• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • bend control for Genesis 9?

    New update.. I try to follow the tutorial but it seems that there is something wrong with my figure.. when I load the morph to correct the figure, this morph breaks.

     

     

     

    By

    artistsbrushoftheworld artistsbrushoftheworld March 2024 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • how do i make a genesis 8 face transfer?

    pretty new to daz, so this might be a stupid question but when i am using the face transfer the only option for base is genesis 9, and i want genesis 8. is there anyway to fix this?

    By

    mcdonaldzayne mcdonaldzayne March 2024 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • gen 9 to gen 8.1 or gen 8 converters

    johnbuckeridge said:

    FSMCDesigns said:

    ...or just use G9. There are already converters to get all your G8 and G8.1 content (except HD) over to G9

    It's an improving picture, but not everything has been covered by converters so far, Michael. 

    Like what? I have everything I need for G9, clothing converters and clones, hair converter, texture converter, morph converter. The only thing I can't convert are the HD morphs and heels (always a problem)

    By

    FSMCDesigns FSMCDesigns March 2024 in Product Suggestions
  • Celebrity Look-a-Likes for 3D figures Part 4

    AOBB continues their excellent work on celebrity morphs. This time it is a Blade Runner series for Genesis 9.

    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/678901/aobb-s-l-a-2019-g9-head-morph-bundle-7-1982-blade-runner-characters-no-materials-incl#latest

    Dandy - Edward James Olmos

    Deadly Dame - Joanna Cassidy

    Detective - Harrison Ford

    Lady Noir - Sean Young

    Punkette - Daryl Hannah

    Tycoon - Joe Turkel

    Warrior - Rutger Hauer

    By

    Haruchai Haruchai March 2024 in The Commons
  • New! Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 14

    Fishtales said:

    You can see the straps aren't on the shoulders in the main picture on the shop page. 

    You are right. You can say the same about no strap adjustment morph being included. I didn't examine it critically enough. Fortunately Daz return policy is good, and I have already received my refund, and I no longer have this in my library.

    It wasn't just the high strap and lack of adjustment that made me finally give up on this dress. I can make my own morph. However, when I imported it to Blender to make a morph, I really discovered all the other issues in the product (unwelded garment pieces, dense triangles instead of quads, not designed to support DS smoothing or subD, floating modeled topstitching).

    By

    barbult barbult March 2024 in Art Studio
  • bend control for Genesis 9?

    crosswind said:

    You're already good at sculpting with ZB, then you just need to learn how to bring in the morphs and well set them up in DS...

     

    do you have tutorial? I try to paste the morph in Property Hierarchy but Daz Studio freezes... I don't know how to do this, I can't find any tutorials either. Nor is there Bend control to buy in the store.

    By

    artistsbrushoftheworld artistsbrushoftheworld March 2024 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • bend control for Genesis 9?

    crosswind said:

    You're making muscular morph(s) on G9... so you still have to make corrective morphs (cbs) for bending joints while the muscular morph(s) are dialed.

    The standard workflow: Show Hidden Properties in Parameters pane, you can find G9's default cbs for this forearm bend. Then make (with external sculpting software) and import corrective morph, and ERC Link it (Multiply, 2nd Stage) to the muscular morph in Property Hierarchy.

    It seems to be more complicated than it seems... I already got confused and didn't understand anything hahaha 

    By

    artistsbrushoftheworld artistsbrushoftheworld March 2024 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • bend control for Genesis 9?

    You're making muscular morph(s) on G9... so you still have to make corrective morphs (cbs) for bending joints while the muscular morph(s) are dialed.

    The standard workflow: Show Hidden Properties in Parameters pane, you can find G9's default cbs for this forearm bend. Then make (with external sculpting software) and import corrective morph, and ERC Link it (Multiply, 2nd Stage) to the muscular morph in Property Hierarchy.

    By

    crosswind crosswind March 2024 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Calibretto-ish Robot/Golem/...?

    For those who don't know, this Calibretto:

    I'm looking to make a Calibretto inpsired character, and I wonder if anyone knows of a good base character. The best I've found is a Warjack for Poser elsewhere on the web.

    And the alternate would be to morph a G8 or G9 character to roughly those proportions and add a mix of medieval and Sci-Fi armor, but I've yet to find good looking, detailed mechanical hands, and haven't found a good head/helmet, either.

    So, I'm open to suggestions :-)

    By

    Hellwolve Hellwolve March 2024 in The Commons
  • New! Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 14

    barbult said:

    I hope you are doing OK, Novica.

    I'm posting this here, because I know you have a large following who appreciate hearing about other users' experiences with products. I am returning Bogolan Dress for Genesis 9. It looks cute in the promo images and has nice material patterns, but the construction of the garment is very disappointing. Parts of the dress aren't welded to each other, and they separate when the product's default smoothing is applied. The straps are way above the shoulders and there is no adjustment morph to fix it. The top stitching detail is made up of tiny dense mesh (probably straight out of Marvelous Designer). There is a hidden "structure" surface that contributes nothing but extra useless mesh as far as I can see. It isn't connected to any of the rest of the dress, so I don't see how it supplies any "structure". The whole thing is is made of triangles, not quads. I won't buy from this PA again, based on this experience.
     

    You can see the straps aren't on the shoulders in the main picture on the shop page. 

    By

    Fishtales Fishtales March 2024 in Art Studio
  • New! Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 14

    Robert Freise said:

    barbult said:

    I hope you are doing OK, Novica.

    I'm posting this here, because I know you have a large following who appreciate hearing about other users' experiences with products. I am returning Bogolan Dress for Genesis 9. It looks cute in the promo images and has nice material patterns, but the construction of the garment is very disappointing. Parts of the dress aren't welded to each other, and they separate when the product's default smoothing is applied. The straps are way above the shoulders and there is no adjustment morph to fix it. The top stitching detail is made up of tiny dense mesh (probably straight out of Marvelous Designer). There is a hidden "structure" surface that contributes nothing but extra useless mesh as far as I can see. It isn't connected to any of the rest of the dress, so I don't see how it supplies any "structure". The whole thing is is made of triangles, not quads. I won't buy from this PA again, based on this experience.
     

    Thanks for the info.

    I had it in my wishlist glad I hadn't purchased it yet

    I will add a "Me To" as well. Both outfits by the PA were just put on my wishlist, but now off. Feedback is critical and why I love Novica's thread. Thank you @barbult for the details. I hope the PA reads this and improves their work. They do offer a style of clothing not otherwise offered in the store. 

    By

    memcneil70 memcneil70 March 2024 in Art Studio
  • [SOLVED] Subtle Distortion of Genesis 8 and 8.1 Female Figures

    teexmo said:

    It looks like some pose and expression are automatically applied now to each character based on the Genesis 8 base male figure.
    How to figure out what is Iit?

    I solved this problem. It was a shape distortion appearing on all characters based on the Genesis 8 or 8.1 male base figure.
    Using Edit/Figure/Zero/Zero Shape returned the undistorted base Genesis 8 male figure, but not only the distortion was lost, but also all of the character's shape features.
    The script proposed here did not show anything suspicious.
    So, I tried one by one, temporarily deleting the morph sub-folders of the installed characters in the \data\Daz 3D\Genesis 8\Male\Morphs\ folder.
    After removing the character morphs "Percy For G8M by khoshekh" the problem disappeared.
    Conclusion. Be careful. The installation of one character can affect all other characters and it may even be difficult to notice if the changes are not so obvious.

    By

    teexmo teexmo March 2024 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Transferring G8 morphs to G9

    franky85 said:

    AndrewJJP said:

    Just let me prefix this with a "this doesn't answer the question"...

    I used this with great success to move some of my favourite morphs form G3->G8, and the lack of such a product for G8->G9 is one of the things that's stopping me moving across. I used it mainly with expressions, and I still use some of the converted expressions frequently.

    https://www.daz3d.com/xtransfer--genesis-3-to-genesis-8-converter

    While I'm no expert, I can imagine its harder for G9 since the mesh topologies and densitties look more different than they did for G3->G8, but I too would find such a product immensely useful.

    There are products that achieve similar results, by ManFridday and RSSY - just that the UIs are very different.. one of them is already linked in the first comment of this thread. They do more or less what the steps I showed were with typically less fiddling.

    I have used xtransfer plenty in the past and it does the same thing I explained pretty much.. except that it merges the G3 clone for G8 in the transfer process so  you don't need to dial it as an intermediary.. you can see it happenning on your scene while it runs. Also transfers hidden JCMs etc which I didn't cover but I was just showing the ropes, not a super in-depth transfer :-)

    Yes G8 is G3 with minute differences... iirc only around the eyes, hands and feet did it have slight differences.. and T vs A pose. Other than that the shape is pretty much the same.

    Thanks, I'll check them out!

    By

    AndrewJJP AndrewJJP March 2024 in The Commons
  • New! Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 14

    barbult said:

    I hope you are doing OK, Novica.

    I'm posting this here, because I know you have a large following who appreciate hearing about other users' experiences with products. I am returning Bogolan Dress for Genesis 9. It looks cute in the promo images and has nice material patterns, but the construction of the garment is very disappointing. Parts of the dress aren't welded to each other, and they separate when the product's default smoothing is applied. The straps are way above the shoulders and there is no adjustment morph to fix it. The top stitching detail is made up of tiny dense mesh (probably straight out of Marvelous Designer). There is a hidden "structure" surface that contributes nothing but extra useless mesh as far as I can see. It isn't connected to any of the rest of the dress, so I don't see how it supplies any "structure". The whole thing is is made of triangles, not quads. I won't buy from this PA again, based on this experience.
     

    Thanks for the info.

    I had it in my wishlist glad I hadn't purchased it yet

    By

    Robert Freise Robert Freise March 2024 in Art Studio
  • New! Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 14

    I hope you are doing OK, Novica.

    I'm posting this here, because I know you have a large following who appreciate hearing about other users' experiences with products. I am returning Bogolan Dress for Genesis 9. It looks cute in the promo images and has nice material patterns, but the construction of the garment is very disappointing. Parts of the dress aren't welded to each other, and they separate when the product's default smoothing is applied. The straps are way above the shoulders and there is no adjustment morph to fix it. The top stitching detail is made up of tiny dense mesh (probably straight out of Marvelous Designer). There is a hidden "structure" surface that contributes nothing but extra useless mesh as far as I can see. It isn't connected to any of the rest of the dress, so I don't see how it supplies any "structure". The whole thing is is made of triangles, not quads. I won't buy from this PA again, based on this experience.
     

    By

    barbult barbult March 2024 in Art Studio
  • Freebie Challenge March 2024 - "Power Source" - Main Thread

    Stealing the Power Core

    No one else was on the ship, they had all fled to the escape shuttles when all the emergency alarms went off. Of course, he had been the one to trigger them. The traitor was alone, no one had noticed that he had remained behind. Now was his chance - the brand new, secretly developed power core was unguarded and ripe for the taking. With the fortune he would make from selling it on the black market, he knew he would be able to retire to any planet he desired!

    Freebies:

    Anakin Skywalker for G8M and G8.1M (Character Morph) - https://www.deviantart.com/shinteo/art/Anakin-Skywalker-for-G8M-and-G8-1M-873019338

    Walther G8M (materials) - https://sharecg.com/v/92848/favorite/21/DAZ-Studio/G8M-Walther

    S.EXE Full Outfit G8F - https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/96378/sexe-full-outfit-g8f

    Sci-fi Suit for Gf8 - https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/88617/sci-fi-suit-for-gf8

    Panther Gloves G8M - https://www.sdebstore.com/collections/free-stuff/products/panther-gloves-g8m-free

    Batgirl for G8F and G8M dForce (Boots) - https://sharecg.com/v/94473/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Batgirl-for-G8F-and-G8M-dForce

    Cyber Glasses 2 - https://www.renderhub.com/mbit/cyberglasses-2

    Every Day Style Hair (and beard) G8M - https://www.renderhub.com/zoro-d/everyday-style-hair-for-genesis-8-males

    Glowing Eyes - https://sharecg.com/v/99763/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Glowing-eyes

    The Brawl! Poses for G8M - https://www.renderosity.com/freestuff/items/84898/the-brawl-poses-for-g8m

    Unsplash Space BG (I don’t remember which one, sorry!) - https://unsplash.com

    AAL Plasmaball (Glowing Core) - https://sharecg.com/v/74972/favorite/21/DAZ-Studio/AAL-Plasmaball (This thing is really useful!)

    Tetrasphere (It's inside the sphere for colors)  - https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/541886/the-january-2022-render-challenge-glass/p2 (scroll down a little over half way)

    Ghastly's Sci-Fi Sets - https://sharecg.com/v/93518/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Ghastlys-Sci-Fi-Sets

    Iray Jewelry Shaders (On just about everything except the character) -  https://sharecg.com/v/95893/favorite/21/DAZ-Studio/Iray-Jewelry-Shaders

     

    No Count:

    Space Station Window - Can’t find anymore, was free when I got it (I used this once before and forgot that it was no count, lol!)

     

    Paid:

    None

     

    Lighting is the default HDRI light and point lights in Daz Studio.  I tweaked the materials, the lights and the pose.  Set up and rendered within Daz Studio Iray.  Postwork in Pixelmator Pro.

    I’ve attached the before post render (the one that says Raw Render) and the finished image file.

    By

    Fae3D Fae3D March 2024 in Freebies
  • AOBB's L.A. 2019 G9 head morph bundle - 7 1982 Blade Runner characters. No materials incl.

    This bundle includes the same characters as the ones I made for G8.1 plus the new head morph of Eldon Tyrell (Tycoon G9). The brand new sculpts are definitely superior to their G8.1 counterparts.

    The Lady Noir G9 morph included in this bundle is an improved version of the "standalone" Lady Noir G9 that I released before, so you might want to replace the Lady Noir G9 you have installed before with the one from this bundle. That's up to you. Just in case, I won't remove the previous version of Lady Noir G9. You just can't have them installed simultaneously, because they share the same name.

    Non-commercial use only!

    You will find the bundle here:

    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jSP98tWVpksBgqQjPNleAkcQ-JSDSWkc/view?usp=sharing

    And here is how the morphs look like:

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

     

    Enjoy and please post your renders with these morphs in this thread. Thank you!

     

    Cheers,

     

    AOBB

     

    Edit: Two errors in the brow and hair table were brought to my attention. I have fixed them in the table just now but for those who have already downloaded the zip with the "erroneous" table, here are the correct versions:

    Akemi Baby Hair for G9

    Daiosa Hair for G8F.

    Sorry about that.

    By

    AOBB AOBB March 2024 in Freebies
  • "Universal" Geoshell? (solved - sadly, no, but workaround!)

    tsroemi said:

    Thanks again, everyone! I tried the map transferring from G9, and I thiiiink I got it - map transfer itself is still a bit complicated for me, because I've never used it before although I knew broadly what it does. But I did get an arm tattoo to fit to G8 instead of G9. So, success! yes 

    The whole process seems like quite a lot of hassle though, especially since I'll have to recreate all the presets for the different parts of the tattoos. It would be cool if tattoos were decals, so one could fit them to basically anything and also move them around! Dare I even ask - could I not perhaps convert geoshell tattoos into decals? (Will understand perfectly if y'all are done with answering my questions here! Juuuuust in case ... wink)

    Pls check the tut from Jay related to Map Transfer - https://youtu.be/YxE5Lfkid1M?si=Oga_-eJ-_MW1Lbv2

    The trick for your case : Map Transfer can not directly handle the texture maps on a geoshell, you have to assign the texture map from the geoshell surface slots to the corresponding surface slots on the figure before using Map Transfer. (copy / paste will do)

    As for using decals, it also depends... Decals are UV independent, so a full image / stencil of a tattoo has to be used for being projected on the figure. Like the above-shown SS, tattoos on Body, Arms (across seams...) cannot be directly used while the ones on Abs, Chest mostly can.

    By

    crosswind crosswind March 2024 in The Commons
  • Transferring G8 morphs to G9

    AndrewJJP said:

    Just let me prefix this with a "this doesn't answer the question"...

    I used this with great success to move some of my favourite morphs form G3->G8, and the lack of such a product for G8->G9 is one of the things that's stopping me moving across. I used it mainly with expressions, and I still use some of the converted expressions frequently.

    https://www.daz3d.com/xtransfer--genesis-3-to-genesis-8-converter

    While I'm no expert, I can imagine its harder for G9 since the mesh topologies and densitties look more different than they did for G3->G8, but I too would find such a product immensely useful.

    There are products that achieve similar results, by ManFridday and RSSY - just that the UIs are very different.. one of them is already linked in the first comment of this thread. They do more or less what the steps I showed were with typically less fiddling.

    I have used xtransfer plenty in the past and it does the same thing I explained pretty much.. except that it merges the G3 clone for G8 in the transfer process so  you don't need to dial it as an intermediary.. you can see it happenning on your scene while it runs. Also transfers hidden JCMs etc which I didn't cover but I was just showing the ropes, not a super in-depth transfer :-)

    Yes G8 is G3 with minute differences... iirc only around the eyes, hands and feet did it have slight differences.. and T vs A pose. Other than that the shape is pretty much the same.

    By

    franky85 franky85 March 2024 in The Commons
  • Transferring G8 morphs to G9

    nabob21 said:

    Thanks franky85, very helpful. Just for clarification though, in step 4, when I click Favorites, do I need to select the favorited morphs from a list?

    It's going to transfer the ones you favorited in step 2.

    By

    franky85 franky85 March 2024 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.