• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Maya 2022 DaztoMaya 1.8 - "Nothing to import" error

    vbqgyy_1dca8656f4 said:

    got the same problem: "Oops! - Nothing to import". 

    then

    open myDocuments\maya\modules\DazToMaya\scripts\d2m.py (open with notepad2) 

    then change the code in line 2380: change the path at your file location

        daz_file_path = os.path.abspath(r"C:\Users\XXX\Documents\DAZ 3D\Bridges\Daz To Maya\Exports\FIG\FIG0\B_FIG.fbx")

    save the file 

    problem solved

    Fixed! This soved the problem. I set my documets folder on another drive, I changed the daz_file_path to the correct location and it imported.

    By

    dpressler dpressler March 2022 in Maya Discussion
  • UltraSceneryXT - large terrain/landscape generator

    alexhcowley said:

    memcneil70 said:

    I will try, but Daz Connect is offline. I hate it. It has caused both of my Win 10 computers major problems and years of extra work and no fun for me. I had seen that Iray GeoLocator line before, but since Iray doesn't work on Mac's, not sure what affect it can have.

    Getting rid of the scene file is easy.

    Iray doesn't work on Macs?  As far as I am aware it will run on the Intel Macs but, since Apple fell out with Nvidia, it will take hours to render.

    Cheers,

    Alex.  

    Well it does, on CPU, right?

    I checked my Geolocator plug-in and it showed green on the chart. But I deleted it in DIM and deleted the file, then redownloaded it and reinstalled it and updated the metadata. I then reopened D|S 4.20.0.2 and looked at the log file. And the error remains. I just opened up one of my Win 10 computers and that line appears with that error on line 227 as well. And to my knowledge, it has not given me grief on previous renders. 

    I will freely admit I am hopeless at reading the error log, not only for its small size but also for its language. But, I also notices a series of errors on something given as '.../pluginsource/DzIrayRender... and not seeing a path ... due to error -2' (I really need to open the forum on the computer I have the issue on!)

    I want to note that the installment of USXT does not cause D|S to not load on the Win 10 computers, and they have these same errors.

    To be honest, the log so often shows so many errors due to morphs/character/eyelashes... that I tend to ignore the whole thing as a waste of my time, since it will refer to something I don't have installed and is not a required product. And I have tried to track down duplicate IDs and stuff.

    I really appreciate any help I can get. This is so far above my pay grade I am at a dead loss.

    Mary

    By

    memcneil70 memcneil70 March 2022 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • New! Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 14

    Short review of "Cloth Helper for Genesis 8 Male" and "Cloth Helper for Genesis 8 Female" by biala, discounted by 70% now on Renderosity.

    I'm writing this review after experimenting with these products for only a short time, and as someone who knows basically nothing about DAZ content creation, rigging, transfer utility, importing and exporting, and all that.

     

    The Cloth Helper appears to be a kind of invisible figure that mimicks the Genesis 8 figure. It works on G8.1 as well.

    Load the Cloth Helper onto your G8. As you change the pose and shape of your G8, the Cloth Helper automatically morphs and moves with it.

    I made the Cloth Helper visible for these screen shots, but it's invisible by default:

     

    There's a user manual. It's written in broken English and the various steps are explained out of order - the thing that you have to do first is explained last for some reason. Never the less, I was able to figure it out without too much trouble.

    Basically, you load the problematic garment into the scene, export it as an OBJ, import it again. Then something something Transfer Utility, this part is explained well enough. Now the garment is fitted to the Cloth Helper (which is invisible, and follows the movements and shapes of your G8)

    Here's the thong from Xandra for Genesis, autofitted to G8.1M:

     

    Here is the result after using Cloth Helper:

    Pretty good, I'd say.

     

    Here's Aeon Soul's AlphaKini for G3F, autofitted to G8.1M:

     

    Here is the result after using Cloth Helper:

     

    Here is the result after using Cloth Helper, with Mesh Smoothing applied:

     

    Not as successful, but still an improvement.

    The presentation and attention to detail of this product definitely leaves something to be desired. But it seems to help with some of the "funky crotch" issues, even if it doesn't seem to always solve them.

    By

    Hylas Hylas March 2022 in Art Studio
  • Ultra SceneryXT - Expansive Landscape System don´t work

    Hello together,

    some days ago i bought Ultra SceneryXT - Expansive Landscape System by HowieFarkes from which i allready bought every Ultra Scenery part. Till now every product always everytime worked perfectly, but now it´s the first product from Howiefarkes which won´t work ! Well first i thought, it would be my fault, because i install everything manually and then Re - Import the Metadata and Process Metadate Queue. It´s because my Daz3D stuff, together with many things from Renderosity, are on 4 different hard drives.

    So very long i didn´t understand how to split install or better how to install products to different harddrives where i have my Daz3D Content Directories with Daz Install Manager. 

    Anayway i manually deinstalled the Ultra SceneryXT - Expansive Landscape System again and then used the Daz Install Manager. Unfortunally that didn´t also work. So i deinstalled all products from Ultra Scenery and installed them by Daz Install Manager again. While everything else is working, the new Ultra SceneryXT still isn´t !

    2022-03-22 10:58:07.527 [INFO] :: Locking viewport redraw...
    2022-03-22 10:58:07.527 [INFO] :: Viewport redraw locked.
    2022-03-22 10:58:07.601 [INFO] :: Native format content directories: 3
    2022-03-22 10:58:07.601 [INFO] :: Poser format content directories: 4
    2022-03-22 10:58:07.601 [INFO] :: Other import format content directories: 1
    2022-03-22 10:58:07.601 [INFO] :: Begin asset load (open): /Environments/Landscapes/UltraSceneryXT/Presets/USX Preset 01 Vernon.duf
    2022-03-22 10:58:07.999 [INFO] :: *** Scene Cleared ***
    2022-03-22 10:58:08.000 [INFO] :: Determining missing assets...
    2022-03-22 10:58:08.189 [WARNING] :: Invalid node selection for "preset_properties" type.
    2022-03-22 10:58:08.189 [INFO] :: Error loading asset: F:/My DAZ 3D Library Laufwerk F/environments/landscapes/ultrasceneryxt/presets/usx preset 01 vernon.duf
    2022-03-22 10:58:08.215 [INFO] ::     Operation failed
    2022-03-22 10:58:08.285 [INFO] :: Unlocking viewport redraw...
    2022-03-22 10:58:08.285 [INFO] :: Viewport redraw unlocked.   

    Does anyone have this problem too or could maybe help me with this problem ?

    Thanks in advance !

    By

    ulrichmschaefer ulrichmschaefer March 2022 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Hex Gallery

    Yes that would certainly look good, thanks, I will implement it. Sometimes there are blockages in building where you do not get further, such small discussions help.

    @ that you can import 2D paths into Hexagon with apps like Adobe Illustrator?

    No I didn't know that, do they have more info or videos on the subject. Would appreciate it.

     

    We have Z-Brush on the computer here, but haven't found time to try it yet.

    By

    Nova Nova March 2022 in Hexagon Discussion
  • Diffeomorphic DAZ Importer version 1.6.0 released

    highStrangeness said:

    What about transfering a shapekey with the HD mesh's shape to the base resolution mesh, with multires?

    When you import HD expressions or any HD morph they're already transferred to the base mesh. This is what the new morph system in 1.6 was for. But this is limited to the base mesh since multires doesn't support HD shapekeys. Again this is a limit with multires itself, not with diffeo.

    The alternative is to bake to displacement with the addon by Xin.

    https://diffeomorphic.blogspot.com/p/hd-meshes-version-16.html

    By

    Padone Padone March 2022 in Blender Discussion
  • Sylvan New Releases: Little Friends Insect Bundle [Commercial]

    Sylvan said:

    Hi Lorraine! I am glad you like the critters!
    As far as I know SBH (strand based hair) can't be rendered in 3DL :(
    I just tried exporting the bumblebee as an obj and then import it. That seems to work, except the textures don't behave well anymore.
    Sorry I don't have a better solution, I just did a few tests with 3DL but no luck!

    Hi Sylvan, thanks so much for trying, I really appreciate it.

     

    By

    Lorraine Lorraine March 2022 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • Hex Gallery
    Bruder Aural said:

    Thank you, I think I played too much with LEGO as a kid ^^

    But I think there are enough other artists here at DAZ who do their work well and better.

    I always wonder if they work with Hexagon.

    I am trying to build glass cases for the museum but I can't get out of the basic shape, if anyone has any ideas please post here or link.

     

    zbrush is a little rich for my budget. the tank looks futuristic. on the display cases you might try some compound curves that lathe to a circle or hex/octagon shape if you are wanting to get away from rectangular or square shapes. you know that you can import 2d paths into hexagon using apps like adobe illustrator? found a old project that needs fixing and finishing: the desk needs some attention and i think the telescope needs that chain

    By

    A3DLover A3DLover March 2022 in Hexagon Discussion
  • Sylvan New Releases: Little Friends Insect Bundle [Commercial]

    Hi Lorraine! I am glad you like the critters!
    As far as I know SBH (strand based hair) can't be rendered in 3DL :(
    I just tried exporting the bumblebee as an obj and then import it. That seems to work, except the textures don't behave well anymore.
    Sorry I don't have a better solution, I just did a few tests with 3DL but no luck!

    By

    Sylvan Sylvan March 2022 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • any news on the hd plugin?? :D

    there has been some great deals on G1&2 stuff lately too, I have almost given up on G3&8 now even with Misty's presets because the earlier figures are just so easy to animate and import BVH to using the Carrara plugin called DAZ studio too.

    By

    WendyLuvsCatz WendyLuvsCatz March 2022 in Carrara Discussion
  • Can't rename older Custom Categories?

    ManFriday said:

    Hi all! I ran into the same problem after installing Daz on a new computer and exporting and re-importing my content database with a lot of custom categories to organize my assets. All my custom categories were read-only. I couldn't find any solution and only found this post, so I took a look at the contents of the database.

    The table "tblCategories" in the CMS contains the category definitions. The "fldIsVendor" column marks if a category is considered vendor-defined; this is a boolean, and if it's true, the category is read-only in Daz Studio and cannot be renamed. There seems to be a bug with the database export or import in that the flag is not correctly exported or imported (haven't checked which).

    I'll also file a bug report about this.

    For now, here's how to fix this. PostgreSQL comes with a command-line interface that you can use to modify database contents, so for this you'll need to be comfortable with a command-line terminal. This can probably also be done with some database GUI but I'm not familiar with those as I find the terminal more convenient.

    BE VERY CAREFUL WHEN MESSING WITH THE DATABASE DIRECTLY, ONE TYPO CAN MESS UP A LOT OF DATA. Make a full database backup before attempting this.

    1. Make sure the PostgreSQL server is running, e.g. by starting Daz Studio and keeping it running in the background.
    2. Use the "psql.exe" client to connect to the database: open a terminal window, "cd" to the "bin" directory under the PostgreSQL directory (on my system, "C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\PostgreSQL CMS\bin".
    3. Verify with "dir" that there is a "psql.exe" in that directory.
    4. Type: "psql -p 17237 -U dzcms Content". This connects to the PostgreSQL server, which Daz configures to listen on port 17237 on localhost. "dzcms" is the user account, it exists only in the database and is not known to Windows. "Content" is the name of the database.
    5. You might get a warning about console codepages, we can ignore this for now as we'll only deal with ASCII characters.
    6. In SQL databases like Postgres, data is organized in tables with rows and columns. To change the read-only flag for a category, you need to know its row index. To find a category by name (without respect to case), type:
    7. select * from "tblCategories" where "fldCategoryName" ILIKE '%my favorite piece of clothing%';

      This doesn't modify anything yet, the SELECT statement in SQL is for looking at data only. The asterisk (*) means "print all columns of the matching rows", ILIKE is for case-insensitive searching, the percent (%) characters in the search strings are wildcards like "*" in DOS, meaning that there can be any leading or trailing characters. Use the double and single quotes exactly as above. SQL is old and sometimes bizarre, and PostgreSQL is also more picky than other SQL databases (table and column names use double quotes, strings use single quotes).

    8. This should print something like:

    9.  RecID | fldIsVendor | fldIsUnassigned | fldNewCount |     fldCategoryName           | fldCategoryParent
      -------+-------------+-----------------+-------------+-------------------------------+-------------------
         701 | t           | f               |           0 | My Favorite Piece Of Clothing |               585

      701 is the row index we're looking for. "fdIsVendor" is "t" for "true" here, so the row is read-only. We need to change it to "f" for "false":

    10. update "tblCategories" set "fldIsVendor" = 'f' where "RecID" = 701;

      Or, to change all child categories that have that same parent, use the number from the "fldCategoryParent" column, like:

    11.  update "tblCategories" set "fldIsVendor" = 'f' where "fldCategoryParent" = 585;

       

    DO NOT JUST COPY AND PASTE THE NUMBERS; THEY WILL BE DIFFERENT ON YOUR SYSTEM. You need to find out the row IDs on your system with the "select" statement first.

    Keep the terminal open, go back to Daz Studio, click on the "Categorize" menu item of any piece of clothing, and the category should be editable now. Daz seems to be reloading the list of categories from the database every time the dialog opens, but I guess clicking "Refresh" in the content library or smart content won't hurt either.

    Hope this helps!

    ManFriday

     

    Thank you very much!

    After I transfered all my content to a new PC (Windows11), all my categories became read-only. Fortunately I've enough knowledge in SQL ;-)

    BTW: This happend for the latest DAZ-Studio Version 4.20.0.2 and PostgreSQL 9.3.4 (I never had to upgrade from the old database)

    By

    peter_2762644 peter_2762644 March 2022 in The Commons
  • Diffeomorphic DAZ Importer version 1.6.0 released

    Padone said:

    You don't need the HD addon for that. Just export as HD from daz and you'll get the multires version. The HD addon by Xin is mainly intended to export HD normal maps for eevee.

    You find the docs in "test0.7z" as explained by Xin.

    https://bitbucket.org/Diffeomorphic/import_daz/issues/814/blender-addon-to-generate-rigged-hd-meshes

     

    Well, I know.  But I tend to have trouble when importing from Daz as usual, with the Diffeo importer.  There usually is some distortion in the mesh geometry.  Although I do know about the geometry mode export fix as suggested here:

     http://diffeomorphic.blogspot.com/2020/09/hd-meshes-and-geografts-revisited.html.

      If I don't use that method, the multires modifer will not generate on import, even if I have that option selected in the global settings for the importer.   Last night I tried to import my G8.1F figure doing it, and the script had problems with the Golden Palace geograft, as well, although the multires did generate on the body of the figure.  I'm going to try again here, and see if I can get it to work properly though.  Basically, the problems I had were the reason I wanted to try HD Morphs addon instead.

     

     

    By

    highStrangeness highStrangeness March 2022 in Blender Discussion
  • Diffeomorphic DAZ Importer version 1.6.0 released

    Speaking of importing Daz figures into Blender, I need some help with Xin's HD Morphs addon.  I have it installed, but... well, I don't know really know to use it.  I can't find useful information on how to get it working, on Diffeo's blogspot site.  There doesn't seem to be a step-by-step tutorial there, or at least I can't find it.

    Until recently I would just pose characters in Daz, import into Blender, set up textures, and render them, as is, without modifying the pose.  However I realized that's not the ideal method, and I've learned that it's possible to do just about everything inside Blender.  Worse, it's even less practical for me, as I'm primarily a Linux user, and keep Windows on a second SSD, dual-booting.  I'd prefer not to reboot and go back and forth between the OS's if I don't have to, anyway.  

    So, is there a good tutorial out there on how to use it? Preferably not video, all I need is a step-by-step instruction manual or something like it.

    Edit: I should clarify I'm trying to get an HD multires modifer onto my G8.1F, and then add shapekeys, then sculpt the multires to add details to the figure, to improve realism.  I'm trying to work towards more photorealistic renders here, and basically revamping my entire workflow, as I need to do more to get the results I desire.

    By

    highStrangeness highStrangeness March 2022 in Blender Discussion
  • Can't Insatl Gelatoo Lovers

    lou_harper said:

    zombietaggerung said:

    They're OBJ format, which means they will not show up in smart content. They have to be imported into your scene using the OBJ import options in DS. And I'm sure the textures will have to be applied manually.

    That is nuts! I expect something like that when I buy something from Turbosquid, but somethind sold in the DAZ store should load like all other products.

    That is unfortunately the way that product is. You can follow IceCrMn's instruction to save it out yourself, or if you bought it within 30 days you can return it and get your money back. If you are looking for ice cream props that are ready to use in DS, I would suggest looking on Renderosity, there are a few sets of ice cream props for DS available there.

    By

    zombietaggerung zombietaggerung March 2022 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Can't Insatl Gelatoo Lovers

    You only need to do it once if you save your work.
    Then you will have a prop you can import into any scene.
    If you make custom poses for characters to hold it, I would save those as also. :)

    Maybe even save it as a wearable preset.

    Not the only obj only product in the store, be careful and read the descriptions fully..
    No, all of the descriptions aren't as useful as they should be, but some are.
    In this case it actually says it's in obj format.
    Very handy if you want to use it in something other than DS as most other software can't use DS native format files.
    None that I can think of at the moment.

    By

    IceCrMn IceCrMn March 2022 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Can't Insatl Gelatoo Lovers

    zombietaggerung said:

    They're OBJ format, which means they will not show up in smart content. They have to be imported into your scene using the OBJ import options in DS. And I'm sure the textures will have to be applied manually.

    That is nuts! I expect something like that when I buy something from Turbosquid, but somethind sold in the DAZ store should load like all other products.

    By

    lou_harper lou_harper March 2022 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Working with design company -- need to export files for use with Maya


    I am working with a design company. I need to export my DAZ figures, scenes, props, and so on so that they can be used in Maya. I used the export command and saw that there were various folders created. I created a Dropbox link and sent it to the design company in the hopes that they can use those files to recreate my figures, scenes, props, and so on using Maya.

    Will that work? I am wondering if I need to have Maya installed on my machine to use the DAZ to Maya bridge? Is that correct? If so, Maya is way too expensive for me to buy just to do the export of the files. 

    As an alternative, could I use Blender to do the same thing, simply using the DAZ to Blender bridge to create the necessary output files and send a Dropbox link to the design company so that they can import the files into Maya.

    Will this work?

    What do the DAZ to Maya and DAZ to Blender bridges actually create? Do they take an entire scene and export it or do I have to export each object individually?

    By

    rnollman rnollman March 2022 in Maya Discussion
  • Model looks shattered when I sent it to Maya

    althorn said:

    I think I'm having the same problem here:

    https://ibb.co/9cMxD4p

    Tried deleting exports folder and changing import options, but it doesn't help. Can't find any documentation regarding import/export options either. This way I might as well give up on Daz and build characters from scratch - it'll save time and headache.

    I was looking for a fix for that and stumbled upon this thread. Now I've found a fix that worked for me. The solution was to select SubDivision Level 0 when using the bridge in DAZ. Anything above that, will turn it into a mess. You can just add subdivisions afterwards in Maya, via the Smooth Mesh option on the geometry itself. I hope this helps someone.

    By

    Evil-Sprite Evil-Sprite March 2022 in Maya Discussion
  • "Ps" files with duplicate content and no thumbnail appearing in Smart Content?

    robertswww said:

    Whiskeyjack said:

    @Spacious, tried updating metadata and they're still showing up.

    Seems I've found a solution though. Just browse to the Poser-duplicate in the content library, delete the product from there, and it vanishes from the smart conent library. The original Daz files all still load and work perfectly fine without them.

    @Whiskeyjack Yep, that's the proper way to remove bad entries in Smart Content... 

    Right-Click on the Product in Smart Content and Select “Show Product in Content Library”.  After a few moments, Daz Studio will show the product in the Products list of the Content Library.
    Right-Click on the title of the product and Select “Delete…”.  Click OK when the confirmation dialog appears.  The offending Smart Content for the product has been deleted, but not the product files.

    Since you are using DIM to install products into Daz Studio... If a product has 2 types available such as: Video Arcade Ds and Video Arcade Ps - Don't bother installing the Ps (Poser Version) as it's basically a duplicate of the Daz files for Poser users.

    Yeah, I was fairly certain I had made sure to hide Ps files in DIM so they wouldn't be downloaded, but I guess I must have misclicked something.

    Seems to be fixed now anyway. Thanks for the help!

    By

    Whiskeyjack Whiskeyjack March 2022 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Marketing Team Daz closing dozens of help requests

    Yesterday DIM had an update for Sakura 8. The readme said that the problem I had reported had been fixed. (This was one of the help requests I had to respond to to get it back open.) I thought, "Great, that was fast!". But when I installed the update, the problem was not fixed at all. It was a metadata issue, so I examined the nwely downloaded and installed metadata file. Sure enough, it contained exactly the same error. I had to respond again that it was not fixed. crying

    Edit: Daz QA has updated the metadata in the DIM package, but that change will not show up in my Daz Studio, in spite of uninstalling and reinstalling the product and updating metadata with Content DB Maintenance. I'm still hoping to get customer service help to resolve the problem with the update not taking effect.

    By

    barbult barbult March 2022 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.