• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • [Released] RSSY Hair Converter from Victoria 4 to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]

    I can't read the whole thread to see if my questions have already been answered. Too hard on my eyes if I try.

    I am considering buy this, since it is on sale right now, and wondered if this works on hair fits. There are hairs that are made for the opposite sex or a different version model and over time there have been many fits for V4 (also A4 and M4 etc) and wondered about these fits and this converter? Also I saw a post where someone used it on V3 hairs and it worked...is this correct?

     

    It converts the older Generation 4  Victoria Hairs and coverts them to fit Genesis8 Females ,and puts them in your Smart Content  ,you will have to manually convert the texture files though ,it's a great product

     

    By

    carrie58 carrie58 October 2019 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • Power Pose Question

    Never been a huge Power Pose user, but getting into it a bit more.  Recently upgraded to Studio 4.11.0.383 Pro X64.  My Power Pose tab does not look like the power pose tab I've seen in some YouTube videos.  Especially the head--it's missing all the expression controls--it still looks like the old PP tab.  I'm assuming there may be PowerPose templates that I have not downloaded at some point (since I never used PP before, I never cared).  Where do I get just the PowerPose templates for Victoria 8 (I think those may be what I am missing)?

    By

    Fragg1960 Fragg1960 October 2019 in The Commons
  • MimicMolly's Renders & WIPs

    A while back, someone was asking about the Martian Princess Base by Gareee. (And the Accessory Set.) I did this render with the base autofitted to G8F and the accessories parented because they got warped. I had to use a fabric shader with my own colors because I did not like how the original materials looked. As for the character, this is 100% Pretty3D's Pretty Base character, with the Kanade Hair, which actually looks like it's part of the outfit. I used Tara 2 HD's demon/evil skin with adjustments.

    By

    MimicMolly MimicMolly October 2019 in Art Studio
  • ZDG random Daz Studio discoveries and questions.

    despite some stuff in the works, I felt it was important to at least let others know that if you intend to use Matilda hair outside of Iray, don't, don't even bother getting it. It is a flaming landfill fire at best outside of Iray, and I have no clue if it renders at all on an 8GB graphics card or less with Iray (the scene without the hair is only 2.7GB in size, and 12GB with).

    The only way to not have the hair crash Daz Studio that I have found so far is to remove ALL of the opacity maps and convert what's left on the hair to the "daz default shader". that is about as bad as it gets. To add injury to insult, I can't even offer an error, crash report, or anything,  because, after about 20 minutes of the render showing atari pixels extremely slowly, daz studio just vanishes, no crash screen, no error window, nothing, just poof gone (back to empty desktop). That in combination with the stupendous wasteful excessive mesh layers in each surface zone of the hair raising the polycount to the point fiber mesh would be cheaper on memory usage, it just isn't worth the hassle.

    after a tad more digging, I'm not seeing any 5+ sided quads that will cause DS to just insta-disappear, so it isn't that. Looking at this, (  damn that's a lot of mesh no one will ever see. there is a max number of ray Reflections/Refractions the render engine will bother doing for each ray before giving up to prevent an "infinite loop") ...

    I can see what the PA was trying to do, it's just a tad pointless for a bob style that 4 layers plus a skullcap are all that's needed to look good. maybe a 5th for the outer most strays. a good example is Phoebe hair. As for Matilda hair crashing DS, I don't see anything 'technically' wrong with the mesh in Hexagon, so maybe this is just exceding some internal thing in DS that flakes out after something exceeds some limit of something.  I do have doubts about how much of this mesh, is actually doing anything for renders.

    Much of this is beyond pointless, it's like an exercise in wasting GPU memory for absurd amounts of mesh that will never be seen in a render. I know the practice is shunned in some circles, however, after seeing this, for once, I can totally understand how 'Muntzing' became a thing and how it was actually a good thing in some circumstances, like this hair.

    What if I try making my own opacity maps that are not practical not their maps, oh, nope, can't even get a UV map for it. (what the hell is a non-manifold edge I asked after seeing that, lol)

    The combo of the 2 errors (non-manifold edges, and Too many shells), hints that maybe there are multiple duplicates of faces on each quad-fiber, maybe a face for each side of the quad-fiber or duplicates of the entire mesh occupying the same XYZ space. I can't fix that not knowing and lacking the experience in how to re-rig and save a wearable asset, and the PC 'only' has 32GB of memory. ok, done, moving on, Matilda hair is a flaming landfill fire. At least Headus kicked an error code, unlike DS, lol. There are plenty of good geometry hair examples that DON'T crash programs, for example, to name a few.

    Left to right. gen6 Filippa hair on FW Eve (costume ZDG trance settings, AKA purple velvet and gloss), gen6 Phoebe hair on Phoebe (using the Vibrant color set for Phoebe hair), gen6 Wanda Hair (yes, goth black flower mats included) on CS (CJ now) Yumi, gen6 Janna hair on RS (RJ now) Clair, and in the background, gen6 Lala hair on gen8 Rs (RJ now) Salem.

    I have thought about this for a few days now, and I have decided I am removing this from my computer. It isn't worth my time trying to figure out what problems with this hair is crashing DS. I originally set out to get a simple UV map to use to make my own opacity map to try to solve the render issues. however the rathole of issues I discover just trying to get a UV map revealed the problems are far worse than bad opacity maps. And to be clear, this is nothing against the PA, I was a n00b at one time and still am on so many aspects of 3D, it's just that, "that hair" is a hot steaming pile of mistakes and errors. I want it out of my life, and I am moving on.

    By

    ZarconDeeGrissom ZarconDeeGrissom October 2019 in Art Studio
  • Carrara Challenge #49 - THE FORBIDDEN ZONE WIP (sponsored by DAZ :) Entries closed

    Super renders.  Love the liquid top to the copy machine.

     

    Here is a render  of another forbidden zone, the classic "lover's lane."  But what was forbidden?  A young lady's desire?  Her date's advances?  Parking in the lane itself?  This is the raw render.  I also rendered out various passes.  And, I can always drop this render back in Carrara's scene tab and apply some GMIC.  I'm sure you think that this is Vicky in a Prom Dress with a Date.  Well, this is Stephanie 6, not Victoria.  Like to mix it up.  In this case, mixing Stephanie 5 curvy with Stephanie 6.

     

    By

    Diomede Diomede October 2019 in Carrara Discussion
  • Teen Raven thoughts...


    my image before showed Summer with Raven dialed out to 0 as well. She was definitely made to enhance Raven.

    Did we need a Summer (minus Raven) image?

    Here's a quick one with Raven dialed out.

     

    Summer is made with 100 % percent Raven's head dialed in, not 50%- because I love Raven's head shape. :)

    It seems a lot of discussion around her is more or less about terminology?

    In response to the "at least she doesn't have 'slutty' clothes, I try not to use that term because it carries the connotation that revealing clothing is somehow bad and that people who wear such are bad- and I can't wait for the day when people aren't judged for the curves of their body and the clothes (or lack of) that they can choose to comfortably wear or not wear. Growing up I had to wear skirts and dresses because "proper" girls did so and only 'bad girls' wore pants and makeup. Ug. Of course, my last job REQUIRED makeup for ladies.... times change. do they ever. LOL. 
    Anyway, regardless of the "teen" terminology or not, I do think she looks younger, shape wise, than say, Victoria or Eva or a lot of others. I think names are simply inspirational, like "this is what she COULD be per our vision while making her."  A starting point. And if she looks 40 to some of you... well, I'm just going to say that if I look that bright-eyed and cute and a bit punky when I hit my 40s (nearer than I'd like!) I will be absolutely THRILLED.  :P Bring on the age-defying Daz character dials, stat! I need some elixer of youth. I could use a good bit of Raven dialed in... (don't I wish!!!!)

    I was curious about 0% Raven and 100% Sunny, because I don't want to buy the Raven figure base. It doesn't appeal to me at all, and I don't want miss out on Sunny because of it.
    Sunny at 0% is a slightly more youthful character and enhances Raven that's a given. The plus for Sunny: she has great skin, makeup and nails plus a no makeup option. Even though I can try to spin a few dials with base G8F, it won't be Sunny, but she's still a great character.

    By

    sapat sapat October 2019 in The Commons
  • lost content

    Victoria 4 itself would be in Poser Formats, in the folder isntalled to the Figures>Daz People (and Poser>Daz' Victoria 4 for the poses, morph injections, and materials)

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine October 2019 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • "Duplicate Formulas Found" is KILLING me!

    And here's a sample of what happens when I load in any other Genesis 8 female figure (like Victoria 8).  By the way this is still coming up even after I uninstalled the "VYK - Sad Sue" product via DIM.

    2019-10-04 08:37:57.090 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5995): Duplicate formula found linking xOrigin & Mouth Width Alt in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/vyktohria/VYK_Sad Sue for Genesis 3 Female/Mouth Width Alt.dsf.
    2019-10-04 08:37:57.090 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5996):     owner: Genesis8Female
    2019-10-04 08:37:57.091 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5997):     output: lNasolabialLower:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Genesis8Female.dsf#lNasolabialLower?center_point/x
    2019-10-04 08:37:57.097 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5998):     input: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/vyktohria/VYK_Sad%20Sue%20for%20Genesis%203%20Female/Mouth%20Width%20Alt.dsf#Mouth%20Width%20Alt?value
    2019-10-04 08:37:57.145 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5995): Duplicate formula found linking yOrigin & Mouth Width Alt in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/vyktohria/VYK_Sad Sue for Genesis 3 Female/Mouth Width Alt.dsf.
    2019-10-04 08:37:57.151 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5996):     owner: Genesis8Female
    2019-10-04 08:37:57.151 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5997):     output: lNasolabialLower:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Genesis8Female.dsf#lNasolabialLower?center_point/y
    2019-10-04 08:37:57.151 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5998):     input: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/vyktohria/VYK_Sad%20Sue%20for%20Genesis%203%20Female/Mouth%20Width%20Alt.dsf#Mouth%20Width%20Alt?value
    2019-10-04 08:37:57.206 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5995): Duplicate formula found linking zOrigin & Mouth Width Alt in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/vyktohria/VYK_Sad Sue for Genesis 3 Female/Mouth Width Alt.dsf.
    2019-10-04 08:37:57.206 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5996):     owner: Genesis8Female
    2019-10-04 08:37:57.206 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5997):     output: lNasolabialLower:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Genesis8Female.dsf#lNasolabialLower?center_point/z
    2019-10-04 08:37:57.212 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5998):     input: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/vyktohria/VYK_Sad%20Sue%20for%20Genesis%203%20Female/Mouth%20Width%20Alt.dsf#Mouth%20Width%20Alt?value
    2019-10-04 08:37:57.260 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5995): Duplicate formula found linking xEnd & Mouth Width Alt in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/vyktohria/VYK_Sad Sue for Genesis 3 Female/Mouth Width Alt.dsf.
    2019-10-04 08:37:57.267 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5996):     owner: Genesis8Female
    2019-10-04 08:37:57.267 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5997):     output: lNasolabialLower:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Genesis8Female.dsf#lNasolabialLower?end_point/x
    2019-10-04 08:37:57.267 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5998):     input: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/vyktohria/VYK_Sad%20Sue%20for%20Genesis%203%20Female/Mouth%20Width%20Alt.dsf#Mouth%20Width%20Alt?value
    2019-10-04 08:37:57.321 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5995): Duplicate formula found linking yEnd & Mouth Width Alt in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/vyktohria/VYK_Sad Sue for Genesis 3 Female/Mouth Width Alt.dsf.
    2019-10-04 08:37:57.321 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5996):     owner: Genesis8Female
    2019-10-04 08:37:57.321 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5997):     output: lNasolabialLower:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Genesis8Female.dsf#lNasolabialLower?end_point/y
    2019-10-04 08:37:57.327 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5998):     input: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/vyktohria/VYK_Sad%20Sue%20for%20Genesis%203%20Female/Mouth%20Width%20Alt.dsf#Mouth%20Width%20Alt?value
    2019-10-04 08:37:57.376 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5995): Duplicate formula found linking zEnd & Mouth Width Alt in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/vyktohria/VYK_Sad Sue for Genesis 3 Female/Mouth Width Alt.dsf.
    2019-10-04 08:37:57.383 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5996):     owner: Genesis8Female
    2019-10-04 08:37:57.383 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5997):     output: lNasolabialLower:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Genesis8Female.dsf#lNasolabialLower?end_point/z
    2019-10-04 08:37:57.383 WARNING: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5998):     input: Genesis8Female:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Morphs/vyktohria/VYK_Sad%20Sue%20for%20Genesis%203%20Female/Mouth%20Width%20Alt.dsf#Mouth%20Width%20Alt?value

    By

    draine761_c7a1098aa1 draine761_c7a1098aa1 October 2019 in The Commons
  • lost content

    That helped, I think I needed to look in categories. in daz studio formats something is still screwy. I don't have Victoria 4 and Victoria 8doesn't even have a folder.

    By

    dennisgray41 dennisgray41 October 2019 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Genesis 9 delayed until at least 2020. Will you be buying it?

    if you want to realase Genesis 9 make her morphs built in with her base figure , There is no need to make morph separate files zip .

    Who buy the genesis 9 without her Morphs .

    nobody, that's why the bases are free

    but I honestly think Victoria and Micheal pro should include the main morph packages instead of the other bundled crap they do enlightened

    most only buy them for the anatomical elements

    barely anyone buys them for the usually hideous outfits and silly poses that get tossed in

    By

    WendyLuvsCatz WendyLuvsCatz October 2019 in The Commons
  • Teen Raven thoughts...


    my image before showed Summer with Raven dialed out to 0 as well. She was definitely made to enhance Raven.

    Did we need a Summer (minus Raven) image?

    Here's a quick one with Raven dialed out.

     


     

    Summer is made with 100 % percent Raven's head dialed in, not 50%- because I love Raven's head shape. :)

    It seems a lot of discussion around her is more or less about terminology?

    In response to the "at least she doesn't have 'slutty' clothes, I try not to use that term because it carries the connotation that revealing clothing is somehow bad and that people who wear such are bad- and I can't wait for the day when people aren't judged for the curves of their body and the clothes (or lack of) that they can choose to comfortably wear or not wear. Growing up I had to wear skirts and dresses because "proper" girls did so and only 'bad girls' wore pants and makeup. Ug. Of course, my last job REQUIRED makeup for ladies.... times change. do they ever. LOL. 
    Anyway, regardless of the "teen" terminology or not, I do think she looks younger, shape wise, than say, Victoria or Eva or a lot of others. I think names are simply inspirational, like "this is what she COULD be per our vision while making her."  A starting point. And if she looks 40 to some of you... well, I'm just going to say that if I look that bright-eyed and cute and a bit punky when I hit my 40s (nearer than I'd like!) I will be absolutely THRILLED.  :P Bring on the age-defying Daz character dials, stat! I need some elixer of youth. I could use a good bit of Raven dialed in... (don't I wish!!!!)

    By

    DisparateDreamer DisparateDreamer October 2019 in The Commons
  • Teen Raven thoughts...

    I think Teen Raven and the others in this bundle are very pretty. I like that these new characters, adult or teen, have stopped looking all like slight variations of the 29 year old super model Victoria look or for teens, 10 - 14 year old children like Teen Josie 8. The look most people are calling all-encompassing teen is pre-teen to early teen. Yes, early teen is teen too but so is mid to late teen. Teen Raven looks like an average 15 - 29 year old female person, well if you exclude they are thinner and look taller (she's 5'6" so maybe it's the thinness then average look making an optical illusion) than average female 15 - 29 in the USA.

    They remind me of the teen singer genre when I was at university in the mid-to-late 80s & early 90s like Debby Gibson (17 with 1st big hit) & Tiffany (16 with 1st big hit) for example.

    By

    nonesuch00 nonesuch00 October 2019 in The Commons
  • What hair used on Analia product page images?

    Hi. What hair is used on Analia product page images?

    https://www.daz3d.com/fwsa-analia-hd-for-victoria-8

    By

    rav4 rav4 October 2019 in The Commons
  • DAZ women are too tall

    Genesis 8 Female by height :

    • Mrs Chow 8 - 5' 0" (152.7 cm)
    • Karyssa 8 - 5' 2" (158 cm)
    • Mika 8 - 5' 3.5" (161.29 cm)
    • Teen Jane 8 - 5' 4" (162.7 cm)
    • Mei Lin 8 - 5' 4" (163 cm)
    • Teen Josie 8 - 5' 5" (165 cm)
    • Gabriela 8 - 5' 5" (165.2 cm)
    • Sakura 8 - 5' 5" (166 cm)
    • Teen Raven 8 - 5' 6" (167.8 cm)
    • Stephanie 8 - 5' 6" (168 cm)
    • Teen Kaylee 8 - 5' 6" (168 cm)
    • Mabel 8 - 5' 6" (168 cm)
    • Edie 8 - 5' 6" (168 cm)
    • Bridget 8 - 5' 6" (168.1 cm)
    • Charlotte 8 - 5' 7" (170 cm)
    • Sydney 8 - 5' 7" (170.3 cm)
    • Aiko 8 - 5' 7" (171 cm)
    • Babina 8 - 5' 8" (173.0 cm)
    • Alexandra 8 - 5' 8" (173 cm)
    • The Girl 8 - 5' 8" (173 cm)
    • Olympia 8 - 5' 9" (175 cm)
    • Eva 8 - 5' 8" (175.3 cm)
    • Tika 8 - 5' 9" (175.6 cm)
    • Penny 8 - 5' 9" (176 cm)
    • Kala 8 - 5' 9" (177.1 cm)
    • Monique 8 - 5' 10" (178 cm)
    • Latonya 8 - 5' 10" (178 cm)
    • Ellithia 8 - 5' 10" (178.3 cm)
    • Kanade 8 - 5' 11" (179.9 cm)
    • Zelara 8 - 5' 11" (180 cm)
    • Gia 8 - 5' 11" (180 cm)
    • Victoria 8  - 6' 0" (183 cm)
    • Tasha 8 - 6' 0" (183.1 cm)

    By

    Noah LGP Noah LGP October 2019 in The Commons
  • Genesis 9 delayed until at least 2020. Will you be buying it?

    My concern with G9 is vendor/customer burnout. I look at my G8 resources, and even with me spending money like Richy Rich in a candy store, they pale in comparison with the resources I have for Victoria 4. There are only so many times a vendor is going to be willing to update a product to work with the latest generation and only so many times a long-time user is going to be willing to buy said updated product.

    By

    rrward rrward October 2019 in The Commons
  • Genesis 9 delayed until at least 2020. Will you be buying it?

    Well I for one do think that having more time for Genesis 8 is a good thing.  As I mentioned in another (now locked) thread, we are seeing more Diversity with the pro characters, as the two a month or so cadence for Pro characters encourages that at this point.  Sanjay and Kala being one example of that.

    The 'usual suspects' usually soak up the first few Pro slots, those being Vicky, Mike, etc. so the more obscure characters usually don't happen until later in the product cycle.  So a longer cycle helps with that.

    Also, as I mentioned before, we are already seeing a number of improvements being implemented via Daz Studio updates, such as the new hair and such, so we can do more now with Genesis 8 than we could back when Victoria 8 first came out.

    Plus, I hate having to buy new iterations of the various morph kits over and over.  It's a necessary evil, 'cuz I use a lot of the morphs, So a longer product cycle means that I can make do with the current gen morphs for longer.  I still use Genesis 3 more than 8, but am starting to use more of Genesis 8 now that I have a decent library of wardrobe for those characters.  I do use the older generations of characters as well, but not nearly as often.  Pre-Genesis though not much at all though, although I do port clothing forward to newer generations from the V3-V4 era a fair bit.

    I just wish I could get the Genesis 8 morphing pumps and boots from FistyandDarc to fit on my Genesis 3 characters without too much effort... I love those shoes!  Genesis 3 versions of those would be nice too, but I'm not holding my breath.  Changing from the 'T' pose to the 'A' pose, yeah I understand the reasoning for that, but it really messes with trying to autofit shoes from G8 to G3.  That generally doesn't go well for me.

    Back on point, though.  If Genesis 9 shows up in late 2020, or even 2021, yeah it won't hurt my feelings at all.

    By

    tj_1ca9500b tj_1ca9500b October 2019 in The Commons
  • How to create a kid in Daz who looks like their parents

    Okay, a potentially weird one: anyone have any tips/best practices on creating a character/figure in Daz who looks like a blending of two other characters? That is: say I wanted to create a character who looked like the child of Michael 8 and Victoria 8, is there any way I could do that without simply eye-balling it? 

    Obviously, it'd be easy enough to make a male figure who looked a little like Michael 8 by tweaking some sliders (or a female figure who looked like Victoria 8). But is there any way to make that male or female figure take on some of the characteristics of a parent who's of a different gender?

    By

    echristopherclark echristopherclark October 2019 in The Commons
  • What figure is in the martian Princess promos?

    I did a fit test some time ago on G3 or G8 (don't remember) and used iray metal and gem shaders on the non cloth peices. As mentioned previously, when using autofit, any hanging cloth or pieces that extend from the figure do not do well. I have picked up SY helper for V4 clothes, just haven't tested it with this outfit yet.

     

    Just curious, were you trying to "AutoFit" the paldrons and draping cape elements, thus resulting in problems?  Even for the intended figure, Victoria 4, Gareee cautioned that piece as well as the "crown" should be "parented" to the chest and head respectively, not "conformed".

    Sincerely,

    Bill

    By

    Redfern Redfern October 2019 in The Commons
  • Remember, "There's Always Another Sale™" (Report sales errors here.)


    Ok... so this sale and coupon probably had the opposite effect DAZ intended. Instead of making me feel thanked, it made me feel rushed and a little cheated. 
    I wanted 3 new releases, which made me eligible for the $30 in credit. I actually wanted 5 new releases. But if I got 5 new releases, I couldn't get ANY free items. I saw that small print after I posted the coupon here. 
    So, I had to dump two of the new items, getting 3 new items and PART of the total of the $30 in credit I wanted (I would have just taken one of the more expensive items, but I pretty much own all of those already). 
    As far as the UTC - 6 MDT... I guess it is back to Timezones for Dummies for me. Mea culpa. I just read it as 6 MDT. 
    It was like this sale was a disincentive to buying the new items. The best way to go would have been to buy discount legacy items - the Gen 3, 2, 1 and Victoria 4 stuff, get the discount on 5 of those items, and skip the new items and the new item discount. 
    It was really frustrating. It should have stacked. Up to 5 paid items (Free items do not count to cart toal). 
    I guess we're even for all the times I took advantage of DAZ when you were having glitches every evening. 
    :P 
    You still got my money. Just not as much as I thought I was going to spend. So... Win/Win, I guess. At least I got to support some of the PAs who put out work I like. 

     

    By

    donovancolbert donovancolbert October 2019 in The Commons
  • M4 Enhanced/Mina for M4 - No longer available in DAZ?

    M4 Enhanced???

    Enhanced how?

    Why?

    Where?

    I'm totally tweaked now - how did I miss this (when it was available)???

    I'm curious too, and I think I missed this one.  (It is a pity how difficult it can be to find info on older discontinued products and how they can vanish with their creators to never be seen again.  Myself I'm trying to find out who made the Chicken Raptor from the Desolation Earth stuff to see if maybe they might be able to sell a copy of it or if the licensing would be prohibitive in that regard.)

    Mina Enhanced was a female morph of M4. It was so you could have a female figure wearing M4 clothing without the work of manually fitting it to Vicky, or so my 3d art mentor told me. No autofit clones, you know. [Insert GIF of Bones McCoy's "Stone knives & bearskins" rant]

    (V4, and I think V3 as well, had a Male morph named Vincent. In those ancient times, when a new Victoria was released, it would be several months before the new Michael was, so Daz would release the Vincent morph so Latest Victoria wouldn't be lonely waiting on Latest Michael.

    By

    miladyderyni_173d399f47 miladyderyni_173d399f47 September 2019 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.