• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Which color space does DS use for non spectral exr output ?

    Paintbox said:

    Does an HDRI (exr) even have a colour space ...?

    I learned, the answer is no and yes.

    No, it does not include a profile describing the color space.

    Yes, openexr (maybe hdr as well) either contains information about the RGB primaries and whitepoint which indirectly tells about the color space or - if the info is missing - the spec. says to assume the primaries of REC 709 / BT.709 (which are the same in sRGB). If one is in an ACES pipeline the RGB primaries and whitepoint are different (the new spectral in DS seems to take care of writing the RGB primaries information via the new user choice). Knowing this, I now understand that simply importing an exr into the image editior of choice does not work. We need to know which primaries are in the exr and how the developers implemented exr import in their software. I have to investigate further.

    The other question is the gamma curve. There it is more clear. EXR is linear. So, when final output is REC709 then gamma 2.4 is the one of choice, when  sRGB then 2.2 (not exactly but near to that).

    Does anybody know of a tool to read the RGB primaries and whitepoint from an exr file? I searched the net but no luck.

    EDIT:

    Ok, Fusion in Davinci Resolve can show the exr metadata.

    Now we know that DS 4.16. with spectral off is writing sRGB / REC.709 primaries and REC.709 gamma 2.4. So, DS is writing REC.709 metadata not sRGB as I initially thought.

    What I don't know yet is, what does Affinity Photo's color managment do with this information? Its default color space for 32 bit images is ProPhoto which has different RGBprimaries than sRGB or REC.709.

    By

    cgidesign cgidesign February 2022 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Already installed 【Daz to Cinema 4D】,But I can`t see it,Even the 【scritps】 can't be seen

    DoctorJellybean said:

    hkimho1995 said:

    Already installed 【Daz to Cinema 4D】,But I can`t  see it,Even the 【scritps】 can't be seen.

    why is that?

    I have reinstalled many times

    Don't use Smart Content. The product page states how to use it.

    Setup Instructions:

        Open your character in Daz Studio.
        Locate and open the Daz to Cinema 4D Bridge, which can be found at the top of Studio under Scripts>Bridges>Daz to Cinema 4D.
        Click on ‘Daz to Cinema 4D’ in the above path to run the script.
        In C4D, click on Extensions; find the plugin, and choose ‘Auto-Import.’

    You can see from the screenshot that they don't have Scripts in the file menu. Personally, I've had problems in the past with the C4D bridge not appearing in the file menu when installed through DIM. What I've done in the past is download from Github, and place the scripts in the scripts folder of my library. From there, I can create a custom action if desired, or just launch from the content library.

    By

    Gordig Gordig February 2022 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

    I should point out that there is a reason to login when using Daz Studio even if you do not use DAZ Connect (I do not use it). When you login a large number of metadata files are updated with various corrections downloaded from the DAZ servers. These will not affect you if you do not use Smart Content, but if you do it is worth picking up the corrections. I do not login all the time, but I do from time to time, particularly after rebuilding the metadata database.

    By

    Havos Havos February 2022 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • Already installed 【Daz to Cinema 4D】,But I can`t see it,Even the 【scritps】 can't be seen

    hkimho1995 said:

    Already installed 【Daz to Cinema 4D】,But I can`t  see it,Even the 【scritps】 can't be seen.

    why is that?

    I have reinstalled many times

    Don't use Smart Content. The product page states how to use it.

    Setup Instructions:

        Open your character in Daz Studio.
        Locate and open the Daz to Cinema 4D Bridge, which can be found at the top of Studio under Scripts>Bridges>Daz to Cinema 4D.
        Click on ‘Daz to Cinema 4D’ in the above path to run the script.
        In C4D, click on Extensions; find the plugin, and choose ‘Auto-Import.’

    By

    DoctorJellybean DoctorJellybean February 2022 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Difference between SimTenero Randomizer and Shape Gen?

    I would like to use a randomizer for background characters and have found SimTenero Randomizer and Shape Gen in the store. Has someone both products and can compare those two? Is one easier/faster to use? Can you import the created character without problems in Blender?

    Thanks in advance for your answers.

    By

    Kaiya_Kazue Kaiya_Kazue February 2022 in The Commons
  • Short characters result in negative Y Translate when grounded

    I don't suggest to use the procedure shown because you'll have a height problem: activating the body morph only, your body will go up but your head no, while if you active head only morph you'll have a giraffe neck. You can use it only if your morphed figure changed only body shape (no arm/leg/torso lenghts and no height changes).

    I suggest to recreate a new morph for every part: export your head only morph, open the file (obj) align the character to the ground in blender and fix head bug. Later reimport it as a new morph.
    Remake the operation for the body morph fixing the head position.

    The correct procedure is:
    - create a body morph where you change body and head height (so don't limit at the body only)
    - create a second head morph where you change only the face shape (not height)

    Another way could be making like the Brute 8: If you have it, you can look that the body morph make the character bigger. Looking in the parameters you'll see that a scale value is linked (by ERC) to body morph, reseting the scale at 100% you'll have a G8 male with muscle morph but with size equal to a standard G8. You can make something similar linking scale parameters to your morph.   

    For the Y the problem is that you didn't adjust rigging to shape, look online "ADJUST RIGGING TO SHAPE". Usually I make morph with character always grounded.. you can adjust your morph file before import it.

     

    By

    Kainjy Kainjy February 2022 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • How to apply a corrective morph without 'breaking' the figure?

    Hello!

    I recently bought SY and Arki's tutorials on how they do the voodoo they do. Ofc, I jumped right in because I've had an idea I've wanted to create for decades. I morphed up my G8.1F using commercial morphs and 'corrected' the face where the mesh deforms too much, or areas where it does not morph at all with any package. I used Blender, and imported the result as in the tutorials.

    It looks great... until I try and move the head. Then poor G8.1F looks like she had a terrible accident involving her neck. I haven't yet tried to use the expression dials or any further morph options because that was disappointing enough plus time constraints.

    I checked the weight maps, and they seem fine. I have yet to check the bones, but wouldn't know how to realign those if they're the problem (will check most of these today). I also haven't tried zeroing out the body morphs and just leaving the head morphs to see if that fixes it upon morph-loader import. Nor have I yet tried using shape keys in Blender; mostly because I don't know if the base shape needs to be base G8.1F or not, and if so then I don't have a real clue where I need to correct on my figure morph vs the base morph.

    The figure will be a personal project, so not commercial, but I am a perfectionist so I want commercial level quality and usability.

    Any ideas or suggestions?

    Cheers,

    Nat

    By

    Cyrinadia Cyrinadia February 2022 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Where to put maps from AMBIENTCG?

    alaltacc said:

    Gordig said:

    The slots that Richard and I are referring to are part of the Iray Uber shader, which you can find in the Default Resources. You can stick with the shader that's on there now, and it will render, but you're better served having a shader made for the rendering engine you're using.

    I wil sound dumb ;-), but how do I do that? I found the shader inside the content library, but I clicked in each of the surfaces, apçplied it (double-clicked), and the "default DAZ) is still there.

    Did you have the object selected too? Shader presets need both the object and one or mroe surfaces on the object selected.

    Though if you import the model while Iray is the active render engine it should aply Iray Uber Base anyway.

    Anyway, I started to play with the sliders inside the Surfaces tab and things are starting to look better. I still didn't find the right textue for the walls nor the windo frame (these are temporary), but the floor looks good (the lighting is also temporary, only a HDRI and one single light to help). The objects aren't mine (all freebies), I put them there to help evaluate the contrasts.
    I'll finish the structure (I still have to finish the windows frame, put some big doors in another wall, a "normal" door in another, etc) and get back to Daz. And I thought the hard part would be modelling insode Blender cheeky. I believe I've spent more time trying to texture things in Daz then creating the structure in Blender,
    If you can point me to a tutorial explaining how to change the shader, It'll help. :-)

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine February 2022 in New Users
  • UltraScenery - new territory [Commercial]

    UltraScene Creator crash

    I have used UltraScenery successfully many times and own a number of add-ons for it.

    Recently, when I run it (on a new machine), the progress bar starts but then freezes (screenshot attached). It stays frozen at that position no matter how long I allow it to run. I have run a number of different scenarios. This screenshot was taken after I ran UltraScene Creator on the default setup that it boots to, using only the default assets on the first Grasslands setting.

    I have tried it with the C66 Graphics plug-in enabled and disabled. I have tried it with the Accelerator for UltraScenery Studio Content plug-in enabled and disabled. I have tried it with all add-ons installed and uninstalled. Every time I get the same result.

    I hope there's a fix! I rely on UltraScenery. Thanks for any help or suggestions.

    My PC stats are as follows:

    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz
    Installed RAM 128 GB (128 GB usable)
    System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
    Edition Windows 10 Enterprise Version 20H2
    OS build 19042.1526
    NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 driver version 30.0.15.1179
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz, 10 Core(s), 20 Logical Processor(s)

    These are the final lines of the log file (those which seems to pertain to this problem):

    2022-02-20 17:01:14.154 [INFO] :: Prepare asset load (merge): /environments/landscapes/ultrascenery/ecologies/usc grassland 01/USC Grassland 01 MAT.duf
    2022-02-20 17:01:14.154 [INFO] :: Locking viewport redraw...
    2022-02-20 17:01:14.154 [INFO] :: Viewport redraw locked.
    2022-02-20 17:01:14.172 [INFO] :: Native format content directories: 2
    2022-02-20 17:01:14.172 [INFO] :: Poser format content directories: 2
    2022-02-20 17:01:14.172 [INFO] :: Other import format content directories: 0
    2022-02-20 17:01:14.172 [INFO] :: Begin asset load (merge): /environments/landscapes/ultrascenery/ecologies/usc grassland 01/USC Grassland 01 MAT.duf
    2022-02-20 17:01:14.194 [INFO] :: Determining missing assets...
    2022-02-20 17:01:14.212 [INFO] :: Setting textures...
    2022-02-20 17:01:14.212 [INFO] :: Creating materials...
    2022-02-20 17:01:14.236 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\general\dzscript.cpp(1189): Unhandled error while executing script.
    2022-02-20 17:01:14.236 [WARNING] :: QScriptEngine::popContext() doesn't match with pushContext()
    2022-02-20 17:01:14.239 [INFO] :: Script executed successfully: G:/My Daz Library/Applications/Data/DAZ 3D/My DAZ 3D Library/environments/landscapes/ultrascenery/ultrascenecreator.dse

    By

    pighelmet pighelmet February 2022 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • Auto Muscle Enhancer HD [Commercial]

    I am sure someone can give a clearer answer, but for me, saving as a scene subset, allows me to import that scene subset into another scene. I believe it isn't all that much different than saving as a scene, and saving as either will work. It just ensures that all your modified settings, morphs and ERC freezes are stored on that character, even it they haven't been saved into DAZ for use on other characters. So if you have not saved the morphs as File--Save As-Support Asset-Morph Asset, then it is still stand alone from all your other characters. You can always delete any morphs you make at:

    C:\Users\Public\Documents\My DAZ 3D Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male\Morphs\(Your User Name Folder)

    TD

    By

    terry_duquette terry_duquette February 2022 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • The Marvelous Designer Thread

    felis said:

    Try to import this, scale 10000%.

    Then run transfer utility, with a G8F as donor and this as target, and then see if it behave if morphed.

    see attached screenshot :-)

    By

    JoJoS JoJoS February 2022 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • The Marvelous Designer Thread

    Try to import this, scale 10000%.

    Then run transfer utility, with a G8F as donor and this as target, and then see if it behave if morphed.

    By

    felis felis February 2022 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Am I missing the point on the new volumetric rendering?

    Petra said:

    I do not even know how to use it at all.

    I have a shader preset in a Folder called Volumetric * I think * but that does nothing.

    If I apply it to a sphere, the whole thing disappears.

    Loaded VDB's, free ones, but no clue where to put them or how to open or import them.

    I wish there were tutorials to follow.:(

    Just to let you know. 

    Apply the Simple OpenVDB MDL Volume shader to an object. Yep. It disappears.

    Then under the Surfaces tab expand the objects surfaces out, and select the Volume node. You should then see a Volume File option. Just select browser and load a .vdb file. Alter the density multiplier for the desired effect. That’s pretty much all you can do at the moment.

    I’ve attached an example. You need to download the Gasoline Explosion from here:

    https://jangafx.com/software/embergen/download/free-vdb-animations/

    Just use one of those .vdb files. I used 72 in my example. 

    By

    decimalpoint999 decimalpoint999 February 2022 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Weird Loading Times on G8F

    Here's the complete log. Still taking nearly 2 minutes after thinning down the runtime/content directories to the official stuff and my nearly empty (no data folders) "my library"

     

    2022-02-20 08:41:47.500 [INFO] :: Prepare asset load (open): /People/Genesis 8 Female/Genesis 8 Basic Female.duf
    2022-02-20 08:41:47.500 [INFO] :: Locking viewport redraw...
    2022-02-20 08:41:47.500 [INFO] :: Viewport redraw locked.
    2022-02-20 08:41:47.694 [INFO] :: Native format content directories: 3
    2022-02-20 08:41:47.695 [INFO] :: Poser format content directories: 3
    2022-02-20 08:41:47.695 [INFO] :: Other import format content directories: 0
    2022-02-20 08:41:47.695 [INFO] :: Begin asset load (open): /People/Genesis 8 Female/Genesis 8 Basic Female.duf
    2022-02-20 08:42:15.414 [INFO] :: *** Scene Cleared ***
    2022-02-20 08:42:15.414 [INFO] :: Determining missing assets...
    2022-02-20 08:42:16.193 [INFO] :: Setting textures...
    2022-02-20 08:42:17.053 [INFO] :: Scanning for addons...
    2022-02-20 08:43:13.218 [INFO] :: Creating node geometry...
    2022-02-20 08:43:13.237 [INFO] :: Creating UV sets...
    2022-02-20 08:43:13.240 [INFO] :: Creating materials...
    2022-02-20 08:43:14.049 [INFO] :: Resolving legacy figures...
    2022-02-20 08:43:14.049 [INFO] :: Preparing modifiers...
    2022-02-20 08:43:14.241 [INFO] :: Creating modifiers...
    2022-02-20 08:43:16.894 [INFO] :: Creating property aliases...
    2022-02-20 08:43:16.989 [INFO] :: Creating sum stage formulas...
    2022-02-20 08:43:37.403 [INFO] :: Creating multiply stage formulas...
    2022-02-20 08:43:37.770 [INFO] :: Processing scene data...
    2022-02-20 08:43:37.770 [INFO] :: Finalizing modifiers...
    2022-02-20 08:43:37.771 [INFO] :: Finalizing channels...
    2022-02-20 08:43:37.771 [INFO] :: Finalizing materials...
    2022-02-20 08:43:37.772 [INFO] :: Sorting property groups...
    2022-02-20 08:43:37.781 [INFO] :: Finalizing scene data...
    2022-02-20 08:43:37.874 [INFO] :: Begin Loading Character Addons...
    2022-02-20 08:43:37.883 [INFO] :: Prepare asset load (merge): /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female Eyelashes/Tools/Script Loads/Genesis 8 Female Eyelashes.duf
    2022-02-20 08:43:37.883 [INFO] :: Locking viewport redraw...
    2022-02-20 08:43:37.883 [INFO] :: Viewport redraw locked.
    2022-02-20 08:43:37.886 [INFO] :: Native format content directories: 3
    2022-02-20 08:43:37.886 [INFO] :: Poser format content directories: 3
    2022-02-20 08:43:37.887 [INFO] :: Other import format content directories: 0
    2022-02-20 08:43:37.887 [INFO] :: Begin asset load (merge): /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female Eyelashes/Tools/Script Loads/Genesis 8 Female Eyelashes.duf
    2022-02-20 08:43:37.927 [INFO] :: Determining missing assets...
    2022-02-20 08:43:38.075 [INFO] :: Setting textures...
    2022-02-20 08:43:38.423 [INFO] :: Scanning for addons...
    2022-02-20 08:43:38.761 [INFO] :: Creating node geometry...
    2022-02-20 08:43:38.766 [INFO] :: Creating UV sets...
    2022-02-20 08:43:38.767 [INFO] :: Creating materials...
    2022-02-20 08:43:38.841 [INFO] :: Resolving legacy figures...
    2022-02-20 08:43:38.842 [INFO] :: Preparing modifiers...
    2022-02-20 08:43:38.868 [INFO] :: Creating modifiers...
    2022-02-20 08:43:39.049 [INFO] :: Creating sum stage formulas...
    2022-02-20 08:43:39.051 [INFO] :: Creating multiply stage formulas...
    2022-02-20 08:43:39.051 [INFO] :: Finalizing modifiers...
    2022-02-20 08:43:39.051 [INFO] :: Sorting property groups...
    2022-02-20 08:43:39.054 [INFO] :: Setting up follow targets...
    2022-02-20 08:43:39.054 [INFO] :: Start following: Genesis 8 Female << Genesis 8 Female Eyelashes
    2022-02-20 08:43:39.055 [INFO] :: Following started: Genesis 8 Female << Genesis 8 Female Eyelashes
    2022-02-20 08:43:39.055 [INFO] :: Connect base morphs: Genesis 8 Female << Genesis 8 Female Eyelashes
    2022-02-20 08:43:39.104 [INFO] :: Base morphs connected: Genesis 8 Female << Genesis 8 Female Eyelashes
    2022-02-20 08:43:39.113 [INFO] :: Creating morph projection map: Genesis 8 Female << Genesis 8 Female Eyelashes
    2022-02-20 08:43:39.176 [INFO] :: Finished asset load (merge): 0m 1.290s - /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female Eyelashes/Tools/Script Loads/Genesis 8 Female Eyelashes.duf
    2022-02-20 08:43:39.276 [INFO] :: Unlocking viewport redraw...
    2022-02-20 08:43:39.276 [INFO] :: Viewport redraw unlocked.
    2022-02-20 08:43:39.279 [INFO] :: Loaded morph deltas: 0m 0.1s - /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Head/PHMEyelashesLengthUpper.dsf
    2022-02-20 08:43:39.284 [INFO] :: Loaded morph deltas: 0m 0.1s - /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Head/PHMEyelashesLengthLower.dsf
    2022-02-20 08:43:39.288 [INFO] :: Loaded morph deltas: 0m 0.1s - /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Head/PHMEyelashesCurl.dsf
    2022-02-20 08:43:39.314 [INFO] :: Loaded morph deltas: 0m 0.4s - /data/Daz 3D/Genesis 8/Female Eyelashes/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Head/PHMEyelashesLengthUpper.dsf
    2022-02-20 08:43:39.322 [INFO] :: Loaded morph deltas: 0m 0.4s - /data/Daz 3D/Genesis 8/Female Eyelashes/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Head/PHMEyelashesLengthLower.dsf
    2022-02-20 08:43:39.333 [INFO] :: Loaded morph deltas: 0m 0.7s - /data/Daz 3D/Genesis 8/Female Eyelashes/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Head/PHMEyelashesCurl.dsf
    2022-02-20 08:43:39.341 [INFO] :: Loaded morph deltas: 0m 0.6s - /data/Daz 3D/Genesis 8/Female Eyelashes/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Base/PHMEyelashesExpand.dsf
    2022-02-20 08:43:39.394 [INFO] :: Prepare asset load (merge): /People/Genesis 8 Female/Materials/Base Materials/Iray/Base MAT Eyelashes.duf
    2022-02-20 08:43:39.394 [INFO] :: Locking viewport redraw...
    2022-02-20 08:43:39.394 [INFO] :: Viewport redraw locked.
    2022-02-20 08:43:39.402 [INFO] :: Native format content directories: 3
    2022-02-20 08:43:39.402 [INFO] :: Poser format content directories: 3
    2022-02-20 08:43:39.402 [INFO] :: Other import format content directories: 0
    2022-02-20 08:43:39.402 [INFO] :: Begin asset load (merge): /People/Genesis 8 Female/Materials/Base Materials/Iray/Base MAT Eyelashes.duf
    2022-02-20 08:43:39.472 [INFO] :: Determining missing assets...
    2022-02-20 08:43:39.808 [INFO] :: Setting textures...
    2022-02-20 08:43:39.810 [INFO] :: Creating materials...
    2022-02-20 08:43:39.894 [INFO] :: Applying animations...
    2022-02-20 08:43:40.235 [INFO] :: Setting up follow targets...
    2022-02-20 08:43:40.235 [INFO] :: Finished asset load (merge): 0m 0.833s - /People/Genesis 8 Female/Materials/Base Materials/Iray/Base MAT Eyelashes.duf
    2022-02-20 08:43:40.262 [INFO] :: Unlocking viewport redraw...
    2022-02-20 08:43:40.263 [INFO] :: Viewport redraw unlocked.
    2022-02-20 08:43:40.266 [INFO] :: Finished Loading Character Addons
    2022-02-20 08:43:41.023 [INFO] :: Finished asset load (open): 1m 53.328s - /People/Genesis 8 Female/Genesis 8 Basic Female.duf
    2022-02-20 08:43:59.788 [INFO] :: Unlocking viewport redraw...
    2022-02-20 08:43:59.788 [INFO] :: Viewport redraw unlocked.
    2022-02-20 08:44:00.217 [INFO] :: Loaded image: G8FBaseLegsMapD_1003.jpg
    2022-02-20 08:44:00.281 [INFO] :: Loaded image: G8FBaseEyes01_1007.jpg
    2022-02-20 08:44:00.494 [INFO] :: Loaded image: G8FBaseArmsMapD_1004.jpg
    2022-02-20 08:44:00.563 [INFO] :: Loaded image: G8FBaseMouthMapD_1005.jpg
    2022-02-20 08:44:00.785 [INFO] :: Loaded image: G8FBaseFaceMapD_1001.jpg
    2022-02-20 08:44:01.001 [INFO] :: Loaded image: G8FBaseTorsoMapD_1002.jpg
    2022-02-20 08:44:01.097 [INFO] :: Loaded image: G8FBaseEyelashes_1006.jpg

     

    By

    Depa3D Depa3D February 2022 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • DAZ To Blender doesn't work for me

    DAZStudio 4.15.0.30
    Menue=>Scripts=>Blender=>Daz To Blender
    Select Export Type
    Genesis8/3 Checked
    Subdivision Level0 Checked =>accept
    Over to Blender 3.0
    DazToBlender
    Import New Genesis 3/8
    Popup in Blue "Import New Genesis 3/8/
    Nothing happens, no pop up, no figure, no message nada.
    What ever has to do with Blender, just doesn't work for me.
    Any idea, what is going wrong here?

    By

    Masterstroke Masterstroke February 2022 in Blender Discussion
  • Diffeo and VDB

    @brainmuffin Now I see the new 4.20 supports vdb with some limited features. And no animation. As for "rocket launch" by its description it uses an emissive mesh for the fire and vdb for the smoke. The emissive mesh should import into blender, though the new iray in 4.20 treats the emissive opacity differently. This also breaks any previous daz asset using emissive meshes, so most "baked effects" in the shop will not work fine anymore with 4.20.

    So long story short. For now it is better to use vdb directly in blender, rather than importing it from daz.

    edit. note. And, if you want your old scenes to work fine, do not update to 4.20 since it breaks both emission and top coat, other than tone mapping.

    By

    Padone Padone February 2022 in Blender Discussion
  • Am I missing the point on the new volumetric rendering?

    I do not even know how to use it at all.

    I have a shader preset in a Folder called Volumetric * I think * but that does nothing.

    If I apply it to a sphere, the whole thing disappears.

    Loaded VDB's, free ones, but no clue where to put them or how to open or import them.

    I wish there were tutorials to follow.:(

    By

    Petra Petra February 2022 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Workflow Question - New Pose Shape Keys

    That will work fine. You just have to use "erc morphs" in the global settings to fit the armature. The main drawback is that every figure has its own materials, so it's not just a matter of morphs. Also every figure usually has it own custom jcms that you may want to import to get the exact figure deformations.

    There's a new tool to import materials but it has issues and Thomas didn't fix it yet.

    https://bitbucket.org/Diffeomorphic/import_daz/issues/857/material-import-issues

    By

    Padone Padone February 2022 in Blender Discussion
  • Workflow Question - New Pose Shape Keys

    Daz to Blender workflow for me is currently just like it is set up in Diffeo - Import Character from Daz, Corrections, Materials, Import Morphs, Finishing, and Rigging.

    I was wondering if anyone has tried keeping a base G8 in Blender with all shape keys and morphs applied, then morphing that G8 base with each new imported character using a 'join as shapes' shape key.  For example, let's say I set up a G8 base with all my favorite morphs, shape keys, custom shape keys, and corrective pose shape keys (new with Blender 3.1, see link below).  I don't want to have to do that with every character, right?  So can I import a custom character, let's say Victoria 8, and morph my finished G8 base to the Victoria 8 shape?  Diffeo allows us to morph the armature and retarget the outfit.  The lashes, brows, and hair would need re-parented.  We could merge geografts last so we have a G8 base that we can constantly import new shape keys as they come out on the Daz store if we want, and also create our own. 

    Has anyone tried this or see any reason why it might not work?

    https://studio.blender.org/training/blender-studio-rigging-tools/pose-shape-keys/

    https://diffeomorphic.blogspot.com/2021/09/morphing-armatures.html

    https://diffeomorphic.blogspot.com/2021/07/changing-outfits.html

     

    By

    Krys Kryngle Krys Kryngle February 2022 in Blender Discussion
  • Diffeo and VDB

    SDev said:

    brainmuffin said:

    I'm in the process of learning smoke and flames in Blender, but I do wonder if perhaps Diffeo can convert the VDB based items in KA Rocket Launch VDB (https://www.daz3d.com/ka-rocket-launch-vdb) to something usable. Anyone have a notion?

    If it uses OpenVDB then have a look here (embergen import): 

    I prefer a more or less khaotic approach :)

    Thanks for the vids. This is Blender 2.83. I wonder if it still works in 3.x.

    By

    brainmuffin brainmuffin February 2022 in Blender Discussion
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.