• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • The Holidays Of The Walking Dead Complaint Thread

    ...strange storm. Lots of wind but no rain and actually stayed pretty clear over the city most of the day. Usually windstorms at this time of year are accompanied by heavy persistent rain. Seems the rain clouds have been unable to make it over the West Hills

    Major gusts recorded, including 67 mph at at the airport, 71 mph in Newberg just southwest of the city, and 89 mph out on the central Oregon coast. So far no damage in the local neighbourhood though the lights have flickered a couple times. On the West side over 40,000 homes lost power, and the light rail tram has experienced service disruptions system wide due to power outages and debris on the tracks.

    Wind still howling out there but should subside in a couple hours.

    By

    kyoto kid kyoto kid December 2014 in The Commons
  • Contest - RRRR Unleashed! With prizes! *Closed*

    Pull #5
    #744 Central Pump Station (#14968)
    #2887 M43 Field Cap (Rendo)
    #5711 Zaid (#12573)
    #2882 M4 Tuxedo (#7992)
    LB1 #808 CitizenX (#15745)
    LB2 #3216 Morphing Booty Bag (Rendo)

    By

    Totte Totte December 2014 in The Commons
  • How to contact vendor?

    Please remember that Support for products brought through the DAZ 3D store is done through the help system and Zendesk.

    This is part of the package sold here, which protects both the vendor and the purchaser:- guaranteed support.

    This is one of the reasons why vendors choose to use a Company like DAZ 3D (and other such similar sites) to sell their products. There is one central support system which means the vendors are thus free to use their time producing other great products rather than having to spend their time answering every query that is asked about a product.

    By

    Chohole Chohole December 2014 in The Commons
  • The Holidays Of The Walking Dead Complaint Thread

    Misty Whisky said:
    good for a giggle https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leSQsdnEUjk


    michael row the boat ashore
    fa la la la


    ....nice, but they totalled Grand Central. Crikey, if Superheroes were in the real world causing that much collateral damage, FEMA's budget would make the DOD's look like a kid's allowance.

    By

    kyoto kid kyoto kid December 2014 in The Commons
  • RRRR Unleashed entries only thread

    This is where we post entries, and entries only.

    Entries should be tagged with a tag, have name, and also, if fit, have a little descriptive text of at most 6 lines, no novels, just a short text.

    Example:

    Tag: Jen#1
    I so want to ge a new prop
    Here I am, locked into the prop central of the PC and all I see is old and dusty stuff in need of cleaning.

    OK, you got it.

    By

    Totte Totte December 2014 in The Commons
  • Advanced tutorials for posing

    Another thing to keep in mind when posing is Gravity. When you look at how someone stands its all about distributing weight along an axis of gravity. Each stance will have a dominant foot which is holding the majority of the persons weight and from that point there will be a central axis leading through the body. If an arm is raised the rest of the body will need to adjust to compensate for the weight change. Keeping this in mind will help to add realism to creating poses.

    By

    Design Anvil - Razor42 Design Anvil - Razor42 December 2014 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • The Only “Gust” I Like Begins With “Au-” Complaint Thread.

    Kyoto Kid said:
    chohole said:
    tjohn said:
    chohole said:
    tjohn said:
    The power is off. Forty degrees outside, swiftly cooling inside.

    40 degrees outside ................. Quite balmy then :coolsmirk:


    Not when that becomes the temp inside. Electric is my only heat source. :)

    Yes I was joking. I do know how you feel Temps here are hovering around the 32f mark, and although we have gas fired heating, if the electric goes then we still have none, as it needs the electric to work the thingummy that sends the heat round the central heating system.


    ...Swindon had freezing drizzle yesterday. Have the city faved on my weather site as a fair part of my story is set in the area.

    We had hard rain earlier in the day up here in the South Wales Mountains., you know the sort of rain that makes piles instead of puddles. lol.

    We are bout 3½ inches further west and an inch or so further north than Swindon according to the map I have (91½ miles by road)

    By

    Chohole Chohole November 2014 in The Commons
  • The Only “Gust” I Like Begins With “Au-” Complaint Thread.

    chohole said:
    tjohn said:
    chohole said:
    tjohn said:
    The power is off. Forty degrees outside, swiftly cooling inside.

    40 degrees outside ................. Quite balmy then :coolsmirk:


    Not when that becomes the temp inside. Electric is my only heat source. :)

    Yes I was joking. I do know how you feel Temps here are hovering around the 32f mark, and although we have gas fired heating, if the electric goes then we still have none, as it needs the electric to work the thingummy that sends the heat round the central heating system.


    ...Swindon had freezing drizzle yesterday. Have the city faved on my weather site as a fair part of my story is set in the area.

    By

    kyoto kid kyoto kid November 2014 in The Commons
  • The Only “Gust” I Like Begins With “Au-” Complaint Thread.

    tjohn said:
    chohole said:
    tjohn said:
    The power is off. Forty degrees outside, swiftly cooling inside.

    40 degrees outside ................. Quite balmy then :coolsmirk:


    Not when that becomes the temp inside. Electric is my only heat source. :)

    Yes I was joking. I do know how you feel Temps here are hovering around the 32f mark, and although we have gas fired heating, if the electric goes then we still have none, as it needs the electric to work the thingummy that sends the heat round the central heating system.

    By

    Chohole Chohole November 2014 in The Commons
  • The most annoying bug you could possibly have in an LCD monitor...

    Unless I'm mistaken, and I never am (completely daft, absolutely wrong and quite insane, but never mistaken)...
    That appears to be a layout of most of the military border patrol routes of Uzbekistan (or as it's more formally known, Uzbekistanley).
    The lines that crisscross the interior correspond to primary munitions supply routes and peak at several former Soviet mobile missile deployment zones... The area where the monitor termite has chosen to "take a 5 second break",is quite telling indeed...
    This overlays with an area just outside of the airport near Tashkent, which was once home to one of the many secret experimental genetics labs that were once all the rage during the Soviet era.
    That long squiggly line on the left lines right up with the rail line heading northwest from Zhaslyk into Kazakhstan (formerly known as Kazakhlarry during Soviet times)... It is rumored, that just before the fall of the Soviet Onion (as it was properly known), a group of mad scientists employed by the Soviets, smuggled a picnic basket full of mutant insect specimens out along that very rail line, they were supposed to meet up with a group of mad East German scientists for lunch at a darling little tea room in Shevchenko, but the mad Russians never showed up.
    At the time it was believed that the Russians were either really badly lost or were attacked and eaten by the specimens they were carrying.
    Wild theories abounded in the western intelligence communities...
    One of the most popular involved the soviets experimenting with a type of communal wood louse that exhibited a form of rudimentary telekinesis, their DNA was combined with that of African Termites, Mexican Killer Bees, Giant Sumatran Praying Mantis, Humbolt Squid, Peruvian Mimic Beetles and for some unknown reason, Mick Jagger... It was rumored the resulting organism, while quite tiny and powerless on its own which was pretty much relegated to lurking around the the EM fields of electronic equipment, could at will summon and join with a swarm of millions of its brethren to form a deadly unstoppable biological killing machine hellbent on destroying humanity all while doing a neat compilation of Rolling Stones hits.
    That rumor was widely scoffed at and quickly replaced with a rumor that, that rumor was actual a rumor itself, based on a rumor about a rumor of another rumor, which actually was based on a fib created to deflect suspicion about another rumor, which in fact was partly true but had nothing to do with any of that and more with one of the mad scientists having a crush on his lab partner.
    This was all forgotten in the turmoil and celebration of the fall of the Iron Drapery.
    Until recently... when the wife of one of the mad Russian scientists claimed to have seen a doppelgänger of her former spouse while attended a one-man Rolling Stones impersonator concert in a community center at Lahasa in Central Tebet.
    She claimed he could morph into all of the Rolling Stones, the mad science team her husband worked with, as well as Joseph Stalin, Alfred Hitchcock, Ronald Reagan and Margret Thatcher...
    She also claimed to be remarried to Fred Flintstone and that she was the living reincarnation of Yogi Bear... Since he is alive and well and living in a retirement home in Jellystone Park, it was decided her claims were probably the delusions of a poor mad Hanna and Barbera cartoon fan.
    But mysteriously when intelligence sources went to check, they found out the Tibetan community center had in fact booked the one man Rolling Stones impersonator and that he mysteriously packed up and left the night the mad Russian's wife claimed to have seen him...
    And... That the show was supposed to have been QUITE good...

    You may be wondering why I chose to share this with you, and quite frankly so am I... But I believe there may be some reason this creature has chosen to seek you out...
    Are you former MI6 or CIA?
    Do you now or have you ever worked at a Chucky Cheese franchise?
    Have you ever visited a SilCorDyne testing facility?
    Do you own a Sentient Ant Farm?
    Have you visited another planet or parallel universe in the last six months?
    Are you or someone you know looking for low cost term life insurance and are under the age of 65?
    Do own ANY Apple products or have you purchased any for a friend or secret lover?
    And lastly...
    Was your monitor purchased from MadScienceLabs.com?

    Please do not answer those questions here, it is very important that we meet at an abandoned testing facility in Scotland tonight...
    I'll PM the coordinates to you by this evening unless I'm killed or I forget.
    A private jet will meet you outside your home within the next few hours... Unless I forget to book or steal one and or your driveway or street is too short... in which case I'll steal a bus or ice cream truck and pick you up in that... I'll have to find one that can make a transatlantic journey, so that may take some time...
    Especially if I forget all this as soon as I leave the house, which I most likely will...
    I made a Post-It note for myself about all this, so unless it falls off the bathroom mirror and my kids throw it out... I'll probably be by your place within a few weeks or so...
    Do you like Sushi? I figured we should probably get something to eat before we go... I could pack a bag lunch, but I haven't had good Sushi in a while...
    You know what... why don't we just pack our own lunches, you might be allergic to shellfish for all I know, and besides I'm in the mood for steak now...
    Why are we going to Scotland?
    Megh, look... Don't wait around, but if I do show up I'll honk the horn THREE times then TWO, pause and THREE honks again.
    I'm gonna go look for a seaworthy ice cream truck (I decided)... See you soon.
    Maybe.
    Probably not, but I hope you like ice cream and are not lactose intolerant.
    See ya.

    By

    McGyver McGyver November 2014 in The Commons
  • Using DAZ Studio as an Automation Server - Is it even possible?

    Admittedly, I haven't thoroughly scoured the SDK documentation for answers to this question, since I only got around to downloading it about a week ago, and the day-job has been seriously kicking my butt of late; however....

    Some time ago, I had a conversation with a friend, who works for a major women's wear retailer. She mentioned an idea for an in-store marketing tool: a kiosk set up to allow customers to interactively visualize how a particular product would look on them, taking into account the customer's actual body shape and skin tone. She asked if I would be interested in pursuing such a project. (Well, Duh! Who wouldn't!?)

    So here's my question: how do I leverage an instance of DAZ Studio to use as an automation server? Any insights from the dev team at DAZ Central?

    By

    Ken OBanion Ken OBanion November 2014 in Daz SDK Developer Discussion
  • NEW! Novica & Invited Guest Contributors Tips & Product Reviews Pt 5

    9am Central time. (Up since 4pm yesterday) It's okay, I'm off schedule because I have to stay up all night to keep a heating pad turned on for the stray cat. We were 10 degrees colder here in Florida than ANCHORAGE ALASKA!

    By

    Novica Novica November 2014 in Art Studio
  • 2014 Holiday Season Carrara Challenge - time to VOTE!

    Ah ah… I didn't know this forum and it seems that it's a central point for all the other more specialized forums !
    All that I can say, it is that Carrara challenge is very hot this month, and moreover, it is opened to the newbies with a special classification for them.
    It's an excellent manner of making discover the enormous possibilities of Carrara because when one arrived at the limits of DAZ Studio and that one wants to go further, it's Carrara the solution.
    Moreover, the program is filled of a great quantity of items which will make an easier work to them.
    You can believe me, I test (almost) all the softwares of the market and it's Carrara which remains since of very many years my preferred!
    Welcome with all and many thanks Antara to manage this very exiting challenge !

    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/48708/

    By

    DUDU DUDU November 2014 in The Commons
  • The Artifact?

    Howdy,

    Does any one know if The Artifact can be split up in to parts or is it al one piece?

    I would like to raise the central platform, those pieces that come down but right now and replace the path way but it's all one piece with the exception of the roof and the floor.

    I though there was a newer seperate texture you could buy too but I cannot find on the new site.

    Thanks for any help you can offer.

    By

    Eamon Eamon November 2014 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • NEW! Novica & Invited Guest Contributors Tips & Product Reviews Pt 5

    Well, it's 8:30 PM Central time, the site will change over around 1am, so that's 4 1/2 hours from now to see if the 99 cent sale and other categories come back. I can't think of a big sale where they didn't repeat things on the last day, so here's hoping. And Jack said it wasn't over till the fat lady sings. (someone take away her sheet music, give her a sleeping pill, or better yet, both.)

    By

    Novica Novica November 2014 in Art Studio
  • The Only “Gust” I Like Begins With “Au-” Complaint Thread.

    Misty Whisky said:
    TroutFace said:
    Very tired now. :down:

    Decided that, since it's going to snow tomorrow AND I have no gloves or hat AND the bus schedule would never be more opportune, I was going to go out this morning, in the cold and wind. :bug:

    What an adventure! :ahhh: Walmart was a ZOO, especially the grocery section. Now I'm glad I went , all the Winter clothing was on sale so I got a steal on my shirt/hat/gloves.. and they were almost out of hats and gloves so it's a good thing I went. :gulp:

    Not to mention I loaded up on Progresso soup for emergencies, a can of pumpkin because dang it I'm gonna eat pumpkin on Thanksgiving, and a can of evaporated milk to put in my coffee. And yum, as I sit here sipping a cup of Twilight Blend with evaporated milk, it was a good choice!

    Next up: ordering pizza and wings! I got a box of Ziploc bags to store some of my order "for later" :)

    Oklahoma not warms like Texas?

    Tulsa: 41F. Austin: 46F. :blank:

    The trick is that, while Austin can get pretty darn cold, it's FAR windier here and there's more moisture.. so, central Texas gets a kind of low-wind, dry cold. Here it gets cold, high winds, and wt snow/freezing rain and the like! :ahhh: Last year, they had what the called the Snowpocalypse - it was over a foot of snow and shut the whole city down for a couple of days! You won't see that kind of snow in Austin.

    Still, beats Winter in Michigan.. :bug:

    By

    Serpent Serpent November 2014 in The Commons
  • ShareCG site problems?

    Not working for me as of 4:05 Central US

    lordvicore said:

    I really don't think David Heller would just let the site die without saying something, but I don't think they have the available resources to fix stuff in a timely fashion... I'm just going to wait and see.
    Thanks for the detailed info!

    I hope they manage to work things out if they are having problems. That's really annoying to hear some idiotic, dirt-eating spammers are making things difficult.

    By

    ChromaDrake ChromaDrake November 2014 in Freebies
  • NEW! Novica & Invited Guest Contributors Tips & Product Reviews Pt 5

    SereneNight said:
    The store is glitching showing everything 100% free. Sadly.... The items aren't...

    Yeah, Attic Anne posted that happened to her too. BTW, someone let me know the hair is not showing 58% but it is now- so if you are shopping the hair, be careful that you don't get caught in a site glitch while checking out. I'm seeing 58% and my page is not cached because I hadn't visited that section. (Too many other things, can't keep up.)

    Remember to scoop up the V4M4 stuff as it might change over in a couple hours. (It's 10:30p here, so you have about two and a half hours before 1am which is when it changes over Central time.)

    By

    Novica Novica November 2014 in Art Studio
  • Reminder: Chat With Khory Live NOW

    If you'd like to chat with a vendor about making 3D products, being a vendor here at DAZ, and just getting to know one of the PA's here at DAZ, reminder that the chat with Khory will start in an hour over in the Art Studio.

    The questions she will be answering (in addition to any you'd like to ask- with the exception of personal information such as how much she makes as an artist, how much she sells- that is really none of our business) are listed here:

    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/44327/P750/#703343

    To go to the chat, you can use that link then just to go the LAST page around 7pm (Central time. That's in about 50 minutes now.)

    By

    Novica Novica November 2014 in The Commons
  • ot: scifi to real life? centrifugal force in space?

    The space station is spinning in a particular direction so falling bodies must also fall in a particular direction, not straight down. This means that a yoyo will not behave the same on a spinning space station as it does on the Earth. Actually, the earth is spinning too, but it's not noticable as it would be on a space station that was spinning. The spinning space station uses centrifugal forces. Centrifugal force pulls bodies away from the center point of the space station but it is the structure of the space station itself (centripetal) that prevents bodies from continuing to fly off into space. The false gravity effect requires both the centrifugal and centripetal (friction) components to operate. You can only feel the fake gravity if you are in direct physical contact with the structure of the space station itself.

    So lets assume that the station spins toward the direction in front of the juggler so that his torso points in the same direction as the ship rotates. When he initially releases the yoyo it will move straight upward and downward in its relative manner, but to us "stationary" observers the path of the yoyo will appear curved, such that it will arrive into the hands of the juggler a little farther behind where he would have expected it. So instead of landing in his hand it lands instead on his wrist or forearm. Basically, while the yoyo was floating in mid air the space station and the juggler were moving beneath it. The same should occur when he allows the yoyo to drop downward. When the yoyo starts returning upward it too will arrive in the juggler's clutch somewhere along his wrist or forearm because the juggler is in constant motion relative to the free falling yoyo.

    Logistics. The wider the circumference of the torus at the end of the arms of the space station, the more powerful the centrifugal effect will be and the entire station spins at a slower speed than would be required for a smaller station to produce the same amount of centrifugal force. Realize that any ships that dock or take off from the station will also affect how fast the ship spins because of changes to the mass of the system, adjustments will need to be made every time a ship docks or takes off. The question is how big of an adjustment, and that is determined by the ratio of the mass of the station itself to that of the ship that is docking (as well as the directional vector the ship arrives or departs upon). Larger stations will have much more mass than any occupant of visiting ship being placed upon it and thus will be less affected by small changes in mass from ships arriving and departing. So for me this type of station begs to be large. If too small, the ship will spin much faster requiring more energy to maintain, it will be more sensitive to torque by changes in mass, plus residents of the ship will get sick due to tidal vertiao related issues, because their feet are experiencing much more gravity than their heads due to the feet being farther from the central spinning point than the head. With a large station the disparity between the g- forces at the heads and at the feet of the inhabitants becomes much more consistent and Earthlike.

    How to shield radiation? You need lots of heavy water (deuterium). You could probably build a hull for the ship that contained thousands of gallons of frozen heavy water arranged in tiles. The tiles would be several feet thick. Also realize that the spinning station being made of metallic materials already will exhibit some degree of a magnetic field, its just a matter of polarizing it and boosting the magnetic field for long term space occupation.

    One thing to keep in mind is that you cannot create a field without the particles needed to exhibit said field. You need magnetically charged particles to create a magnetic field. For a force field type shield effects we see on television , you need some form of physical matter to interact with incoming material. So if you imagine a space ship like the Enterprise, with its "shields" that seem to be able to physically deflect or vaporize incoming objects, realize that the field has mass because the field must be made of particles of some sort, likely electrons and other types of magnetically charged matter in the form of gas and plasmas. Still, it is likely the station would lose mass over time as some of the particles used for the force field would end up being lost to the vacuum of space. A shield would be very costly to maintain.

    Biologically, things are odd from my assumptions. Males would be grounded I suspect. Our need to produce sperm on the go means there is too much likelihood for something to go wrong due to radiation exposure playing games during cell division processes. Females who already have their eggs in tact shortly after birth can store them in radiation proof containers if needed. Every night will be ladies night. Sperm would need to be stored separately and used only when the time was right for procreation. Other than sperm men serve no real purpose so it's unlikely they would be needed for long term space trips or on a station that was placed deep in space as a colony of sorts.

    This is a fun subject to contemplate. Fun fun!

    By

    Rashad Carter Rashad Carter November 2014 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.