• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • The older generation: Victoria 2/3, Michael 2/3 and their children renders

    Cagedrei MultiVic, head is Victoria 1 and body is Possette. I think she could be Harley

     

    Oh my, Harley she is. LOL

    By

    Kerya Kerya June 2020 in Art Studio
  • The older generation: Victoria 2/3, Michael 2/3 and their children renders

    Cagedrei MultiVic, head is Victoria 1 and body is Possette. I think she could be Harley

    By

    DollyGirl DollyGirl June 2020 in Art Studio
  • Goth/horror beauty in gift card promo?

    It's from the Gallery: https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/1014816/

    The artist is Morris (the PA who created Daisy 8's textures). In the description, she says "This is a 1/2D8 and 1/2V8 morph", so 1/2 Daisy 8 and 1/2 Victoria 8.

    She credits this as well, so it's probably where the rings come from: https://www.daz3d.com/hand-salon--fake-nails-and-jewelry

    By

    3Diva 3Diva June 2020 in The Commons
  • What was your first DAZ purchase, and how long ago?

    Michael and Victoria back in September 2000.

    By

    Ronwald Ronwald June 2020 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • ZDG random Daz Studio discoveries and questions.

    Been a busy few weeks, and I'm late with this one.

    So, foreground left is Daisy8, wearing the Versitial Dress surface zoned into a skirt, and the Party Monster outfit tube top using the Versatile dress included shader presets. Right is SASE Jazz (without Sahira8, 25% Daisy8 instead, and Daisy8 ears), Whatever the hell "DW outfit" is ("dForce Wardrobe & Shaders 1 for Genesis 8 Female", that's a mouthful, no wonder it's just called 'DW' everywhere else, lol.), with GIMP made maps from the included set for the not included 3DL I baked up, The skirt looks good. Maybe someday I'll make and save some presets for 3DL, eh, good enough for now. At least Jazz's maps were much easier with a drop in 3DL shader and use, I will confirm despite showing up when explicitly searching for "3delight" there are no presets for 3DL with Jazz, the maps do work tho. Oh, four seasons Fay wings parented via a 'null', and fussed with shader settings for the hell of it.   I'll also point out 'Blue' in the background (Violetta by Anagord, Renderosity), I use them Versatile dress shaders on her outfit as well. Overall, most of the stuff was rather painless, with some tinkering on a few things that the mislabeled keyboard didn't help much with.

    in the realm of new things and this talk of the gong from 7nm to 5nm and beyond, I think some forget that the names are just names are not the actual feature size. for quite a few years now node shrink numbers have been implied performance gains independent of actual dot pitch per-say. While it is very true that the wavelength of an electron is around 10nm actual size, the Direct tunneling limit of Silicon happens around 3nm in actual size. The current smallest feature of 7nm wafer process is actually closer to 40nm, so we have a ways to go before we run into the limits of Electron wavelengths. It's actually rather amazing considering the wavelength of what they are using to etch the features on the wafers is almost an order of magnitude larger at around 193nm (for normal light, EUV is smaller, not that much tho).  Speaking of light, that's 192nm not !(@nm Logitech, grr, something that's been bugging me for 3 years now.

    Quite frankly, I don't give a single voxel about the snobs that scoff at anyone that looks at the keyboard, they can be somewhere else with there insulting ways (Sagittarius A is a nice place to imagine sending those types of people to, lol).  As for the keys, I find it irritating that every so often I do look at the keyboard, and when I see the symbol on the left side of the keyboard on the top of the key, and instinctively press the shift for it, often resulting in the wrong thing thanks to no one making a Proper ANSI full-size backlight keycap set. I originally didn't worry too much when I got the K70 and G610, as their cherry keys, ye can 'supposedly' swap out the incorrect keycaps for ones that are correct. The difficulty has been locating said set of ANSI full-size keycaps with the left side glyphs in the correct spots. I've looked off and on since 2016, I have yet to find any. combined with cherry's rapid-fire and ignoring random keypress glitching, I sort of lost any interest in mechanical keyboards at this point. the never look at the RGB show on the keyboard crowd can keep their non-standard junk, I want something that actually works correctly that isn't mislabeled to trick us, mere mortals, into pressing the wrong thing.    Speaking of pressing the wrong thing, I guess a few did click the subscribe button without the bass-ackwards keys tricking them into un-subbing.

    Congrats, rather late, Buildzoid for the 100k subs. B)

    Maybe someday, we can get motherboards that don't skimp out on USB ports for our keyboards, mice/trackballs, StreamDecks, X-keys, Wacoms tablets, External Soundcards, CAD 3D-mice, GamePads/Joysticks, WebCams, etc.  I agree with BZ, motherboards that have less than 7 USB type A's on the back are pointless for a workstation. It's sad in a way, my FX8350 computer has more type A plugs internal or external, than a lot of modern boards have. Between the RGB controller, fan controller, front panel plugs, and CLC, 2 internal Type-A plugs just doesn't cut it. And that's not the only thing that is giving me doubts about a lot of z490 and B550 boards.

    For now, a small meme, that will be back for more, lol.  Thermal laws, and the rate of heat flow. Oh yeah, it's been a busy few weeks (GN news vid, random stuff) and this is only part of the stuff I hadn't gotten around to making a post on, yet.

    By

    ZarconDeeGrissom ZarconDeeGrissom June 2020 in Art Studio
  • Does SY V4 and M4 Clones for Gen 8 (Sku: 50281) work well?

    Hello All,

    I had noticed this item come up on sale and I am curious if it works well:

    https://www.daz3d.com/sy-victoria-4-and-michael-4-clones-for-genesis-8

    While I do not have much in terms of V4 and M4 clothing, if this works well, I might consider buying it to make use of clothing for those characters.  So I am asking those that have this if it does work really well and if there are any caveats or issues.

    Thank you,

    Beo

    By

    jukingeo jukingeo June 2020 in The Commons
  • Trouble installing content.

    It should appear in the Content Library under Poser Formats>content directory>Figures>Daz People. If the files are properly installlled there should be a scroll icon at top-left of the Victoria 4 thumbnail. If it seems to be there and you are still not getting a dialogue try holding down the ctrl(Win)/cmd(Mac) key as you double-click to load.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine June 2020 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Do things here usually settle down after the PC+ month sales?

    Waiting patiently for Victoria 9...

    laugh

    Hell no.

    By

    nicstt nicstt June 2020 in The Commons
  • After 20+ years...

    Here is my perspective. If a product is defective, and 100 people fix it themselves, it is a collosal waste of time. In a former job, I worked with a small staff of people. We handled the voting records of 250,000 people in the City of Minneapolis, Minnesota. We had to sort the records to fit the political divisions of the city: Ward, Precinct, etc. I helped my fellow employees modify our sorting efforts to save a lot of time. DAZ needs to totally revamp the way their content is assembled. The first step (as others stated) would be to provide a list of guidelines concerning product names, organization of files & folders, etc. Eliminate all "vanity" folders as well.

    As of today, I believe my compromise is to keep the "default" DIM installation, and work with Categories. It's still far from a comprehensive solution.

    Having been here since Daz3d's store was created, there will be some point where Daz3d overhaul everything and change the content management (probably not in the way that you expect since artists tend to like things like vanity folders and don't like theoretical changes that interfere with their workflow and cashflow) and there will be a large contingent that hates it because that is the nature of people.  You should pick the method that works for you since you live with the results.  I'm not sure the forum gives a particularly accurate measure of the number who have problems with the content system since we tend to get the most "vocal"; I compare it to those people who are all over the forum about how they think that the store has too much scantware but never seem to buy the products that are more more modest and with flat shoes enough to push them into the best seller easy money maker strata.  Talk tends to be cheap.  However, this is beside the point. For you, this product is defective so people like me who have had little problem with Smart Content even with my hundreds of pages of product are beside the point.  I would suggest not to make hard promises about what system you will you will commit to until you stick to one.  A long time ago, there was a tv show called Talk Soap which was a comic news show about tabloid and celebrity news. The host at the time, Greg Kinnear, introduced a story about a man who was getting married for the 34th time. He turned to the audience and said "You know, after the 21th divorce, I would have thought that maybe it's me that is the problem".  So i am hoping that you will achieve a system that you will live with or decide that you are spending too much time organizing.  I occasionaly browse my product library page if I need to find that perfect product from the days of Michael and Victoria 1 for example.  in any case, I hope you do get a modicum of enjoyment creating and rendering.

    By

    nemesis10 nemesis10 June 2020 in The Commons
  • 3D Art Freebie Challenge-June 2020 - "A Day At..." - Main Thread Only

    There are four more days until the end. Here is my Day At....the Wedding

    Victoria 4, Fantasy Romance Dress by Rose2000 textures are Cho's Fantasy Romance Textures. I used [https://poserdazfreebies.miraheze.org/wiki/Audry_Hair Audry Hair] and character and texture are [https://poserdazfreebies.miraheze.org/wiki/Alta_V4Riho_Free_(alta_Riho_for_V4.2) alta_Riho for V4.2]. The links to the dress and texture for the dress are on this [https://poserdazfreebies.miraheze.org/wiki/Fantasy_Romance_Dress_for_V4 page] Hair flowers are [https://sharecg.com/v/86382/view/21/DAZ-Studio/Cinco-de-Mayo-Hair-Trim-Addon these]. Jewerly, necklace and earrings are a product currently not available as is the bouquet. Rendered in iRay.

    By

    DollyGirl DollyGirl June 2020 in Freebies
  • Do things here usually settle down after the PC+ month sales?

    Waiting patiently for Victoria 9...

    laugh

    NOT ME!!!!! frown

    By

    FSMCDesigns FSMCDesigns June 2020 in The Commons
  • Trouble installing content.

    Hi Richard, thanks for your quick reply!
    The V4 Elite Body Shapes, and Victoria 4.2 Shapes ++ stay as empty icons with a triangle and an exclamation mark (?) in my Content Library window after I click to install.
    And the V4 Elite Body Shapes Powerloader doesnt show at all, so I cant Inject the face morphs, despite the Daz Install Manager saying all these are installed ok.
    I think I had problems with a couple of the M4 Elite characters too.
    This is my first time using Studio for a while and my first ever attempt with DIM. Ive always manually installed everything before. Thats why I cant get my head around not being able to find Renderosity Content.
    Anyway, Any help would be appreciated. If not I'll try an earlier version of Daz Studio from when I could use it.

    Thanks again.
    D

    By

    dshield dshield June 2020 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Do things here usually settle down after the PC+ month sales?

    Waiting patiently for Victoria 9...

    laugh

    By

    The Blurst of Times The Blurst of Times June 2020 in The Commons
  • Sci-Fi Environment: Daz3D Store

    Hi,

    I imagine Daz3D selling Victoria and Michael androids.

     

    By

    Noah LGP Noah LGP June 2020 in Product Suggestions
  • Female anatomy for gen 8 default figure ?

    But do these kits work with the default figure or do you have to have one of the female pro bundles?

    each package has it's own requirements on the store page so you have to check them. in general for what I saw (but never used them) there are two kind of products: controllers and add-ons only - which require default daz genitals morphs - and standalone morphs which only require the free Genesis figure (or sometimes Victoria, Monique or whatever paid actors, if they are more specific)

    By

    brvsn brvsn June 2020 in New Users
  • What outfit is G8F Neve HD wearing?
    FWSA Erynn HD for Victoria 8 and LF Erynn Lingerie https://www.daz3d.com/fwsa-erynn-hd-for-victoria-8-and-lf-erynn-lingerie

    By

    doubledeviant doubledeviant June 2020 in The Commons
  • After 20+ years...

    I don't use Smart Content because it doesn't appear to know about all my content. I am worried that Categories info might be corrupted if a database goes bad, whatever. These days I cheat. I create various collection "runtimes," (Gen4 DAZ for content up to & including Victoria 4, etc.), Scenes Favorite, Animals, etc.

    Once I get DIM to do my work, I copy each of those collections, and rename them (the copy of Gen4 DAZ becomes Gen4Ron). Then I arrange things so I can find them.

    By

    Ron Knights Ron Knights June 2020 in The Commons
  • DS 4.12 Loading a new character does not reset all morphs. Why?

    @PerttiA

    That may not be the issue. This problem most often occurs when a user has inadvertantly saved some morphs over the base figure. The easy way to tell is if the base Genesis 8 or Victoria 8 or whatever has the same issue.

    One can also select the "guant" SC character, go to the parameters tab ans view the "used" morphs to see what is causing the issue.

    "Most often"? I would disagree, how does one even save the morphs "over the base figure", and even if this was true, it could easily be corrected by re-installation of the relevant Starter Essentials, which "many" have tried without any success.

    If the user has installed a character called "Goblin", which has the default value saved at 100%, then each and every figure/character using the same base figure, has the "Goblin" activated when opened after the installation of "Goblin", even in scenes you have saved some 6 months ago and never opened since - That's just the way DS and Genesis 1-8 figures works.

    The procedure that I gave, corrects the situation by changing the default value of "Goblin" to 0% for good, which corrects the problem for all figures/characters using the same base figure.

    By

    PerttiA PerttiA June 2020 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Female anatomy for gen 8 default figure ?

    I have an existing gen 8 figure, custom modelled (even the skin customized).

    Is there any way to add anatomy to the existing female gen 8 figure? Maybe via third party products?

    Or is the only way via Victoria?
    If so, can I transfer the complete custom gen 8 model (morph, skin etc.) to Vic8?


     

    Not sure what you are trying to do, but as pointed out, victoria 8 is simply a morph for genesis 8 female. All you have to do to transfer your genesis 8 character to victoria 8 is to turn a dial in the morphs section

    As for the anatomical elements you can use the ones that come with any adult pro bundle (IF you have the specific textures for the anatomical elements) or you can use a 3rd party addon from renderotica that will use the torso maps and offer better looks and functionality

    By

    FSMCDesigns FSMCDesigns June 2020 in New Users
  • Female anatomy for gen 8 default figure ?

    Victoria 8 is just a shape for G8F, it's not a separate figure.

    To have the anatomical elements provided by Daz you need to own one of the Genesis 8 female pro bundles (well, any of the adult ones, they're not provided with teens or stylized/toon figures). They're a geografted item, and can be applied to your existing character (you'll probably need to reapply materials to them).

    By

    Leana Leana June 2020 in New Users
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.