-
Genesis 9 to Genesis 8 Male Clothing Autofit: Issue When Reloading Scene
crosswind said:
barbult said:
crosswind said:
barbult said:
I've been unable to get Update Base Geometry from file to work properly on the M3D XMAS Sweater freebie we got this year. I can't figure out why. The saved fix OBJ can be imported and looks fine. But when I use that OBJ to update base geometry on the sweater, it makes it worse. I don't get any error messages in the log or interface. I tried with the sweater fit to G9 at the time, with it not fit and G9 not even in the scene, with smoothing on and with smoothing removed. I'm using DS 4.22.1.41 Public Build.
I'm going to be away from my DS computer for several days, so I can't post any screenshot examples.
Oh ~~ this one ? http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/92651/start
That's the one. When I fit it to G9B, with smoothing off, the breast area pokes through the sweater. I can correct it and save an OBJ file that looks good when imported, but when I use that OBJ file to Update Base Geometry, the result is that the breast area pokes through even more. I'm baffled.
I got it ~ The issue has been easily reproduced....
I believe this issue results from a wrong OBJ import done by M3D with probably an inverted X Axis or Scale value on X Axis reversed. Because after I imported OBJ with Morph Loader Pro, dialed it to 50%, then I got the result in Screenshot 2... dialed it to 100%, the geometry was totally inverted as Screenshot 3.
I re-rigged the OBJ with Transfer Utility, as well as transferred morph targets....everything goes well. Let's ask M3D to rework this freebie ?
or we just fix it ourselves.Thank you for figuring this out. Let's fix it ourselves. When I'm back at my computer, I'll try to do as you did.
Genesis 9 to Genesis 8 Male Clothing Autofit: Issue When Reloading Scenebarbult said:
crosswind said:
barbult said:
I've been unable to get Update Base Geometry from file to work properly on the M3D XMAS Sweater freebie we got this year. I can't figure out why. The saved fix OBJ can be imported and looks fine. But when I use that OBJ to update base geometry on the sweater, it makes it worse. I don't get any error messages in the log or interface. I tried with the sweater fit to G9 at the time, with it not fit and G9 not even in the scene, with smoothing on and with smoothing removed. I'm using DS 4.22.1.41 Public Build.
I'm going to be away from my DS computer for several days, so I can't post any screenshot examples.
Oh ~~ this one ? http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/92651/start
That's the one. When I fit it to G9B, with smoothing off, the breast area pokes through the sweater. I can correct it and save an OBJ file that looks good when imported, but when I use that OBJ file to Update Base Geometry, the result is that the breast area pokes through even more. I'm baffled.
I got it ~ The issue has been easily reproduced....
I believe this issue results from a wrong OBJ import done by M3D with probably an inverted X Axis or Scale value on X Axis reversed. Because after I imported OBJ with Morph Loader Pro, dialed it to 50%, then I got the result in Screenshot 2... dialed it to 100%, the geometry was totally inverted as Screenshot 3.
I re-rigged the OBJ with Transfer Utility, as well as transferred morph targets....everything goes well. Let's ask M3D to rework this freebie ?
or we just fix it ourselves.Modular Itemsambaryerno_f18cf8da31 said:
So if I'm reading you right, each component of a given sword needs to first be imported individually into DAZ, with whatever morphs to tweak the shape of a component (length, width, diameter, etc.). Then add a Conditional Graft to the parts I want to be able to turn on or off. Once all that is set up, Parent them to whatever the base component will be which will make it a single object.
I could then also add ERC links so that morphing part of the sword would also morph the scabbard object, IE to fit the width of the blade.
That is correct ~ as an alternative, you can also import them into Ds all together after modeling the objects in external application. It's up to you... Grouping + Parenting or rigging them as a single figure will be also up to you... ERC links will work on either of them.
Modular ItemsSo if I'm reading you right, each component of a given sword needs to first be imported individually into DAZ, with whatever morphs to tweak the shape of a component (length, width, diameter, etc.). Then add a Conditional Graft to the parts I want to be able to turn on or off. Once all that is set up, Parent them to whatever the base component will be which will make it a single object.
I could then also add ERC links so that morphing part of the sword would also morph the scabbard object, IE to fit the width of the blade.
I said I wouldn't but...SofaCitizen said:
It's OK, you're allowed to swear now :) Hopefully no-one over heard you and even if they did they should mind their own busines anyway.
You are right tho, that was a good deal :)
LOL!
Okay, I swear....NOW! FSMCDesigns said:
I hear ya, i am focused on only purchasing G9 content and so far that is working well for me. Seen a few G8 things I liked, but I need to stick to my principles
You're so much stronger than me, apparently.
I was good for a bit... LOLMcGyver said:
I thought that was going to be an admission to a juicy crime... but I'm glad you saved some money... and also, probably that no one was harmed... probably.
LOL...
Well my bank card is getting juicy from all the squeezing it's endured. Does that count?richardandtracy said:
I've been keeping off G9 keeping with G8, but in the last year two G9 characters have been nice enough to attract my money. I admit I've bought more Victoria 3 characters in that time, but I have bought G9. And I only occasionally regret it. So, I'm in a similar, but opposite position. Regards, Richard.
I really like G9 alot. And I actually have a lot of morph packs for G8, for some reason I don't understand, because I barely have content for it. Like 3 clothes and two characters... LOL.. So, it just didn't make sense to me to buy G8 when everything coming out (and on sale) was G9. Plus I like G9 better. I feel like (with it's morph packs and a couple characters) it's just a better figure. I like it a lot!
ND Demonizer Shapes for Genesis 9FenixPhoenix said:
SofaCitizen said:
I don't have it but the description does list three other products which were used in the creation of the promo images - albeit only in reference to textures. However, it may have been that they also dialed in the morph of the last one, Milo, at some combination to add a bit more bulk? If you already have that figure you could try it?
Just to clarify, Milo is linked because many of the promos for the demonizer shape include ND Milo's and ND Liloo's skins. :)
Thank you. May I make a suggestion to you to possibly release a seperate figure in the future that looks like the build in the promo image. It doesn't necessarily have to have glowing eyes or tattoos, just the same build and proportions. I'd be the first in line to buy it.
I really like the build on this character with the extra definition. There seems to be a lack of this type of hyper muscular male figure on Genesis 9. It seems to be mostly thinner models, and of the few that are really muscular, like the Swole figure, seem way too exaggerated in my opinion.
You did a really nice job on the promo image!
ND Demonizer Shapes for Genesis 9SofaCitizen said:
I don't have it but the description does list three other products which were used in the creation of the promo images - albeit only in reference to textures. However, it may have been that they also dialed in the morph of the last one, Milo, at some combination to add a bit more bulk? If you already have that figure you could try it?
Just to clarify, Milo is linked because many of the promos for the demonizer shape include ND Milo's and ND Liloo's skins. :)
I've created a jacket with lining - inner texture sometimes comes through the outerAs described: I've created a jacket with a lining which has another texture as the outside of the jacket. As soon as I pose the figure or I put the jacket onto another figure sometimes the inner texture of the jacket starts to go through the outside. I wonder if this is the reason why so many clothes for Daz lack different textures for the lining :) It brings much more realism to clothing when the inside has another texture. So do you have any tips for me what I could do to avoid this? Maybe I need to adjust the weighting for the inner mesh parts? Or add some morph for the inside to pull it in?!
ND Demonizer Shapes for Genesis 9SofaCitizen said:
I don't have it but the description does list three other products which were used in the creation of the promo images - albeit only in reference to textures. However, it may have been that they also dialed in the morph of the last one, Milo, at some combination to add a bit more bulk? If you already have that figure you could try it?
Thank you.
ND Demonizer Shapes for Genesis 9I don't have it but the description does list three other products which were used in the creation of the promo images - albeit only in reference to textures. However, it may have been that they also dialed in the morph of the last one, Milo, at some combination to add a bit more bulk? If you already have that figure you could try it?
Daz Studio BETA - version 4.23.0.4! (*UPDATED*)Until 4,21 I have worked with Windows 7 on a desktop worktation and when I installed 4.22.0.15 I suddenly have got purple renders.Another installation on a Windows 10 laptop did work nice but the facetransfer 2 had warning message ... "failed to load the base material preset. the image will still transfer but with reduced quality"... but did continue to create the face transfer at the end with watermark. I decided to upgradefrom Windows 7 pro 64bit to Windows 10 pro 64bit and it did took its time and it was frustrating to see, how Studio crashes immedately when a face-picture is loaded on a Genesis 9 figurre, (Genesis 8 is still working well...) Searching forums and installing 4.22.1.41 beta crashes also immediately with male and female faces. XEON W3580, RTX 3060, Nvidia driver 546.33 and here is only a few warning messages on start up, which are probably not causing the crash with Genesisi 9 figure... Is there a remedy... (crash-report attached...)
Changing "morph Limit"3DmentiaNull said:
Evil is in the eye of the beholder
All truths start as blasphemy.
So, I just have to jump in here. I find it indispensable to use, pretty much all of the morphs in reverse, even though it's "wrong", I suppose. And, yes, a little restraint might be a good idea.
I've been using the parameters unlock method described by Richard. My question is : sometimes it's not possible to unlock Daz default morphs or even paid ones to use in reverse, is there some way around that, perhaps in edit mode? Like in one genesis generation, I think you could use "mouth frown" in reverse, and have a different smile, in later versions with the same morph name, you could shut off limits but negative numbers had no effect. Are there any options that could override that limitation? I've been running into this issue with G9. Thanks / HAPPY NEW YEAR / peaceHmm ~~ as long as it's a dialable property, technically, you can always make it work inversely with correct settings. The mechanism is always the same...
Let's say the expresson dial - Mouth Frown as you mentioned. When it's on G8.0, it's just a single dial ERC Freezed with facial joint rotations, so simply unchecking Use Limits will work. Starting from G8.1, FACS was introduced. Mouth Frown turned into three dials, a control dial : Mouth Frown, and Mouth Frown Left / Right as the sub-components. Thus you have to uncheck Use Limits on all of three dials...before dialing Mouth Frown to the left...
Let's not discuss if this reversed dial looks good or not... as it does look a bit weird...
Changing "morph Limit"
Evil is in the eye of the beholder
All truths start as blasphemy.
So, I just have to jump in here. I find it indispensable to use, pretty much all of the morphs in reverse, even though it's "wrong", I suppose. And, yes, a little restraint might be a good idea.
I've been using the parameters unlock method described by Richard. My question is : sometimes it's not possible to unlock Daz default morphs or even paid ones to use in reverse, is there some way around that, perhaps in edit mode? Like in one genesis generation, I think you could use "mouth frown" in reverse, and have a different smile, in later versions with the same morph name, you could shut off limits but negative numbers had no effect. Are there any options that could override that limitation? I've been running into this issue with G9. Thanks / HAPPY NEW YEAR / peaceDaz Studio 5 development updateWhile there may not be a roadmap or set of milestones for DS5, there are various status updates:
http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log
https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/601786/daz-studio-pro-4-22-0-x-highlights
https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/600281/daz-studio-pro-4-22-0-x-nvidia-iray
https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/666006/daz-studio-pro-4-22-1-x-highlights
https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/666011/daz-studio-pro-4-22-1-x-nvidia-iray
https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/609556/creating-a-ghost-light-daz-studio-4-21-1-26
https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/654951/new-scene-workflow-in-app-notifications-daz-studio-4-21-1-91
https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/654446/thumbnail-saving-daz-studio-4-21-1-103
https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/662091/face-transfer-2Do you need to install Face Transfer 2?I have version 4.22.0.15. I still dont see in installed plugins and I bought face transfer 2. I can't find to enter serial and I'm logged Daz3d Pro serial is added. I read everything above and still nothing. I bought the first one and don't see in my serial list lol Do I have to buy Face Transfer 1 Unlimited again?
how do i fix this weird issue with posingalright so, none of the above things helped and it wasn't a morph issue as the only morph i was using was the one i created, and it worked fine on a fresh g9. what did fix the issue was going to edit > figure > restore > restore figure rigging, and then edit > figure > rigging > adjust to shape.
no idea how when or why it got like that in the first place but its fixed now.
Where can I find this hair?Crescent said:
I think that's Hr-085 by Ali. Unfortunately, I don't see it at Renderosity any longer. There are a few hairs by that merchant which are similar that you might be able to morph to look more like Hr-085, though.
Still on their main site https://www.mankahoo.com/index.php?l=product_detail&p=181
Diffeomorphic / Geograft MorphsIf I choose Easy Import Daz. I don't mess with favorites, I don't know how that works, just testing on importing a single Golden Palace morph with the geograft selected.
So, I don't think this is relevant, but want to provide all info. When I import my DAZ (8.1 F) figure, easy import or regular, I always get white textures on the head & body materials.It's easy to fix, but the GoldenPalace_Shell node (right before the material output) has its influence set to 100, so I just back that down to 0 on those 2 materials and that fixes it.
Now, for the Easy Import vs. Import... I don't know what triggers the difference, I tried eliminating empties, merging matierals and merging rigs, which are selected on the Easy Import panel, but that did not fix it.
Here is the terminal output using Import DAZ (custom morph will not work):Parsing data Preprocessing... Fitting objects with dbz file... Mismatch Strand-Based Hair, Strand-Based Hair: 810204 != 0. Building objects... Ignore <Instance Tonemapper%20Options-1 L:Tonemapper Options 0 N: Tonemapper Options P: None R: None> Ignore <Instance Environment%20Options-1 L:Environment Options 0 N: Environment Options P: None R: None> File "C:\Users\whodat\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Scenes\Shelly_Base_2.duf" loaded in 5.584 seconds Draw environment 0 WARN (bpy.rna): C:\Users\blender\git\blender-v400\blender.git\source\blender\python\intern\bpy_rna.cc:1349 pyrna_enum_to_py: current value '0' matches no enum in 'Scene', 'Scene', 'DazMorphCatsContent' WARN (bpy.rna): C:\Users\blender\git\blender-v400\blender.git\source\blender\python\intern\bpy_rna.cc:1349 pyrna_enum_to_py: current value '0' matches no enum in 'Scene', 'Scene', 'DazMorphCatsContent' Unsupported or partially supported shaders found: RSL Strand ShaderAnd following that, here is the output if I select Golden Palace Gens object, then try to import a single custom morph (this is the error I posted above):
Traceback (most recent call last): File "C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\4.0\scripts\addons\import_daz\error.py", line 223, in execute self.run(context)whodat File "C:\Users\whodat\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\4.0\scripts\addons\import_daz\morphing.py", line 1526, in run namepaths = self.loadToMesh(self.meshes[0], self.chars[0], None) IndexError: list index out of rangeNow, doing this with Easy Import DAZ:
Here is the terminal output from the easy import (no selections modified):Parsing data Preprocessing... Fitting objects with dbz file... Mismatch Strand-Based Hair, Strand-Based Hair: 810204 != 0. Building objects... Ignore <Instance Tonemapper%20Options-1 L:Tonemapper Options 0 N: Tonemapper Options P: None R: None> Ignore <Instance Environment%20Options-1 L:Environment Options 0 N: Environment Options P: None R: None> File "C:\Users\whodat\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Scenes\Shelly_Base_2.duf" loaded in 5.540 seconds Draw environment 0 WARN (bpy.rna): C:\Users\blender\git\blender-v400\blender.git\source\blender\python\intern\bpy_rna.cc:1349 pyrna_enum_to_py: current value '0' matches no enum in 'Scene', 'Scene', 'DazMorphCatsContent' WARN (bpy.rna): C:\Users\blender\git\blender-v400\blender.git\source\blender\python\intern\bpy_rna.cc:1349 pyrna_enum_to_py: current value '0' matches no enum in 'Scene', 'Scene', 'DazMorphCatsContent' Unsupported or partially supported shaders found: RSL Strand Shader Apply transforms Transfer to clothes Transfer to face meshes Main character: True Merge rigs Merge materials Apply transforms Transfer to geografts Transfer to clothes Transfer to face meshes Make all bones posable Make All Bones Posable completed in 0.0 seconds File C:\Users\whodat\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Scenes\Shelly_Base_2.duf loaded in 5.951 secondsNow, same thing, clicking Import Custom Morphs w/ Golden Palace Gens selected in the Outliner, and selected the same single morph to import:
Did not find fingerprint 2254-4491-2238 Load 1 morphs to Golden Palace Gens = Vagina_Open 1 Vagina Open 1 * Vagina_Open 1 Folder loaded in 0.136 secondsNow, what's quite interesting here is it said did not find fingerprint, but the morph loaded successfully. However, if I expand the Utilities panel, then click Get Fingerprint, I get this:
Did not find fingerprint 2254-4491-2238 Fingerprint for Golden Palace Gens Rig: Shelly Mesh: Golden Palace Gens Character: Fingerprint: 2254-4491-2238So, it looks like there's some incorrect debugging in there--it prints out "Did not find fingerprint" when it did find it (or else it doesn't actually matter).
But the main thing is, that this only seems to work if I use Easy Import DAZ. That's fine with me at this point, but it seems like there is a bug in there somewhere.Where can I find this hair?I think that's Hr-085 by Ali. Unfortunately, I don't see it at Renderosity any longer. There are a few hairs by that merchant which are similar that you might be able to morph to look more like Hr-085, though.
Modular Itemsambaryerno_f18cf8da31 said:
The problem is that morphs aren't going to work for changing a lot of the components I have in mind. For instance, let's say this is Pommel #1:
..
And then this is pommel #2:
...
The shapes are simply far too different in their geometry.
That won't be an issue. You just need to model / sculp the pommel separately, merge them with the blade as a single Sword prop or figure. Then rig to change the scale of one shape, or create morph(s) to "hide" another, or use conditional graft to hide the designated geometry.... quite a few ways.
Like below example.... , Technically, you can make a very complex "structure" of modules as you wish.... as long as you can design and make them well.








