• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Report sales errors here: "There's Always Another Sale™"

    I've got a new sales page, but all the products are swirlies and the $1.99 page goes to a Michael and Victoria page.  It's an hour past Daz midnight, shouldn't this work by now?  I need to go to bed, but I can't until I see new products!

    By

    Fae3D Fae3D June 2020 in The Commons
  • Report sales errors here: "There's Always Another Sale™"

    The $1.99 links to a Michael and Victoria page again, prices not at $1.99. This may be a cache error as I'm in the UK, I suppose.

    I"m seeing 1.99, but we're also into that store cross over period, too.

    By

    Cris Palomino Cris Palomino June 2020 in The Commons
  • Report sales errors here: "There's Always Another Sale™"

    The $1.99 links to a Michael and Victoria page again, prices not at $1.99. This may be a cache error as I'm in the UK, I suppose.

    By

    James_H James_H June 2020 in The Commons
  • Iray Renderer Memory Use vs Texture Size

    Huh?

    NO. NO. NO.

    Unless you're talking ancient software, 8 bit color depth means 3 bytes of color. 8 bits for the red, 8 bits for the green and 8 bits for the blue.

    So a standard 8bit 4k image takes up 50,331,648 bytes or 49,152Kb or 48Mb. So a 4k texture uses 48Mb for every map it uses. A texture could use several maps per shader: diffuse, displacement etc. so it is not so simple as saying each texture uses x amount of memory. You'd also need to figure out how many maps are used.

    For instance base Victoria 8 uses, on the surfaces I checked, 4 maps per surface, base color, translucency color, dual lobe specular reflectivity and base bump. so a figure that uses 4k maps for all of those would 192Mb per shader in the texture, for instance the arms, legs, torso, face, eyes and teeth in most, all?, G8 figures. 

    So the original quote is correct except for the weird decimal shift error.

    As to limits, most of us want to render on GPU so a scene doesn't take days to complete. Beyond 4k you're getting into map sizes even a RTX 8000 would struggle with. So just don't. 4k is overkill in almost all uses as well.

    One issue with the original quote though maps are not always loaded into VRAM uncompressed. There is a setting that controls which maps are compressed and by how much.

    By

    kenshaw011267 kenshaw011267 June 2020 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Keicy dForce breast FAQ

     

    See why you say it's easiest to start w Keicy.  But if a person dForces at all, it doesn't take long to figure out how to apply to your own character.  Though just as easy to start with Keicy.  Works either way.

     

     

    Hi @Saxa --SD  (or Hamster, too, if you are checking in),

    Could you please share the steps on getting the G8F character to work when NOT starting with Keicy? I've tried a few things, but you do NOT want to see what happens to a Victoria with her dForce is set improperly. :-(

     

    Thanks!

    By

    Neuron EdGe Neuron EdGe June 2020 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Retired

    For those interested, Sickleyield has a few items on sale today :-)

    Genesis 8 clones for Genesis 3

    Victoria 4 and Michael 4 clones for Genesis 8

    Her clone products come with more than just the clones, she has some projection templates as well as helper morphs.

     

     

    By

    Catherine3678ab Catherine3678ab June 2020 in Freebies
  • Question... what am I doing wrong? (Genesis 8 male Quinton character)

    Well, one issue I have found, is that the skin on the female is This one, https://www.daz3d.com/ry-alison-for-victoria-8 which is Iray only, so that may have a bit to do with it, but still as pale as  Quinton looks in his promos, he should NOT be that dark. I'll find another  skin for her and see if she is still as pale or if she suddenly goes as dark as the guy.

    By

    Malandar Malandar June 2020 in The Commons
  • What's the Difference Between Characters Based on Genesis 8 and Victoria 8?

    Characters "for V8" use the Victoria 8 morph as part of the morph mix to create the shape of the character.

    They will work without V8 (you'll get a warning when applying the character) but will look different. How different depends on what percentage of the V8 shape they use.

    By

    Leana Leana June 2020 in New Users
  • What's the Difference Between Characters Based on Genesis 8 and Victoria 8?

    If you mean the "Key advancements with the Genesis 8-based Victoria 8" on her product page, those are features of Genesis 8. The same blurb is present on all core figures based on G8.

    Perfect- thanks much. Is there something about Victoria 8 that is carried over into the characters that are listed as using V8 as a base, or is it just a different way of saying 'Genesis 8'? That is, will a character morph that lists V8 work on the regular G8 base?

     

    By

    Honzo Honzo June 2020 in New Users
  • What's the Difference Between Characters Based on Genesis 8 and Victoria 8?

    If you mean the "Key advancements with the Genesis 8-based Victoria 8" on her product page, those are features of Genesis 8. The same blurb is present on all core figures based on G8.

    By

    Leana Leana June 2020 in New Users
  • What's the Difference Between Characters Based on Genesis 8 and Victoria 8?

    What's the Difference Between Characters Based on Genesis 8 and Victoria 8? I understand that Victoria 8 is a character based on the G8 base model, and I see a bunch of interesting features associated with her like muscle bulge. I assume these features also apply to characters that say they are based on V8. But I see other characters that just say they are based on G8- do they have the features of back-ward compatibility, muscle bulge and so on listed on the V8 character? I haven't found any other character that addresses this in detail.

    By

    Honzo Honzo June 2020 in New Users
  • Where is Genesis 8?

    Did you install the Genesis 8 Starter Essentials package(s)? If so, you should find the Genesis 8 Basic Female in your Content Library under People/Genesis 8 Female.
    Victoria 8 is a morph of Genesis 8 Basic Female and she is not generally free. Occasionally she is offered free or highly discounted with some other purchase or sale deal.

    By

    barbult barbult June 2020 in New Users
  • Where is Genesis 8?

    Where is the Genesis 8 base figure? I was under the impression that Genesis 8/Victoria 8 was part of the free download package with Daz Studio, but I can't find either. I have Genesis 2 and 3 material, Michael from Poser and the Freak which I guess is based on him, and Victoria 6 and 7 (based on Genesis 2 and 3?) but that's all. I have been through ALL the file systems that can be accessed from the program, and cannot find any 8 figures.

    When I google for 'free base figures in Daz Studio' it takes me to the store, where instead of free base figures, I see $44 characters based on G2 and G3. Is G8/V8 actually paid material? If so, where do I find it?

     

    By

    Honzo Honzo June 2020 in New Users
  • Wrestling poses do not work

    I see one advantage in using scripts; it decreases the amount of pose files by 50% because each script covers 2 poses.

    Downside is the poses only work when 2 characters are selected and you cannot use expressions separately.

     

    But what really surprised me is that these poses "use bone translations in addition to bone rotations."

    This means in addition to bend/twist/side dials the bones are also moved into X/Y/Z directions. I have never seen this before.

     

    I wonder what reason lead to this decision. It's my impression that Genesis 8 figures actually have very realistic and flexible joint limits. (Victoria 4 & Michael 4 were pretty stiff in comparison.)

    Does anyone know why this X/Y/Z movement of bones might be necessary?

    GOTO and interacting figures poses have translations, usually hip translations.  That's what puts them where they need to go in a scene, and positions interacting figures with respect to one another.

    By

    Sevrin Sevrin June 2020 in The Commons
  • Wrestling poses do not work

    I see one advantage in using scripts; it decreases the amount of pose files by 50% because each script covers 2 poses.

    Downside is the poses only work when 2 characters are selected and you cannot use expressions separately.

     

    But what really surprised me is that these poses "use bone translations in addition to bone rotations."

    This means in addition to bend/twist/side dials the bones are also moved into X/Y/Z directions. I have never seen this before.

     

    I wonder what reason lead to this decision. It's my impression that Genesis 8 figures actually have very realistic and flexible joint limits. (Victoria 4 & Michael 4 were pretty stiff in comparison.)

    Does anyone know why this X/Y/Z movement of bones might be necessary?

    By

    Xen2k Xen2k June 2020 in The Commons
  • What Happened TO Guy 4 for M4?
    I think I found a solution to a problem Okay long story short I needed to have an equivalent for the girl 4 to make a male figure that matches the style of that character . once upon a Time Daz offered a figure morph pack called the guy 4 but apparently the person who created that passed away they retired the package and it is no longer available. at that point I started messing around with alternative means to try to figure out this problem to make a stylistically matching male figure to go with the girl 4 . I remembered that sometimes Michael 4 will take Victoria 4 morphs . I applied the girl for morphs to Michael 4. And hallelujah the morphs took , however when I use the dial to change the head into that style the eyes go all wonky and do not scale up and change with the morph neither do the teeth. now I'm trying to figure out how I can fix this so that every time I pose the figure I don't have to readjust the eyes and the teath . if anybody has any ideas please feel free to share

    Could you perhaps fix the eyes and teeth in the default pose and position, then export it at base resolution as an OBJ then reimport it back in as a morph for M4? I have only made morphs for Genesis figures, so I don't know if the older generation figures work the same or not when it comes to creating morphs for them. 

    By

    3Diva 3Diva June 2020 in The Commons
  • What Happened TO Guy 4 for M4?
    I think I found a solution to a problem Okay long story short I needed to have an equivalent for the girl 4 to make a male figure that matches the style of that character . once upon a Time Daz offered a figure morph pack called the guy 4 but apparently the person who created that passed away they retired the package and it is no longer available. at that point I started messing around with alternative means to try to figure out this problem to make a stylistically matching male figure to go with the girl 4 . I remembered that sometimes Michael 4 will take Victoria 4 morphs . I applied the girl for morphs to Michael 4. And hallelujah the morphs took , however when I use the dial to change the head into that style the eyes go all wonky and do not scale up and change with the morph neither do the teeth. now I'm trying to figure out how I can fix this so that every time I pose the figure I don't have to readjust the eyes and the teath . if anybody has any ideas please feel free to share

    By

    bluto bluto June 2020 in The Commons
  • the guy 4
    I think I found a solution to a problem Okay long story short I needed to have an equivalent for the girl 4 to make a male figure that matches the style of that character . once upon a Time Daz offered a figure morph pack called the guy 4 but apparently the person who created that passed away they retired the package and it is no longer available. at that point I started messing around with alternative means to try to figure out this problem to make a stylistically matching male figure to go with the girl 4 . I remembered that sometimes Michael 4 will take Victoria 4 morphs . I applied the girl for morphs to Michael 4. And hallelujah the morphs took , however when I use the dial to change the head into that style the eyes go all wonky and do not scale up and change with the morph neither do the teeth. now I'm trying to figure out how I can fix this so that every time I pose the figure I don't have to readjust the eyes and the teath . if anybody has any ideas please feel free to share

    By

    bluto bluto June 2020 in The Commons
  • macOS Catalina and Victoria 4.2 installation

    I confirm the DzCreateExPFiles.app is still not up to date for Mac OS X  10.15. I have a lot of Michael, Victoria, and Freak content, including Morphs.

    By

    krbishop krbishop June 2020 in Poser Discussion
  • Generation 3 Aiko and Hiro Appreciation Thread

    Sorry, edited the title of the thread 'cause I just realized some new peeps might think gen3 stands for Genesis 3 and not generation 3.

    To avoid that kind of confusion I identify the older Poser compatible figures (say Vicky 1, 2, 3 and 4) as the Millennium or Mil' figures.  Example, Aiko 3 would be part of the Mil'3 range and Victoria 4 as part of the Millennium 4 or Mil' 4 series.  The Mil' 1 and Millennium 2  models can arguably be considered the same series.  The rigging and mapping are exactly the same, the Mil' 2 figures just had additional morphs.

    Y'might wanna' give that a try.

    Sincerely,

    Bill

    For that matter, there doesn't seem to have been a Michael or Stephanie prior to Millenium 2, and the zeroed V3 has the exact same mesh shape as V2, though the mesh, UVs, and rigging are all new. 

    And Michael 2 is still in the store if you need him:  he walks as a zombie called Grim. If you already have Mike2, the Grim mesh is a functional FBM.

    By

    Eustace Scrubb Eustace Scrubb June 2020 in The Commons
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.