-
Fibermesh Eyebrows, how to remove the "paint"?
@smaker1, thank you for replying. However, I am using the "no eyebrows" mat, with the Jenni 8 eyebrow "attachment".
@Richard Hasetine, thank you for replying. Since the eyebrows I've tried came with Jenni 8 (no eyebrow mat), Victoria 8 and a separate product, Luxe Eyelashes and Eyebrows, they are a separate 'prop' to accept the materials from each product, Jenni 8, Victoria 8 and the Luxe.
The preview looks great with the individual hairs showing against the skin, but in render, it's the solid shape with no skin showing through the hairs. I also tried Victoria 8 eyebrow attachment, and Luxe eyebrows. Since they all render without distinct hairs, I guessed that's something to do with the surface settings. Thank you for the post render suggestions. It may come to that.
Can't buy Frida CharacterI was able to get to the product page by a line on the bundle page. Here is the link for her. https://www.daz3d.com/ry-frida-for-victoria-8
Weird. Even that link just took me to the front page, but then I tried it again, and it worked.
Can't buy Frida CharacterI was able to get to the product page by a line on the bundle page. Here is the link for her. https://www.daz3d.com/ry-frida-for-victoria-8
XTransfer Module 1- Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Morph Converter (Commercial)Can I see this bone rigging? As well as the dialed morph causing it. Thanks
I used different morphs this time for comparison. i.e: Victoria 8, Mei Lin 7, Gia 6. The problem comes from any GenX2 (right figure) morphs. When posed, the shoulders start to move into the body, while the bones for the base of the feet gets pulled almost all the way out. Olympia 6 on Gen 8, in the OP, is the most extreme case I've tested so far, showing the hands are also affected as well but not as noticable. The rest of the bones have very minimal to no loss.
Report sales errors here. "There's Always Another Sale™"Today's sale page is live for me, but two of the links are wonky. I thought I'd share the correct links for anyone having the same problem:
- Christmas Cake, (a Holiday FREE Item.)
- RY Frida for Victoria 8, a Debut New Release.
I didn't notice any other links that didn't work.
I have the second RY Frida link not wroking either, though you can put them in the cart and the discounts are applying. We will report them but do not expect changes till Daz gets into the office. Thank you for reporting.
Report sales errors here. "There's Always Another Sale™"Today's sale page is live for me, but two of the links are wonky. I thought I'd share the correct links for anyone having the same problem:
- Christmas Cake, (a Holiday FREE Item.)
- RY Frida for Victoria 8, a Debut New Release.
I didn't notice any other links that didn't work.
Buy Something That Doesn't Work in Carrara? Post your Questions and Workarounds here. (please)Right, I know. But the product comes with one already: My Daz3d Library > People > Genesis 2 Female > Materials > Victoria 4
There's one file in there to add the UVs to G2F
so you said it's not working for you?
No. That part works great. Auto-fit in Carrara for G2F doesn't work properly even with the V4 clone. It doesn't work for Genesis clothes on G2F either, because Carrara doesn't recognize that it's for a different generation of figure, so we never see the dialog for select what the product is and who it was made for.
Natural Eyes for Genesis 8 [Commercial]The eyes definitely render slow unfortunately. There is sss on both the cornea and the eye surface which may be over kill for most people but I liked the result so I kept it :)
Having a more accurate iris definitely helps. I dont know why the genesis eyes dont already come physically accurate.
Yeah I don't quite understand that either. They go so far to make Victoria with her beautiful sculpting, detailed texture and normal maps and then cheap out on the eyes. *shrug*
Buy Something That Doesn't Work in Carrara? Post your Questions and Workarounds here. (please)Right, I know. But the product comes with one already: My Daz3d Library > People > Genesis 2 Female > Materials > Victoria 4
There's one file in there to add the UVs to G2F
so you said it's not working for you?
Buy Something That Doesn't Work in Carrara? Post your Questions and Workarounds here. (please)Just FYI: V4 for Genesis 2 Female does work for applying V4 UV mapping to G2F in Carrara.
It comes with V4 clones, which brings up V4 in the Auto-fit dialog in Carrara, but I haven't been gettiung proper fitting that way. I haven't tried fitting first in Daz Studio since I don't have a version of my character in DS form. But that might work as an option.
there is another product for V4 UV https://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female you need to manually do maps in Carrara after loading it
I fit clothes in DAZ studio and save as support asset
Yup. That's what I bought. Just double-click the Material preset file to get V4 UVs on G2F. It comes with fitting clones too.
Thanks for the know-how. I'll try that. I tried fitting G2F clothes to Genesis in DS (which worked well) and saved as separate support assets, but they don't fit to Genesis in Carrara afterward. Maybe I saved them wrong(?).
they need to be a figure asset not a scene subset
also do the UV and materials in DS and save as a character preset
I thought that too, but I read somewhere (Carrara store page?) recently that applying a character preset to another in Carrara will transfer the proper UV mapping as well - so I tried it and it works!!!
So I could load Victoria 6 and apply Aiko 6 to get Aiko's maps, for example. Right in Carrara!!!
yes those are character presets, what I meant is you save your V4 UV ones as well in DS to do the same thing
Right, I know. But the product comes with one already: My Daz3d Library > People > Genesis 2 Female > Materials > Victoria 4
There's one file in there to add the UVs to G2F
Rocking it with MoCap!!! Thanks MoCap Vendors!!!Rosie 5
- Genesis 1 with Basic Female preset for Victoria 4 UV Mapping
- Genesis 1 Evolution Morphs and all generations of clones
- Jazlyn for Genesis by 3D Universe
- V4 Morphs++, Girl 4 Expressions, V4 Expressives via Genesis Generations X2
- G2F shape and expressions, Aiko 6, Gia 6, Kieko 6, Ysabeau 6, G2F Evolution Morphs via Genesis Generations X2
- Customized Victoria 4 High Res, and V4 High Res Wet Maps - blended and animateable in Carrara Shaders
- Awful Soul's Platina Armor for V3, Alpha Seed's Onslaught Sisterhood for V4, 4blueyes Elfage Light
- Rendered in Carrara 8.5 Pro with Carrara Dynamic Hair
I have since updated the character shaping and hair. As well, I've made a twin of her in G2F uising Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female by Mallen Lane
You would not believe how well this hair works in animated renders! I wish I'd have perfected this years ago - but here we go! First production coming soonish!
Buy Something That Doesn't Work in Carrara? Post your Questions and Workarounds here. (please)Just FYI: V4 for Genesis 2 Female does work for applying V4 UV mapping to G2F in Carrara.
It comes with V4 clones, which brings up V4 in the Auto-fit dialog in Carrara, but I haven't been gettiung proper fitting that way. I haven't tried fitting first in Daz Studio since I don't have a version of my character in DS form. But that might work as an option.
there is another product for V4 UV https://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female you need to manually do maps in Carrara after loading it
I fit clothes in DAZ studio and save as support asset
Yup. That's what I bought. Just double-click the Material preset file to get V4 UVs on G2F. It comes with fitting clones too.
Thanks for the know-how. I'll try that. I tried fitting G2F clothes to Genesis in DS (which worked well) and saved as separate support assets, but they don't fit to Genesis in Carrara afterward. Maybe I saved them wrong(?).
they need to be a figure asset not a scene subset
also do the UV and materials in DS and save as a character preset
I thought that too, but I read somewhere (Carrara store page?) recently that applying a character preset to another in Carrara will transfer the proper UV mapping as well - so I tried it and it works!!!
So I could load Victoria 6 and apply Aiko 6 to get Aiko's maps, for example. Right in Carrara!!!
yes those are character presets, what I meant is you save your V4 UV ones as well in DS to do the same thing
Buy Something That Doesn't Work in Carrara? Post your Questions and Workarounds here. (please)Just FYI: V4 for Genesis 2 Female does work for applying V4 UV mapping to G2F in Carrara.
It comes with V4 clones, which brings up V4 in the Auto-fit dialog in Carrara, but I haven't been gettiung proper fitting that way. I haven't tried fitting first in Daz Studio since I don't have a version of my character in DS form. But that might work as an option.
there is another product for V4 UV https://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female you need to manually do maps in Carrara after loading it
I fit clothes in DAZ studio and save as support asset
Yup. That's what I bought. Just double-click the Material preset file to get V4 UVs on G2F. It comes with fitting clones too.
Thanks for the know-how. I'll try that. I tried fitting G2F clothes to Genesis in DS (which worked well) and saved as separate support assets, but they don't fit to Genesis in Carrara afterward. Maybe I saved them wrong(?).
they need to be a figure asset not a scene subset
also do the UV and materials in DS and save as a character preset
I thought that too, but I read somewhere (Carrara store page?) recently that applying a character preset to another in Carrara will transfer the proper UV mapping as well - so I tried it and it works!!!
So I could load Victoria 6 and apply Aiko 6 to get Aiko's maps, for example. Right in Carrara!!!
Buy Something That Doesn't Work in Carrara? Post your Questions and Workarounds here. (please)Just FYI: V4 for Genesis 2 Female does work for applying V4 UV mapping to G2F in Carrara.
It comes with V4 clones, which brings up V4 in the Auto-fit dialog in Carrara, but I haven't been gettiung proper fitting that way. I haven't tried fitting first in Daz Studio since I don't have a version of my character in DS form. But that might work as an option.
there is another product for V4 UV https://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female you need to manually do maps in Carrara after loading it
I fit clothes in DAZ studio and save as support asset
Yup. That's what I bought. Just double-click the Material preset file to get V4 UVs on G2F. It comes with fitting clones too.
Thanks for the know-how. I'll try that. I tried fitting G2F clothes to Genesis in DS (which worked well) and saved as separate support assets, but they don't fit to Genesis in Carrara afterward. Maybe I saved them wrong(?).
they need to be a figure asset not a scene subset
also do the UV and materials in DS and save as a character preset
Buy Something That Doesn't Work in Carrara? Post your Questions and Workarounds here. (please)Just FYI: V4 for Genesis 2 Female does work for applying V4 UV mapping to G2F in Carrara.
It comes with V4 clones, which brings up V4 in the Auto-fit dialog in Carrara, but I haven't been gettiung proper fitting that way. I haven't tried fitting first in Daz Studio since I don't have a version of my character in DS form. But that might work as an option.
there is another product for V4 UV https://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female you need to manually do maps in Carrara after loading it
I fit clothes in DAZ studio and save as support asset
Yup. That's what I bought. Just double-click the Material preset file to get V4 UVs on G2F. It comes with fitting clones too.
Thanks for the know-how. I'll try that. I tried fitting G2F clothes to Genesis in DS (which worked well) and saved as separate support assets, but they don't fit to Genesis in Carrara afterward. Maybe I saved them wrong(?).
EDIT:
I already have the same character in Genesis 1, so not a huge deal, but I'm noticing that sometimes I need some of my earlier generation items along with the G2F clothing she's wearing - so I'll be trying to get this working. Thanks Wendy! You are the Princess of conversion!!!
Buy Something That Doesn't Work in Carrara? Post your Questions and Workarounds here. (please)Just FYI: V4 for Genesis 2 Female does work for applying V4 UV mapping to G2F in Carrara.
It comes with V4 clones, which brings up V4 in the Auto-fit dialog in Carrara, but I haven't been gettiung proper fitting that way. I haven't tried fitting first in Daz Studio since I don't have a version of my character in DS form. But that might work as an option.
there is another product for V4 UV https://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female you need to manually do maps in Carrara after loading it
I fit clothes in DAZ studio and save as support asset
Ten Years After - The Making of Dartanbeck.comQuote from the Carrara Sale email alert thread:
Cool! I was switching back to Genesis 1 from 2 because I have so many nice textures and outfits, etc., for Generation 4 figures
I had forgotten about the V4 for G2F! Just got that and 3DU's Willow! :)
Well, it worked. As mentioned in the Carrara store page, Auto-fit for Genesis 2 is not fully compatible so she still has a hard time wearing V4 clothing - but I have my G1 version for that! Now she can wear all the stuff I bought for G2!
Like my Genesis 1 Rosie character, before I loaded her copy of Genesis 2 Female into Carrara, I emptied the morph data from the Daz Library of anything I knew I didn't want her to have as a shape slider, and made sure that I had all the stuff from other generations added via Genesis Generation X2. Not sure if that brings the file size down, but it sure does make it more convenient for me when it comes to animating those sliders - although 8.5's addition of the search field helps even more with that! ;)
I'm still using the character-specific light rigs I've explained over the years, and now I'm using Carrara Dynamic Hair with my own custom proxies for collisions, so I started by opening my Rosie 5 Carrara file, hide the clothing and dragged Rosie off to one side. Then loaded in the Genesis 2 Female base figure.
The V4 for G2F product has a single user-facing file in the G2F Materials library which gives G2F (no matter which preset was used to load her) the UV Mapping to work with Victoria 4 maps, which is exactly what I wanted.
So right in the Assemble room, I select Actor and, in the Shading tab place all of Rosie 5's shaders in the appropriate slots. For any newcomers, we cannot just make a full-body shader preset from Genesis 1 to some other figure because the order of material zones are not the same. In this case, the number of material zones aren't the same either. But that doesn't matter. You know how Daz3d figures have special names for material zones that begin with a number, right? So I name my shaders to match these, kind of. Since there are 3 main skin shaders for all of the various skin covered material zones, I just give those main shaders the most recognizeable name, like 001_R6_Face, 002_R6_Torso, 003_R6_Limbs, for example. I used to just use the single place number ("1" instead of "001"), but my DigiVault collection (very nicely) uses numbers in material zones as well - which makes it a LOT easier for editing all of the various shaders. So with the three digits, it's more common for my actress' shaders to rise to the top of the list.
Wow. It wasn't long at all and I had twins in front of me! When I was happy with Rosie 6, I slid Rosie 5 back to her zeroed position and Rosie 6 was only slightly too short. One quick change and they occupied the same space! It was so cool!
So then I just selected everything I had parented to Rosie 5, grouped it and dragged it out of her animation group, which I then deleted. Now open the group and parent everything where it belongs on the new actress and she was ready to rock with Dynamic hair and everything!
This experiment was also really cool to see how well the G2F shapes converted over to Genesis 1 via Genesis Generation X2. There are anomolies that occur for joint rotation and such, since Daz3d puts a LOT of effort into making JCMs (Joint Controlled Morphs) for every situation they come across while developing a figure. That's one of the many reasons that they are so good at this.
Anyway, I have some cool stuff for Genesis 2 Female, so I'm glad to have her on board now! I still love my Generation 3 and 4 clothing for all of the various morphs they came with compared to Genesis clothing. For this character (Rosie 5) in particular, it's been a lot easier for me to work with auto-fit clothing from a previous generation that to use clothing made for Genesis, simply because of the lack of morphs built in to the latter. Being an action figure, she often needs to have a bit of plastic wrap fitting, which she just doesn't get from the more modern products.
Where can i find this uniform for Genesis 3 Female?For V4, there is EARLY 70'S WPC OUTFIT FOR DAZ VICTORIA 4 (https://poserworld.com/3d-early-70s-wpc-outfit-for-daz-victoria-4-3)
There is a cap at sharecg (https://www.sharecg.com/v/51851/browse/11/Poser/V4-Uniform-Cap).
Question about Scott 6Scott 6 was the last Genesis 2 base figure released, a couple of months after Victoria 7, but had probably been languishing for a while (he doesn't even get a choice of eye colour). None of the Genesis 2 bases have Iray materials included, although an optimized Iray shader for quick conversion* was later added to the Genesis 2 Starter Essentials, and there were several add-ons and converters that followed.
*Edit: Actually a material preset It doesn't change the bitmaps, just puts them in the right channels for the Iray shader.
Celebrity Look-a-Likes for 3D figures Part 2If you like Sangriarts stuff I would really recommend to pay his store a visit again quite soon. Oh, and todays Michelle HD reminds me on a certain "actress". Can't remember the name though. Must be kind of a total blackout ;-)
I agree, she looks familiar.
She also looks like a better version of Victoria 7, the Daz Original character. Maybe that's why she looks familiar to us.
Unless anyone can solve the mystery. :D
Sangriart is a she...
Michelle HD does look familiar...
Regards
S.That was the other person calling Sangriart a he.








