-
Another Dazaholic Needs an Intervention Thread - Pro Bundle Edition
I own 27 G8 pro bundles, but I own over half of the 76 core figures, which didn’t sound right until I realized that the centaurs counted for two, and the list also included the basic morph packs. I got Victoria and Michael for free, I bought the parts of Gabriela’s bundle that I wanted out of Fast Grab, I picked up Caryn and Tobyn during a March Madness sale, Charlotte’s starter bundle somehow showed up in a PC+ for a day sale and I got it for $3, the Girl 8 was, if I remember correctly, free as a giveaway of core characters...
I’m really at a point of diminishing returns for pro bundles. There are a bunch more that I still have wishlisted, but none that I’m super excited about except maybe Alexandra.
The older generation: Victoria 2/3, Michael 2/3 and their children rendersThis one I call ''Uh oh, looks like trouble"
Glamorous Vickie 3 has wandered too far while talking on her phone. Suddenly she's in an area she doesn't know, surrounded, with no way back, forwards or to either side.
Figures are Glamorous Vickie, Aurore and Aisling (latter two are G8F). Car is Dry Jack's Fiat 126. It's strange and rather nice to see one with a UK number plate. Street is 'Northern Terrace Street'.
Wow, nice. I've found mixing Mil-3 with Genesis close together more often usually looks jarring, but she looks very darn good next to the modern figures - the only giveaway is those skinny V3 arms.
Never really noticed skinny V3 arms before, always thought it a feature of the particular look of GV3, but looking back at some of the older images I favourited on Rendo, yep, you are right. I can't really remember using V3 much myself. I suppose I may have done, but my DAZ history seems to start in 2002 with Victoria (1?) sample maps but not Victoria, not sure why. I suspect my PC was such a limitation at the time that I didn't do a great deal of rendering. In November 2004 I got a 0.7.?? beta of DS and spent a fair time trying to learn that. My first image on Rendo was using Poser 4 in Feb 2005 (still the only Poser image I've displayed), but since Sep 2005 all my images including figures have been DS or Flowscape. Will admit to a gap 2007-2019 where I did nothing; a 26 hr 43 min rendering may have prompted that and convinced me my PC couldn't cope with V4..
Oh, I only started using Daz end of 2016, but curiousity prompted me to a few older figure purchases at the beginning, but running Daz on Linux with Wine as I do, I found the older figures meant a more stable Studio, I could cram more figures in, and the simpler skin materials made it easier to experiment.
I've had 4 day renders - but they really need to be interesting images or I'd get bored waiting and cancel as not worth the inconvenience.
V3 skinny arms aren't as bad as Sp3s strange upper arms - worst cases mostly due to poses failing to utilise collar joints as well as arm joints.
Using Daz Models for Videogames - is it worth it?well the simple answer is obviously yes it is cheaper to buy DAZ licenses than to pay someone else to create you bespoke models.
is it cheaper to buy DAZ licenses and models than other options
not always depending on what you buy or are willing to do yourself
yeah that is another thing i love over daz is they "really cheap prices" even the licenses time to time get some discount like 30, 40, 50 or even 70% discount without count the "regular prices discount sales, it easy make daz much, really much more cheaper than many high or middle quality stuffs in unity or unreal stores.
Sometimes i really can't understand that "bad stigma" daz got about "game" is more like some peoples or do hate the ideal or do fear or never tried or tried in the wrong moment, like the age of victoria 4 and g1 and g2 where the d3 game was still in the "toddler" and kid phase" and really you could not work with "proper realistic characters", but with the current ps4 and incoming ps5 age and the today pcs, you can easy use g3 or g8 character almost without any issue as long you know what you are working with.
Mostly because the DAZ models are good and usuable in games mostly. The trash talkers are the same ones that trash people buying game frameworks and assets in the Unity / UE4 asset stores. You really needn't pay them any mind.
The older generation: Victoria 2/3, Michael 2/3 and their children rendersOn an aside, I've always read that as Victoria 3 Self Addressed Envelope...
The older generation: Victoria 2/3, Michael 2/3 and their children rendersAfter years I finally realized that I had always used Victoria 3 SAE, the one bundled with the first version of DAZ that I downloaded (2.X). I have all generation 3 (Michael 3, The Girl, The Freak, David, Aiko 3), but I never had Victoria 3.
Also because when I started V4 was just released, and in a short time I had the basic version for free.
The older generation: Victoria 2/3, Michael 2/3 and their children rendersThis one I call ''Uh oh, looks like trouble"
Glamorous Vickie 3 has wandered too far while talking on her phone. Suddenly she's in an area she doesn't know, surrounded, with no way back, forwards or to either side.
Figures are Glamorous Vickie, Aurore and Aisling (latter two are G8F). Car is Dry Jack's Fiat 126. It's strange and rather nice to see one with a UK number plate. Street is 'Northern Terrace Street'.
Wow, nice. I've found mixing Mil-3 with Genesis close together more often usually looks jarring, but she looks very darn good next to the modern figures - the only giveaway is those skinny V3 arms.
Never really noticed skinny V3 arms before, always thought it a feature of the particular look of GV3, but looking back at some of the older images I favourited on Rendo, yep, you are right. I can't really remember using V3 much myself. I suppose I may have done, but my DAZ history seems to start in 2002 with Victoria (1?) sample maps but not Victoria, not sure why. I suspect my PC was such a limitation at the time that I didn't do a great deal of rendering. In November 2004 I got a 0.7.?? beta of DS and spent a fair time trying to learn that. My first image on Rendo was using Poser 4 in Feb 2005 (still the only Poser image I've displayed), but since Sep 2005 all my images including figures have been DS or Flowscape. Will admit to a gap 2007-2019 where I did nothing; a 26 hr 43 min rendering may have prompted that and convinced me my PC couldn't cope with V4..
Using Daz Models for Videogames - is it worth it?well the simple answer is obviously yes it is cheaper to buy DAZ licenses than to pay someone else to create you bespoke models.
is it cheaper to buy DAZ licenses and models than other options
not always depending on what you buy or are willing to do yourself
yeah that is another thing i love over daz is they "really cheap prices" even the licenses time to time get some discount like 30, 40, 50 or even 70% discount without count the "regular prices discount sales, it easy make daz much, really much more cheaper than many high or middle quality stuffs in unity or unreal stores.
Sometimes i really can't understand that "bad stigma" daz got about "game" is more like some peoples or do hate the ideal or do fear or never tried or tried in the wrong moment, like the age of victoria 4 and g1 and g2 where the d3 game was still in the "toddler" and kid phase" and really you could not work with "proper realistic characters", but with the current ps4 and incoming ps5 age and the today pcs, you can easy use g3 or g8 character almost without any issue as long you know what you are working with.
Beta for DazCentral, your new Content ManagerI tried it, it didn't try to install anything. It picked up my paths from DIM but still said I didn't have Daz Studio installed. The list of your products is in way too big a font -- even if I was starting out it would quickly become unwieldy. Having the figure the product applies to is the only plus, but you can't sort by that column, and AFAICT it's just pulling that information from the store pages, which has problems (textures for outfits don't have a compatible figure listing, and DazCentral doesn't know that listing Victoria 7 means it's G3F).
I'm not the target audience, but it doesn't feel to me that it would give a new user anything but confusion.
After closing it I opened DIM and nothing had been altered (although I hadn't tried to change any paths in DazCentral).
Stop genesis from loading morphsI think if it adds a dial, it adds to the RAM overhead. Genesis figures are a lot mor complex than like victoria 4. In the push to realism, there are a lot of JCM built right into the base. It's why the armpits for example look so much better than V4.
Was able to run some base tests, here is the results
G8F Starter Essentials File loaded in 0 min 29.5 sec 577MB RAM Load
64 expressions with dials added File loaded in 0 min 3.6 sec 633MB RAM Load
Starter, 41 non-HD Bases File loaded in 0 min 27.1 sec. 1,194MB RAM Load
Starter, 41 Base + HD File loaded in 0 min 14.4 sec 1,104MB RAM Load
Starter, 41 Base + HD + My Essentials File loaded in 0 min 21.1 sec 1,398 MB RAM Load
The last test, "my essentials" includes the packs like glute control, breast control, and all my 3rd part naughty geographs lol. It's oddly inconsistant, not sure why. In hindsight I should have did a few loads of each setup, then averaged them. Oh well. The test did convince me that I should do a clean reinstall though, that snappy load time was great. I am planning on doing a test, seeing if regular poses have an effect, and also clothes and hair before I proceed though.AIUTO...CHI CONOSCE L’ITALIANO? PARTE DODICICavolo, mi sono accorto adesso di una cosa, non ho mai comprato Victoria 3.0, ho tutte le figure della serie Generazione 3, persono David, ma non ho mai comprato Victora 3. Ho sempre usato la versione SAE che usciva in bundle con il DAZ. E vero anche che quando ho iniziato io era ppena uscita V4 e te la regalavano anche se solo giravi nel sito, io l'ho avuta con l'iscrizione a quella specie di social della DAZ (ti ricordi @Muscleman) e ho sempre usato lei.
New Bluejaunte character alert - Ensley HDI have baked a set to match the male UV, and I have used them some, too.

How would one bake a set to the match the male UV? This sounds interesting.
I'm sorry I never saw this question. I think you need to UV swap product first for the UVs to be available, but I'm not 100% sure. The procedure is the same as baking a unique G2 or G3 skin to match the base. You use the Map Transfer tool, but instead of selecting the base for the target, you select the opposite sex base. That's where having the UV swap product comes in.
So once done you will have a full set of textures fit to the other sex. Then you can use the nice roughness textures and materials of a bluejaunte girl on males in the same way I did for Victoria. This doesn't make them look feminine at all. It compliments pretty much any skin.
I wouldn't do a good job explaining, but this thread does, and it has helpful pictures. This was what I went by when I did mine. https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/95701/tutorial-converting-custom-genesis-2-uvs-to-genesis-3#latest
@outrider42 thank you so much for this. I spent the weekend trying to figure out how to transfer the maps from G8F to G8M. I use UV swap on the figure itself and it works well, but I want to use G8F skin on the male AFE mesh and of course you need a Male map for this.I will study this thoroughly.
I used the UV swap first to get the female skin on the male. Then use the map transfer like described. I forgot I left that first step out. The process is actually pretty easy once you do it a couple times, its just getting the default templates to match the correct textures. Genesis 3/8 make this a lot easier since there are fewer different surfaces and groups than Genesis 2 had. And G8 makes it even easier because now all the related eye textures are one template. Basically all the surfaces that share the same texture are grouped together.
If you use a bluejaunte skin like say Nadya, you kind of only need to do it once, LOL. I think Nadya works particularly well because of how her fair skin settings seem to work more unilaterally with less tweaking. And like the newer BJ girls, she uses fewer maps to get the job done, and the maps are more optimized. Basically the newer BJ girls are more VRAM friendly and render slightly faster, too. So I think there is a real benefit to using newer ones like Nadya. I'm sure Ensley's would work great, too. Plus since Ensley has a new foot displacement texture, you could even convert that with this process and give the male that same foot displacement.
I can't find my Nix pictures for some reason, so I made a couple new ones. The is "Bluejaunte Nix". He is using Nadya roughness and bump maps. His base, trans color, and normals are still Nix. I used a bright light to show how the skin reflects it across the surface. This might be the closest we get to bluejaunte male without kidnapping bluejaunte. But this is why one would do that whole process, as it lets me use these new Nadya textures with ANY Genesis 8 male, even Genesis 3.


I am not using any HD morph, I don't have his. But that might be a consideration since I am using the Nadya bumps. I could maybe switch Nix bumps back in, but I still like Nadya's. Going this route does mean you are depending on your normals and mesh for those character specific details more than before. However I think the trade off is well worth it. His skin looks like skin to me. Grab a mesh body hair and you are in business.
I suppose the only real negative is the lack of a matching genital roughness texture. I think there was a free UV map at Rendo that somehow uses the torso texture on the Daz genital prop. I've never used it, so I have no idea how well it could work. But I happened to scroll over it one day looking at freebies.
Also, if you are doing some sort of comic like material, having bluejaunte skin on a male will make the men look like they belong in the same world with the bluejaunte women. That's really the biggest win, I think. There is no male that looks quite like the bluejaunte females. Now I could could place this Nix in a scene with Nadya or somebody and he would not look out of place.
Multiple Heads with posesI tried to make a three-headed dragon with DAZ Dragon 3. I took two extra dragon figures, shrunk everything except the head, neck, and chest (for alignment purposes) to nothing, then aligned them with the main body and parented them to it. The problem happens when I try to pose the dragon. Some poses work fine. Other poses, however, have the extra two heads become offset. I tried locking them. I tried fitting them to the main dragon. Nothing I tried works.
Poses included in the DAZ Dragon 3 base product and DAZ Dragon 3, Victoria 8 and Michael 8 Poses seem to work fine. The DAZ Dragon 3 Fantasy Poses not only doesn't work, but also makes the dragon very tiny and upside-down (does not happen with a regular dragon). Dragon Master Poses, Cinematic Poses for DAZ Dragon 3, and Dragon Trainer's Toolbox do not work. Oriental Dragon and DAZ Dragon 3 Poses works with some poses but not others, though the offset is less severe. The Dragon Master Pose Control works fine. I do not currently own any other dragon pose sets.
Is there some way to fix this problem, or will I have to not use those poses?
Report sales errors here: "There's Always Another Sale™""Daz 3D has let us know that they are working on the issue with the sales rules and it shouldbe fixed in a few minutes. In the meantime we have a contest. Post what your favorite product is and why. The most entertaining 3 answers that have been posted when the issue is fixed each get $150 store credit added to their acount. Here is my post"
Victoria 8 , who continues the long linage of Victorias...since the very 1st Victoria 1. The beginnings od DAZ.
Probably too late, butDoes anyone know the name for these outfits?Hi there!
The second image you linked the hair is Rasta Hair from outoftouch, makeup looks like LIE Make-up Set 2 from Neikdian, the character looks like RY Tessa with one of the Super Natural Brows from RedzStudio. For the outfit the jacket is X-Fashion Street Dancer from Xtrart-3d but the undershirt I'm not sure about as I can't see enough of it to tell.
Hope this helps!
ElliNew Bluejaunte character alert - Ensley HD
@outrider42 thank you so much for this. I spent the weekend trying to figure out how to transfer the maps from G8F to G8M. I use UV swap on the figure itself and it works well, but I want to use G8F skin on the male AFE mesh and of course you need a Male map for this.I have baked a set to match the male UV, and I have used them some, too.

How would one bake a set to the match the male UV? This sounds interesting.
I'm sorry I never saw this question. I think you need to UV swap product first for the UVs to be available, but I'm not 100% sure. The procedure is the same as baking a unique G2 or G3 skin to match the base. You use the Map Transfer tool, but instead of selecting the base for the target, you select the opposite sex base. That's where having the UV swap product comes in.
So once done you will have a full set of textures fit to the other sex. Then you can use the nice roughness textures and materials of a bluejaunte girl on males in the same way I did for Victoria. This doesn't make them look feminine at all. It compliments pretty much any skin.
I wouldn't do a good job explaining, but this thread does, and it has helpful pictures. This was what I went by when I did mine. https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/95701/tutorial-converting-custom-genesis-2-uvs-to-genesis-3#latest
I will study this thoroughly.
Help identifying character pleaseBest I could whip up. Michelle's texture, so I tried dialing in a bit of her head as well, didn't look quite right. Added in a bit of the Tara 2 (same vendor as Michelle) head morph as well. Looks close, but not quite. Those expressions in the promos really set it off, and they're hard to duplicate.
65% Michelle's head, 32.5% Tara 2 - it's not DEAD ON, but it's in the ballpark.

Yes, I agree. I'd buy those settings in a set of presets as a DAZ product.
New Bluejaunte character alert - Ensley HDI have baked a set to match the male UV, and I have used them some, too.

How would one bake a set to the match the male UV? This sounds interesting.
I'm sorry I never saw this question. I think you need to UV swap product first for the UVs to be available, but I'm not 100% sure. The procedure is the same as baking a unique G2 or G3 skin to match the base. You use the Map Transfer tool, but instead of selecting the base for the target, you select the opposite sex base. That's where having the UV swap product comes in.
So once done you will have a full set of textures fit to the other sex. Then you can use the nice roughness textures and materials of a bluejaunte girl on males in the same way I did for Victoria. This doesn't make them look feminine at all. It compliments pretty much any skin.
I wouldn't do a good job explaining, but this thread does, and it has helpful pictures. This was what I went by when I did mine. https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/95701/tutorial-converting-custom-genesis-2-uvs-to-genesis-3#latest
Help identifying character pleaseBest I could whip up. Michelle's texture, so I tried dialing in a bit of her head as well, didn't look quite right. Added in a bit of the Tara 2 (same vendor as Michelle) head morph as well. Looks close, but not quite. Those expressions in the promos really set it off, and they're hard to duplicate.
65% Michelle's head, 32.5% Tara 2 - it's not DEAD ON, but it's in the ballpark.

Looks great! What hair is that btw? If you make the hair a very dark brown instead of black it will match even more.
EDIT: Is it Mega Updo?
Help identifying character pleaseBest I could whip up. Michelle's texture, so I tried dialing in a bit of her head as well, didn't look quite right. Added in a bit of the Tara 2 (same vendor as Michelle) head morph as well. Looks close, but not quite. Those expressions in the promos really set it off, and they're hard to duplicate.
65% Michelle's head, 32.5% Tara 2 - it's not DEAD ON, but it's in the ballpark.

Looks great.
/em tags thread
Help identifying character pleaseBest I could whip up. Michelle's texture, so I tried dialing in a bit of her head as well, didn't look quite right. Added in a bit of the Tara 2 (same vendor as Michelle) head morph as well. Looks close, but not quite. Those expressions in the promos really set it off, and they're hard to duplicate.
65% Michelle's head, 32.5% Tara 2 - it's not DEAD ON, but it's in the ballpark.

That is very good looking. Comparing the two, I personally like your version a bit better.
The beauty of the genesis models is how easy it is to whip up a custom character just by dialing in a few character morphs here and there.













