-
[Solved] Rigged Heels from Blender and parenting in DAZ
Hello there;
I've discovered that many shoes are already rigged that makes, as it seems, the weight paint part converstion in DAZ not needed (they don't have the "flat heel" deformation). I've exported some samples in Blender, checked how they are constructed BUT... whatever I try I'm unable to parent shoes from Blender to a figure in DAZ. It always deforms.
Since some rigged shoes work, it means I do something wrong, probably related to the transfer tool utility or the options used in import. Any hint?
Icons on installed content (Smart Content view)RR67 said:
Unfortunately no change after reinstalling. If I search for another product with texture addon (dforce medieval barmaid), I do see a separate entry for it. I do not see the same for breezy outfit, even if I load the poncho in the scene first and select it. I am debating on doing a full reset database and just downloading all the metadata again. Not sure what else to do.
Same issue for me. It results from the wrong data in metadata file. You may: Unzip the IM file: IM00053217-01_dForceBreezyDayOutfitTextures.zip, go to the directory Content\runtime\Support, open DAZ_3D_53217_dForce_Breezy_Day_Outfit_Textures.dsx with a text editor (e.g. EmEditor or notepad+), repalce the string 'Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/BreezyDay' with 'Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/Breezy Day'. (just missing a space char...) Then rezip the whole product folder, copy the zip file to your DIM download folder and resinstall it. It'll be shown in Smart Content with no problem.
Workspace layout not saving properlyThat message relates to Daz Connect updating metadata, not to the UI layout. Do you install content through Daz Studio itself? If not there is really no need to go online at all.
New to Daz and would appreciate some help in understanding these products.Leana said:
Vx2023 said:
Leana said:
Urban future 6 is a complete environment set with fully textured 3D models.
Regarding prices, they are indeed quite low compared to stores like TurboSquid. One of the main reasons is that the license you get for that price is not the same: with the standard Daz 3D license you can use the models to create still images and animations for commercial purposes, but for example you're not allowed to use the 3D model itself in a game (you need the additional interactive license for that) or create 3D prints for commercial use (you need the additional 3D printing license for thThanat).
Thanks. Regarding the standard license, what about use it in a commerical animation film? Meaning cartoon. And are you allowed to modify the assets to make your own custom asset, kit bashing and that type of thing?
Commercial animation would be fine with the standard license.
There is a handful of products with a more restrictive license but it should be clearly stated on the product page.
You can definitely modify or kitbash the assets to use them in your image or animation (that's the most fun part IMO). You can't distribute the modified asset afterwards though, only your image or animation.
Be aware that when you see a "character" product in the store what is sold is morphs and textures for one of the base figures, but for example hair and clothes are generally not included. If there are some included it will be specifically listed on the product page.
Thanks. This is good to know.
What I'm trying to do is develop custom characters for a short animation project. But since I'm not a modeler, I'm trying to find ways of doing that without modeling from scratch. So basically starting from already existing figures where I can easily customized to make them look like I need and make them "my own". In the end I would need fully rigged and finished characters with hair and clothing all working, where I could import into either Blender or Unreal Engine and use pre-made animations to animate them.
I was recommended Character Creator for this. And it can do most of what I need. But I found Daz has many assets which might be useful. So I will be buying many assets from Daz. Not only for the characters but also for the sets. I was told Character Creator would be easier than Daz to do the characters and export to Blender/UE. But I get the feeling from looking around I could just use Daz studio as well, without any disadvantage?
Cloth with Unity Cloth component works in Editor,but invisible in built game!charles said:
Have you asked on the Unity forums? More information is really needed to make any kind of educated guess. What was your build target for starts? What version of Unity? Did you unpack the materials and textures? What method did you use to transfer? You will need to double check and also be specific about the the shaders in Unity used.
Thanks. yeah i dont get it either. And whenever i ask in Unity forums i never get responses. Ever. Build target Windows cause it's for myself and i use Windows 10. I use Unity 2021.3.16f1( LST). Unpack materials and textures, what is that mean? i import them and then apply them. Originally with Unofficial Daz to Unity bridge the shader is Daz specular, but i drop another material one to all my daz clothes, which is HDRP/LIT .
You asked what method i use to transfer..Yeah it's Unofficial Daz to Unity Bridge 1.2 to transfer Materials..... But for the actual skirts i use DAZ to Blender for decimation and then Blender to FBX for Unity.
Remixing your art with AIgeneralgameplaying said:
"i'd be very p*ssed off if the whole AI art world collapsed soon just after its birth for the public," - So we don't resolve the conflicts, because some people are pissed? Welcome to social media politics!#
To be fair, it won't fully collapse, no matter what. You will still be able to use a software like stable diffusion, and train on safe to use training data sets, your own or even publicly provided ones. Even if artists win fully at courts, that's still possible, if consent and copyright are respected. Just the huge training data set probably won't be there the next day, so it will be slightly limited, in comparison.
NOW, i forgot: The way between the both obviously is to not "kill off" (how/somehow??) "ai", but to enforce training data for generative ai to be licensed for the purpose. I.e. consent-only signalled via metadata (HTML/IMAGE, ...). Removed images have to be removed from the training data set, in order to honor take downs and similar. Of course there needs to be some leniency there, for the timing, because training still will be expensive, on the other hand that would be an incentive to use data from as reliable as possible sources. This will slow down ai training, but not necessarily hugely so. In addition you could adjust legislation to prevent using names of alive people and similar, to reduce the "I want to kill [...] now!" potential.
Genesis 9lilweep said:
Serene Night said:
Still waiting for masculine content to drop. We've had a ton of female stuff, but in order for me to invest in g9 I really need a ton more morphs, a way to import my existing g8 characters and better male muscle morphs.
i imported all my g8 morphs to g9 pretty easily using the G8 Clone for G9 and using transfer utility (transfer morphs only, transfer Favorites only)
unfortunately, didnt transfer rigging, so just need to remember to 'adjust rigging to shape' after dial spinning any of my G8 morphs on G9.
I transferred the things I wanted to genesis 9 but I find native content works better, plus without the hd it isn't the same look.
Request: Please List Products Used in PromosFor products with metadata there is http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/scripting/api_reference/samples/metadata/list_products_used/start
New to Daz and would appreciate some help in understanding these products.I'm new to Daz and I'm trying to wrap my head around how things work. I want to work on a short animation project, a cartoon of sorts. I initially thought about making the characters in Character Creator. I see it can import assets from Daz as well. I'm not sure I can do the full character creation from scratch in Daz or what would be the advantages. Somebody just recommended me Character Creator. I found some products on the Daz site, but I have questions about them and I see no ways of contacting the vendor to ask. So I thoought maybe more experienced Daz users here could help? My intention was to get this suit, to use with a character created in Character Creator .
For example this product: No Suit for Genesis 8 Male(s) | Daz 3D
I'm not sure if this is a "suit generator" or just that one suit. The description reads as if you can create any tight suit with it. But the photos show the same suit, just in different colors. Maybe because I'm new to Daz there may be some feature/use case I don't understand. But is that a suit generator or just that one piece of "clothing"?
And this is a full 3D model, right? Urban Future 6 | Daz 3D
I aske because of the price. I'm used to buying 3D assets from other vendors such as TS and it seems quite a low price for a full 3D model.
Thanks in advance.
Thanks in advance.
Importing .obj stuff to DAZmbarbour said:
Greetings all. I have used Hexagon to create a group of cubes.(I need this block guy for a rigging tutorial)
Upon import of the obj file into DAZ, there is now only one node(the group node) showing and it is not expandable, so the individual cubes are not addressable for rigging. I won't go into the multitude of ways I have tried to bring the complete model over and have the individual parts be addressable, but I'm a little lost on how to get a model into a riggable state when it appears as a single node. Had the same problem originally with Blender and then switched to Hexagon hoping that the native relationship between DAZ and Hexagon would eliminate any OBJ incompatibilities. The cubes are completely primitive and have no material or surface spec. Just need the cubes so I can rig them.
Is there a tutorial or something out there I can use? There isn't a Rigging training tutorial in the studio, and the purchasable product named "DAZ Studio Rigging Made Easy" tutorial STARTS with the group having individual nodes, so I can't even start that tutorial after buying it.
Thanks in advance!
The first one on the table is this one: https://www.daz3d.com/rigging-original-figures-in-ds4-pro
A little outdated but explains all the steps -- the outdated part is that one of the tools got a new name. I think that's the geometry editor brush now -- anyhow one can certainly follow it and figure out which tool is required.
WPGuru also has a free YouTube video where he shows how to add bones to a model without needing the figure/skeleton setup panel.
how can I search orders or my product library by vendorNorthOf45 said:
Richard Haseltine said:
NorthOf45 said:
Richard Haseltine said:
NorthOf45 said:
Wonderland said:
myotherworld said:
SofaCitizen said:
Is the product installed in Daz Studio? If so you can put "key::VENDORNAME" in the Smart Content search box.
Not going to work. As I custom install and don't have vendor names in the library. But thanks for the reply''This is weird. Suddenly the forum software won't let me remove the quotes (iPad). Anyway I may be wrong but the I'm pretty sure the vendor names are in the metadata so even if you install differently, it still should be there.
The products have to be installed with one of the automated methods to get the metadata loaded into the database. Even then, often the Author field is empty ("unavailable") or is simply "DAZ 3D". Sometimes the author field has a different name (or several) than the one in the store, or some cryptic code name. Maybe it has been better lately, but I think there will still be a lot of gaps in any search for a specific vendor.
Metadata can be imported through the Content DB Maintenance dialogue even for manually installed content, assuming their relative location is unchanged.
But, can it re-import something that was never installed in the first place? Or does the utility grab everything in the support folder, regardless? Just asking to clarify for others, I always install with DIM, so the metadata is there to begin with, but I also re-import, when needed, from DIM.
There are check boxes by each product in the import dialogue (as well as master checkboxes for vendor and user items as a whole).
Ah, yes, sorry, I should have been more precise. I am familiar with the list of checkboxes and all that about selecting the ones you want. What I meant was: would the list be populated with every metadata file in the support folder, regardless of whether it had been previously installed or not (automatically or manually copied)?
Yes, I suppose doing otherwise might have rather a high overhead.
how can I search orders or my product library by vendorRichard Haseltine said:
NorthOf45 said:
Richard Haseltine said:
NorthOf45 said:
Wonderland said:
myotherworld said:
SofaCitizen said:
Is the product installed in Daz Studio? If so you can put "key::VENDORNAME" in the Smart Content search box.
Not going to work. As I custom install and don't have vendor names in the library. But thanks for the reply''This is weird. Suddenly the forum software won't let me remove the quotes (iPad). Anyway I may be wrong but the I'm pretty sure the vendor names are in the metadata so even if you install differently, it still should be there.
The products have to be installed with one of the automated methods to get the metadata loaded into the database. Even then, often the Author field is empty ("unavailable") or is simply "DAZ 3D". Sometimes the author field has a different name (or several) than the one in the store, or some cryptic code name. Maybe it has been better lately, but I think there will still be a lot of gaps in any search for a specific vendor.
Metadata can be imported through the Content DB Maintenance dialogue even for manually installed content, assuming their relative location is unchanged.
But, can it re-import something that was never installed in the first place? Or does the utility grab everything in the support folder, regardless? Just asking to clarify for others, I always install with DIM, so the metadata is there to begin with, but I also re-import, when needed, from DIM.
There are check boxes by each product in the import dialogue (as well as master checkboxes for vendor and user items as a whole).
Ah, yes, sorry, I should have been more precise. I am familiar with the list of checkboxes and all that about selecting the ones you want. What I meant was: would the list be populated with every metadata file in the support folder, regardless of whether it had been previously installed or not (automatically or manually copied)?
Importing .obj stuff to DAZGreetings all. I have used Hexagon to create a group of cubes.(I need this block guy for a rigging tutorial)
Upon import of the obj file into DAZ, there is now only one node(the group node) showing and it is not expandable, so the individual cubes are not addressable for rigging. I won't go into the multitude of ways I have tried to bring the complete model over and have the individual parts be addressable, but I'm a little lost on how to get a model into a riggable state when it appears as a single node. Had the same problem originally with Blender and then switched to Hexagon hoping that the native relationship between DAZ and Hexagon would eliminate any OBJ incompatibilities. The cubes are completely primitive and have no material or surface spec. Just need the cubes so I can rig them.
Is there a tutorial or something out there I can use? There isn't a Rigging training tutorial in the studio, and the purchasable product named "DAZ Studio Rigging Made Easy" tutorial STARTS with the group having individual nodes, so I can't even start that tutorial after buying it.
Thanks in advance!
how can I search orders or my product library by vendorNorthOf45 said:
Richard Haseltine said:
NorthOf45 said:
Wonderland said:
myotherworld said:
SofaCitizen said:
Is the product installed in Daz Studio? If so you can put "key::VENDORNAME" in the Smart Content search box.
Not going to work. As I custom install and don't have vendor names in the library. But thanks for the reply''This is weird. Suddenly the forum software won't let me remove the quotes (iPad). Anyway I may be wrong but the I'm pretty sure the vendor names are in the metadata so even if you install differently, it still should be there.
The products have to be installed with one of the automated methods to get the metadata loaded into the database. Even then, often the Author field is empty ("unavailable") or is simply "DAZ 3D". Sometimes the author field has a different name (or several) than the one in the store, or some cryptic code name. Maybe it has been better lately, but I think there will still be a lot of gaps in any search for a specific vendor.
Metadata can be imported through the Content DB Maintenance dialogue even for manually installed content, assuming their relative location is unchanged.
But, can it re-import something that was never installed in the first place? Or does the utility grab everything in the support folder, regardless? Just asking to clarify for others, I always install with DIM, so the metadata is there to begin with, but I also re-import, when needed, from DIM.
There are check boxes by each product in the import dialogue (as well as master checkboxes for vendor and user items as a whole).
Remixing your art with AIloved the title of this thread - because it's exactly what i hoped for. i mean, enhancing my renders, since i can't manage to give them the extra oomph that makes renders interesting, 95% of mine look kinda always "unfinished", bland, somethng is missing - probably the "art" part, lol.
so, i really love playing with AI, let myself be surprised by whatever the AI creates, it's so fun, and i also try to create focused/themed results, not always with success, it depends, maybe my prompt ideas are too weird.
and i only have access to wombo, which is totally free, and nightcafé when i earn enough credits. i do occasionally use stablecog/deepAI but they kick me out after a few times asking me to pay/subscribe, which i can't - others ask me to register/login, which i don't want (yet). stablediffusionweb is kinda ok but no presets and no image import.
so wombo it is, trying to enhance renders with nightcafé burns thru my credits too fast.i have no access to good AI like midjourney etc. which might explain why my attempts at enhancing my own DS renders with a bit of extra style are utterly a fail. i tried nightcafé's restyle tool, the one where you upload an image and then pick a style to modify your source - but honestly their styles are too extreme, i don't want my renders painted by van gogh or the likes, just enhanced. results are meh, my image in worse.
when i try nightcafés prompt creation with one of my own renders the results are totally another image, just the colors remain, and this with a source image and 100% fidelity to source...
i tried wombo with a prompt and source image, it was the best yet - and still either horrible or nice/interesting results.. JUST NOT MY IMAGE, more like if i had just typed in a prompt.
note: in this sense, DS renders are great if you want a fancy AI image but the AI doesn't get your prompt, this really helps.SO WHAT CAN I DO TO REALLY ENHANCE MY RENDERS BUT STILL VERY RESEMBLING, LIKE THE OP OF THIS THREAD DID???
is this impossible with a free/no-login AI generator?? or is there somewhere an "enhance" AI generator?here examples - about a really bad render i made just for fun to test sth, i would never uplad that horrible render on DA or anywhere... *shame*
the original (made long format for wombo) + the wombo result (looks cool, but it's not MY render in better...) + the grid of the nightcafé results (they're horrible)
i didn't include the nightcafé restyle because it was just my image in even worse.how can I search orders or my product library by vendorRichard Haseltine said:
NorthOf45 said:
Wonderland said:
myotherworld said:
SofaCitizen said:
Is the product installed in Daz Studio? If so you can put "key::VENDORNAME" in the Smart Content search box.
Not going to work. As I custom install and don't have vendor names in the library. But thanks for the reply''This is weird. Suddenly the forum software won't let me remove the quotes (iPad). Anyway I may be wrong but the I'm pretty sure the vendor names are in the metadata so even if you install differently, it still should be there.
The products have to be installed with one of the automated methods to get the metadata loaded into the database. Even then, often the Author field is empty ("unavailable") or is simply "DAZ 3D". Sometimes the author field has a different name (or several) than the one in the store, or some cryptic code name. Maybe it has been better lately, but I think there will still be a lot of gaps in any search for a specific vendor.
Metadata can be imported through the Content DB Maintenance dialogue even for manually installed content, assuming their relative location is unchanged.
But, can it re-import something that was never installed in the first place? Or does the utility grab everything in the support folder, regardless? Just asking to clarify for others, I always install with DIM, so the metadata is there to begin with, but I also re-import, when needed, from DIM.
how can I search orders or my product library by vendorNorthOf45 said:
Wonderland said:
myotherworld said:
SofaCitizen said:
Is the product installed in Daz Studio? If so you can put "key::VENDORNAME" in the Smart Content search box.
Not going to work. As I custom install and don't have vendor names in the library. But thanks for the reply''This is weird. Suddenly the forum software won't let me remove the quotes (iPad). Anyway I may be wrong but the I'm pretty sure the vendor names are in the metadata so even if you install differently, it still should be there.
The products have to be installed with one of the automated methods to get the metadata loaded into the database. Even then, often the Author field is empty ("unavailable") or is simply "DAZ 3D". Sometimes the author field has a different name (or several) than the one in the store, or some cryptic code name. Maybe it has been better lately, but I think there will still be a lot of gaps in any search for a specific vendor.
Metadata can be imported through the Content DB Maintenance dialogue even for manually installed content, assuming their relative location is unchanged.
Genesis 9Serene Night said:
Still waiting for masculine content to drop. We've had a ton of female stuff, but in order for me to invest in g9 I really need a ton more morphs, a way to import my existing g8 characters and better male muscle morphs.
i imported all my g8 morphs to g9 pretty easily using the G8 Clone for G9 and using transfer utility (transfer morphs only, transfer Favorites only)
unfortunately, didnt transfer rigging, so just need to remember to 'adjust rigging to shape' after dial spinning any of my G8 morphs on G9.
how can I search orders or my product library by vendorWonderland said:
myotherworld said:
SofaCitizen said:
Is the product installed in Daz Studio? If so you can put "key::VENDORNAME" in the Smart Content search box.
Not going to work. As I custom install and don't have vendor names in the library. But thanks for the reply''This is weird. Suddenly the forum software won't let me remove the quotes (iPad). Anyway I may be wrong but the I'm pretty sure the vendor names are in the metadata so even if you install differently, it still should be there.
The products have to be installed with one of the automated methods to get the metadata loaded into the database. Even then, often the Author field is empty ("unavailable") or is simply "DAZ 3D". Sometimes the author field has a different name (or several) than the one in the store, or some cryptic code name. Maybe it has been better lately, but I think there will still be a lot of gaps in any search for a specific vendor.
Apply custom morph without distorting clothesI've tried creating a simple custom morph which adds a bump to the skin in Blender.
When I import the morph file back into Daz I need to tick 'Reverse Deformations' (otherwise the figure is heavily distorted)
This works well and the morph shows on the figure, but now if I add any clothes they are majorly distorted (as in dragged widly across the scene). How can I resolve this?
My figure is not at zero position when I export to Blender to create the morph, I wonder if that is the issue.







