buy those ParrotDolphin shader presets though (I find shader sets so hard to pass by). So here are a few renders I did this afternoon.
First up is Ollie trying to decide which club to hit tonight. He's wearing the House Brownie outfit and Georgie Hair. I used some of the full presets in the Pd Two Tone Shader Preset set for his clothing and DIY two-tones on his hair (as suggested in the User Guide that comes with it).
Second is Young Minto in School Sports clothing retextured with the PD Two-Tones.
Third is LY Sorrell with Wild Wind Hair and dForce Eastern Nuance retextured with PD Two-Tones done DIY again.
Finally Anna and Awan with in Ochre City (with Iray AddOn) - she's wearing the dress and sandals of the Egyptian Mega Bundle and he's wearing the Ice Bandit outfit with Arabian Prince slippers, all retextured with PD Two-Tones.
All very nice! I especially like the Ollie and the Sports Suit ones.
Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 10I did cave in and buy those ParrotDolphin shader presets though (I find shader sets so hard to pass by). So here are a few renders I did this afternoon.
First up is Ollie trying to decide which club to hit tonight. He's wearing the House Brownie outfit and Georgie Hair. I used some of the full presets in the Pd Two Tone Shader Preset set for his clothing and DIY two-tones on his hair (as suggested in the User Guide that comes with it).
Second is Young Minto in School Sports clothing retextured with the PD Two-Tones.
Third is LY Sorrell with Wild Wind Hair and dForce Eastern Nuance retextured with PD Two-Tones done DIY again.
Finally Anna and Awan with in Ochre City (with Iray AddOn) - she's wearing the dress and sandals of the Egyptian Mega Bundle and he's wearing the Ice Bandit outfit with Arabian Prince slippers, all retextured with PD Two-Tones.
i dont understand why character7 for character8 products.I thought they were useless too, UNTIL I discovered that a G3F character I'd been working on (and had developed great affection for) quite some time had an issue with her teeth: Nasty Girl Mouth (for lack of a better term). Although I had every tooth morph available, I could not get her look appropriate or consistent from other angles. And I was using so many morph sliders that it was a daunting task to eliminate each one to discover the culprit. Add to that, it could have been the result of the interaction of two morphs; (later, I found that this had to be the case, because I relented and eliminated each morph one at a time).
So, I decided that I would re-pose her teeth for each image whenever her mouth was open. I tried, and this was unsatisfactory. I begrudgingly came to the conclusion that I would have to engineer a new character. So, I thought, I might as well switch to G8F and get advantage of all the new HD expression tech. I would have liked to come as close as possible to my G3F character, but I did not hold out much hope. After three tries at getting my girl (and ending up with decent extras or supporting characters), I resolved to wait a bit. That was last night.
Lo and behold, Victoria 7 (from whom I used both head and body) and Olympia 7 (from whom I used body) are NOW available for G8F! Of course, I morphed them so heavily that they were unrecognizable as such, but at least I have my decent starting point. I can't tell you how many times products have been released the day after I realized I had a need for them.
Daz Core characters generally have more highly detailed head morphs than PA products. Details translate as authenticity. But the personality exuded by the G8F group (with the exceptions of Charlotte and Monique) at this time is unsuitable for most of my usages for MAIN characters. The sameness of Victoria 8, Olympia 8, Stephanie 8, Alexandra 8, & Penny 8 leaves me with variations on a theme (a theme which I would only use ONCE in a cast) rather than distinct TYPES with which to populate my tales. Bless Singular Blues' heart (and Sickleyield) for his morph conversion solution, but I have so much content for it to sift through that it was not feasible for me, and there were some scary anomalies that occurred. It just wasn't worth the risk to me. Hopefully, he is preparing a version for market.
My circumstances may be unique, but I'm really glad that Gravity Studios gave their bottom line a boost with this otherwise useless (to me) product line. Hopefully, the females sell well enough that a few males jump their generation.

















