-
creating a new character from an existing one
By single-morph character I meant somethign like Victoria 8, or indeed many characters in the store, where you will have a slider at 100% that does ll the shaping (or which drives other moprhs to do the shaping). In that case you can be fairly sure that the name on the slider is the character used.
Download the script (there's a link above the text box) and drag it into the Viewport with the scene you want to catalogue loaded (you can also use File>Merge, or if you place the script fiel in a content directory you can access it through the Content Library pane).
Yes, every character and shaping set is listed, so that you are able to mix and match to create the look you want.
The script I linked will tell you which product the active morphs are from.
I don't knoww hy you would see a shape on only one figure, unless it was soem kind of custom morph.
how many bones in a g8 figure?No bones at all. Victoria is made of cartilage like a shark. :)
Victoria 3 morphs.I've got the "Victoria 3.0 Head & Body Morphs" pack in my account (as part of the "2007 member's choice bundle one"), but there are no download links..... looks like the products are gone missing....
Victoria 3 morphs.You can not only search your product list but your past invoices as well...if you can narrow it down to a general date, you maybe can find the invoice here on the site. Mine go all the way back to 2000 and Victoria 1 stuff. My Account/Orders
Laurie
New Install and downloadConnect and DIM use different locations (and mthods - Connect has a folder per product in the /Data/Cloud folder, Install manager amalgamates everything in the content directory). As long as the root content directory is selected and the foles are in their correct locations within that DS will be able to find them, and saved scenes or presets will work on another machine.
If you click the Download Filters button in Install Manager, on the Ready to Download tab, and uncheck Connect Installed at the end of the list you will not see the items awaiting download (that won't, however, hide entries in the ready to Install tab that haev already been downloaded).
Some content - e.g. ExP using figures such as Victoria 4 and Michael 4 - cannot currently be installed through Connect. Plug-ins, and some shadrs/scripts, are also not installed via Connect.
Victoria 3 morphs.Sorry, MelanieL. Nope. No luck. The base figure is there, and the morphs I mentioned previously, but no "Victoria 3.0 Body Morph Pack". I wasn't aware there was anyone besides DAZ that sold same. I'm pretty sure I purchased them here. I don't even mind paying again. I just can't find anyone (including DAZ) that offers the product for sale.
Thank you.Victoria 3 morphs.Unless the morphs you were thinking of were from some other product, that was just the obvious product I was guessing you were referring to. You might also check your product library for
Victoria 3 Character Morphs Pack
Victoria 3.0 Base
Was the body morph pack ever available through someplace other than the DAZ store? Like on a CD included with a physical magazine? Similarly you might have some other non-daz product that had morphs in it, not sure.
Victoria 3 morphs.If you bought them in the past they should be in your Product Library here: https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_1106
Do they appear if you filter for "Victoria 3" ?
Victoria 3 morphs.Thanks sriesch. I've got V3 morphing T-shirts, dresses, and even a morphing mertail. But no "Victoria 3.0 Body Morph Pack". I can't imagine how they might have disappeared. I couldn't even find them in my portable drive where I try to save everything. Cest la' Vie, I suppose.
Thanks again.Victoria 3 morphs.You should be able to find them in your product library, which is part of your 'My Account' .
On your product list you can search by typing 'victoria' or 'morphs' in the filter box, then apply the filter.
Victoria 3 morphs.It's in your product library as "Victoria 3.0 Body Morph Pack". I don't see a link to the store, so maybe it's no longer in the store?
Victoria 3 morphs.For whatever reason, (and I don't know when) my V3 body morphs went missing. I haven't used the figure in ages. I scoured the internet looking for the morphs with no luck. They also disappeared from my personal Daz Item list. When I look for them in the Daz store, I get a '404' message. Did I miss the memo? Have those morphs been retired? If not can someone knowledgeable tell me where I might find some?
Thanks for any and all help for a very frustrated person... ::: sniff sniff::: and just before Easter also...
Use G3 face on a G8?Hi everyone,
Is there any way to transfer the head morphs of P3Design's Patricia and Chandra, G3s based on Victoria 7, onto the "Victoria 7 For Victoria 8" so that I can use it with all my other G8 specific stuff, which is a bigger investment than I am willing to publicly admit?
Try this method: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/177246/basic-tutorial-for-transferring-genesis3-female-morphs-to-genesis8-femalep
I haven't tried it, but it looks promising.
Edited to fix quote
Use G3 face on a G8?Hi everyone,
Is there any way to transfer the head morphs of P3Design's Patricia and Chandra, G3s based on Victoria 7, onto the "Victoria 7 For Victoria 8" so that I can use it with all my other G8 specific stuff, which is a bigger investment than I am willing to publicly admit?
Thank you,
Donald
Victoria 4.3DAZ has moved to a new paradigm for their characters. V4 was relatively high poly count and therefore amenable to morphing by almost anyone. Not so good for DAZ character/morph sales. The Genesis range seem to have less and less polygons on each successive generation; the characters rely on subdivision on the fly within DAZ Studio to achieve their high quality mesh appearence. The lower poly count of the Genesis series means making detailed mesh morphs is more difficult at best and impossible for some morphs, unless you are a DAZ PA, when you have access to DAZ propriety HD technology which enables making HD detailed morphs. This is better for DAZ sales of detailed morphs for their characters. Makes good business sense for DAZ. So DAZ upgrading the rigging of V4 is not very likely as V4++ would compete (rather well, IMO) with the Genesis series and risk losing character/morph sales to third parties.
That's pretty frustrating and limitating for artists too. That's the reason V4 is so beloved for community, even without the new possibilities, she's still very friendly to work with.
Third party vendors make the catalog of V4 bigger than all 4 genesis generations, toghether. I remember so many pages and artists with amazing and imaginative products, that i wish i would be millonaire to buy every single one of them. That never affected my decission to buy or not Daz products.
Due to the continued popularity of the iconic Victoria 4, an updated version perhaps could be explored.
V4 only remains "popular" with poser users....for now at least.

I don't think so. I already make the jump to genesis, but there's a lot of V4 characters i love and i wish i could use on "V4.3"
For me the jump to genesis was about not becoming obsolete, but seriously, i'm still think would be better an update for V4. (Also, i don't love to buy every generation a new Victoria, a new Teen Josie, a new Olimpia, etc that feels worst than spiderman reboots every year)
If upgrades to base figures could be managed as a service, i think artists could spend more time creating new products than remaking again and again the same base character. I would be more interested to buy these new products, than to buy (again) Victoria 8, Victoria 9, Victoria 10, etc
Mixing face morphsHi!
I'm just getting into face morph mixing and I'm just looking for some tips - do you ever mix 2 character face morphs at 100% each? Or do they have to add up to 100%? Anything other best practices?
Thanks!
I try to make the total mixture of dial character settings add up to 100%, although sometimes you can go further and make it work, especially if you are going for a more exagerrated effect.
The thing is, the 100% is just a benchmark that's needed to attain the exact look of a specific character as sold, not an actual limit on the mesh or what the morph can do. If you load a character that's based on one of the Official DAZ bases like Victoria or Michael, the shaping parameters often have both shapes set at the full 100%, so that would be 200% if the percentages added cumulatively, and if you're moving morphs from one base system to the other, you've also got whatever base system shap to dial in at 100% as well, so a single character would have three sets of full figure dials at 100%. On the same note, if you mix one of those characters dials at 100% but don't bring up the base character, you're obviously nowhere close to 100% of a full character, even though that's what the dials would seem to indicate. It's really not so much a matter of hard numbers and more of an art form that you have to eyeball.
Is DAZ Studio too expensive for casual artists?For me the cost isn't the hardware (I bought it with the idea I was going to migrate from Poser to Octane), it's the content. I have Poser content from the end of Victoria 2, through Victoria 4, more than 13 years worth of stuff. I don't even like to think about what all that cost me. I'm moving to Studio and most of that content is going to be mothballed. But yes, Studio is an expensive proposition.
As for new GPUs, I'm holding onto my 1080ti's until RTX and whatever other whiz-bang tech is fully supported and shown to be worth the cost.
Carrara Sale Email Message Alert threadFlash sale on 150 items for 1.99 even for non PC members. Includes Victoria 7 that can be made somewhat compatible with Carrara I think. https://www.daz3d.com/premier-artist-itemsGood tip. Also 37 Poser format items that should load seamlessly into Carrara.
Carrara Sale Email Message Alert threadFlash sale on 150 items for 1.99 even for non PC members. Includes Victoria 7 that can be made somewhat compatible with Carrara I think. https://www.daz3d.com/premier-artist-items











