-
Celebrity Look-a-Likes for 3D figures Part 2
If you like Sangriarts stuff I would really recommend to pay his store a visit again quite soon. Oh, and todays Michelle HD reminds me on a certain "actress". Can't remember the name though. Must be kind of a total blackout ;-)
I agree, she looks familiar.
She also looks like a better version of Victoria 7, the Daz Original character. Maybe that's why she looks familiar to us.
Unless anyone can solve the mystery. :D
Sangriart is a she...
Michelle HD does look familiar...
Regards
S.Crop-Top for Genesis 8 Base and Kim Seohyun + 10 perfect-fit morphsFree CropTop for Genesis 3 Aiko7 Victoria 7 and Free Crop Top for Genesis 8 KimSeohyun https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts9/mcjg8croptop https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts9/mcjg3croptop
A crop-top for Genesis 3, Base, Aiko7, Victoria 7 with PerfectFit morphsFree CropTop for Genesis 3 Aiko7 Victoria 7 and Free Crop Top for Genesis 8 KimSeohyun https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts9/mcjg8croptop https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts9/mcjg3croptop
Mac OS Sierra and Carrara 8.5 ... Bad surpriseHello,
I took a little time before resuming this post because I had work.
Today, I opened the file sent by Brian again and ... I was scared !!!
I'm not good enough in English and bad at programming.
So, I believe that it is better to stay with software that bug rather than with software that does not work at all.
I installed the old Frameworks and I found again the scroll and some keyboard shortcuts that had disappeared.
So I will have to open with Carrara 7 files where the textures are missing to know what it is, then return to Carrara 8.5 for use with the right tools.
I must say that I am quite angry against Daz who takes users hostage. As they do not want to make this software open source, nor to make it evolve, they condemn a whole part of the users and this attitude is not glorious. You are shabby Daz, just good at producing long time Victoria # 42, Michel # 72, Genesis # 124 so that you can resell for the Xth time the bullfighter outfit, the sportwear, the adapted hairstyle, etc. ..
And you are stupid enough not to understand that you are missing out on a market because many Carrara users are ready to spend a lot of money to develop a software that says it, is efficient and only asks for to develop.
Here it is, my "rant" of the day, but I will not finish this post without thanking Tango Alpha for his advice and especially Brian who was kind enough to send me files and a manual (sorry Brian for not being up to par).
Thank you also to all of the community (I will not mention all the names) which makes resistance to the commercial machine by generously sharing tips and formative experiences.///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Bonjour,
j'ai mis un peu de temps avant de reprendre ce post car j'avais du travail.
Aujourd'hui, j'ai ouvert de nouveau le fichier envoyé par Brian et ... j'ai eu peur !!!
Je ne suis pas bon en anglais et nul en programmation.
Alors, je crois qu'il est préférable de rester avec un logiciel qui bug plutôt qu'avec un logiciel qui ne fonctionne pas du tout.
J'ai installé les anciens Frameworks et j'ai retrouvé le scroll et quelques raccourcis clavier qui avait disparus.
Je vais donc être obligé d'ouvrir avec Carrara 7 les fichiers où les textures sont manquantes afin de savoir de quoi il s'agit, puis revenir sur Carrara 8,5 pour les utiliser avec les bons outils.
Je dois dire que je suis assez encolère contre Daz qui prend en otage les utilisateurs. Comme ils ne veulent pas rendre ce logiciel open source, ni le faire évoluer, il condamnent toute une partie des utiisateurs et cette attitude n'est pas glorieuse. Vous êtes des minables Daz, juste bons à produire à longueur de temps des Victoria #42, des Michel #72, des Genesis #124 afin de pouvoir revendre pour la Xth fois la tenue de toréador, le sportwear, la coiffure adaptée, etc ...
Et vous êtes assez idiots pour ne pas comprendre que vous passez à coté d'un marché car beaucoup d'utilisateurs de Carrara sont prêt à dépenser pas mal d'argent pour faire évoluer un logiciel qui disont le, est performant et ne demande qu'à se développer.
Voilà, c'est mon "coup de gueule" de la journée, mais je ne terminerai pas ce post sans remercier Tango Alpha pour ses conseils et tout particulièrement Brian qui a eu la gentillesse de m'envoyer des fichiers et un mode d'emploi (déolé Brian de ne pas avoir été à la hauteur).
Merci aussi à l'ensemble de la communeauté (je ne vais pas citer tout les noms) qui fait de la résistance face à la machine commerciale en partageant généreusement des astuces et expèriences formatrices.Celebrity Look-a-Likes for 3D figures Part 2If you like Sangriarts stuff I would really recommend to pay his store a visit again quite soon. Oh, and todays Michelle HD reminds me on a certain "actress". Can't remember the name though. Must be kind of a total blackout ;-)
I agree, she looks familiar.
She also looks like a better version of Victoria 7, the Daz Original character. Maybe that's why she looks familiar to us.
Unless anyone can solve the mystery. :D
dForce Classic Long Wavy Hair material application problemI just tried this and it didn't work. Though I do not get the same error, and in the surfaces settings pane it appears that the materials are applied, the visual representation of the hair itself does not change, and when rendered the hair does not render with the material I set. Have you tried your suggestion with this product yourself?
You could load Genesis 8 female, parent the hair to it, and apply the presests then save regular Materials Presets and use those instead.
Have you opened the hair node hierarchy?
It consists of a bunch of Geoshells and you have to apply materials to each Geoshell for hair, and for the addon with it's geoshells.
Had this hair applied to Babina and Victoria (Both G8) and the H-Mats applied fine when Babina was selected and no hair. All the Geoshells are then updated. With so many Mat layers to update, Linday's providing H-Mats is very efficient and nice.
Tennessee for G8MI picked up Tennessee straight away and have big plans for him. The mix-value with other characters is worth far more than the cost of this character.
Who says there are no native figures for Genensis 8??! (Hint: Search "Native" on the DAZ website.)
https://www.daz3d.com/sequoia-for-genesis-8-female
https://www.daz3d.com/qx-chooli-for-eva-8
https://www.daz3d.com/phx-ohanzi-for-genesis-8-male
https://www.daz3d.com/ej-ethnic-male-beauty-for-genesis-8-male
https://www.daz3d.com/hp-uki-for-genesis-8-female
https://www.daz3d.com/nuka-for-genesis-8-female
https://www.daz3d.com/ej-ethnic-beauties-for-genesis-8-female-s
https://www.daz3d.com/ultimate-make-up-tribal-for-genesis-8-female
And don't forget these, they are Genesis 3 and can be converted, but at least they ar not Michael 4 or Vickie 4!
https://www.daz3d.com/anicinabe-for-genesis-3-female
https://www.daz3d.com/anna-hd-for-victoria-7
https://www.daz3d.com/anicinabe-for-genesis-3-male
https://www.daz3d.com/awan-hd-for-michael-7Older:
https://www.daz3d.com/fwsa-wachiwi-and-aiyana-bundle
https://www.daz3d.com/wachiwi-s-finery-for-genesis-2-female-s
https://www.daz3d.com/western-gearThe problem I see with most of these is that they look nothing "native" OR even realistic (most are stylized characters...not that there's anything wrong with that). For folks that want more authentic Native American morphs those aren't an option.
Exactly. Most of those characters look as much like actual native Americans as Disney’s Pocahontas did. The female figures especially look, at best, generically “ethnic”. Arguably the best native-styled female figure, Xochil, doesn’t even come up in a search for “native”.
I may be wrong, but I'm assuming the PAs who made these based them on photos of real Native Americans, did their research and did not just make up these characters from their imagination. I would give them a little credit. Nobody from any ethnicity looks exactly like anyone else, there is variety in any ethnicity and it bothers me when people say a character doesn't look Black, or Hispanic or Native American or whatever. People are human, not clones, and genes can do interesting things! Often people in the same family do not even have the same traits, let alone an entire ethnicity!
Tennessee for G8MI picked up Tennessee straight away and have big plans for him. The mix-value with other characters is worth far more than the cost of this character.
Who says there are no native figures for Genensis 8??! (Hint: Search "Native" on the DAZ website.)
https://www.daz3d.com/sequoia-for-genesis-8-female
https://www.daz3d.com/qx-chooli-for-eva-8
https://www.daz3d.com/phx-ohanzi-for-genesis-8-male
https://www.daz3d.com/ej-ethnic-male-beauty-for-genesis-8-male
https://www.daz3d.com/hp-uki-for-genesis-8-female
https://www.daz3d.com/nuka-for-genesis-8-female
https://www.daz3d.com/ej-ethnic-beauties-for-genesis-8-female-s
https://www.daz3d.com/ultimate-make-up-tribal-for-genesis-8-female
And don't forget these, they are Genesis 3 and can be converted, but at least they ar not Michael 4 or Vickie 4!
https://www.daz3d.com/anicinabe-for-genesis-3-female
https://www.daz3d.com/anna-hd-for-victoria-7
https://www.daz3d.com/anicinabe-for-genesis-3-male
https://www.daz3d.com/awan-hd-for-michael-7Older:
https://www.daz3d.com/fwsa-wachiwi-and-aiyana-bundle
https://www.daz3d.com/wachiwi-s-finery-for-genesis-2-female-s
https://www.daz3d.com/western-gearThe problem I see with most of these is that they look nothing "native" OR even realistic (most are stylized characters...not that there's anything wrong with that). For folks that want more authentic Native American morphs those aren't an option.
Exactly. Most of those characters look as much like actual native Americans as Disney’s Pocahontas did. The female figures especially look, at best, generically “ethnic”. Arguably the best native-styled female figure, Xochil, doesn’t even come up in a search for “native”.
Trouble is some people are expecting them to all look like they was run off a xerox machine but they weren't and can look quite different. There are certain traits that are unique to certain populations but those unique traits aren't distributed to 100% of the people in those populations at any rate.
Tennessee for G8MI picked up Tennessee straight away and have big plans for him. The mix-value with other characters is worth far more than the cost of this character.
Who says there are no native figures for Genensis 8??! (Hint: Search "Native" on the DAZ website.)
https://www.daz3d.com/sequoia-for-genesis-8-female
https://www.daz3d.com/qx-chooli-for-eva-8
https://www.daz3d.com/phx-ohanzi-for-genesis-8-male
https://www.daz3d.com/ej-ethnic-male-beauty-for-genesis-8-male
https://www.daz3d.com/hp-uki-for-genesis-8-female
https://www.daz3d.com/nuka-for-genesis-8-female
https://www.daz3d.com/ej-ethnic-beauties-for-genesis-8-female-s
https://www.daz3d.com/ultimate-make-up-tribal-for-genesis-8-female
And don't forget these, they are Genesis 3 and can be converted, but at least they ar not Michael 4 or Vickie 4!
https://www.daz3d.com/anicinabe-for-genesis-3-female
https://www.daz3d.com/anna-hd-for-victoria-7
https://www.daz3d.com/anicinabe-for-genesis-3-male
https://www.daz3d.com/awan-hd-for-michael-7Older:
https://www.daz3d.com/fwsa-wachiwi-and-aiyana-bundle
https://www.daz3d.com/wachiwi-s-finery-for-genesis-2-female-s
https://www.daz3d.com/western-gearThe problem I see with most of these is that they look nothing "native" OR even realistic (most are stylized characters...not that there's anything wrong with that). For folks that want more authentic Native American morphs those aren't an option.
Exactly. Most of those characters look as much like actual native Americans as Disney’s Pocahontas did. The female figures especially look, at best, generically “ethnic”. Arguably the best native-styled female figure, Xochil, doesn’t even come up in a search for “native”.
Crop-Top for Genesis 8 Base and Kim Seohyun + 10 perfect-fit morphsLINK: https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts9/mcjg8croptop
note for Genesis 3 / Victoria 7 / Aiko 7 it's https://sites.google.com/site/mcasualsdazscripts9/mcjg3croptop
Introduction
A crop-top for Genesis 8, Base, Kim Seohyun
The crop top looks about OK when fitted on Genesis 8, but looks distorted when you resize the breasts
i supply 10 fix-morphs to get a perfect fit with different breast settings




AR characters- 3d renders mixed with Real Puppet/Model/RobotHere's my latest vid. It's sort of a Visual Novel Concept. It uses the Daz Victoria 7 head with some android hands and legs I made in blender.
V8 (and others) texture improvement discussionSome personal thoughts on the examples in my large G3 comparison above. Let me know what you think if you have time.
Bethany 7 is a decent texture, lip specular needs fixing though.
Ceridwen's eyes are really detailed, but the skin could probably benefit from better SSS and maybe some Skin Builder details.
Disappointing how similar Elisse and Hannah are, I do like Elisse's face morph though.
Joline has some nice details, but I have no idea what's going on with her nose. Crazy normals or intentional?
I like Lien's eyelashes and it's a pretty good Asian morph too.
Marianne is a good very pale texture, but those starburst eyelashes may have to go. ;)
I think Olympia looks too pink by default, but I really need to check and see if she has a custom SSS map that lets more light in on the ears, hands, and such than on thick skin. That could be very useful on other characters.
Tara has good eyes, need to try the other colors.
Are Victoria 7's earlobes supposed to be that crinkly?G3 male renders are done (I only have a few of them), working on G8 male renders now)
Tennessee for G8MI picked up Tennessee straight away and have big plans for him. The mix-value with other characters is worth far more than the cost of this character.
Who says there are no native figures for Genensis 8??! (Hint: Search "Native" on the DAZ website.)
https://www.daz3d.com/sequoia-for-genesis-8-female
https://www.daz3d.com/qx-chooli-for-eva-8
https://www.daz3d.com/phx-ohanzi-for-genesis-8-male
https://www.daz3d.com/ej-ethnic-male-beauty-for-genesis-8-male
https://www.daz3d.com/hp-uki-for-genesis-8-female
https://www.daz3d.com/nuka-for-genesis-8-female
https://www.daz3d.com/ej-ethnic-beauties-for-genesis-8-female-s
https://www.daz3d.com/ultimate-make-up-tribal-for-genesis-8-female
And don't forget these, they are Genesis 3 and can be converted, but at least they ar not Michael 4 or Vickie 4!
https://www.daz3d.com/anicinabe-for-genesis-3-female
https://www.daz3d.com/anna-hd-for-victoria-7
https://www.daz3d.com/anicinabe-for-genesis-3-male
https://www.daz3d.com/awan-hd-for-michael-7Older:
https://www.daz3d.com/fwsa-wachiwi-and-aiyana-bundle
https://www.daz3d.com/wachiwi-s-finery-for-genesis-2-female-s
https://www.daz3d.com/western-gearThe problem I see with most of these is that they look nothing "native" OR even realistic (most are stylized characters...not that there's anything wrong with that). For folks that want more authentic Native American morphs those aren't an option. Tennessee fits the bill tho, and Rawart has one that's pretty nice. For a female, Saiyanness' Benita can be morphed to look quite realistic for a native american since she's half the way there already. I used her in an image I did of a Native American woman.
Laurie
Which Character is This?Osuine G8F by Sangriart sold at the other store (R). IRL she's Jenna Coleman who played Clara in Dr. Who (and is in Victoria, etc.)
Using GenX2 to transfer V4 Poses?@Lindsey woould you mind posting your step to convert presets? I have had little success in using the GenX preset tab
Thanks
I have to admit I've only use the pose converter a long time ago just to try it out and at that time it worked on a set of Freak 4 expressions. At that time I had all of my content installed with DIM and the conversion worked. Now that I have DAZ content installed with DAZ Connect with the exceptions of a few Gen4 products such as Victoria 4 Creature creator morphs with were installed with DIM. I received errors it was looking for morphs which are probably in my DAZ Connect folders. A few did work so I'll give you the steps I used to convert the expression morphs that came with the Girl 4 pro bundle.
1. On the GenX2 pane/tab, and click the Presets tab.
2. Click on the Add Pose button and drill down to a Gen 4 folder with expression presets, in this example I used Girl 4 expressions that came with the Girl 4 Pro Bundle. To load all of the files in the folder, select the first .fc preset, hold the shift key down and select the last .fc preset. Click on the Open button to load the presets into GenX2.
3. Shape: Select Victoria 4 from the drop down list
4. Target: Select the Genesis figure to transfer the expressions to. I used Genesis.
5. Preset Folder: Click on the Path button and select a folder to save the converted expressions. You can create folder(s) on the fly if needed. In this example I wanted the save poses to go to E:/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/People/Genesis 1 Female/Expressions/Converted Expressions/Girl 4/DAZ's Girl 4/
6. Translate: Click on the items to transfer. I select all three choices, just because.. ha! Morphs, Scalings, Eye Transforms.
7. Click the Translate Button to transfer the expression presets.
You should see generated .duf presets with icons in the folder selected in Step 5. As previously mentioned GenX2 did throw out error messages looking for Victoria 4 morphs on my system, but some of the converted expression presets worked. I'm pretty sure if all of my DAZ content was installed with DIM, I wouldn't have received error messages.
I've attached a pic of applying Girl 4 (left) expression 13 on 3DU Jasmin for Genesis (right).
Buy Something That Doesn't Work in Carrara? Post your Questions and Workarounds here. (please)Thanks Wendy, that was very clear.
Yikes! I had no idea that some of my Carrara hair products would be restricted to a particular figure. :(
Is there any reasonable workaround?
Well... no. Not reasonable. You see, the "Grow Regions" are specific to a mesh. So, for example, if the ReadMe says to drag the hair directly onto the Model line of Victoria 4, then the Grow Region was painted onto V4 somewhere (in this case the scalp of the head).
I have several hair prop products for either V3 or 4 or Michael, whatever, that came with prop or conforming hair to complete the look of the hair. Lilsure Hair, by Aery Soul for example comes with a hair cap scalp. I use that as the mesh that I grow my hair on. Being a simple prop, I am able to model it within the Assemble room to make it fit the proportions of my Genesis 1 actress. The cool part about doing it this way is that I can store this in my browser and add it to anything that I can reshape that hair cap to, and the hair cap also makes sure that we don't see patches of skin through the hair during extreme animations.
[Released] Props & Poses Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]Ahhhhh! Got it!
I forgot to look at the date LOL!

Thank you! This is an awesome script!!!!
Is it possible to do it for earlier versions? I don't mean will you do one, but whether it's possible to do it or if it really only works well for G3 -> G8.
Great, thank you!
Does the saved file have a particular name? or is the same as the original character?
well, no, that won't work, it would overwrite the original, yeah? I've got three files in that folder for this particular character, but not sure which ones I created.
Gosh, you were quick! LOL Thank you!
I edited it to add a third question:
3. With the "hide eyes" option - which is mentioned in the manual as giving better results - does that mean the eyes of the G3F character do not transfer over at all? So eyes that are a different shape - not extreme, but say, eyes like Mei Lin 7 - won't transfer at all?
I couldn't find a thread for your "Character Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female" so I'll just ask here, and if there is a thread, then I'll delete and post it there....
just picked this one up tonight and have only had a very very quick play with it but I have two questions:
1. Is the "convert scene character" used for when you don't have a full character preset, and the character is a "apply Jane's body morph.duf" and "apply Jane's head morph.duf" deal, whereas the main converter is when you have the full character preset?
2. Will this do any expressions? (for instance, an expression pack such as "Victoria 7 Attitude Expressions") If so, is that "convert scene character"?
1. Yes, "Convert Scene Character" is for when you have created a character in the scene and applied all the morphs (weight, fitness, etc) to it
2. If the expressions are morph and they have been applied to the character, I *think* it will do it. I haven't tried it.
3. No, this refers to an option in the conversion process that Sickleyield had defined. The 2 processes the script uses are similar but can give different results, especially around the eyes.
Bonus answer: Yes, it is in data/Daz 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/VENDOR/PRODUCT where the root directory is defined as the first directory under Daz formats in the Content manager.
You created all of them with the script (check the creation dates). The original morphs live in My Daz 3D Library.
You're welcome! I have done tests for G2F->G8F. It works but doesn't seem to do as good a job as with G3. For one thing, the materials are hopeless.
Z Expecting - Pregnancy Preset and Poses for Genesis 3 and 8It's not the Victoria 7 Pro Bundle you need for the morph, it's https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-7-female-body-morphs
Thank you - I edited the link correctly when checking it, but then did it wrong when posting, mea culpa.
Z Expecting - Pregnancy Preset and Poses for Genesis 3 and 8It's not the Victoria 7 Pro Bundle you need for the morph, it's https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-7-female-body-morphs
Z Expecting - Pregnancy Preset and Poses for Genesis 3 and 8It's not the Victoria 7 Pro Bundle you need for the morph, it's https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-7-female-body-morphs
Genesis 7 ??? you know something we don't lol ... anyhow that's 404, here's the link I think you meant:














