• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • mixamo error

    WendyLuvsCatz said:

    cannot find but wasn't that Free Nomen or something similar, the Facemotion  capture guy

    yes thats the guy i bought the plugin from his website

    but the thing is plugin is working fine still with old downloaded files its the mixamo update that messed up daz import system

     

    if you download a ASCII from mixamo today and import it in daz3d it will show up messed up and with errors

    By

    trojanx97 trojanx97 September 2022 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • [Released] Content Wizard [Commercial]

    robertswww said:

    @RiverSoftArt I think Lou just tried over again (as a test), with a different directory, but it still failed on the smart content.

    Looking at the last of their 5 screenshots above, the error Log says:  Creating support file... Success

    But, it then apparently fails at: Error Importing product into Smart Content database

    Under the Smart Content Daz Documentation: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/67507/start

    Your last "Resolved Issue" on 2020-02-25 was:
    Fixed Error importing product into Smart Content database error

    @RiverSoftArt Do you remember what exactly it was causing this error that you fixed?

    Do you think if Lou does a Reset Database will help?

    In DAZ Studio, click on the hamburger menu in the Content Library pane, select Content DB Maintenance, select Reset Database. Once that is done, select Content DB Maintenance again and select Re-Import Metadata.
    (NOTE: Don't Reset the Database if you install Content with Daz Connect)

    Correct. I started over. I'm hesitant resetting database. I think I did that once on mac and all my content showed up as new, with the blue frame around them. Doesn't affect work, but it annoys me.

    By

    lou_harper lou_harper September 2022 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • Trying to make a 3d library database

    SofaCitizen said:

    hacsart said:

    I coiuld be way off base here, but if CMS is indeed a PostgreSQl database, should it not be possible to import its data into Excel or Access  via an MS query data connection?

    Technically that should be possible - as long as you are careful not to change anything. I saw an old thread somewhere where someone posted the outside connection details for the DB but when I tried a few weeks back it didn't work. Not sure if that means that the connection details have changed since that post or I was just doing something wrong.

    Here's one somewhat recent post I see on the subject :

    PostgreSQL question *SOLVED!!!* - Daz 3D Forums

    I haven't done a lot of searching on the topic. For my purposes, pulling the data would save a little time in terms of data entry, but the main goal of my cataloging project is a bit different than what is likely lurking in there. I'll try to post something later - it's been a long few days IRL (which actually does involve SQL). 

    By

    paulawp (marahzen) paulawp (marahzen) September 2022 in The Commons
  • Trying to make a 3d library database

    hacsart said:

    I coiuld be way off base here, but if CMS is indeed a PostgreSQl database, should it not be possible to import its data into Excel or Access  via an MS query data connection?

    Technically that should be possible - as long as you are careful not to change anything. I saw an old thread somewhere where someone posted the outside connection details for the DB but when I tried a few weeks back it didn't work. Not sure if that means that the connection details have changed since that post or I was just doing something wrong.

    By

    SofaCitizen SofaCitizen September 2022 in The Commons
  • Trying to make a 3d library database

    I coiuld be way off base here, but if CMS is indeed a PostgreSQl database, should it not be possible to import its data into Excel or Access  via an MS query data connection?

    By

    hacsart hacsart September 2022 in The Commons
  • [Released] Content Wizard [Commercial]

    @RiverSoftArt I think Lou just tried over again (as a test), with a different directory, but it still failed on the smart content.

    Looking at the last of their 5 screenshots above, the error Log says:  Creating support file... Success

    But, it then apparently fails at: Error Importing product into Smart Content database

    Under the Smart Content Daz Documentation: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/67507/start

    Your last "Resolved Issue" on 2020-02-25 was:
    Fixed Error importing product into Smart Content database error

    @RiverSoftArt Do you remember what exactly it was causing this error that you fixed?

    Do you think if Lou does a Reset Database will help?

    In DAZ Studio, click on the hamburger menu in the Content Library pane, select Content DB Maintenance, select Reset Database. Once that is done, select Content DB Maintenance again and select Re-Import Metadata.
    (NOTE: Don't Reset the Database if you install Content with Daz Connect)

    By

    robertswww robertswww September 2022 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • DazToBlender Rigging Issue

    Hello! I've recently started using both Daz and Blender, and I've been trying to import a model from Daz to Blender using the Diffeomorphic add-on, everything goes smoothly with the character and model being imported and visible in the program, however once I try to merge the rigs and then convert to rigify, I'm faced with this error. Trying to convert to rigify again only gives me the error "Unable to locate bone lowerAbdomen", I've seen tutorials on how to install the add-on and they've had no issues, however when I attempt it, it seems like I receive this issue, did I install it incorrectly or am I missing a setting????

    By

    eligiocortes45 eligiocortes45 September 2022 in Blender Discussion
  • Saving Gen7 clothing set up for Gen8 - Answered, many thanks.

    I think the combatibility base is saved in metadata (Runtime\Support), using Notepad++ it should be possible to search and replace that information for a bunch of files at the same time - Afterwards, refresh metadata in the database.

    By

    PerttiA PerttiA September 2022 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • [Released] Turbo Loader for Genesis 8 and 8.1 [Commercial]

    gellenburg said:

    RiverSoftArt said:

    gellenburg said:

    I have a strange issue where Turbo Loader isn't "seeing" all of my products.

    I have repeatedly gone through the "Enable All" and "Reset Content Directories" and for both G8F and G8M Turbo Loader isn't seeing all of my products that are installed.

    Even tried clearing out the txt files in the Cache folder and "Scan for Morphs" again.

    No luck.

    Are you logged in?  That can help.  If DS does not provide the metadata for a product, TL has to default to using folder names to make a "pseudo" product.

    The only thing that brings them back is to re-install them with DIM!

    And I HAVE confirmed that there are NO *.TLOFF files in my /data directory.

    This is driving me insane.

    Edit: I three Content Directories configured in Conent Library: "My DAZ 3D Library" which is what got installed by default (Drive F:) and "Third-Party Library" for all my Rendo*++ purchases, and a "Dev" content library for some things I'm working on (though it's currently empty and not enabled).

    I also use 4.20 Pro and 4.20 Pro Public Beta though I'm experiencing this problem with the stable release and NOT the public beta.

    And yes, both installs of Studio have the exact same Content Library configurations.

    Ok I refreshed the metadata. Ran the "Enable All" utility and then loaded up TL for G8M and then ran Scan for Morphs.

    Trust me when i tell you I have MUCH more than 364 G8M products. MUCH much more.

    The above is from DAZ Studio 4.20 Pro.

    ...

    ...

    The following is from 4.20 Pro Public Build ... (And by the way this is much closer to the number of G8M products I have installed though I still think it's a low number.

    ...

    ...

    Interesting side note but updating the metadata with DAZ Connect doesn't seem to have fixed anything. Every product is a "Unknown Product",

    Strange.  That should have definitely helped.   All morphs are still enabled and then you cleared the list and rescanned? 

    The other question is, in the Pro version, what directories are in the Content Directory Manager?  TL "knows" only the directories that DS knows about.  If some directories are hidden from DS, they will be hidden from TL.

     

    By

    RiverSoft Art RiverSoft Art September 2022 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • [Released] Turbo Loader for Genesis 8 and 8.1 [Commercial]

    RiverSoftArt said:

    gellenburg said:

    I have a strange issue where Turbo Loader isn't "seeing" all of my products.

    I have repeatedly gone through the "Enable All" and "Reset Content Directories" and for both G8F and G8M Turbo Loader isn't seeing all of my products that are installed.

    Even tried clearing out the txt files in the Cache folder and "Scan for Morphs" again.

    No luck.

    Are you logged in?  That can help.  If DS does not provide the metadata for a product, TL has to default to using folder names to make a "pseudo" product.

    The only thing that brings them back is to re-install them with DIM!

    And I HAVE confirmed that there are NO *.TLOFF files in my /data directory.

    This is driving me insane.

    Edit: I three Content Directories configured in Conent Library: "My DAZ 3D Library" which is what got installed by default (Drive F:) and "Third-Party Library" for all my Rendo*++ purchases, and a "Dev" content library for some things I'm working on (though it's currently empty and not enabled).

    I also use 4.20 Pro and 4.20 Pro Public Beta though I'm experiencing this problem with the stable release and NOT the public beta.

    And yes, both installs of Studio have the exact same Content Library configurations.

    Ok I refreshed the metadata. Ran the "Enable All" utility and then loaded up TL for G8M and then ran Scan for Morphs.

    Trust me when i tell you I have MUCH more than 364 G8M products. MUCH much more.

    The above is from DAZ Studio 4.20 Pro.

    ...

    ...

    The following is from 4.20 Pro Public Build ... (And by the way this is much closer to the number of G8M products I have installed though I still think it's a low number.

    ...

    ...

    Interesting side note but updating the metadata with DAZ Connect doesn't seem to have fixed anything. Every product is a "Unknown Product",

     

    By

    gellenburg gellenburg September 2022 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • [Released] Content Wizard [Commercial]

    @lou_harper From your Log, it looks like it is trying to save the file on your E-drive in the following folder location: DAZ CONTENT/3rd

    First, make sure the 3rd folder exists.

    You also have the Error creating metadata for Daz Studio import.  Note that this is happening in the same folder location. 

    Check inside your 3rd folder and make sure it has the Runtime and Support folders (for Metadata).  If not, create them as such:
    DAZ CONTENT/3rd/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/Support/

    By

    robertswww robertswww September 2022 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • [Released] Turbo Loader for Genesis 8 and 8.1 [Commercial]

    Why would the metadata change and not an Updated file be released that has a new .dsx file to be imported into Postgres? I mean why even have this metadata update thing be online to begin with? I save all of my DIM ZIP files in case I ever need to re-install them. I thought the whole purpose of the the Smart Content and having a Postgres database server running locally on my system was to provide the necessary metadata.

    Very confused.

    By

    gellenburg gellenburg September 2022 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • [Released] Turbo Loader for Genesis 8 and 8.1 [Commercial]

    gellenburg said:

    This is what I was trying to avoid. :-(

    If I accidentally click that icon DAZ Connect is going to download the file.

    As long as the product is installed (has a coloured thumbnail) it will not be downloaded through Connect. If you work offline, once the metadata is up to date, then you will have a chnace to cnacel if you do accidentally try to open an uninstalled product.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine September 2022 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • [Released] Turbo Loader for Genesis 8 and 8.1 [Commercial]

    gellenburg said:

    This is what I was trying to avoid. :-(

    If I accidentally click that icon DAZ Connect is going to download the file.

    If you connect using DAZ Connect, you'll see the metadata update progress on the status bar. Don't click anything, just wait till it's done, and log out.

    By

    DoctorJellybean DoctorJellybean September 2022 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • [Released] Turbo Loader for Genesis 8 and 8.1 [Commercial]

    gellenburg said:

    No. I'm not logged-in. Every time I login DAZ Connect tries to install products and I hate DAZ Connect.

    Forgive my ignorance but why would there be different metadata supplied by DAZ3D.com than what's already installed in my Smart Content?

    I'll try logging-in.........

    Using DAZ Connect should only update metadata, not install products automatically.

    By

    DoctorJellybean DoctorJellybean September 2022 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • [Released] Turbo Loader for Genesis 8 and 8.1 [Commercial]

    RiverSoftArt said:

    Are you logged in?  That can help.  If DS does not provide the metadata for a product, TL has to default to using folder names to make a "pseudo" product.

    No. I'm not logged-in. Every time I login DAZ Connect tries to install products and I hate DAZ Connect.

    Forgive my ignorance but why would there be different metadata supplied by DAZ3D.com than what's already installed in my Smart Content?

    I'll try logging-in.........

    By

    gellenburg gellenburg September 2022 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • [Released] Turbo Loader for Genesis 8 and 8.1 [Commercial]

    gellenburg said:

    I have a strange issue where Turbo Loader isn't "seeing" all of my products.

    I have repeatedly gone through the "Enable All" and "Reset Content Directories" and for both G8F and G8M Turbo Loader isn't seeing all of my products that are installed.

    Even tried clearing out the txt files in the Cache folder and "Scan for Morphs" again.

    No luck.

    Are you logged in?  That can help.  If DS does not provide the metadata for a product, TL has to default to using folder names to make a "pseudo" product.

    The only thing that brings them back is to re-install them with DIM!

    And I HAVE confirmed that there are NO *.TLOFF files in my /data directory.

    This is driving me insane.

    Edit: I three Content Directories configured in Conent Library: "My DAZ 3D Library" which is what got installed by default (Drive F:) and "Third-Party Library" for all my Rendo*++ purchases, and a "Dev" content library for some things I'm working on (though it's currently empty and not enabled).

    I also use 4.20 Pro and 4.20 Pro Public Beta though I'm experiencing this problem with the stable release and NOT the public beta.

    And yes, both installs of Studio have the exact same Content Library configurations.

    By

    RiverSoft Art RiverSoft Art September 2022 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • Animation mesh distortion when scaling model down to 1%

    Yes I had 'locked' the scale because I thought you wanted it staying at 1. So you want it at 1 in D/S then 100 in your game? 

    Try this one, all I did was change the true to false on the lock option:

    No no, the game will only import the model if the scale in D/S is at 100%.

    Thats why I scaled it down to 1% and imported its Morph only, so that the model is at the size I want with the slider marking 100%.

    (If you are familiar with 3Ds Max, its similar to reseting Xform there)

    By

    wokowen wokowen August 2022 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Moving my content to a different drive

    gfdamron1 said:

    I'm looking at My DAZ 3D Library on my external drive, which is where I've been trying to install the non DAZ sourced assets.

    In "Smart" Content, or the Content Library?

    The Products and Categories in Content Library are also database driven views, which rely on metadata like "Smart" Content does - Metadata for DAZ store bought products is made by DAZ (not by the PA's), products bought from other sources do not have that data.
    If the product is correctly installed, it will be found in Content Library, under DAZ Studio Formats -> [Name of your Content Library] 

    Attached also instructions for manual installation

    By

    PerttiA PerttiA August 2022 in New Users
  • Store data in a Scene

    Working out which products were used:

    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/metadata/list_products_used/start
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/remote_operation/extract_data_from_products_used/start

    Compressing files into a zip

    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/file_io/file_zip_compress_each/start

    Extracting fiels from a zip

    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/file_io/file_zip_extract_each/start

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine August 2022 in Daz Script Developer Discussion
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.