-
Help Identifying a hair model?
https://www.daz3d.com/sera-hd-for-genesis-81-female
In this promo image, is the hair. It looks to be braided hair. I have seen this on one or two other images, but no credit/add-on information for me to find the hair item.
It looks lovely and I would really like to see more of it. I did go to the search and type in "Braid", I think one of the images I saw it on was from ARKI and checked her stuff, but didnt seem to see it.
Any idea which hair model it is and where to get it?
New Genesis, New Sales Thread: Report Issues Here "Reporting Only"Richard Haseltine said:
victor.hurtadomena said:
I purchased on all days of the holiday except for yesterday and my punch card went from 35% back to 10%. Any additional info you might need id be happy to provide.
That is the correct behaviour. The punches look as if it is three days, but in fact it is just the previous day that counts (as the text says).
"(as the text says)"????? There is no text on the sale page that says "it is just the previous day that counts". Richard, that is an interpretation of what the actual text says. The actual words are "Purchase daily to stack your Holiday Loyalty Discount and earn a VIP bonus". "Purchase daily" means buy something every day. "Purchase daily" does not specify how many days in a row you have to buy something to reach the maximum discount. The graphic implies multiple days, not one. In the past, we had a punch sale where we had to "purchase daily" for 7 days in a row to reach the maximum discount. I understand that your interpretation of the sales page text is the way the sale actually works this time, but I disagree that anything on the sales page clearly describes that behavior. You have conceded that the graphic is misleading. You have had to address these same issues over and over in the forum since the sale started. Thank goodness you have the patience to do that. Adding "(as the text says)" seems dismissive of legitimate customer confusion, due to the fact that the text doesn't actually say that. If it did, it would be better for all of us.
Why won't Daz change the sale page to clearly state the sale behavior, as you have done here? It seems like is a disservice to that majority of customers who don't use the forum, to only clarify things in the forum.
Diffeomorphic DAZ Importer version 1.6.0 releasedI don't know if I'm at the right place to ask that question. I've screened through the thread, which is now 19 pages long, but didn't find what I was looking for.
So the question is about improting an animation from Daz to Blender using Diffeomorphic Daz Importer following this tutorial:
and some other sources including a tutorial from Daz : https://www.google.com/search?client=avast-a-3&q=how+to+apply+aniMate+in+daz+3d&oq=how+to+apply+aniMate+in+daz+3d&aqs=avast..69i57j0.24968j0j4&ie=UTF-8#kpvalbx=_yC2WY7i_H-LY5NoP1cKHyAU_30Anyway. All went fine until I tried to import the animation with the "Import action" button. I got a message "Daz Importer. Error (1.6..2.1248): The following database needs to be rescanned: Genesis2Female."
I have no idea what rescanning a database means. And obviously, no idea how to do it.
I'm using Daz Studio 4.21, Blender 3.3.0 (which I thought was the latest until I read the previous post) and, as noted in the error message, Diffeomorphic 1.6.2.1248.
EULA Update & Editorial Licenses Coming to DazI'm curious about how one is supposed to do this part... "the User must take all possible and reasonable efforts to credit the copyright and/or trademark owner of the Content"...
The two current items don't give any indication of who those trademark owners might be... I'm guessing "LEMB" is supposed to be "SMEG" (Only because I recognize the lettering and have seen their products which are not common in the US) and the Cyberracer is probably something related to Cyberpunk 2077 (I don't own that game, but it seems probable), but neither product actually claims to be related to those trademark owners.
So if one is not familiar with the subject matter or recognizes it, reasonable effort there is probably a Google search and a guess and when that doesn't pan out, forget about it?
MDBridge for Daz3Dnonesuch00 said:
It shows up for me. I downloaded it. And I was able to download before you made changes at the request of Catherine so the problem had to have been her local browser cache or the remote file server cache.
Thanks very much.
No, it's a forum glitch that affects various browsers at various times, no rhymne nor reason for it {that I think is why it's hard to figure out and fix}.
2022 Christmas at DAZ & PA Giftsbarbult said:
Charlie Judge said:
barbult said:
View from the inside - the camera is inside the glass globe. I used the Snow Glow material preset and added some Iray Bloom. Look how the figurines inside the globe look like real ceramic objests! This snow globe has great details.
The image from the inside is not showing up for me. Did you accidentally delete your attachment?
Yes. Thanks for letting me know. It is the forum bug of keeping previous attachments shown in the next message. When I posted the second message and attached that image, the forum still showed the previous image as being attached to the second message, so I delete it. Unfortunately it deleted it from the first message, too.
If you refresh the page after posting the phantom attachment should go.
2022 Christmas at DAZ & PA GiftsCharlie Judge said:
barbult said:
View from the inside - the camera is inside the glass globe. I used the Snow Glow material preset and added some Iray Bloom. Look how the figurines inside the globe look like real ceramic objests! This snow globe has great details.
The image from the inside is not showing up for me. Did you accidentally delete your attachment?
Yes. Thanks for letting me know. It is the forum bug of keeping previous attachments shown in the next message. When I posted the second message and attached that image, the forum still showed the previous image as being attached to the second message, so I delete it. Unfortunately it deleted it from the first message, too.
Daz Studio 5 development updateQuickly, before we leave behind the video vs text debate, I have watched quite a lot of Jay's videos and I usually find that I might pick up a tip that I wasn't aware of but, for the most part, I already know most of it. I guess I should since I've been using DAZ Studio for a little longer than Jay himself but he does experiment a lot more than I do and he is good at explaining stuff (I follow his English perfectly well so I'm not sure why others have a problem). I am not an avid manual reader so I rather try to find a video which addresses a certain issue rather than wade through a series of videos such as Jay's Masterclass. Incidentally, this forum is often the best resource for answering those questions and I wish that more PAs and DAZ staff would contribute here for the benefit of all.
Force Feeding G9inception8 said:
frank0314 said:
maikdecker said:
PerttiA said:
Yep... Whatever opinion one reads here in the forums, written by us 'forumites' is polar opposite to what the silent majority thinks about the same.

Well, it's a well know fact in the internet all forums for about every game, computer program and what ever are nearly exlusively filled with a majority of the quite vocal minority... all the people who like something (aka the the forum's minority representing the silent majority) somehow don't feel the need to tell the world or at least their hobbies' community (for some few exceptions of course).
Oso3D said:
Vendors largely make what they want.Shouldn't they rather make stuff that their customers want? Or is that one of those "artistic freedom/vision" thing again?
That's not what he meant. He means PA's are going to make what the customers want but they are going to pick what it is they want to make that is within those guidelines. No PA is going to make what "they, specifically" want. They need to be paid so they have to make what the customer wants. They just have the freedom to pick which topic they want to support.
No.
Absolutely.
Truth.
Money. Money. Money. Money. Freedom.
Yeah, as I mentioned above... craftsman perspective. Make what the customer wants to earn money. Make what you want for the store window to show off your skill and maybe someone is ready to buy it...
Force Feeding G9frank0314 said:
maikdecker said:
PerttiA said:
Yep... Whatever opinion one reads here in the forums, written by us 'forumites' is polar opposite to what the silent majority thinks about the same.

Well, it's a well know fact in the internet all forums for about every game, computer program and what ever are nearly exlusively filled with a majority of the quite vocal minority... all the people who like something (aka the the forum's minority representing the silent majority) somehow don't feel the need to tell the world or at least their hobbies' community (for some few exceptions of course).
Oso3D said:
Vendors largely make what they want.Shouldn't they rather make stuff that their customers want? Or is that one of those "artistic freedom/vision" thing again?
That's not what he meant. He means PA's are going to make what the customers want but they are going to pick what it is they want to make that is within those guidelines. No PA is going to make what "they, specifically" want. They need to be paid so they have to make what the customer wants. They just have the freedom to pick which topic they want to support.
No.
Absolutely.
Truth.
Money. Money. Money. Money. Freedom.
Force Feeding G9Mousso said:
maikdecker said:
plasma_ring said:
I suspect there are going to be vendors who never make the switch (or at least delay as long as possible).
It surely won't be a problem to "ignore" G9 for PAs who do mostly stuff that isn't from the characters, clothing, hair and poses departments.

The majority of new products on other stores are still being made for 8/8.1,
I find it even more interesting, that PAs there seem to manage to produce clothing items fitting G8/8.1/9 (in one product) without charging (much, if anything) more than for their previous products. Imho this leads customers to a "Hey, I can use the item NOW for my G8(.1) figures, and when I decide to go with G9 it won't be a hassle either..." without the added "too bad it's more expensive, just it supports something I don't (yet) use.."
Not going to mentions names but I bought one and it looks horrible on G9. I never return anything but I was seriously considering it this time. If people have zbrush to smooth out the issues its okay but for those who dont its almost unusable.
On the other hand Lilflame does a good job. But then she models a separate G9 version of the dresses not just trying to fit a tutu on an elephant.
LOL. Couldn't resist a search for this reference....
Genesis 9 QuestionGordig said:
Use whatever figure best suits your needs. I started using DS during G8's run, have a massive library of G8 assets, and wouldn't be able to use G9 exclusively for quite a while due to lacking certain items. Hell, someone on the forum is still using V3/V4 assets in DS2.
Agree 100%. I've been playing around with DAZ people before they were DAZ ( back in the old Poser Zygote Days). I stuck with Poser and V4 until Genesis 2 came out because I didn't like the look of a "uni-figure". The shoulders and chest never looked right to this classically trained former traditonal ( now digital) artist. For the same reason, I'm skipping G9 and sticking with G8. I've got PLENTY of content to suit my needs for the forseeable future ( creating reference images for drawing graphic novels in 2d software). We'll see what happens when G10 comes out.
MDBridge for Daz3DTugpsx said:
Catherine3678ab said:
Forum glitch, no it is not showing attached to the first post for everybody. Sometimes if one edits the 1st post [just add a space somewhere and save it again] then attachments should reappear.
How about now?
No. I know behind the scenes improvements are being made in the forum and store softwares ... and this solution to bring back vanishing attachments possibly has been nullified. {and yes I tried clearing the cache etc. on Firefox}
Maybe try attaching to another post [above, not below this one as a following post tends to trigger the glitch]?
MDBridge for Daz3DCatherine3678ab said:
Forum glitch, no it is not showing attached to the first post for everybody. Sometimes if one edits the 1st post [just add a space somewhere and save it again] then attachments should reappear.
How about now?
(Released!) Vellus Horizon Shader System USER GUIDE IN COMMENTSHighland said:
barbult said:
Vellus Horizon Shader System for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Female and People/Genesis 8 Female/Anatomy/Genesis 8.1 Female Vellus Hair are two entirely different products.
Read this forum thread https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/459006/released-vellus-horizon-shader-system-user-guide-in-comments/p1
Thanks Barbult! Genesis 8.1 Female Vellus Hair came bundled with Victoria 8.1. When I went looking for a product page and instructions, it said Oops! Page Not Found. I stupidly stumbled upon this thread not even realizing it was a separate product. Small wonder the instructions were not helping.
Given all that, do you know where I would look for instructions for Genesis 8.1 Female Vellus Hair? In DIM the Information link also says Oops! Page not Found. On the order page it says this:
This is meant to be distributed with every pro bundle like the anatomical elements are.
Vellus hair page does not go live
To be able to see the hairs in texture shaded preview Select the Abdominal Vellus hair goto Parameters/General/Simulation turn on Preview PR Hairs. I get what you do if im in texture shaded or iray preview but when I render it looks right.
Ok after some further testing I see that the if G8.1F is not selected when you load the hair it displayed like you have it. Make sure it says Geneis 8.1 Female in the Fit To option under General/Misc.
I do agree with Babult that this Vellus Horizon Shader looks better (softer) to me than what was released with G8.1
How to use DzAssetMgr.searchForAssets()?Not sure about the compatibility base. The API would usually use an empty array here for any though.
I used DzAssetMgr.getTypeForContentFile(...) on a scene file, and the correct contentType is ['Scene'].
In DS 4.20.1.29 the SortType enum values were added to DzAssetMgr although the documentation was missed.
You can replace '1' with 'assetManager.NameSort' for clarity.
The search functions are asynchronous and may take some time. You can use DzTopLevelAssetContainer.getState() and DzTopLevelAssetContainer.stateChanged(...) to monitor for completion
The issue with code blocks in the forum is a known issue and has had several bug reports filed.
MDBridge for Daz3DForum glitch, no it is not showing attached to the first post for everybody. Sometimes if one edits the 1st post [just add a space somewhere and save it again] then attachments should reappear.
Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on IItombraider4ever said:
Shimrian said:
I'm on Chrome version Version 108.0.5359.99 (Official Build) (64-bit) and Daz-Deals Version 4.0.0 and suddenly it stopped working for me. It was working on Friday night I'm pretty sure. It was strange because for the last month is finally was working all the time and I didn't have to toggle incognito window anymore, but not it just will not work. :( I have no wishlist, not price history and no links to images or forum posts.
I love this extension and very sad it is not working anymore.
Have you tried firefox? I use chrome only and it's the same but I tried it on firefox and it worked, takes a while for sort by whishlist to appear, but works. Most of the time, not always. Tried again just now on firefox and the wishlist sorty by and the pictures in the product library appears after about a minute or 30 seconds or something. But on chrome it won't show up no matter how long I wait. What do you mean w the toggle incognito window? is it in options?
It also stopped working for me. but looking at the info page it seems all those are now "pro" features. Just one more reason to not spend money here anymore.
Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on IIShimrian said:
I'm on Chrome version Version 108.0.5359.99 (Official Build) (64-bit) and Daz-Deals Version 4.0.0 and suddenly it stopped working for me. It was working on Friday night I'm pretty sure. It was strange because for the last month is finally was working all the time and I didn't have to toggle incognito window anymore, but not it just will not work. :( I have no wishlist, not price history and no links to images or forum posts.
I love this extension and very sad it is not working anymore.
Have you tried firefox? I use chrome only and it's the same but I tried it on firefox and it worked, takes a while for sort by whishlist to appear, but works. Most of the time, not always. Tried again just now on firefox and the wishlist sorty by and the pictures in the product library appears after about a minute or 30 seconds or something. But on chrome it won't show up no matter how long I wait. What do you mean w the toggle incognito window? is it in options?
Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on III'm on Chrome version Version 108.0.5359.99 (Official Build) (64-bit) and Daz-Deals Version 4.0.0 and suddenly it stopped working for me. It was working on Friday night I'm pretty sure. It was strange because for the last month is finally was working all the time and I didn't have to toggle incognito window anymore, but not it just will not work. :( I have no wishlist, not price history and no links to images or forum posts.
I love this extension and very sad it is not working anymore.


















