• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • [Released] OBJ Companion [Commercial]

    OZ-84 said:

    Cool Product! Thanks for that. But there is one little problem i search a solution for ... 

    When exporting through DAZ GOZ to zbrush and reading the morph back in through the plugin, there seems to be no way to set an import size?! Is this correct? 

    Would clearly need such an option. Otherwise its only possible to export through plugin and read back in through plugin.

    Is there hope for a later "fix" of that "problem"? :-)

    Thank you for your support! Can you clarify what you mean by "import size"? If you mean the scale -- I don't have ZBrush so I can't test myself, but in theory the plugin should use the same import settings that you can specify with the "Edit options" button in the top "export" group. So if the scale is off, can you try changing that in those options? Thank you!

    Also, keyboard shortcuts are a good idea. I'll add that to the list.

    By

    ManFriday ManFriday September 2022 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • Recent updates to the Install Manager default filters

    jbowler said:

    frank0314 said:

    What would you like to see added? You can put in feature requests.

    Some of these are difficult, if not impossible, to implement with the current regular expression syntax, and some depend on PAs putting stuff in the right place, but:

    1. By Name/Figures  I.e. all packages that contain a character that "is" a particular generation.  (Yep, I know, really difficult; when I needed to do it I used an rx that was way more complex than the current DAZ specific one and then selected things out).
    2. Make "by source" actually work :-)  Content Wizard can create new stores, then store::false returns, well, false ;-)  tag::all::CloudAvailable might work if inverted.
    3. By Category; i.e. packages which contain things like wardrobe.  The reason is that it may be important when uninstalling packages not to remove things that are used elsewhere.  To be useful this requires:
    4. Upgrade the UI to make the filters ammenable to combinatorial logic: AND and OR.  So that they can be added to the current filter.
    5. Fix the bug I have previously reported with regard to immediate update.  E.G. type this into the filter pane:
      file::rx::^/.+/[Rr][Uu][Nn][Tt][Ii][Mm][Ee]/
      I.e. I don't mean copy'n'paste it; I mean try to type it character-by-character.  Ridiculous.  (BTW the filter detects sku::27727, and possibly others that I don't possess, I call it "Bad Install", I find it very useful.)

    1. Compatibility (Base) is not available as external metadata - the .dsx file that sits alongside the zip, which is what DIM handles. File paths are not available as external metadata. The Install Manager filters provided use information that is available externally at a given stage. Different types of metadata are avaialble for different contexts.

    2. By Source filters work exactly as described in http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/install_manager/referenceguide/interface/filter_field/advanced_filtering#store - Install Manager is a tool that can connect to the Daz store, no other, though it can handle correctly formatted  and packaged zips from other sources. It does support other source prefixes being used (http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/install_manager/referenceguide/tech_articles/package_naming/start), which can be filtered using the sku:: (http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/install_manager/referenceguide/interface/filter_field/advanced_filtering#sku) scope selector with a range that represents that prefix.

    3. Categories are not available as external (to a given package) metadata - none of the Install Manager  filters interrogate the contents of any file contained within a package. The file:: scope selector (http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/install_manager/referenceguide/interface/filter_field/advanced_filtering#file) is the closest to one that does and it is discretely described as being time intensive without interrogating the contents of files.

    4. Logical AND is supported - http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/install_manager/referenceguide/interface/filter_field/advanced_filtering#logical_and since 1.1.0.37 (http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/install_manager/change_log_1_1_0_41#1_1_0_37)

    5.There is a case-insensitive syntax modifier (http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/install_manager/referenceguide/interface/filter_field/advanced_filtering#case_insensitive). Using the method that requires least processing will yield better response, the fact that the alternative gives worse reposne is not a bug but simply reflects their difference.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine September 2022 in The Commons
  • Why would Daz Studio suddenly rearrange my tool bar?

    To record the current state Window>Workspace>Save Layout (or use the Export button in Window>Workspace>Customise to save it in sections).

    If you were essentially using one of the defaults then Window>Workspace>Select Layout will let you reload it, or use the Import options in Window>Workspace>Customise.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine September 2022 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Better Blender to UE5 bridge for Daz content

    Checked DazToUnreal update there are exciting new features: "New geograft material support, preliminary support for geograft morphs".
    https://github.com/daz3d/DazToUnreal/releases
    Diffeomorphic recently added features to import Blender animations to Daz.
    Would try the new workflow Blender -> Daz -> UE5 and test if the geografts work as expected.

    By

    catmaster catmaster September 2022 in Blender Discussion
  • Mature Content?

    PixelSploiting said:

    How about providing filtering by the artist inside the Daz studio? That info is in metadata, but one can't search for one specific PA in the smart content.

    If you find a product/file by the artist in question in Smart Content and look at the Info tab at the bottom of the pane (may be collapsed) then clicking on the artist name will apply a filter for the artist. You can then save the filter for future use from the icon to the left of the filter text box.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine September 2022 in The Commons
  • diffeomorphic g8.1 HD textures wrong

    Yes, I see that if you use easy import then the geografts and softbody are only done on the base figure, not on the HD figure. I don't know if this is a limitation or a bug, I'll report to Thomas.

    Anyway if you use the standard import you can then add the geografts and softbody to the HD figure.

    https://bitbucket.org/Diffeomorphic/import_daz/issues/1167/

    edit. Thomas fixed it you can get the last commit.

    By

    Padone Padone September 2022 in Blender Discussion
  • Texture Import question

    I am brand new with using Substance Painter to paint on DAZ Characters. I followed a tutorial for painting war paint on a G8M. I exported the textures just fine but I have a problem:

    My war paint is black, but when I bring the texture into DAZ, they turn red in IRay. I looked at the Base Color thumbnail and it shows the black strokes. I can change the Translucency from red to black and the strokes return to black, but this also changes the underlying skin color.

    What am I doing wrong?

     

    By

    LD1 LD1 September 2022 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Mature Content?

    How about providing filtering by the artist inside the Daz studio? That info is in metadata, but one can't search for one specific PA in the smart content.

    By

    PixelSploiting PixelSploiting September 2022 in The Commons
  • [Released] OBJ Companion [Commercial]

    Cool Product! Thanks for that. But there is one little problem i search a solution for ... 

    When exporting through DAZ GOZ to zbrush and reading the morph back in through the plugin, there seems to be no way to set an import size?! Is this correct? 

    Would clearly need such an option. Otherwise its only possible to export through plugin and read back in through plugin.

    Is there hope for a later "fix" of that "problem"? :-)

     

    By

    OZ-84 OZ-84 September 2022 in Daz PA Commercial Products
  • Enchanted Elven Mega Bundle

    memcneil70 said:

    Metadata is created by Daz staff, not the PAs. On a Windows computer you can fix it yourself, but on a Mac, you can't. That drives me nuts. I really wish if they update Daz Studio they would make sure both versions are updated equally. And yes, there have been more errors of categories being outside of 'Default' or the next level down than ever before.

    What is the block on Macs? I wasn't aware there was a difference.

    So the only way to get metadata fixed if you don't know how, or have a mess on your Mac, is to report it to Customer Service and hope the product is still within the product codes they are updating. The last time I reported something, I was told they weren't updating items older than SKU 50000.

     

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine September 2022 in The Commons
  • diffeomorphic g8.1 HD textures wrong

    If you're exporting a true HD mesh then you need to export the HD uvs in the export dialog. Beware that HD geografts will not export the HD uvs, and this is a known limit. You said you export the HD figure without geografts though, so this shouldn't concern you. Also golden palace is not HD.

    Anyway if you want to "attach" golden palace to the true HD mesh one quick way is to apply multires. Works fine here with Victoria 8.1 HD and golden palace.

    steps:

    1. import the HD mesh with multires
    2. merge geografts
    3. apply multires

     

    By

    Padone Padone September 2022 in Blender Discussion
  • Enchanted Elven Mega Bundle

    Metadata is created by Daz staff, not the PAs. On a Windows computer you can fix it yourself, but on a Mac, you can't. That drives me nuts. I really wish if they update Daz Studio they would make sure both versions are updated equally. And yes, there have been more errors of categories being outside of 'Default' or the next level down than ever before.

    So the only way to get metadata fixed if you don't know how, or have a mess on your Mac, is to report it to Customer Service and hope the product is still within the product codes they are updating. The last time I reported something, I was told they weren't updating items older than SKU 50000.

     

    By

    memcneil70 memcneil70 September 2022 in The Commons
  • diffeomorphic g8.1 HD textures wrong

    Ok, this is what I'm trying to accomplish and this is what's happening.  For the record, I'm using https://www.daz3d.com/mso-vix-hd-for-genesis-81-female but it happens with all the 8.1's I've tried.  I want to attach the Golden Palace gen to the HD mesh.  So I export to blender from Daz with the gens first, then I delete everthing, except the model, and export resolution level 3 HD to Blender.  In Blender I import the first regular export/with gen using diff, then import the second mesh/HD/no gen.  The HD mesh's textures comes in like this.  Left low res with gen, right HD with no gen. 

    By

    3dQuill 3dQuill September 2022 in Blender Discussion
  • diffeomorphic g8.1 HD textures wrong

    Merge uv layers in easy import may not work fine in all cases. It is better to merge uvs by hand if you must, but in blender there's no need to merge uvs it is mainly intended for exporting to games.

    Let me know if this works. Otherwise please describe the exact steps to reproduce the issue, possibly with pictures.

    edit. p.s. Just tested Victoria 8.1 HD and she works fine here.

    By

    Padone Padone September 2022 in Blender Discussion
  • Metadata problems - (Reason found)

    If the conflict is indeed the GUID, why not simply change it? You are aware that there is a button to generate a new one in the DB Editor (from the Products view). Do that, export (if not set to Auto-Export), and Accept the changes. (Ensure no custom categories have been applied to that product yet; if so, remove them). Either way will create a new metadata support file in the runtime/support folder with the new GUID. Re-import the metadata for that product in DIM (right-click on the installed product, Re-Import Metadata). If ever you need to re-install the product, copy that metadata file into the product package, replacing the original so that the changes are included the next time. The GUID is only used a key in the database, nothing else that I can see. Maybe, someday, there might an update that corrects it, which would probably just change the GUID.

    By

    NorthOf45 NorthOf45 September 2022 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Backup DAZ-System

    How was the content on D: installed?

    I assume you mean Daz Studio, but if you use an installer that is also a factor. Conentrating on Daz Studio for now:

    Edit>Preferences (Daz Studio>Preferences for a Mac) has a Content tab and on that there is a Content Directory Manager button - the dialogue that opens can be used to set the location for the database, content directories, and the content installed through Daz Studio itself (Daz Connect). The database should be backed up only when nothing is using it - Daz Studio, Carrara, and iny installation applications closed and no longer showing in Task Manager's list of processes.

    You can back-up your own metadata (files you created, edited categories) by opening the Content Library option menu (the lined or hamburger button in the top corner or right-click the tab), selecting Content DB Maintenance, and checking Export Metadata - this will place .dsx files in the Runtime/Support folder. After a disaster you can use Reimport Metadata from the same dialogue to reload custom and product data from a connected (via Content Directory Manager) content directory.

     

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine September 2022 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Enchanted Elven Mega Bundle

    I checked where all those .duf files are on the disk and they all are in correct subfolders in the product main folder. Same for the Ajax outfit materials. It IS a metadata issue only. Smart Content is known to have glitches.

    By

    PixelSploiting PixelSploiting September 2022 in The Commons
  • Enchanted Elven Mega Bundle

    Daventaki said:

    Maybe I am not looking at this right because I don't use Smart Content but mine appears to be in the correct place.

     

    It's a metadata screw up.  It's been happening occasionally with new products for a few months. 

    By

    Sevrin Sevrin September 2022 in The Commons
  • What is the equivalent to Face Mojo for body animation

    First a little background:

    I love the easy, straight forward process of Face Mojo, where I can record my face, then use the json file to be applied to the g8m/g8f character.

    I am very happy with my first attempt - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQsuzZB8UEw

    Basically, I am looking for something similar for creating body animation.

    I started with Mocap, but the bvh files seem to only "work" (maybe ten percent of what is recorded come out correctly) with Gen 2 models.

    I have tried using Deep Motion, where I upload an mp4 file (free version limited on file size and length to under ten seconds) but it kind of worked.

    I would prefer to not upload anything because I would like my projects to not been seen by anyone until I feel they are worth viewing, therefore, I require a solution such as what
    I do with Face Mojo - record the video, import the generated bvh file from the video and render my animation in DAZ

    I would like to avoid using Blender or any other program. I am looking for a work flow within Daz, just like I do with Face Mojo

    With all of that said, I was wondering if anyone has worked with Mixamo? Is it really free with just an adobe id? Will it work with G8M/G8F models?

    As usual, I will be busy through out the day and I will check in from time to time to reply to comments or just learn from your suggestions. Please be patient with me, I still have a day job, which is almost 24/7 and I will reply as soon as I can

    By

    tam_c3df5332fc tam_c3df5332fc September 2022 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Noob - How do you export FBX files of props in Daz3D? (screen shot)

    What are you wanting to do? For many purposes OBJ might be better (though if you want to make morphs it is important to check the options to preserve vertex order on both import into and export from Blender, and to use the same preset both ways in the options in Daz Studio)

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine September 2022 in New Users
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.