• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Daz Studio and Linux

    IceCrMn said:

    For me, the category section isn't populating, so I'm guessing that is why I don't have any tags or ability to filter search.

    I'll look into it later it's not that big a problem right now as not everything has metadata to search anyway(older stuff).

    Currently I'm installing my Steam library.

    Civ6 plays very well.

    Benchmarks show me being better or equal to the 99th percentile for performance with my RTX 3060

    Gathering Storm bench dipped into the 50FPS range occasionally during the "Heavy AI" benchmark.

    I'm happy with that.

    Right now waiting for all 100GB of Fallout 4 to download so I can test it.

    Are you running Steam in WINE? The reason I'm asking is because my nephew plays all his games from Steam in Linux Mint I can't repeat his comments about Wine in the forum or in mixed company

    By

    Robert Freise Robert Freise January 2023 in The Commons
  • AI is going to be our biggest game changer

    We can only hope that litigation will shut the heavy hitters like Midjourney down...or heavily gimp them by making them need to completely rebuild from scratch

     

     

    Keep hopingwink
    AI generated art cannot be copyrighted because an AI does NOT  have legal “personhood”

    there are literally millions of new images  being produced per day that belong to no one.

    Those can be used for new training data .

    So any notion of even one of the big AI companies being “shut Down” by “starving” the AI is pure fantasy.

    Midjourney reportedly viewed 300 TB of online images to create their 5GB training CPTK

    how many terabytes of non copyrightable AI images already exists as of  20 jan 2023?.. one wonders

    Best case scenario is that a court orders a “clean” training data set in, some future ruling, and after

    months or years of  appeals etc, how many terabytes of non copyrightable AI images will exists by then.

    And before anyone declares them “fruit of the poison tree” well there  is that existing court ruling that declared AI art as essentially belonging to no one .

    Game over.

     

     

    and if the process is found to violate copyright then those images will also violate copyright. Even if theya re not themselves protected it is still possible for them to infringe, and so for anything else derived from them to inherit that infringement. It would depend, no doubt, on the fine detail of any judgements.

     

     

    Well since there is no metadata in the AI generated images on the internet you cannot legally determine where the new  training data images online came from, particularly images altered in photoshop to fix flaws etc.
    Also there is a  legal percentage of derivation that makes something an original work soeach new AI image will have to be examine to determine which one does not meet the threshhold…not practical

    so ..no.. a "friuit of the poisen tree" argument will likey fail

    Game overcool

     

    By

    wolf359 wolf359 January 2023 in The Commons
  • Daz Studio and Linux

    For me, the category section isn't populating, so I'm guessing that is why I don't have any tags or ability to filter search.

    I'll look into it later it's not that big a problem right now as not everything has metadata to search anyway(older stuff).

    Currently I'm installing my Steam library.

    Civ6 plays very well.

    Benchmarks show me being better or equal to the 99th percentile for performance with my RTX 3060

    Gathering Storm bench dipped into the 50FPS range occasionally during the "Heavy AI" benchmark.

    I'm happy with that.

    Right now waiting for all 100GB of Fallout 4 to download so I can test it.

    By

    IceCrMn IceCrMn January 2023 in The Commons
  • Creating partial geometry shell?

    I don't think I understand what you are trying to do.

    But to create a partial geoshell, you can export a geoshell and in a modeller delete the unwanted parts.

    Then import in DS, run transfer rigging to the character, and if parented to the character act as a partial geoshell.

    By

    felis felis January 2023 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • How to make G9 skin look wet.

    synechodus_b7d65b3411 said:

    Not tried with G9, but really easy with G8 (but NOT 8.1 where you can't import top coat mask image). I do it entirely in top coat so I can easily add and remove without touching base settings.

    That is down to the differnce between the iray Uber base shader and the PBR Skin shader, not 8 vs 8.1 per se.

    There are far more complicated ways of doing this that give far better results for close ups, but for a normal image and not extreme close up this is fine.

    Make a black and white image of droplets (takes minutes on Photoshop etc from stock photos) with background dark and drops pale. Put this into but the top coat base level and top coat bump for all body parts (you may need a different one for the face as the scale is different). The levels will depend on lighting but typically top coat 70-95, top coat roughness 5-25, top coat bump 1-2.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine January 2023 in The Commons
  • OBJ Textures Name
    hi, I would need help with something. I have an obj file with lots of textures. but I don't know where everything should be because it feels like daz has other names for the textures. is there any good tutorial that can show easy way to import where all textures should be in which column. thanks in advance.

    By

    jonathanbjorkpozo jonathanbjorkpozo January 2023 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • How to make G9 skin look wet.

    Not tried with G9, but really easy with G8 (but NOT 8.1 where you can't import top coat mask image). I do it entirely in top coat so I can easily add and remove without touching base settings.

    There are far more complicated ways of doing this that give far better results for close ups, but for a normal image and not extreme close up this is fine.

    Make a black and white image of droplets (takes minutes on Photoshop etc from stock photos) with background dark and drops pale. Put this into but the top coat base level and top coat bump for all body parts (you may need a different one for the face as the scale is different). The levels will depend on lighting but typically top coat 70-95, top coat roughness 5-25, top coat bump 1-2.

    By

    synechodus_b7d65b3411 synechodus_b7d65b3411 January 2023 in The Commons
  • Icons on installed content (Smart Content view)

    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/interface/panes/smart_content/products_page/results_view/start#daz_connect

    Zsazsa is installed (colourd thumbnail) - the icon tells you you can install through Connect. If you don't want to don't log in from Daz Studio.

    Genesis Starter Essentials is not installed, or if it is the path it was isntalled to is not a Daz Studio content directory.

    Isae has user metadata associated with it - something you set yourself or vendor data from a much earlier build or otherwise not properly set up. You could just right-click on the product container in the Content Library and delete it, then do a normal install if you want it.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine January 2023 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Icons on installed content (Smart Content view)

    I upgraded DAZ Studio from 4.15 to version 4.21 and afterwards I re-imported the metadata for all content. I had issues in the past where characters with the same name didn't show up with the right picture in smart content. So I wanted to start as fresh as possible in this new version.

    Anyway, after doing that the icons don't reflect the current status of the installed content. For example, Zsazsa is currently installed (confirmed through DAZ Central), but the icon in studio indicates it's not installed. I also can right click it and select install, but I have not done that yet. It's clearly installed though as I can open the figure and load her into the scene.  (there are multiple characters/items with this install icon, this is just one example)

    figures

    The other issue is Isae. She was the only character that didn't get a picture loaded for her figure. I uninstalled her via DAZ Central and reinstalled the next day, but now she has a different icon. Any idea what this means or how to resolve it?  I am not logged in to DAZ Studio - I think I had done that as part of the metadata process, but it is not auto logging me in per the settings.

    By

    RR67 RR67 January 2023 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Genesis 9 to Character Creator 4

    It is certainly possible. Before exporting your Gen 9 figure from Studio, make sure you right click on the Gen 9 figure in the Scene tab and select "All" which makes sure all your bones, clothes, hair goes over into the exported fbx.

    Importing the figure into CC4, don't use Transformer, (although I guess there will be an update to correct this in future), instead import your figure as a Human-Non Standard. Close the Characterization tab. Next, open the AccuRIG tab, select Create Guides and click OK. When that finishes, select Generate Skeleton from the AccuRIG menu and let CC4 do its thing. When that finishes, select Bind Skin and let that finish.

    Then you can click on Check Animation and select a Motion, to make sure everything is working fine.  

    The figure still has the scary white eyes, so come out of AccuRIG and go to Edit Mesh in the CC4 menu. Select Sculpt, then click on the eyeball symbol next to Brush Type. Adjust the Radius of the red circle to be the same size as the eye and click on the eyeballs. You will get the pupils back - WOO HOO!

    Then click carefully on any white areas still visible around the eyes, including the surrounding whites and also the "tear" area, adjusting the radius as needed. This is a bit fiddly, but worth spending a bit of time getting this right. You can go out of Edit Mesh mode to check what it looks like, go back in to have another tweak if you need - it might take a few goes to get everything covered. 

     After that, you should be good to go. 

    By

    Rocco_9 Rocco_9 January 2023 in New Users
  • Smart Content is Not Showing All My Stuff

    SofaCitizen said:

    There is a simple solution for this - you just need to re-import the metadata.

    In Smart Content, click the hamburger menu Icon and Select Content DB Maintenance. In the box tat comes up tick "Process Metadata Queue" and "Re-Import Metadata" and click Accept. After a few seconds you'll see another window listing all the products it found installed which are all checked by default so just hit the Accept button. Then you just need to find something else to do for 10 minutes or so while it rebuilds your database.

    The reason why this happened is that, by default, the database is not stored alongside your downloaded product files and so would have been lost when you re-installed. However, the installed product files contain all the information in their dsx files and so the process I listed above goes through all these one by one and puts the data back into the database.

    The only thing that would be lost here is if you made any manual adjustments to the metadata e.g. adding assets to additional/different categories.

    That did the trick. Thank you very much!

    By

    Escribano Escribano January 2023 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Organizing files?

    SofaCitizen said:

    PerttiA said:

    But the default search uses the database and older (ancient) products probably don't have the metadata for it. When one changes to search for files, the stuff should be found. 

    Hmmm, well I figured even the oldest of assets would still log the product name and asset name in the database even if everything was without a defined category and just dumped in Lost & Found. If they don't even have that then I guess doing a search in Windows Explorer would probably be the only way to find stuff then :(

    No need to search with the windows explorer, one can tell DS to search for files instead of in the database 

    By

    PerttiA PerttiA January 2023 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Smart Content is Not Showing All My Stuff

    There is a simple solution for this - you just need to re-import the metadata.

    In Smart Content, click the hamburger menu Icon and Select Content DB Maintenance. In the box tat comes up tick "Process Metadata Queue" and "Re-Import Metadata" and click Accept. After a few seconds you'll see another window listing all the products it found installed which are all checked by default so just hit the Accept button. Then you just need to find something else to do for 10 minutes or so while it rebuilds your database.

    The reason why this happened is that, by default, the database is not stored alongside your downloaded product files and so would have been lost when you re-installed. However, the installed product files contain all the information in their dsx files and so the process I listed above goes through all these one by one and puts the data back into the database.

    The only thing that would be lost here is if you made any manual adjustments to the metadata e.g. adding assets to additional/different categories.

    By

    SofaCitizen SofaCitizen January 2023 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Organizing files?

    PerttiA said:

    But the default search uses the database and older (ancient) products probably don't have the metadata for it. When one changes to search for files, the stuff should be found. 

    Hmmm, well I figured even the oldest of assets would still log the product name and asset name in the database even if everything was without a defined category and just dumped in Lost & Found. If they don't even have that then I guess doing a search in Windows Explorer would probably be the only way to find stuff then :(

    By

    SofaCitizen SofaCitizen January 2023 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • CloudFile

    I think that does rely on the metadata from the database, so not having PostgreSQL running/connected might well be the root of its issue.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine January 2023 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Organizing files?

    SofaCitizen said:

    Well, issues with the Lost & Found aside, if you have that installed then it should come up when using the search bar since that works with the names.

    But the default search uses the database and older (ancient) products probably don't have the metadata for it. When one changes to search for files, the stuff should be found. 

    By

    PerttiA PerttiA January 2023 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • im looking for Pip boy type of sci fi wrist gadget

    I'm not aware of any, but you could solve it by downloading a game mod for a higher res pip-boy, use modder tools to export is as an .obj file and then import it into Daz.

     

    There are a few wrist displays in the Daz store, but they are more of high sci-fi/cyberpunk holographic style. They are either very sleek and bright or it's a holo panel floating over the arm.

    By

    PixelSploiting PixelSploiting January 2023 in The Commons
  • Tutorial: How to Fix Oneiros

    WendyLuvsCatz said:

    I thought I would be clever and show you a DAZ studio only way but it was not easy as nothing is lined up xyz

    with geometry editor selected select the matching faces the other side

    invert selection and hide

    scale it -100 on X axis

    edit flip normals

    export that as obj no hidden checked

    import it and uhmmmmm line it up, this is the messy impossible bit blush

    yeah, i also at  first  in my frustration thought of creating separate faces in daz and closing those stupid holes, using a new texture for that entire wall, lol. It never looked good...

    By

    mding mding January 2023 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Tutorial: How to Fix Oneiros

    I thought I would be clever and show you a DAZ studio only way but it was not easy as nothing is lined up xyz

    with geometry editor selected select the matching faces the other side

    invert selection and hide

    scale it -100 on X axis

    edit flip normals

    export that as obj no hidden checked

    import it and uhmmmmm line it up, this is the messy impossible bit blush

    By

    WendyLuvsCatz WendyLuvsCatz January 2023 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Character falling through floor

    Seems like a stupidly simple problem but searching the internet hasnt helped so far. Using the Daz to Unreal plugin, I'm importing a prop gym building but starting with the floor. so I import the floor into an already created 3rd person game start up, set the floors collision to block all and when I press play the character just falls through the imported floor. I've tried importing with static and skeleton mesh, the same happens. I've set all collisions I or the intenet suggestions can think of and even started a new blank project, loading the ground before the character. Any help would be great. thanks.

    By

    CASINC CASINC January 2023 in Unreal Discussion
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.