• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Blender Addon: Daz For Blender Bridge: Everything from DTB 2022 + 14 more features

    opppoe_c02b0d86 said:

    sorry for another problem

    After DAZ export,
    Blender pressing Import New Genesis Figure Supports Genesis3, 8, and 8.1 displays "Appropriate FBX does not exist!"

    C:\Users\c\Documents\DAZ 3D\Bridges\Daz To Blender\Exports\FIG\FIG0
    There are four files such as B_FIG.fbx and FIG.obj

     

    It looks like there is something wrong with your installation.

    In this addon, there is a Global.py file in it. Every time when your opening blender, it will run a getRootPath() function, to get your model's folder path. 

    Seems in your installation, it does not run at all.

    So, you better try to re-install it.  

    The best way to install this addon in blender, is copy DTB folder into:

    C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.0(your blender version)\scripts\addons

    Then go to this DTB folder, delete "__pycache__" folder.

     

    By

    butaixianran butaixianran March 2022 in Blender Discussion
  • Post your DAZ to Unity renders

    krislott98 said:

    This is the highest quality skin shader I've seen come out of Unity, and trust me I've searched high and low. Whatever changes you made to the dual lobe worked! Is there any way you could release it in its current state?

    Thanks.  It's already available, just download uDTU: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/529086/released-unofficial-dtu-bridge-v1-2-2021-10-31/p1

    To enable new skin shaders:

    From Main menu, click Daz3D -> Open DazToUnity Bridge window -> select Options tab -> check "Use New Shaders".  Then import from Daz model or reimport from existing DTU file.

    By

    danielbui78 danielbui78 March 2022 in Unity Discussion
  • Autofitting G8F eyelashes to G8M issue

    Edit Metadata is still in the right-click menu on a product.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine March 2022 in The Commons
  • Autofitting G8F eyelashes to G8M issue

    nemesis10 said:

    Ah, they have changed the selection of compatability base in the newer versions of Daz Studio... there used to be an edit metadata dialog which is now missing....  

    Thank you for your trouble anyway! Looks like I might be buying one of those other products after all.

    By

    RenderPretender RenderPretender March 2022 in The Commons
  • Autofitting G8F eyelashes to G8M issue

    Ah, they have changed the selection of compatability base in the newer versions of Daz Studio... there used to be an edit metadata dialog which is now missing....  

    By

    nemesis10 nemesis10 March 2022 in The Commons
  • DAZ and world creator?

    Bryce  is finish.... xD

    And Import is limited, need CLoud fractal, atmosphère, Plants, rock....

    Import Mesh for Terrain about 100km we need Fractal technologie :)

    By

    Anarkia333 Anarkia333 March 2022 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • DAZ and world creator?

    you can import terrains from Bryce to DAZ studio too via a bridge if that is your only need.

    for $20 often cheaper it's a steal.

    By

    WendyLuvsCatz WendyLuvsCatz March 2022 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Is the bridge abandoned?

    kromekat said:

    piefr1 said:

    Honestly export in fbx in you get the same thing no need of this bridge....

     

    Well, no you don't really, because you don't get the full rigging setup with IK etc, which is a huge time saver.

    I just wish there was a similar setup for iClone/Character Creator to import characters with full IK rigs etc, as its a much more advanced set of tools. I just don't want to be animating in iClone personally!

    Maybe they meant like quality of the Bridge's export is similar to a File->Export->FBX  operation?.  Except for some Genesis figures, that's all you really get when exporting figures with the Bridge.  Joint weights are messed up, orientation is off, morphs don't export, materials are C4D native and pretty standard,  etc.   Genesis figures have usually better weighting/orientation and MOST morphs work but not all,  but figure clothing is a "Do it yourself" thing in my experiences. Haven't had a single clothing piece export out with weighting information yet.

     

    Being able to bring in the IK's though is a nice addition that FBX Export doesn't do.

    By

    Rezca Rezca March 2022 in Cinema 4D Discussion
  • Blender Addon: Daz For Blender Bridge: Everything from DTB 2022 + 14 more features

    sorry for another problem

    After DAZ export,
    Blender pressing Import New Genesis Figure Supports Genesis3, 8, and 8.1 displays "Appropriate FBX does not exist!"

    C:\Users\c\Documents\DAZ 3D\Bridges\Daz To Blender\Exports\FIG\FIG0
    There are four files such as B_FIG.fbx and FIG.obj

     

    By

    opppoe_c02b0d86 opppoe_c02b0d86 March 2022 in Blender Discussion
  • VDB products question (Stonemason, Sickleyield,...)

    Hello Sickleyield  !

    I had success to import your VDB files in Octane standalone and yes I had to do some rotation but also placement. Not a problem as I use to merge different source objects in the same octane render scene. Thanks for your support

     

    By

    smaker1 smaker1 March 2022 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • fitting issue with object transfer utility *FIXED*

    HI

    sorry for the maybe noob question but i have an issue with fitting an outfit to my genesis 8.1

    i created a shirt in Marvelous Designer based on exactly the avatar i m using on DAZ (exported it to make sure size fits)

    then I import the shirt at fbx and it fits perfectly (as i d expect)

    then I use the object transfer utility to fit it to the avatar  (see screenshot)

    BUT as soon as i do that the shirt shrinks a bit and parts are inside the body of the avatar

    i watched a couple of videos on the topic but none had that issue :(

    By

    thell_michael thell_michael March 2022 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Diffeo vs FBX when to switch

    Padone said:

    As for diffeomorphic, I see there's a minor caveat with the cookie rig because daz studio can't keep dforms when converting to general weight. This may apply to other legacy figures too if they use dforms so I'm reporting here a easy workaround. Basically you export the figure converted to prop and use it as shapekey in blender.

    in daz studio:

    1. make a copy of the figure and convert to prop (edit > figure > rigging > convert to prop)
    2. convert the figure materials to uber (select the materials and apply the uber shader)
    3. convert the figure rig to general weight (edit > figure > rigging > convert to weight mapping), here you will lose the dforms
    4. export to blender

    in blender:

    1. import the figure
    2. use the prop as shapekey for the figure (shape keys panel > menu > join as shapes)

    Below we see the cookie eyes that pop out when converting to general weight in daz studio because they lose the dform. Then the result in blender after applying the prop as shapekey.

     

    Thanks for tips that really handy information 

    By

    juvesatriani juvesatriani March 2022 in Blender Discussion
  • Daz to Blender , Leg skin weight looks weird

    Padone said:

    The daz bridge is discontinued atm and the unofficial version by @butaixianran is for game export. You can use diffeomorphic and import jcms to preserve the figure deformations.

    https://diffeomorphic.blogspot.com/p/morphs-section-version-16.html

    very powerful tool , I haven't read the tutorials well before,Thank you , after I import JCM`s ,Its correct  

    By

    316459829 316459829 March 2022 in Blender Discussion
  • Daz to Blender , Leg skin weight looks weird

    The daz bridge is discontinued atm and the unofficial version by @butaixianran is for game export. You can use diffeomorphic and import jcms to preserve the figure deformations.

    https://diffeomorphic.blogspot.com/p/morphs-section-version-16.html

    By

    Padone Padone March 2022 in Blender Discussion
  • Diffeo vs FBX when to switch

    As for diffeomorphic, I see there's a minor caveat with the cookie rig because daz studio can't keep dforms when converting to general weight. This may apply to other legacy figures too if they use dforms so I'm reporting here a easy workaround. Basically you export the figure converted to prop and use it as shapekey in blender.

    in daz studio:

    1. make a copy of the figure and convert to prop (edit > figure > rigging > convert to prop)
    2. convert the figure materials to uber (select the materials and apply the uber shader)
    3. convert the figure rig to general weight (edit > figure > rigging > convert to weight mapping), here you will lose the dforms
    4. export to blender

    in blender:

    1. import the figure
    2. use the prop as shapekey for the figure (shape keys panel > menu > join as shapes)

    Below we see the cookie eyes that pop out when converting to general weight in daz studio because they lose the dform. Then the result in blender after applying the prop as shapekey.

     

    edit. You can also convert the dform to a morph in daz studio using the dform panel, that's probably easier. This way you don't need the prop. Please note that for cookie the dform is used to animate the eyes, so it's not only for deformation but for animation too. In this case in blender you can animate the eye texture instead, that's a easy workaround.

    By

    Padone Padone March 2022 in Blender Discussion
  • Diffeo vs FBX when to switch
    juvesatriani said:

    @Wolf359 @Padone @Nonesuch00 Thanks for information. I`ll try each technique to see which handy for different scenarios . 

    One thing I need to know more about Hybrid/Frankestein method and how to export correctly without double mesh or skeleton rig .

    I.E  I`m using Chip /Cookie /Gumdrop head in G8 body . In Daz Studio I can easily hide body parts I dont need it .

    Exporting in OBJ format definetly can help making those hybrib to be one mesh , but the rig will be lost right ? With Mixamo I can easily give them new rig but thats mean I cannot import G8 pose anymore .

    Fortunately there is Mixamo Control Add on for blender so that will make easy for me to pose and animate those hybrid .

    So I want to know if using FBX exporter I can ignore invisible body parts like G8 Head but keeping rig in another body part ? Or maybe there are another solution for my case ? Like Modifying Cloth to fit the original /non hybrid Cookie -Chip -Gumdrop models or doing frankenstein in Blender ?

    Ohh I need to mention that main reason I`m doing hybrid so I can accessing G3-G8 Wardrobe library

    Thanks again guys 

     

    That Mixamo control rig add-on only works with Characters that have been uploaded/re-rigged with a mixamo skeleton Just FYI

    By

    wolf359 wolf359 March 2022 in Blender Discussion
  • How to trim the grass?

    Richard Haseltine said:

    The Geoemtry eduitor in marquee selection mode would be the thing I used to edit the grasas, if there are no built-in options.

    I'm not sure about the FBX issue - could you not use OBJ for this?

    Yes, maybe. If not I'll import the obj to Blender and join them.

    By

    nonesuch00 nonesuch00 March 2022 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • DAZ and world creator?

    Hi,

    I gave it a quck try. You can export the mesh as .obj (and some other formats) in WC and import it in DAZ studio. But out of the box there are no materials in the obj. Hence you would have to do everything in DAZ but the you'd miss the point of WC which is biomes and all that. You can work fluidly with 1024x1024 (1M faces) but it doesn't look good in the nearfield. So you would need a very high mesh resolution to make it look good in the foreground and the DAZ starts to struggle. DAZ simply isn't made for things as such. FBX didn't work and Collada same like .obj

    I'm waiting for years for WC to become an all in one solution for proper landscape creation, but it's simply come not that far yet. They set their emphasis on gorgeous looking and physically correct erosion patterns, and thats ok since thats their niche. Also It's becoming pretty expensive. On their website they started to sell material assets for roughly 50$ + their maintenence plan 170$ p.a. I wonder what it will cost if they add a whole packages with trees etc. like you can buy it in UE or Unity. So I'm not sure I'll continue my way with them. However I have to admit that I'm not an expert in WC and probably invested not enough time in finding out all the features.

    For me the workflow probably will be: create a nice terrain in WC, populate it with plants in Unreal Engine and create a HDRI or background planes. The foreground I create in DAZ, since there has to be proper interaction with figures (shadows, reflections ...). Im still not that far but I'm working on it.

    You could also check out NDunes which looks promising but seems not to have made any progress for over a year.

    If somebody else reads along who is into this I would be interested in some experiences.

    By

    P302 P302 March 2022 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Diffeo vs FBX when to switch

    @juvesatriani As for diffeomorphic it will correctly import hidden nodes. So you'll get the same as daz studio.

    By

    Padone Padone March 2022 in Blender Discussion
  • Diffeo vs FBX when to switch

    @Wolf359 @Padone @Nonesuch00 Thanks for information. I`ll try each technique to see which handy for different scenarios . 

    One thing I need to know more about Hybrid/Frankestein method and how to export correctly without double mesh or skeleton rig .

    I.E  I`m using Chip /Cookie /Gumdrop head in G8 body . In Daz Studio I can easily hide body parts I dont need it .

    Exporting in OBJ format definetly can help making those hybrib to be one mesh , but the rig will be lost right ? With Mixamo I can easily give them new rig but thats mean I cannot import G8 pose anymore .

    Fortunately there is Mixamo Control Add on for blender so that will make easy for me to pose and animate those hybrid .

    So I want to know if using FBX exporter I can ignore invisible body parts like G8 Head but keeping rig in another body part ? Or maybe there are another solution for my case ? Like Modifying Cloth to fit the original /non hybrid Cookie -Chip -Gumdrop models or doing frankenstein in Blender ?

    Ohh I need to mention that main reason I`m doing hybrid so I can accessing G3-G8 Wardrobe library

    Thanks again guys 

     

    By

    juvesatriani juvesatriani March 2022 in Blender Discussion
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.