-
How to change origin axis of figure/prop?
Hi,
I've got a room figure that loads somewhere other than the central coordinates of the scene. I'm trying to move the room's x,z center to the scene's x,z center and rotate it to get a different orientation for the room. But all rotations are performed against the scene's center rather than the room's center, which is frustrating. I'd like to know how to make the figure rotate around it's own central axis rather than rotate around the scene's axis. I've been digging around the Studio 4.8 interface trying to figure out how to make that happen, but no success so far. I'm sure it's a simple thing, but I can't figure it out.
Any help would be appreciated.
Who said Blender was hard?There are multiple points brought up here and some have been addressed in the interviening posts. I'll try to put my spin on clarifying some of this and perhaps that will help some.
First, the issue about doing everything from scratch is a bit of a muddled issue. It is true that many of the tutorials are on how to 'build from scratch.' But, following that with the logic that Blender users therefore are focused on making everything from scratch and have no use for premade content, while seamingly logical is, well ... not.
As was mentioned, a lot of people use Blender (or any content creation tool) for modifying, kit bashing (piecing together parts of various models into a new whole,) or filling out a specific niche area like retexturing. So why, one might ask are the tutorials focused on making things from scratch? Good question. Basically, kit bashing is simply a shortcut to modeling from scratch but uses all of the same skillsets so as one learns to build from scratch, one learns to kit bash. The same goes for creating morphs on an object, using proportional editing to put a depression in a couch where someone is sitting or bringing clothing out where it is interesecting with the base model, etc..
The point is, while using Blender to modify existing models is faster then building everything from scratch, the learning process is the same. This also points out why anyone who uses Blender to build from scratch and would 'sneer' at people for kit bashing or any other use of Blender like this is ignorant and simply trying to fluff up their own ego, i.e. ignore them.
If one wants to use Blender to do something specific like morphs, they can focus on tutorials that address sculpting. If using it to do textures, then texturing, etc... It doesn't matter that the tutorial isn't 'how to bring in a DAZ figure and retexture it.' We all end up learning by finding tutorials and piecing together what we need. The start to finish type of learning process will usually only focus in the central track, that is using the tool as it's own environment, and always leave retrofitting type of workflows to the individual to fill in the blanks. There just isn't enough audience to justify custom training on a large scale, especially with how fast everything is changing in this industry now.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying one has to master the tool to use it at all, but one does have to get a good understanding of the basics regardless of how they are going to use the tool and then branch off into the specific use-case they have after, and that branching off might be a bit of a hodge podge of fitting together 'what can, where can.'
The blanket scenario you mentioned is a perfect example. To do that, we need to know how to import/export in our desired format, which requires understanding the tradeoffs of various formats and the specific tasks, then it requires understanding the cloth sim features of Blender. If a tutorial covers rendering and we don't plan on doing the rendering, well no one is gluing someones eyes to the tutorial and saying "YOU MUST FINISH THIS TUTORIAL." Just skip to the part we need, go through it, and try to apply it to our test environment. Then, if we have the time and feel generous (or think it might be worth selling,) create a tutorial on what we did, start to finish (import, cloth sim, export, re-import into DAZ Studio) for others.
Finally, most tutorials are broken down into covering some subset of Blender. The concept of having to learn rigging (or any advanced task) if we never plan on rigging in Blender is just a non issue as one specifically has to look for 'Rigging in Blender' types of tutorials.
I think the overlying issue here for many people is that we would like a simple tool optimized for doing speicific tasks and Blender is not that. In fact, there are very few tools like that out there at the moment. Most content creation tools are generalized tools that do many things. The ones that are specialized, like zBrush, are expensive, still complex to learn, are still few/far between, and may not address our specific niche.
In the end, there are shortcuts to workflows, but not so much to the learning process itself right now. Perhaps some future version of Cortona/Siri will build custom education modules for us.
I've tried to follow this thread but I may have lost the point. My main interest in a program like Blender is to do stuff that I can't do in DAZ Studio. So, for example, I export, sculpt and then save it for import back into DAZ Studio. You can probably tell from my mini workflow that I'm restricted to tweaking a few morphs or fixing clothing poke through.
But I get the impression that most serious Bender people would sneer at DAZ Studio and do everything in Blender itself. So I wonder why this particular discussion is going on here. I don't see much talk about what you do with your models once you have learned the interface and the modelling techniques. I don't even touch the modelling tools - I just use the Sculpt menu. Someone pointed to a tutorial about making towels. I'd love to be able to make somethihg simple, like a blanket the conforms to a person on a bed or a couch. I'd like to be able to make that in Blender and use it in DAZ Studio but most of the tutorials I've seen about Blender only describe how to do it all in Blender, right through to the final render. Yet, I am aware that importing an object from Blender is only the first step in getting that object to be what you want it to be in DAZ Studio. Then there is another learning curve for rigging and weight mapping, etc., etc.
In short, Blender doesn't seem to be for the occasional user in the way that Hexagon is for some people (not for me because it crashes on my Mac within a few minutes). So when you ask, who says Blender is hard? Well, I do for one.
Studio. Is there a way to stop a child scaling with a parent?Hi all. I'm creating some props from various .obj files and it makes sense fo loactions and relationships to parent some to others. But if I want to adjust eg the height of a table top by scaling Y all the children scale similarly. I'd like to be able to turn that off if possible. Any clues, or is it so central that it just is.
I work around, is to create a morph for the change wanted, but I'd hoped to use the native functions.
All suggestions welcome. :)
Rayn for G3FThe central 'chest bump' is a constant problem with dialing in any shape which takes the figure from having breasts -to flat chested.
Dial up the 'breasts gone' morphs and I garrentee it will occur on any clothing, that does not have a custom morph in place for that dial.
There is virtually nothing 3DU could have done to avoid that one.
Generally though, its a tricky one, clothing vendors can make custom morphs to support certain figures which they have bought (and are available during development of a clothing set,) but it is impossile to cover ALL the character sets and shapes people create.
I find that its when verts have strayed too far north or south of their orginal location that it really starts to fudge an out fit..
So my personal plea to all character makers would be: when working on the body please, please try to avoid shifting verts up or down along the vertical Axis (Y Axis in DS) as much as possible when sculpting. Espcially keep it minimal around upper chest and neck where most clothing ends And also the the hips, lower abdomen where it can mess up anything that isn't a dress.
I dont know to what extent those who make character shapes, test a selection of outfits on their character shapes. but they must do it on some level, even if its just for promo work.
Like wise there is a rather large list of practices that clothing vendors need to follow, to keep their outfits as flexible and as distortion free as possible.
Captain's Ready Room first in a new series?true, in most hard sci-fi the bridge is in the deepest and most protected portion of the ship, and I completely agree with this approach (also in a lot of instances, there will be a 2nd bridge manned by the XO and a standby crew in another highly protected spot in case the main CIC is lost in battle). But I still see nothing wrong with having a 'main' view screen that the crew is oriented towards, with a captains chair situated centered, raised and behind the row of command consoles for pilots, weps, sensors, shields, etc. The captains chair should also be larger to have extra functionaility built in so the captain (or whoever is standing watch) can virtual monitor any other workstation at will. I hate to admit this because Star Trek isn't one of my favorites, but I'm betting subconsciously the bridge design template from that is probably what informs my perception of what feels 'right' for a cruiser-sized starship. I just wonder why we don't see this design more often in the poser/daz/carrara 'verse.
I recently picked up the UEF Arachnid in the sales, and I've got to admit I very much like it, I just wished it had a full interior (and would have gladly paid through the nose for a similar sized vessel that had full interiors; I know it would be a real project to make!).
Meanwhile, Vanguard is still perhaps my favorite. Shiny!
The smart money for starship designs will always be on a buried CIC in the middle of the ship, with the classic "Bridge" as a sort of observation post during routine operations. If the bridge is interal to the hull, then it becomes possible to shift things around so a high-mount Bridge can be moved to the center as soon as a yellow alert is called, or if you want to be a little more realistic about it, you can use a lift system to drag the crew belowdecks while the computer shut down the Operating Bridge (including enviormental and consoles) and pass control to CIC.
That also means the routine Bridge crew can be shunted off to places where they'll be more useful. To operate a ship of any size in combat, you need four things: Movement, sensors, communications, and brains-- Helmsman, Operations, Comms, and Commander. One Helmsman to do the steering, another to stay on the gauges. One Comms to relay orders, another to monitor enemy comms, and maybe one more to back up the first one if the battle is going badly (or Fleet Broadcast). Operations handles sensors, usually one to handle external reports and track enemy movement, and one that watches the DC/FF sensors and prioritizes Damage Control. You typically only need one Commander, unless the poor bastard has a heart attack somewhere midstream. We already know what that one's job is, although he may keep a Strategist handy.
So at most, eight people for combat. Fire Control, Radio Central and so forth are handled elsewhere, although Radio Central would be close to hand. Fastest way to cripple a combat vessel is to destroy Radio Central, rather than the CIC. Even in today's Navy, ships of every size hang on it in combat. Sound-powered phones work in a pinch, but they're lousy if anyone's diction is the slightest bit awry. or they're either too loud (bad distortion), or too quiet (not enough power to get the message to the other end). If Radio Central is still manned and operating, even an otherwise crippled vessel can still be somewhat effective.
Shape Shift for Genesis 3 (Commercial)Hi. Skin Overlay Merchant Resource gives you more options than the one click preset version as the MR contains a Photoshop psd with layers that the preset version was created from. The preset version was made to be easier to use for users who aren't familiar with Photoshop or Gimp and who prefer automation. With regards to save and share, there is no central hub for it as we just expected people to create their own method of distribution eg via freebie sections of sites etc. With regards to communition, I prefer answering questions on one site rather than all over the place. Makes tracking questions easier. I basically favourite threads to keep track of responses incase my email notification fails.
Realistic Renders.... NOT! 14: A new frontier.....The big problem with distant lights in Iray is that there is no shadow softness, which sunlight DOES have. But then sunlight can't be combined with an environment map, which is annoying.
One simple solution I've found is to parent a spotlight to a central pivot object, make the spotlight a disk or sphere, move the spotlight Z up a lot, and then adjust. You essentially have a 'sun' you can place as needed. Doesn't work with every backdrop, but works pretty well overall.
...yeah that is the issue with environment domes/HDRIs which don't have a "sun" (or in the case of night settings "moon") included. Tried to use a Distant light with one of the Yosemite HDRIs but it produces a solid black shadow on the shadow catching plane.
I wonder if there are any other tricks to getting a more "diffuse" edge effect to shadows with a distant light.
Again, we really need a pack of Iray sky HDRIs that include a proper sun/moon light for use with other environment and scenery sets .
Realistic Renders.... NOT! 14: A new frontier.....The big problem with distant lights in Iray is that there is no shadow softness, which sunlight DOES have. But then sunlight can't be combined with an environment map, which is annoying.
One simple solution I've found is to parent a spotlight to a central pivot object, make the spotlight a disk or sphere, move the spotlight Z up a lot, and then adjust. You essentially have a 'sun' you can place as needed. Doesn't work with every backdrop, but works pretty well overall.
Show Us Your Iray Renders. Part IVThe same shader as my last render (well I've made a few tweaks to the setup) also a hint of bloom to make the shiny bits even shinier. The pink is the original texture. I have the shader set up so it remains the same when I apply my modified shader (I'm quite proud of that one). I think I've also gotten a handle on finishing things and not obsessively going back to tweak them more, I had two moments while rendering this where I went "you know I could set up the shader so it does this... NO its done." The 3delight version I was constantly upgrading (breaking all my previous presets in the process)
TLDR: I like Shiny!

Slightly larger version in my gallery. I just realized I didnt have a render of my dress there, oops.
I really like this; the only concern that puts me off is the vertical position of the subject and the central placement.
Iray D.I.Y Portrait Lights {commercial!}these were OK but not exactly to my likeing some of the presets were a tad too close to the face as far as the mesh light thingys. i had another set that did ok for what i need. so i guess it depends on what you are looking for. still.. since iray has such powerful lighting system its always good to have things like these none the less :-).
DAZ likes the lights like this to load in the default central position. It's up to the customer to move them to their desired location in the scene as you would with your figures and props.
First Time For Everything- No Permission To Post Images?Well, there's a first time for everything.
Several of us have been having a LOT of problems with images attaching to posts- it's taking me two or three times on many of them. But after I did a post, imagine my surprise at getting this message!
Anyone else seen this tonight? (happened at 11:25pm Central)
And of course, it took three tries to get this to attach. Seriously, can they please get that fixed? It is NOT random, many of us are experiencing it!!!!
The We Are All Prime Numbers Complaint ThreadHappy for you that Spring is about to spring for you, ps1borg! But here, that means things are about to Fall. However, you wouldn't know it by the temperatures we are looking forward to this week in my area. Upper 80s and even 90s F.
Dana
Can only dream of warm right now, our central heating kicked in just as the sun rose and hasn't stopped. Meanwhile the radio is saying it will be the hottest spring evah - but not yet :)
Where to change the "Default" material... To my defaultsI hate admitting defeat... (Insert childish pouting and crying here)
Thanks everyone... again... again...
Looking into Rich's idea about importing, and the other idea about exporting or saving as Daz stuff... (I know that will work, but it is a constant REDO process, while editing in external programs.)
If it, for some reason, saves this extra info for the MTL, I may be able to write a quick program to slap "My defaults", to the MTL files before importing. That isn't much of a bother, as I can have it auto-append to every file in a folder. At-least it will only be a one-step process.
This is just ONE of the objects I am using... (Still playing with geometry and detail, but, test-rendering in Daz, to ensure things are seen correctly.)
Ship: Old war frigate, updated and converted into a mini cruise-ship, for private use. Loosely based off the "USS. Constitution ship.", but bigger... The ungifted bigger brother, intended to be sold to the British navy, but pirates stole it. (There is an irony within the story, the novel.)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_ConstitutionAreas: Sun-Deck, Top-deck, Mid-deck, Main-deck, Lower-deck, Storage-Deck, Keel
The Sun-deck is where the life-boats are. The Top-deck contains about 20 rooms, laundry-room, medical bay and the control-tower. The mid-deck contains about 40 rooms, the pool, the hot-tub, showers, bathrooms, cafeteria. The main deck is on the mid-deck, but it is the central component with two shops, 17 tables, 50 bench-seats, 6 trash-cans, 6 look-out glasses, 4 power-blocks. The lower deck contains another 30 rooms, the cafe, the casino, the lounge, the strip-club, the movie theater (which is under the sun-deck at the nose of the boat.) the back-stage, the film-room, a private lounge. The storage deck contains the upper engine-area, crews quarters, various storage locations. The keel contains the lower engine area and more storage and ballasts.
Not including any of the rooms contents, which are now being broken-up into isolated scenes, as well as the inner floors. (Obviously not seen, but built within the ship to ensure reality of them "fitting into real space".) Everything in there, except the outline of the blue person, is all original. The blue person is the sketchup-person that comes with the default empty scene. She, however, will not be part of my visual-novel game. She is just there for scale, while I rig the cameras and lighting.
It is for a visual novel. You traverse the locations as pre-set camera angles, within the story. Sort-of free-roaming, but limited by the story-line. Not an actual 3D place to walk around though. I may upgrade it to VRML panoramic views, to save some storage space and work-flow. Plus, it's a little cooler to be able to spin the view around 360, or have the camera turn to look at aomeone arriving from off-camera.
All with default plastic, 100% gloss, 100% diffuse white, 100% specular grey, 0% reflection. xD
My settings are more like this... 94% diffuse (whatever the object color is), 15% glossy, 6% specular white, 2% reflection white.
I did find a way to group them so I can bang-out the initial slider settings for the whole thing as one solid object, but that is annoying to have to keep doing, for a test-render.
This is what I get trying to do 100 things at once, alone... I need more arms and heads and computers and time!
Attached is a tiny fraction of the things I am fighting with, at the moment. (The ship, The pool area mid-deck, assorted junk, transparent view.)
The We Are All Prime Numbers Complaint Thread...in my old SF story the term "Prime" referred to the "whole" of being as well as balance.
It was also a numeric value equal to 64 ("100 base 8") in the Sabrinno culture as they counted in 8s having only 4 fingers and toes (in their aincent times, each toe was used as a place keeper after 8 was reached on the fingers, yeah, an odd counting system). This made for an interesting situation between different cultures which developed different counting bases.
The term also was used to denote the pinnacle of whatever it was applied to. Prime Command was in essence the "Starfleet" of the Protectorate which was a federation of four major founding interstellar "nations" in the area of space where the story was set (the next arm of the galaxy inwards towards the centre). Humans were the outsiders and our "nation" was not some nice happy liberal minded federation that eschewed the notions of money and wealth, but a heavily commerce driven organisation loosely patterned after the old Hanseatic League called the Consortium, that had it's foundations in commercially based exploration and subsequent exploitation of resources in space (the central administrative and financial capital was located in the Singapore Megaplex).
The first contact between humans and another major interstellar culture was with the Sabrinno League (one of the four founding members of the Protectorate) which led to the Midway Accord that established construction of a neutral trade zone (kind of like a complex of free floating "O'Neill-like" colonies) at a system located in the rift between the galactic arms at roughly the midpoint between the two interstellar powers (as the Protectorate was wary of letting just any old ship from a culture they barely knew, entering their space). All commercial ships capable of the journey between the two powers were required to make a "technical" stop here for inspection before receiving the necessary clearance passcodes to proceed on to their destinations. Most often Midway, served as a transfer point (a "hub" if you will) for travellers and trade between the Consortium and Protectorate, as permits for direct operations between the two nations were strictly limited through a bilateral agreement (similar to how international air travel here in RL was before "Open Skies").
The station had it's own defence forces that were manned equally by Sabrinno, Sestrii, Da'alen, Kandar, and Umanati (as humans were called) personnel. The Protectorate had this thing about "balance", even though collectively, they outnumbered the human contingent at the station 4 to 1. Military vessels from either side (including individual member nations) were prohibited from entering the region by treaty unless it was threatened by a yet undiscovered hostile force (of course, Prime command stationed a "Tempest" contingent at a "failsafe" point nearby on a rotating basis, while the Consortium maintained a "scientific research outpost" on a seemingly insignificant planetary system a day or so jump away).
I originally developed this scenario over three decades ago and the roots of the idea (the Sabrinno culture) go back as far as 1975-76.
The Missed It By That Much to Get a Bacon Steak Sandwich Complaint ThreadI like to fly. I just hate airports these days. Also, the seats have shrunk so much and I have expanded so much that we don't get along well. But once I'm shoehorned into the seat I love to watch out the window and try to ignore the chaos in the plane.
Me too. I recently went with Pre-Check and I've been buying only first class tickets. The seats are an insult, they are too close to allow reclining, and if the airlines aren't careful, they'll get regulated for safety. I'm only 5' 6" and my knees are almost touching the seat in front of me in regular coach.
Edit: I think they also have become a little bit too restrictive with luggage. At least with a 1st Class ticket, I can check 2 pieces for free. With a coach ticket, the first bag costs $25 and the second one goes up to $110 or $130, and often from that point, a 1st Class ticket isn't much more and you get an actual meal with actual dinnerware.
I started flying when I went to college, back in 1966. That was when you still had to run out in the rain and walk up the steps directly into the airplane. But the seats were decent sized, you got real, hot meals and you weren't riding with 400 other people each with their own fragrances. And even then the people in the planes were higher class and behaved themselves.
...yeah I miss those days. "The friendly skies" are anything but these days.
Like LG, I love the experience of flying. It's all the rubbish that surrounds it which I have to deal with that makes it a most unpleasant experience. Used to be you could get to the airport 30 min before a flight and it was fine, now you need almost two hours to deal with the check in process, security screening, and boarding, especially if you fly "Cattle Call Airlines" (Southwest) as they have no advance seat assignments and no one want's that "middle seat". "Shoehorning" is an understatement for what one has to deal with to fly what I call "torture class" (being tall, somewhat heavy set and rather brittle at the joints makes it a very painful experience). I actually have more legroom on a Portland city bus than I do in an airliner, and when travelling between cities, Running Dog"/Bolt Bus is almost like First Class in comparison.
Furthermore, the major airlines (save Southwest) are going more and more to those "regional jets" which are little more than "business jets on steroids" (of course without the luxurious "Bizjet" amenities) on longer and longer flights (forget first class on these as they don't have it). Crikey, I had more room and could actually stand up to walk down the aisle on an old North Central Convair Metro, United (formerly Capital) Viscount, or Ozark "Gooney Bird" (F-27) than on today's pint sized "toy" jetliners.
Then there is the lack of choice on who to fly. Today there are basically four major airlines: Delta, Ameriflot, United, and Southwest. (and I keep hearing rumblings of more possible mergers) along with Alaska (primarily a regional West Coast carrier). Every trip seems to require at least one connection in some hellish mega-hub like Atlanta, Dallas, Denver, or O'Hare as well as out of the way travel. Gone are the likes of Eastern, TWA, Northwest, Continental, National, Western, and the always colourful Braniff (I loved their big leather seats). Before deregulation, airlines competed on the basis of comfort, quality of service, as well as on time performance and you could find more non stop and direct flights from even small and medium sized cities that didn't involve changing planes. I remember when you were still served meals on real plates with real glasses and utensils in tourist class and had a several menu choices to boot. Flying First Class back then, made one feel etremely special and important compared to today. If you were a "'Miler" (frequent flier which was usually only business travellers back then) you were treated as someone important and received various perks. Of course no matter which class of service you travelled in, you always "dreseed up" and made sure you were well groomed for the occasion.
There were the planes themselves, all classics today. The DC-8 and stretch DC-8 (the largest airliner in the west until the 747*), the "iconic" 707 "stratojet", and it's slightly smaller but faster sister, the 720 (affectiontely referred to as "Boeing's Thunderbird" after the sports car of the same name), The sleek and fast looking high tailed 727, the dependable DC-9 that brought jet service to small communities, the odd looking Convair 990 with it's "speed pods" on the back of the wing, and the "cheeky" French Caravalle that United operated in the east which was all First Class. Then beforehand were the great prop liners like the triple tailed Connies, Stratocruisers (the first "jumbo" airliner which like the 747, had a spiral staircase leading to the lounge below the main cabin), DC-6s & 7s, Electras, Viscounts, and Convair Liners. It was indeed an exciting time to travel by air.
[*The Soviets had one bigger, the turboprop powered Tupolev 114-D which was built off the TU 95 Bear airframe. It was a massive beast with four huge sets of counter rotating props swept wings and tail surfaces and stood so high (to provide clearance for the props) that you could drive a truck underneath it's belly. It's cruise speed was close to the 707 and it had a range of almost 10,000KM with a capacity of up to 200 passengers. Besides Aeroflot, Japan Airlines also operated a couple aircraft for about two years under agreement with Aeroflot on their Tokyo - Moscow route.]
Today, I prefer to travel by train domestically, No airport hassles, no long security lines, not being poked and prodded where only my doctor is permitted to, no luggage fees, no carry on restrictions (you are even encouraged to bring snacks, and food along, just no booze), not having someone sit in my lap for several hours, not worrying about having my luggage pilfered by TSA agents (a growing issue these days), and no changing at some out of the way hub even for a relatively short trip. For long trips I book sleeper car accommodations. Yes a bit more expensive and takes more time, but compared to full fare "torture class" (unrestricted, no penalty for changes or advance purchase required) it really isn't much more, and I'm wined and dined all the way.
The two giants of the "classic" jet age.
Fig 1. TU 114-D

Fig 2, DC-8 "Stretch"

Fig 3. The first double deck "jumbo", the Boeing 377 Stratocruiser.

...The I Miss The Days Of Classy Air Travel Complaint Thread.
...The I Really Hate ThIs Spell Checker Complaint Thread
Tree House content item is a hootSo, are Jack Tomalin's, Stonemason's, and Maclean's structures up to OSHA standards? (the ones that aren't falling apart, I mean, LOL)
No, I want a little more attention to plausible details...some of which are critical.
This is the level seen in freebie content (actually many of the missing items details ARE present in quite a bit of free content)...not something that costs $30!
Agreed 100% Though wires are very rarely found in 3D models of any quality due to the difficulty in rigging (and in the case of wires running along a wall, like what would be realistic for a model like this treehouse, for aesthetic reasons as well)
Then again, how many lamp or phone models do you see with a plug-in cord? How many full modern building scenes do you see with electrical outlets? Not very many, but that's mainly because few people are interested in that level of detail.
But yeah, the architectural integrity and appliances that require central plumbing are the absurdities, and not the lack of electrical wiring which, let's be honest, few people care about, esp. outside of scene close-ups. Mind you, I'm not suggesting nor demanding that artists install plumbing pipes running up and down treehouses like this, simply that the plumbing facilities shouldn't be there in the first place.
Speaking of, let's not miss the fact that SOMEONE had to drag a toilet and a refridgerator up there! Unless they hoisted that stuff up using a crane, that is. Would that even work? Doesn't that sort of heavy machinery require a sturdy and level surface? I mean, engineers always lay the foundation first before building.
There have been a number of items in the store in the past year or so that fail the functrionality test. The 'fantasy fort' mentioned by wiz, above. Any number of four-wheel carts and wagons that have NO clearance for the front wheels, so it is impossible for them tro turn. The recent 'mad max' style motorcycle tricycle with the entire engine hanging un-supported off the front.
Which other vehicles? I'm guessing the Carriage House is one (but let's be honest, it's an absurd model anyhow, so who cares as long as you don't have it Milhorse 1 or two-drawn. Yeah, with how low the handles are, you'd better plan to have it drawn by a whole bunch of giant Noggin's rats...)The Missed It By That Much to Get a Bacon Steak Sandwich Complaint ThreadHappy Birthday, Tjohn!!!
Dana
Thank you, Dana. And thanks to all for the well-wishes. I'm feeling a little better today. planning to go out for a little breakfast this morning.
..waoh, how did Dana know that?
Well happy, (how many is it?) 62 trips around our central main sequence G class stellar primary. Not far behind you.
I take notes.
I put it in my Outlook calendar last year. The reminder popped up two nights ago.Dana
The Missed It By That Much to Get a Bacon Steak Sandwich Complaint ThreadHappy Birthday, Tjohn!!!
Dana
Thank you, Dana. And thanks to all for the well-wishes. I'm feeling a little better today. planning to go out for a little breakfast this morning.
..waoh, how did Dana know that?
Well happy, (how many is it?) 62 trips around our central main sequence G class stellar primary. Not far behind you.
Daz just pulled the 3DUniverse sale 15 mins early!!! Discounts no longer activeAnd you have to be careful- it might look okay but whenever you go to another page, it can change. It can also change once it starts being processed, when the swirling is occurring.Trying to avoid buying around 1am to 1:15am Central Time (and now, sometimes it's 1:25am or so) as the prices can easily change on you.
Yet more New Face sale price yoyosI found several items that have the same problem. I am a PC+ member, so the prices I see might be different than yours.
e.g., The Portello (13953) shows -81% $20.95 $4.03 in my wishlist and on its product page (50% DAZ Original sale, 30% PC+ discount on DAZ originals, plus some other (46%?) unnanounced reduction on FWDesign/Forbidden Whispers?), yet when I add it to my cart, it comes up as $10.48, clearly only with the 50% discount for DAZ originals, currently going in effect. Where's the extra 30% for PC+ and the other reduction?
Central District Subway (13713), Tangien Courtyard (12983) have the same problem (but not the Tangien Corner (12970) nor Tangien Portico(12971)). Only in my wishlist (both show -81%), but the product pages and shopping cart show 50%.
Yes I refeshed the browser, restarted the browser, logged out and back in. This was not happening earlier in the day, but I fear these prices will be gone by the time anyone can do anything about it. More lost sales...














