-
Not So Fast! Interactive Game ~~ DONE~~Read The Moves!
TIMELINE
Yep, this is the fun post to watch. Want to know the mischief players are causing? This tells you who teamed up wtih whom, and who was on the receiving end. Then you can watch the payback. Who is the initiator of gutsy moves? What are the products getting shuffled around? Can you see a player's strategy? Are the other mischief makers clueless?
Where is Old Hagrad?I wouldn't "just" use this list to watch the game. The BEST part is the trash-talking between players, and the "encouragement" of players to do-it-to-it to other players.
ALL TIMES ARE CENTRAL TIME (Florida)
August 11: 10:45 Game is about to kick off!
August 11: 10:45p Novica sent RGcincy Old Hagred so he could get a kiss. He has 6 hours to pass her along or we do it.
August 11: 10:47p Novica NSF #5 Kismet2012. Kismet had to give up Make A Wish Props (Scepter) and take Piercings Collection (Nose Piercing.)
August 11: 11:25p Cancelled, it's a tricky move and we'll do it again later.August 11 11:30p 3dcheapskate NSF #1 which is swapping an item for another one that they own. ONE TIME USE. Got rid of Warrior Maiden Tanwen and took Yasuo for Lee 6
August 11 11:57p RGcincy decided Old Hagred just wasn't his type. Feeling sorry for barbult who must've eaten some Rat's Tail Dessert, he is sending Old Hagrad to help figure it out. Barbult has until 5:57am to pass her along or we do it for her.
August 12 12:16a RGcincy NSF #5 to jakiblue Say Bye And Hi He told her Aibell (Character) is tired of playing the game but Baby Packy is more than ready. (So now she has a big elephant to take care of.)
August 12 12:25a 3dcheapskate NSF #5 Say Bye And Hi. Feels that IceDragonArt needs to have a character with some BITE to it. Say bye to Aibell and hello to Sharks by AM: Great White Shark
August 12 12:28a 3dcheapskate #5 is on a roll targeting IceDragonArt, now NSF #5 again, Say Bye And Hi. She must replace Black Market Blade Silent Death (Twisted Blade) with prop Interstellar Killsat (from Stellar Fury.)
August 12 1:37a Novica NSF #2 We're Swapping Says Me to jakiblue. Novica forced a swap of The Ministry onto jakiblue, and took her Forgotten Tunnel Entrance. (Both items must be in each other's possession, it's a bit harder to do.)
August 12 2:19a Novica NSF #4 You and You swap to barbult and 3dcheapskate, because he's been having too much fun doing things to others and not getting anything done to him. She forced a swap between 3dcheapskate and barbult. 3dcheapskate gave up The Alcove to barbult and she gave up DM's Anardhaus to 3dcheapskate. (You must have the players swap the same TYPE of item. Both are sets.)
August 12 3:04am Novica just gave away some research so someone else can do a NSF #4. The first game player to claim it doing what she told them to do, gets it. Valid until 6:04am then she will use it. RGcincy and dreamfarmer can use the information and do a #2 We're Swapping Says Me if either wants to claim it.
August 12 3:22am 3dcheapskate makes a return move on Novica with NSF #5 (Sending one to the list and telling her what to get in return. Must be the same type item.) So BD Aspen is replaced with "even cuter Nybras." 3dcheapskate's words, not mine.
August 12 3:46am xmasrose claimed the free research.
August 12 4:09am xmasrose NSF #4 You and You Swap. RGcincy must give Sci-Fi Cockpit Interior to Dreamfarmer, who must give RGcincy Fantasy Cavern. She said RGcincy needed some fantasy in his life, and Dreamfarmer can welcome the future.
August 12 4:11am Novica NSF #2 We're Swapping Says Me Being stuck with Nybras, plans a double move. Watch and learn. Remember 3dcheapskate made poor IceDragonArt take that Great White Shark? Novica takes the shark from IceDragonArt who then gets stuck with Nybras.August 12 4:11am Novica's second move- NSF#2 again, We're Swapping Says Me. She dumps the AM Sharks: Great White onto unsuspecting Stormlyght and takes Stormlyght's adorable Keiko 6. So Nybras is IceDragonArt's problem, the shark is Stormlyght's pet, and Novica ended up with adorable Keiko 6. Thanks 3dcheapskate.
August 12 4:30a xmasrose NSF #5 Say Bye And Hi (force someone to give something up and chose what they take from the list)
to nonesuch00. She heard nonesuch00 had a fight with Sakura so she sent her packing, and the gentle dolphin is taking her place.August 12 5:18am Barbult refused to let someone stick her with Old Hagred. She stated, "I'll get you later RGcincy!" and sent the witch onto unsuspecting Wonderland. Wake up Alicia! You have until 11:18am Central Time to send that gal on her way.
August 12 5:42am Kismet2012 NSF #5 Say Bye And Hi (tells her what to give up, and what to take from the list.) Thoughtful Kismet2012 allowed Novica's toilet to depart and Novica took the walker from Senior Walker Prop. Novica is actually grateful and will see what she can do for Kismet2012. EDIT: five minutes later, Novica realizes what a slick move that was. She and Kismet2012 are the only two who own that, so Novica is stuck with it. For now.
August 12 5:51am 3dcheapskate NSF#4 You And You Swap nonesuch00 took Medieval Castle Interior from LaPetiteVerita. LaPetiteVerita took Patio Dining from nonesuch00.
August 12 5:58a kismet2012 NSF #6 I'll Take That, Thanks. Took the flashlight prop from Iray Ghost Light Kit 2 from LaPetiteVerita, had her replace it with Fluttery Wings(G3) (Dragonfly). Kismet2012 had to give up the Mistletoe Cookie from Christmas Cookies.
August 12 6:48am kismet2012 NSF #7 You're A Thief to Saphirewild. She must steal that sweet lil Dolphin from nonesuch00
@saphirewild You must now give up an item of the same type (Character) and pick a character from the MAIN LIST for nonesuch00
Because you only have one character to give up RDNA Sluggians went to the main list and is now available for others to use.August 12 7:14am Kismet2012 NSF #4 You And You Swap. xmasrose will swap the Diary (Open/Close) from Everyday Stationary with Barbult, who will swap out the Corkscrew from Wine Me.
August 12 8:00a Kismet2012 NSF #5 Say Bye And Hi to Wonderland. Bye went Monique 7 and she must say hello to the "adorable Benji Puppy HD" for Daz Dog 8. "He's just so cute." Keep an eye on Kismet2012- Wonderland is the ONLY one who owns that. You know what that means- and so does Kismet2012.
August 12 8:10a xmasrose NSF #5 to RGcincy because a close friend told her FW Laverne HD is not happy with him anymore and Morpheus "is in need of a good friend, poor thing is so lonely.." So Bye Laverne and Hi Morpheus.
August 12 8:26 3dcheapskate NSF #5 Say Bye And Hi to Novica. Because Nybras departed Novica's company, he thwarted her plan of ending up with Keiko 6 and made her give Keiko up. She is now the proud owner of a Housefly.
GAME PAUSED so Novica could add all the currently owned in the main list as red items.
August 12 10:19a Stormlyght NSF #5 Say Bye and Hi to nonesuch00 who must give up Versatile Terrain and take Jacuzzi Room. Oh, and she says she doesn't need a Moon Broom (you know, the move that got cancelled? She went after you anyway.)
August 12 10:32a Kismet2012 NSF #4 You And You Swap. Stormlyght will swap Winterblack Tower for dreamfarmer's DM's Cave of Secrets.
August 12 10:33a RGcincy NSF #7 Novica. You're a Thief. Okay folks this IS how you do it. RGcincy tells Novica who to steal from, and what to steal. THAT IS IT for RGcincy. She is stealing Mortuorum Sanctis (Coffin Lid) from 3dcheapskate. This is NOT GOOD NEWS FOR 3dcheapskate. (Thanks RGcincy!)
Because NOW Novica takes the pesky coffin lid (a prop) but gets to give up a prop to the list because she has too many props. It's her choice, so she dumps the Senior Citizen Prop (Walker) and gets to decide what prop 3dcheapskate has to take from the list. RGcincy just put himself on 3dcheapskate's radar. Novica decides that 3dcheapskate is the proud owner of Jump Your Way (Full Gate 4) because he's so good at horsing around in this game.
So note- the initiator of the NSF (RGcincy, decides who steals, (Novica) who they steal from, (3dcheapskate)and what they steal. (the coffin lid.) The person doing the stealing (Novica) decides what they have to give up to the list (same type item) (walker) AND what the person they stole from (3dcheapskate) has to take from the list (jumping gate) to replace the lost item. THIS IS A GREAT WAY TO GET NEW ITEMS INTO THE YES I OWN IT LIST.
Not So Fast! Interactive Game ~~ DONE~~Read The Moves!CURRENT STANDINGS: Check TIMELINE. There will be a few minutes lag.
Changes to what players had in their possession are marked in red.
The next post down starts the Timeline- it will track for you the latest moves by the gameplayers!3dcheapskate
Set 1: A Curious Hallway Set 2: Echoes of Andromeda
Props: Regenerator (Prop) Thursdays Child- Deaddy Bear (Bear)
Playtime (Hobby Horse)
Character: RDNA Sluggiansbarbult
Set 1: The Cage Set 2: Old Country Farmhouse
Props: Kick Scooter Signs of Protest (Sign Left Hand) Lemonade Stand (The Stand)
Character: Muckdreamfarmer
Set 1: aMAZEing Journey Around The World Set 2: Sun Hall
Props: Props: Fun In The Sun (Lounge Chair) Everyday Groceries (Toilet Paper)
Laundry Day Mega Set (Prop: Empty Dryer)
Character: Charlotte 8IceDragonArt HAS OLD HAGRED Can be moved NOW every 10 minutes Moved at 9:40 so can be moved 9:50 Central
Set 1 Cryptus Sepultus Set 2: Fantasy Tavern
Props: Hood Huntress Collection Boned Wings for G3/8 Midnight Skeleton
New Colony Props (Module 3e)
Character: Iray Alligator By AMKismet2012
Set 1: Bend of the River Cafe Luca
Props: Laser Toss Arcade Game (Prop) Porta Potty (Potty)
Iray Snow, Light and Ash
Character: Abel for Genesis 3 MaleLaPetiteVerita
Set 1: Enchanted Ballroom Patio Dining Set
Props: Jacuzzi Deck (Deck Chair 1 Red Cushion) RW Rafting Fun (Raft)
Blade Weapons (Rip Saw)
Character: Toon Generations Two EssentialsNonesuch00
Set 1: Versatile Terrain Set 2: Northern Terrace Street
Props: The Gardener's Potting Shed Tools (Wheelbarrow) Urban Warrior (Large Sword)
Geisha Prop Collection (4 Asian Inspired Fans)
Character: Baby PackyNovica
Set 1: DA Palm Island Set 2: Fancy A Game Of Chess
Props: Multi Letter System (Prop X Standard Font) Scrappy The Robot
Grapevines (Grapes)
Character: Sakura 8
RGcincy
Set 1: Abandoned Gas Station Set 2: Summer Gazebo
Props: Dream Home Great Room Access. (Bench) Steampunk Vent (Gears)
BBQ Grill Collection (Grill)
Character: Floyd 8Saphirewild HAD OLD HAGRED.
Set 1: Generic Sci Fi Corridor Set 2: Velodome Track
Props: Daybed Romance Ace of Spades Jack (Backpack)
The Firearm Pack (#2 Rifle)
Character: Belladonna for V4Stormlyght
Set 1: Mystical Cave Set 2: The Void
Props: Poseable Peonies (Bush Double 2) Iray Ghost Light Kit 2 (flashlight)
Cyber D Model 1 (Prop, not living)
Character: DA Unicorn for Daz Horse 2xmasrose Has had Old Hagred
Set 1: Bar Interior 2018 Set 2 Disconsolation
Props: Morphable Meershaum (Pipe)
Inflatable Boat (Outboard Motor) Daz Water Pump/Grain Silo (Water Pump)
Character: Toon AlienAll images are surimposedAlso, the "Clear the scene" option often takes quite a while to finish cleaning up the scene. I'd wait until there really is nothing else left in the scene before you load something new.
It never goes away if I wait. Anything that appears on the screen stays there permanently. For instance if I delete an item, it doesn't dissapear. If I move an item, not only the original position and the final position appear, but all the intermediate ones, as if I was depicting the movement. If I open several scenes in a row, all of them appear, superposed. Previous images only go away when I change the size of the central screen.
All images are surimposedOk, so i'm a complete newbie, and I have the following problem : the previous images or the previous positions of something stay visible on the central screen. I guess it isn't clear, so for instance :
I click on "clear the scene" : the scene stays there. I add a charater on the "new" scene : it's surimposed on the previous scene. I switch to "side view" : I now have on screen the previous scene, the new character in perspective view and the new character in side view, all surimposed. I rotate the character : now I have all the intermediate positions added to the rest. I zoom out : all the intermediate levels of zoom appear too. In fact, at this point the central screen has become a grey mess of surimposed characters. And it's not just characters : all the intermediate positions of the background stay on screen too if I rotate, same for the lower grid/floor... (and it's the same in the "auxiliary view", by the way)
It's corrected easily by changing the size of the central screen. If I reduce or enlarge its size, I can now see the final situation, for instance in this case the previous scene dissapear, and I can see only one copy of the new character in side view, zoomed out, as it should be. However, I don't think I'm supposed to change the size of the screen every time I do anything.
So, what is the problem and how do I fix it? Thanks in advance.
Not So Fast! A Contest For Mischief MakersDuplicates- you have elven monolith modular set twice. Take that out and choose another one :)
After you get done, you go to each of the list (the Yes I Own It and the Now Available) and identify which products you own. You'll have to also do Saphirewild's, you can copy/paste her posts and eliminate the ones you don't have. That's the easiest way to do the other lists too. Take a peek back through the pages and see how nonesuch00 and barbult did it.
Okay, I'm getting offline. You did good! :) I'll get back to this tonight, will be after 8:30pm Central Time.
Other people will be looking at yours and posting if they own it. I'll update all this tonight.
3D Art Central - A new 3d communityChanged the Server name to 3D Art Central
Cool. I'll check it out.
Polish's product called SubwayThere is a number of alternatives:
Historic Subway Station - https://www.daz3d.com/catalog/product/view/id/48563
The Central District Subway Station - https://www.daz3d.com/catalog/product/view/id/14246
Vandalized Tube Station - https://www.daz3d.com/catalog/product/view/id/13556
Parkside Station - https://www.daz3d.com/catalog/product/view/id/12256
Parkside Tube Station - https://www.daz3d.com/catalog/product/view/id/13494
The Old Railway Station - https://www.daz3d.com/catalog/product/view/id/20065
Rat Race for the Neo Station - https://www.daz3d.com/catalog/product/view/id/19054
Neo Station - https://www.daz3d.com/catalog/product/view/id/05893
Historic Japanese Train Station - https://www.daz3d.com/catalog/product/view/id/21814The Historic Subway Station has a serious flaw though - it is curved which means that no normal train wagon is capable of lining up with the edge of the platform. You can see it on the main promo actually - there is a huge gap between the platform and the middle door.
"Mind the gap!"
Great, now you have me missing London...
Polish's product called SubwayThere is a number of alternatives:
Historic Subway Station - https://www.daz3d.com/catalog/product/view/id/48563
The Central District Subway Station - https://www.daz3d.com/catalog/product/view/id/14246
Vandalized Tube Station - https://www.daz3d.com/catalog/product/view/id/13556
Parkside Station - https://www.daz3d.com/catalog/product/view/id/12256
Parkside Tube Station - https://www.daz3d.com/catalog/product/view/id/13494
The Old Railway Station - https://www.daz3d.com/catalog/product/view/id/20065
Rat Race for the Neo Station - https://www.daz3d.com/catalog/product/view/id/19054
Neo Station - https://www.daz3d.com/catalog/product/view/id/05893
Historic Japanese Train Station - https://www.daz3d.com/catalog/product/view/id/21814The Historic Subway Station has a serious flaw though - it is curved which means that no normal train wagon is capable of lining up with the edge of the platform. You can see it on the main promo actually - there is a huge gap between the platform and the middle door.
OT: The fires in California are really badEven though I only lived in central Appalachians for high school and college & moved away for a couple of decades the weather here is still the same mostly except 90s was almost as rare as below zero in high school & college but both have been more frequent although not common or average since I moved back.
In the autumns the leaves seem to be missing the extra brightness of color most years and just all sort of quickly change to a dull yellow then brown and drop. The colors used to be almost always much brighter and more varied from yellows to oranges to reds but now I find myself trying to plan my yard trees to get those colors because I never see them out & about so tyically. Logging permits taking all the hardwood varieties (supplying all the bright colors) and leaving softwood tinderbox forests behind is most likely culprit.
OT: The fires in California are really badYeowser. I live in the California central valley about 100 miles due east of San Francisco. I'm near the delta, so temps here get over 100 but very rarely get to 107. Winter temps are down to the high 20's and it does not snow. The growing season is very long and we've eaten grapes in November. It really cools down at night in the summer, as much as 30 degrees. We don't get wildfires here, but the valley gets all the smoke.It's My Party and I'll Complain If I Want To Complaint Threadwhats the best time of year to go to harry potter world and disney/epcot. sea world is fun, went in the 80s.
I lived in central Florida for a couple decades and have been to Disney and Universal many many times. My experience for the best times to go has been either late March early April, or late September early October. Avoid holidays like Spring Break or Halloween. Avoid Christmas and Easter. NEVER GO IN SUMMER!!!!!!! Possibly a short period in November or February but Florida can get cold.
But do your homework. Check their website and check in detail. See what hotel & ticket plans they offer. Disney is HUGE it's hard to see even one of their parks in one day if you have to wait in lines for the attractions. If Disney's plan prices are too high, then look at some of the hotel/ticket plans that Universal Studios offers. The decent hotels near in the Lake Buena Vista area, when used with a park plan, have moderate prices and are essentially "across the street" from Universal Studios and have some good plans with Universal and Disney. There are lots of great hotels for moderate prices in the DisneySprings (Disney sponsored restaurant & entertainment area) which is right next to Universal Studios and also has the Cirque-du-Soleil show "La Nouba"
The hotel/ticket plans with Disney or Universal offer some perks that you might not get from independent hotels like early entry so that you can get to the Harry Potter stuff before the general public is allowed in. Do your homework. Plan. Study and understand what they offer. If you arrive by car don't forget that parking is not free. At Universal its in a covered car park, nice and cool and you have elevators and "slidewalks" like in an airport to take you from the parking garage to the park gates. If you park at Disney it is a huge open parking lot in the blaring sun. Don't leave meltables or living things in your car. Despite many of the Lake Buena Vista hotels being "across the street" from Universal don't figure on walking from your hotel to Universal its still a long walk. If you don't have a car, take the hotel's bus or take a taxi if you have to get to the park early in the morning to take advantage of an early entry pass. Do your homework. Plan. Both Universal and Disney offer Personal Transport Vehicles (minature golf carts) for about $50/day but they don't take reservations and you have to get there bright and early in the morning before they run out. I've used one in Universal the last two times I went. I could never survive the day without one anymore. Do your homework. Plan.
PS: Don't take a taxi from Lake Buena Vista area hotels to Disney, it is many miles ($$). Take the hotel bus if you must use 3rd party transportation.
Oops: Edited to add that apparently the Cirque du Soleil show "La Nouba" closed at the end of last year. Don't know if the new show is available yet.
Also , the Circue du Soleil show https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mP_aTEMpwbA is Disney's attraction at DisneySprings, but at Universal CityWalk they have The Blue Man Group. https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/things-to-do/shows/blue-man-group/index.html Either are worth seeing.
Sorry, but one more PS: If you really want to enjoy the Harry Potter stuff at Universal, be sure to get a two park ticket. The Hogwarts Express train runs from "Kings Cross Station" in "Diagon Alley" in one park (Universal Studios) to "Hogsmede" in their other park (Islands of Adventure).
Sorry again: Universal has the two parks which require an admission fee but between the two parks is their free area called "CityWalk" where they have some shopping, a big multi-cinema theater, several small restaurants, as well as several nice restaurants including the Orlando Hard Rock Cafe, Margaritaville, Emerill's and BubbaGumps.
Oops: yet another PS: Universal is adding a new roller coaster to the Harry Potter stuff in Hogsmede but it isn't finished yet. This guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=immkiHBRH6s has lots of videos about the Orlando Parks and other parks around the country and has been reporting weekly on the progress of the new Harry Potter rollercoaster.
OT: The fires in California are really badIs it unusual for fires in upper Northern California? Isn't that Redwoods territory, with all the huge trees?
Not unusual anymore. I just got home from my mother-in-law's in the Sierra foothills. They didn't bother moving the pine forest to build the town. It's beautiful. When a fire is burning, you look at all that gorgeous folliage and think - look at all the fuel that surrounds your house - especially since it's so dry that there's a lot of dead stuff mixed in with the trees.
A couple of years ago, half the town she lived in had to be evacuated. They stopped the fire about 500 feet from her house. When we went to see her a week later, we drove down the street - half a mile away the neighborhood was ash. It was aweful. In the middle of it was a house still standing, with scorch marks of a burned tree right next to it. And we wondered, what saved that house?
I believe researchers come in after a fire asking those same questions. They have come up with answers too, and have made recommendations. But these changes are expensive - like attick fans and special windows. So people rebuild and DON'T incorporate the changes.
I kinda wonder, nonesuch00 - why you stay. After that many disasters in such a short amount of time, I'd be shell-shot.
...also becoming more common in Oregon and Washington State as well. Last summer we had something like 33 wildfires burning at the same time just here in Oregon alone. Skies over portland were hazy for weeks the worst when a fire broke out at the mouth of the Columbia Gorge (caused by teenagers playing with fireworks) which scorched thousands of acres, threatened hikers who were on a trail as it literally "exploded" due to the extreme dry conditions, and darkened the skies in Portland for days (see photos below).
This morning I woke up to an orange sky as smoke from a 25,000 acre wildfire in Southern Oregon along with that from both a 35,000 acre fire (now 58% contained) and remnants of a 78,000 acre blaze (now 90% contained) in the central Columbia Gorge had drifted over the Willamette valley and I could smell the scent of burning wood in the air. There are also two large fires a bit more to the east, one in Idaho (97,000 acres) and one in NW Utah NE Nevada (100,000 acres) both of which are less than 20% contained. Looks to we may be shaping up for another late summer like last year. Red flag warnings have been in force since mid June.
The one fortunate part in this is here in Portland, the heat wave is supposed to break after tomorrow with temperatures dropping to much more near normal (upper 70s - low 80s) for next week.
OT: The fires in California are really badBy the way, I live in the Central Valley some 220 miles south of Redding and the Carr fire - the haze is amazing, and I can smell the smoke.
July 2018 - Daz 3D New User Challenge - Portrait RenderingHello, these are my portraits for july challange 2018, portraits. I did with DAZ Studio, genesis 3 and victoria 4. Rendered with Iray. No post work. I named the one with genesis 3, daily-life and the other one disappointed. Hope you like them.
bye
welcome to the new user contest emanuela1 I know its a bit late for feedback now, but some words: You mades some very nice starts, expecially the red haired woman alrady gives a nice portrait. Try to let her look a bit more at the camera and myba add depth of field as well woudl be my suggestion. Teh other one is more focused on the action of getting water, wich is a nice work and the posing is good, to make its a portrait you would need the figure to be the central part of the render, where the eyes go first. In the moment the action is the focus ( keep that in mind for future render, its a good thing when you manage action to be the focus)
OT: The fires in California are really badNorth central is pretty dry. Some of the recent fires are arson caused. The recent ones have all been caused by people. Sparks from mountain bike riding caused one locally. Others are caused from power lines sparking, camp fires in undesignated areas. Illegal grows, cig butts, kids playing with firecrackers...Yes they also are caused by nature naturally but recent ones have had some human element. People don’t seem to understand protocol in living in areas which are so dry. We tend to get rain most in winter so summer months there is not a lot of rainfall.
Carrara Challenge 41: The Super, Legendary, Epic Render Challenge!Everyone's work is so amazing, sorry I haven't been around to make comments yet...
LightofHeaven, I'm sorry for your loss. Hope you are surrounded by family and loved ones.
Hoping I can finish by the deadline tomorrow. I really flailed around for ideas. This was really inspired by a landscape photo, I wanted to try to create the same sense of light, but now that I started putting objects (well, just one so far) in the scene I may have to change the lighting and mood.
The back mountains are made from a Terrain object, - just dialed in some mountains. The foreground was made using a custom height map made in an external app. The tornado thing is an entity from my paintings. It will have a central eye and be hurling a volley of flying forks at two hapless people fleeing for their lives. Plan on using some hair for close up grass and have an idea for an experiment using metaballs. Modeled the arm and the 'tornado' today. I also did a test render with post work, mainly the back mountains.
So much to do...




Make a living as a creator on Daz3d?...true, though here in the US many rural areas here have poor Net access and slow DL/UL speeds and if the place is too small to host a good market & such it can be a 30 - 50 (or more) mile drive to do your shopping.
Also living where it is warmer has it's drawbacks as well, like needing air conditioning in summer so your computer doesn't overheat, which really runs up the power bill. I lived in the south in the late 70s and with only 1 air conditioner running, our electric bill was around 75$ a month (which would be at least three times higher today). Also many homes and apartments in warmer areas are not well insulated (or insulated at all) and don't usually have central heating, so if there is a cold snap you feel it more than someone living in a northern location as you are not acclimatised to it (and those baseboard or "in wall" heaters are also very inefficient as well).
My electric bill is $35 - $45 in the summer (I can't figure out why it varies that much it shouldn't actually but I don't use air conditioner) and in winter it is $55 - $65 but that is because I have gas heat which runs consistantly $45 - $65 in winter. In summer it can be above 100 some years and consistently gets for some days in the 90s. I the winter it have been -25 and -15 for a couple of days 2 of the 3 past winters! That sort of cold here used to be a every 30 year event. The flyers I get from the electric/gas company claim I have better energy savings than anyone else in my neighborhood but really that's because I don't use it not because the house is efficient. I need to re-insulate the entire house for it to be really improved. I think I will use Owens-Corning.
damn that is cheap here in Australia pay for electric every three months can average around well over $700 then there phone, rent, water (those that pay rates own homes those rent water bill is part of), internet and other things
My water bill is about $37 a month but I have a drippy faucette that if I fixed would probably save money. I'll fix it at any rate.
As far as the size of your bill such high bills are common in America too if one uses a lot of air conditioner and a lot of heat. One fellow with a old style farm house was complaining about his $600 monthly heating bills last winter. I had never heard of anyone so poor paying such a high bill before he said that. 2 years ago when there was a very cold February and we even had -25 Fahrenheit days I had a bill that was over $225 but that was when I was trying out all electric heat. Electric rates are a scam mostly for consumers so I switched to gas and that tops out at $75 during rare very cold months such as that -25 February month.
our heating is a wood fire actually
It's My Party and I'll Complain If I Want To Complaint Thread
...well congratulations on completing your 60th trip around our central main sequence stellar primary. That puts you in the "interstellar club" (based on multiplying the orbital circumference times years and stretching out the results in a straight line).Today is my 60th birthday ,yes I think this is a complaint .........
Make a living as a creator on Daz3d?...the advantage with gas is it is usually a central forced air system that heats the volume of air more efficiently. Electric heating often involves individual room units which only radiate heat in a small area. Often time the units are placed directly under a window (the usual case in cheaply built poorly insulated apartment buildings from the 70s and 80s). When I had an aoartment that had gas heat and stove. My winter bills were around 12$ - 16$ a month (this was in an old 1920s art deco brick building). Where I am now (a recently built weatherised and insulated building) I am paying about 5 times that in winter as both heating and cooking are electric (I use LED light bulbs so lighting costs are a tiny part of the bill).Make a living as a creator on Daz3d?...true, though here in the US many rural areas here have poor Net access and slow DL/UL speeds and if the place is too small to host a good market & such it can be a 30 - 50 (or more) mile drive to do your shopping.
Also living where it is warmer has it's drawbacks as well, like needing air conditioning in summer so your computer doesn't overheat, which really runs up the power bill. I lived in the south in the late 70s and with only 1 air conditioner running, our electric bill was around 75$ a month (which would be at least three times higher today). Also many homes and apartments in warmer areas are not well insulated (or insulated at all) and don't usually have central heating, so if there is a cold snap you feel it more than someone living in a northern location as you are not acclimatised to it (and those baseboard or "in wall" heaters are also very inefficient as well).
My electric bill is $35 - $45 in the summer (I can't figure out why it varies that much it shouldn't actually but I don't use air conditioner) and in winter it is $55 - $65 but that is because I have gas heat which runs consistantly $45 - $65 in winter. In summer it can be above 100 some years and consistently gets for some days in the 90s. I the winter it have been -25 and -15 for a couple of days 2 of the 3 past winters! That sort of cold here used to be a every 30 year event. The flyers I get from the electric/gas company claim I have better energy savings than anyone else in my neighborhood but really that's because I don't use it not because the house is efficient. I need to re-insulate the entire house for it to be really improved. I think I will use Owens-Corning.
damn that is cheap here in Australia pay for electric every three months can average around well over $700 then there phone, rent, water (those that pay rates own homes those rent water bill is part of), internet and other things
My water bill is about $37 a month but I have a drippy faucette that if I fixed would probably save money. I'll fix it at any rate.
As far as the size of your bill such high bills are common in America too if one uses a lot of air conditioner and a lot of heat. One fellow with a old style farm house was complaining about his $600 monthly heating bills last winter. I had never heard of anyone so poor paying such a high bill before he said that. 2 years ago when there was a very cold February and we even had -25 Fahrenheit days I had a bill that was over $225 but that was when I was trying out all electric heat. Electric rates are a scam mostly for consumers so I switched to gas and that tops out at $75 during rare very cold months such as that -25 February month.











