-
Diffeo vs FBX when to switch
To import legacy figures with diffeomorphic you have to convert both the rig and the materials first. That's two steps.
- edit > figure > rigging > convert to weight mapping
- shader presets > iray > daz uber > iray uber base
How to bring and Daz Character back into Daz Studio after modificationsYes, that's what the morph loader in daz studio is for. This is the same for blender or any other modeler you may want to use.
edit > figure > morph loader pro
steps:
- Export the figure in rest pose at base resolution in obj format. You don't need normals and materials, just the geometry at base resolution.
- Import in blender preserving the vertex order.
- Edit the mesh as you wish. Do not add or remove vertices, the topology must not be changed.
- Export in obj format preserving the vertex order.
- Import in daz studio with the morph loader.
How to bring and Daz Character back into Daz Studio after modificationsIs it possible to create a character morph in Blender, and just import the morph into Daz and apply it to the base figure?
Cannot get Duke hair to work with Mark Kids 4Duke Hair for Millennium Generation 4 (V4, A4, G4, M4, H4, K4) is the one that appears in Products -> D because that is the Product name and is installed as such. The Genesis version of Duke Hair is part of Genesis Starter Essentials, and does not have its own installer, so it will not show in Products -> D, but under G -> Genesis Starter Essentials (with a whole lot of other stuff)
On the other side of the coin, the Generation 4 version has no metadata, hence no default category (well, it is in Lost and Found as a result), so it is not the version you see under default categories. The Genesis version does have metadata, and has a default category of Hair -> Short.
Confusing, in that both have the same icon and filename, but one has extension .hr2 and the other .duf. You can set your preferences to show file extensions (F2 - Content - Show file extensions) if you want, it helps to identify the Poser files from the DSON files.
DAZ and world creator?Hi :)
world creator seem very nice, I try Terra Dome but I think iy was nice in 2015, but in 2022 not.....
Some one try Import world creator Terrains in DAZ?
Thx.
Daz studio to Marvellous Designer and back againHi all,
Testing out the trial version of Marvellous Designer 11, which is very impressive. I've watched a few videos on porting stuff from DS to MD and MD to DS. I've not found a "clean" way to import DS clothing into MD to customise or position.
This video seemed to be the closest I've come, but still not great https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9o8skP9kLc&ab_channel=TheWPGuru
Has anybody found a easy way to import into MD from DS? It would be great of there was a DS MD bridge like the Z-brush and Photoshop ones.
Just a thought.
[Tutorial] Daz hair to Unreal Grooming System (via Blender pit stop)Can anyone confirm this works in UE5? Followed the entire video, but when I import the .abc file all I get is a scalp. I'm exporting the scalp with the hair with the settings used in the video. UE5 seems to have a ton more import options than shown in the video, so unsure if my settings are correct.
How to swap genesis 8 base mesh for higher subD resolution mesh?Thank you, Wendy. Does doing it that way change the vertex order? It sounds like it might in which case this workflow probably wont work for me. Do you know if there is a way to import a subD2 mesh then have Daz Studio revert it back down to SubD0? Or another solution, is there a way to force a SubD2 morph to load on a SubD0 character?
Price Adjustment QuestionWrite Idea said:
daveso said:
Looking at it from what it is, a business, to make and increase revenue, one can expect DAZ to do what they think they need to do. We, as customers, can express dissatisfaction, offer up kudos, buy the stuff, or not buy the stuff. Leave or not leave. We have a ton of choices. DAZ bottom line will dictate the path forward. We stroll along the path or take a different fork.
I agree, @daveso. In the end, it is only $25. It just makes me think twice about doing business with DAZ.
Lucky for them, there are not many competitors that offer what they offer, warts or not. I come from a game design background, so I have TONS of 3D models I can import into DS, or I can make my own if i need, yet I would still be sad if DAZ went out of business for whatever reason. Now imagine what the majority of hobbyists here that rely on DAZ to supply them with everything, even smart content to they don't have to even look for their addons, they would be totally lost.
Mars madness?ok it has occurred to me the wall might have a cutout opacity map for the doors, they don't import into Twinmotion
since Filament crashed I never looked in studio
Daz bridge to Blender can't import pose?laemander said:
About importing pose to blender... When I import basic poses that come with gen8 figures, they work fine. (Pic one) But when I try to import my own custom made pose it won't work. (Pic two) Am I doing something wrong?
Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I have the same problem.
diffeomorphic only creates dbz filesYou'd probably want to post this in the actual Blender forum as I'm not sure how many Blender uses frequent the commons, but diffeo only creates the DBZ file. You have to save it first as a Daz file to get the duf, then export with diffeo to get the dbz, and then in Blender you import the .duf that was saved in Daz.
diffeomorphic only creates dbz filesI don't know what happened, because it was working properly the first time I installed it and now it just won't create a duf file so I can't import stuff into blender, help please.
A way to Daz3d be more popular than icloneMotionbuilder has the most versatile system.
and has a realtime viewport display to animate in realtime.
Reallusion IClone leased the Autodesk human Ik system and also has a realtime engine and free bridge plugin to UE4,Unity and Blender.
Reallusion CC3 pipeline can import Daz genes characters and convert them to CC3 Avatars for realtime animation inside Clone.
Clone is expensive now and about to become even more so with version 8.
However Right now Daz studio is superior to poser in every way ( including animation).
Yet there are still poser users who continue to pay for poser and various poorly supported figures, rather than switch to an entirely new Character & content eco-system.
It is not likely that Reallusion users would abandon their content and switch over to Daz studio for the same motionbuilder type features we already have in Clone.AIUTO...CHI CONOSCE L’ITALIANO? PARTE TREDICIIo sono partita con Daz che già aveva il database quindi sono abituata a usarlo.
Avendo migliaia di prodotti non riesco a ricordarmeli tutti, quindi ho bisogno quando dico "okay, mi serve il tal tipo di cosa" di poter andare a un pannello per categorie e vedere che roba ho. Poi sono d'accordo sul fatto che spesso il problema sono i metadata fatti coi piedi; purtroppo anche per sistemarli ci vuole tempo e quello scarseggia sempre.
Ho visto che disinstallare e reinstallare da DIM funziona per rendere visibili come installati molti prodotti (non tutti); per adesso sto facendo quello, poi vedrò cos'altro inventarmi. ho il Content Wizard di River Soft ma sul mac Pro non riesco a farlo funzionare, mi dà sempre questo errore:
2022-03-05 15:35:03.866 Loading script: /Volumes/Florentia/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/scripts/riversoft art/content wizard/content wizard.dse
2022-03-05 15:35:04.245 DEBUG: Found: /Volumes/Florentia/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSConstants.dsa
2022-03-05 15:35:04.267 DEBUG: Found: /Volumes/Florentia/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSSmartContentConstants.dsa
2022-03-05 15:35:04.311 DEBUG: Found: /Volumes/Florentia/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/RSBuildPanels.dsa
2022-03-05 15:35:04.333 DEBUG: Found: /Volumes/Florentia/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/data/RiverSoft Art/Common/seedrandom.dsa
2022-03-05 15:35:04.361 WARNING: Script Error: Line 131
2022-03-05 15:35:04.362 WARNING: ReferenceError: Can't find variable: sIncludeFileExt
2022-03-05 15:35:04.362 WARNING: Stack Trace:
<anonymous>()@/Volumes/Florentia/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/scripts/riversoft art/content wizard/content wizard.dse:131
2022-03-05 15:35:04.362 Error in script execution: /Volumes/Florentia/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/scripts/riversoft art/content wizard/content wizard.dse
Sul mac Mini, invece, funzionava - almeno fino a qualche tempo fa; ho dovuto spostare l'installazione di Daz per problemi di spazio e non ho ancora rifatto la prova
Character morph(s) breaks the clothing mesh (custom-made)Aaaaaaand... I think I see what I did wrong. As the rivets are numerous enough, I placed a half of them like I'm supposed to, by polygon, but copied and mirrored it to create the second half; of course, not attaching the second-half ones to the cuirass. Naturally, they move as they want.
Okay, as I killed the cuirass's geometry in the earlier scene by saving it as a Figure Asset and then replacing its file with an updated version, I'll have to re-import the cuirass mesh, re-rig it, and re-attach the rivets. That's gonna take some time.
In any case, thank you for the reminder. I'll be back :)
felis said:
Rigidity nodes, must be created by one or more polygons where the rivets shall be attached.
This is the method used for buttons on a shirt.
(SOLVED) Poses for G8M on G8F figure without cross-figure?NorthOf45 said:
Okay, so I'll bet you are using the Smart Content window with Filter by Context selected. The male poses are not usually defined to work with the female figures (and vice versa), so they will not display without some tweaking (but that's more advanced). Deselect "Filter by Context" and go to the G8 male poses of your choice (easier to find in Product view), and apply them as you like. The G8 female figure (or any other, for that matter) needs to remain selected so that the pose file knows what to act upon.
You could do the same in the Content Library from the folder where the poses were installed (i.e., DAZ Studio Formats\[yourlibraryname]\People\Genesis 8 Male\Poses\...). That is a direct link to the file system, whereas Smart Content is virtual (metadata database stuff).
Oh! That worked! Holy hell I can't believe that it was that easy!! I had no idea that silly little filter was preventing me from selecting both the figure and the pose!
Thank you SO SO Much!!!
Sshodan's chitonsGreyFaun said:
On an other site, Sshodan released à long while ago beautiful dynamic chitons for V4 and M4, and I haven't found the equivalent since for G3 or G8.
Since the originals where for poser, is there a way to import them in Daz, and then convert them du dforce ?
Thanks in advance !
BTW, Sshodan, if you read this, more greek-looking stuff would be indeed most appreciated !
I guess I'll have to bump the greek stuff up on the list, if people want it :) Will still take a while thou. And no you can't just convert between poser and Daz dynamics unless it is a VERY basic item thouse chitons have to much self collision for it to work.
Still Images Can Tell StoriesMaps with metadata. Such a cool idea. Can't wait to get home and play with it on my computer.
Still Images Can Tell Stories"Machines Reading Maps (MRM) is delighted to announce a new 1-year collaboration with the David Rumsey Map Collection. Thanks to a generous donation from David Rumsey himself, the MRM teams (including researchers at The Alan Turing Institute, the University of Minnesota, and the Austrian Institute of Technology) will be able to test and expand its tools and methods working large and diverse collection of 60.000 digitised historical maps.
This research will make the Rumsey Map Collection the first large digitised map collection in the world to be fully searchable via text. For all the place names, we will also infer the semantic types and the links to external knowledge bases like Wikidata. This will make countless features that did not previously appear in the map’s metadata, finally visible and discoverable. At the same time, the enrichment of the maps will enable, for the first time, complex searches across different map series, like finding saloons in nineteenth-century California or all the businesses found within 2 miles of British railway stations."











