-
Weird search results - please donate
eric susch said:
If I go to this page:
https://www.daz3d.com/uss-horizon-genesis-8-poses
Which are poses for an interior set which is not listed in required products. If I search for USS Horizon from that page, It says three results in the top left but I get only one showing:
https://www.daz3d.com/uss-horizon
However, if I open a new tab and go to the top store page and search for USS Horizon I get all three results:
https://www.daz3d.com/uss-horizon
https://www.daz3d.com/uss-horizon-interior
https://www.daz3d.com/uss-horizon-genesis-8-poses
I'm on: Firefox 106.0.5 (64 bit) with the DAZ-Deals plugin 3.1.1 - Win 10 Pro
Although it makes no sense at all (and needs to be fixed), this appears to have something to do with maturity filter. If you go to the product page and do your search, you are right, only one of the results shows. BUT, if you uncheck and then re-check the meturity filter they show up.
Weird search results - please donate
Although I have a thread here working on search, we are also working on an entirely new category structure and have reviewed all products to hopefully have them much better categorized. Look for this to roll out in December.Kerya said:
It's not a search result, but the categorizing:
https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-people
gives me
https://www.daz3d.com/vyk-lighter-than-air-dress-for-genesis-9
https://www.daz3d.com/mso-peppa-hd-for-genesis-9
https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-cb-saffron-dress-set-for-genesis-9
https://www.daz3d.com/primitive-fantasy-warrior-outfit-for-genesis-9
https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-fair-maiden-outfit-for-genesis-8-and-81-females
https://www.daz3d.com/kuj-dforce-medieval-dress-for-genesis-9
https://www.daz3d.com/medieval-style-dforce-outfit-for-genesis-9
https://www.daz3d.com/cb-arceli-hd-for-genesis-9
https://www.daz3d.com/vyk-sydney-for-genesis-9
https://www.daz3d.com/victoria-9-hd-makeup
https://www.daz3d.com/10-in-1-casual-wardrobe-for-genesis-9
https://www.daz3d.com/texture-expansion-for-10-in-1-casual-wardrobe-for-genesis-9
https://www.daz3d.com/summer-bikini-for-genesis-9
https://www.daz3d.com/summertide-swimwear-outfit-for-genesis-9
Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on III am trying to figure out how to find in the store what Bryce content I have. The show only what I own filter isn't showing on the search page. I thought that got fixed.
Oh I have a suggestion if it is possible. Is there a way in the product library to either show the products that can't be downloaded with DIM or Connect?
Looking for a variety of specific prop itemsSearch "Ken Gilliland" over at Renderosity
Waht is Daz Studio 4.x Pro@newaltml, don't rush, take it easy.
Download the Daz Install Manager (DIM) pick the version that is suited for your computer CPU Intel/AMD 32 or 64-bit (most computers support 64-bit, Windows 10 or 11, not sure about win 7 or 8) or Apple Mac (I believe its 64-bit)
When you log in into you Daz, click the top right green icon, this can take you to My Account, click Product Library, then search for Install Manager.
Do not use any other methods as this will cause you problems.
I have installed and re-installed the program several times, for the other content you may have gathered elsewhere, this content has to be stored into an external hard disk and copied into a folder of your choice in your computer (My Files, per example)
Don't worry about anything else, DIM will do the initial install, then you need to run it again to continue installing the rest.
If in doubt, post your question, someone will try to help you.
Good Luck!
Setting up SDK in Visual StudioGood Morning. I've been going through the forum for a few hours now trying to get a handle on how to set up Visual Studio (any version) to work on plug-ins. It has been a very ... frustrating ... few hours. There are is an open source plug-in that I'd like to see about tweaking to serve my purpose. Everything I've seen (I'll list some below) tell me to download the samples (done) and open the .sln file (no longer there. There's a Makefile instead). Others say read the docs, got those and read through them. Decent info and layout, but nothing I can find says anything about setting up the IDE.
I tried grabbing the code from github for the plug-in I want to work on, but of course there are a mess of errors. I made sure I have the SDK downloaded. I made sure I have the C++ libraries for Visual Studio installed. I installed Visual Studio 2017. I'm running out of ideas and a search of Daz Forums, Google, and YouTube are turning up nothing.
I'm not a professional programmer. I'm also not a professional artist. I'm an amateur at both with a background in C/Pascal and C#, though I haven't used the first two in decades.
So my question is: Is there anything out there that will tell a person, not how to write a plug-in or code in C++, but just how to set up the IDE with the libraries where they need to be to even open and compile an existing plug-in? If there's not ... if this is something people have to struggle thorugh .. let me know that and I'll abandon any plans and stick with scripting.
Thank you in advance for any info.
Here are some of the threads I've checked so far:
https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/78686/how-to-open-sdk-file
https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/362081/how-do-i-start
https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/4236/ds4-5-plugin-sdk-getting-started
https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/52836/afirstplugin-example-problem#latest
https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/272706/just-getting-into-the-sdk-confused-already#latest
https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/61259/tutorial-creating-a-first-plugin-daz3d
https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/66076/best-method-for-making-plugins
https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/421006/where-to-begin
An OT thread for images...McGyver said:
Time to start another... oh, never mind... Nobody reads this.
I just did and Youtube videos I just copy the share link and click source on the forum snd paste it and it embeds
Genesis 8 or 8.1 shapes on genesis 9?The easiest way to use genesis 9 clothing on a genesis 8 character I have tried is a tip I read here on the forum. Just place the head of cyour chartcher in geneis 9.
Here is a attempt to add Sakura 8 on to a Genesis 9 body, and it worked great. The head moves with the gen 9 poses too, the only thing to keep in mind is that there may become a neck gap if you move the head to much indepenently, but then you can just lower the head down a bit.
Then you can use all the head textures and morphs from gen 8 on a gen 9. Then you can just copy the body morphs to gen 9 from 8 (through daz3d) and it will look the same. Matching the skin goes quickly too if you use a shader or do a quick edit in a program like photoshop. Thought it was good to spread if somone sells a really cool clothing item you woul like on your gen 8 chartcher.Dartanbeck's Journey - CG FilmmakingCollecting and Resourcing
Like any filmmaking project, the Producer has to collect assets needed to complete every shot.
I became a Platinum Club member almost as soon as I became a Daz 3d member. I knew that I would be needing all manner of items that weren't even on my lists of current needs - these things just pop up.This is not a big deal if you have a decent budget - just hop into your account when you need something and grab it. The store is so full now compared to how it was when I first started perusing its halls. But I often don't have much (if any) funding available to just grab stuff, so I needed to start building up a library of pretty much anything I could get my hands on. Daz + is Perfect for that!
I've been collecting since 2010 - and most of the time not spending a whole lot of money. It's amazing how many assets we can acquire for not much more than our Daz + membership alone!
Well now my story is coming together and I'm needing to pick out assets for the upcoming scenes. Here's something fun I've been doing to spark my memory of what I have:
Product Library
Yeah, it's not a secret that, if we want to know what we have we can check our Product Library here and have a look. Different ways to sort them and there's a handy Search bar as well. I also like how they now show the product images on the page, if we don't disable that feature. Really handy for me.
What it doesn't have are the category filters that the Store has. Maybe in the future.
Store Filters
What did I just say? Oh... Right. The Product Library doesn't have the filters for finding assets like those in the store proper.
This brings up a fun way for me to write my scene resources - just shopping the store as if I had to buy my way in.
To do this, I use the navigation tools at the top of the store to get my category, like People > Clothing, Places and Things, etc., and then use the filters on the left edge to further narrow it down, if needed (I do this when I'm wanting to see Creatures for a specific figure, like Genesis 8 Male, for example) and then next to "Hide Owned" I instead select "Show Only Owned" and I get a listing of store items I can buy for free because I already have them.
I'm writing this here and now because I just got done completely dressing out a scene using nice, new Iray items that I've collected in recent years using all of the many sales that go on throughout every year. In doing so, I've stumbled upon countless really cool assets and tools that can really help my entire experience in building these set stages and location environments.I'm not there yet, but for my snowy scenes I have this wonderful looking set of tools called DA Let it Snow, which has shells for covering stuff with snow (including people, etc.,) as well as snowflakes which can be animated. I wasn't really feeling a need for something like this, which is why I'm really glad that I ran across it just now! I remember being all excited when I looked at it during the sale. But during some of these sales we can get pages and pages (Product Library pages) of assets - and when we're busy animating stuff completely unrelated to this cool new thing, it can easily become temporarily overlooked.
Try It Out
Seriously! I just designed a Demon from another Plane using a spattering of various elements I have in my library for a figure that I can animate efficiently. I've also outlined my initial thoughts for dressing out everyone I need for my upcoming scenes. I know my character/clothing assets pretty well anyway, but this really helps to speed up the process - especially since I'm waiting just a few more minutes for my simulation to finish, file to save, or animation rendering to complete!
Cheers Friends! ;)
Oh... I gotta go. One of RawArt's Lesser Goblins just punched Rosie 7 in the face, and she turned around and kicked his ass. Better go make sure everythings still okay for the next shoot! Argh!!!
So what forum section do you frequent and why?Richard Haseltine said:
takezo_3001 said:
Dandene said:
I'm mostly a Commons person, myself. I occassionally wander into Daz+ and peruse the other sections if there isn't much going on in here. I tend to miss a lot of conversations and don't want to necro.

Heheheh, don't worry about necroposting here, this forum is unique in that there is no such rule, spoken or otherwise, that discourages necroposting, so feel free to necropost as if you've never necroposted before!
I've never understood the in-principle objection to necroposting - if a therad is relevant why not reply to it rather than starting a new one? Of course sometimes people will post to an old problem thread saying "same issue" when it probably isn't, but that is easily corrected.
That's good to know. I've never quite understood the problem with necroposting, only that many many forums had that as a rule over the 20+ years I've been using online forums. I always thought it was a bit weird.
Shader For Dirty FaceSearch dirt in the shop it brings up a whole list of different dirt options.
So what forum section do you frequent and why?MelanieL said:
3WC said:
Ascania said:
This one: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussions
Me too. I don't care what forum it is in, if it is a new thread about something I am interested in, I will look at it. Who has time for all those mouse clicks? And what if you miss something?
Add 1 to that.
I start my "Daz day" by opening the first 3 or 4 pages (that's about the most that changes in a normal day) then going forward from page 4 to page 1 looking for threads I've been reading or new threads that sound like they might be interesting. When I get to the top of page 1, I do a refresh to see what has appeared while I've been reading, then I'm done.
There is also a TamperMonkey script I use that simply hides the previously viewed threads, so I simply go through the first 3 or 4 pages, and then nothing else shows up for me. I think you can find it with the Daz Deals addons. Will also hide any threads you want to ignore. Very useful.
Daz Central Arbitrarily Changes Order On Itemsstripe6499_9253833ae8 said:
Richard Haseltine said:
This has been an issue since the store forum change, at least in Daz Studio. It is related to the data the store supplies, since it started without a software update that might trigger it.
Is the issue being addressed? Or has it just been noted, with no intent to fix it?
I don't know its status, it may be hanging on other changes.
Shouldn't both sex promos for G9 become standard?Mada said:
xyer0 said:
CHWT said:
G9 gives you hopes / dreams / inspirations (you name it) that you can have the best of both worlds :)I'll add / delusions to your list, since art, like life, consists of choices. But the choice is made before our opinions are given.
I really don't think that is the case or even meant like that at all - nobody sat down and said you have to do it exactly like this and no opinions allowed.
If something was worked on before G9 was even out then PAs did the best with what they had, and made promos that in their mind showcased their product.
Now that there's actually some products out people CAN express their opinions - and having a different opinion doesn't mean that your choice was taken away. Its just a different opinion :)
If PAs want to showcase products that look wrong on a figure they can render away, nobody is stopping them - but making it a rule that they have to do it - that's taking away choices.
I think you misinterpreted my post, Mdm Mada. I wasn't making the point you addressed. I apologize for making it ambiguous, but this forum requires it.
As far as rules go, I'd be satisfied with a mere requirement that G9 People & G8 clothing, etc. not be listed under G8 People, but that's another thread.
Weird search results - please donateiPad safari
unchecked owned product box set items per page to 60
Aiko search results 18 pages
"Aiko" initial search results 1 of 8 but go to page 2 let it refresh draw and it says 2 of 21
EDIT: yeah its just Radom for 1 of X it randomly changes on me when going to page 2. No consistency
Redacted...I had a similar issue happen on a G3 character that I reported on the Brow Remover thread in the PA Commercial Products forum. It's happens just to the skin on the face, not the rest of the body. Never had it happen before. At the time I was using the 4.20 Beta and tested it in the 4.16 General release (which I had been using for some time) and the same occurred, so it wasn't the version something in the version of Daz I was using that caused it
Daz Central Arbitrarily Changes Order On ItemsRichard Haseltine said:
This has been an issue since the store forum change, at least in Daz Studio. It is related to the data the store supplies, since it started without a software update that might trigger it.
Is the issue being addressed? Or has it just been noted, with no intent to fix it?
Daz Central Arbitrarily Changes Order On ItemsThis has been an issue since the store forum change, at least in Daz Studio. It is related to the data the store supplies, since it started without a software update that might trigger it.
G8F/M Pose Transfer to G9richardandtracy said:
I saw yesterday that a number of people were suffering from a small number of G9 poses being available. So, can I offer a 4575 line script to transfer poses to G9. You need to have the pose applied to G8F, and it is then transferred to G9 by the script. You need to select the hip of each appropriate character. The script makes a guess as to which is which in the scene, but you need to confirm or correct the choices.
G8F and G9 are very similar, so the poses convert pretty well. The biggest problem preventing immediate use of G8 poses is that the bone names are quite different, and a few bones have different zero settings. I used about 1700 lines of code to get the face rig to transfer, something I've not done in any previous transfer script. This is one area where not everything has a 1:1 equivalence, so I have tried to make it work as well as possible - if anything G8F has more bones in the face than G9. In the lips & eyelids I've had to average up to 3 G8F bone dial values to go into one G9 parameter dial. Not everyone wants the face rig pose to come over with the body pose, so the face rig pose transfer is optional with a checkbox. The head, ears and eye poses always transfer with the body pose.
I do hope it's useful until someone like RiversoftArt can come up with a pose transfer that doesn't need G8F to be open.
Pose shown: BBarbs freebie 'Just Elegant 07' from Renderosity, Characters CHB Milan and V9. Background is Namtar3D's underwater HDRI available somewhere on this forum and at Renderosity.
The image shows that the pose has transferred properly, but due to different limb lengths between the characters, V9's right fingers are embedded in her heel. This is something that you would have had to deal with between two G8 characters and is not something the script can cope with. Allen Art reports below that it works with male figures. I've not tested it but can't see any reason why it wouldn't.
Regards
Richard
Thank you SOOOO much! I have spent so much money on my G8 characters and nothing works correctly with G9. This scriipt made me fell a little better.
morphing a geograft asset in custom poseI am certain I used to be able to do this in oder versions of DS, as I have actual blender files with posed geografts.
My old workflow used to be
1. activate the geometry selection tool so as to separate the base figure from the geograft.
2. hide posed base figure and export obj of the geograft asset "in situ"
3. make edits in blender and export obj
4. morph loader pro, reverse deformations=yes
Profit.
But this doesn't work anymore - DS complains that my morph obj has the wrong vertex count. I've searched the forum and found the most relevant thread here. The proposed workflow in the last post there also does not work, same complaint (plus additional complaints about mismatching ERC's).
I'm stuck now, and a little bit desperate - how can I make a geograft morph that is *not* in the default, unparented, unfitted state?















