-
2018 Holiday Loyalty Rewards Sale
As of 1:30am Central, 12:30am Mountain, there's something wrong with the new Traction Engine on the rewards page. From the Loyalty sale page, the link from the card item goes to www.daz3d.com top level rather than to www.daz3d.com/traction-engine. And on the Traction Engine's own page, the price is showing as $undefin.ed rather than whatever it's supposed to be. (In the cart, it shows as $12.95 after the 30% discount (but no loyalty discount); on the Loyalty sale page, at the moment, it shows as free.)
Released, Modern Commuter Carriage. [Commercial]At some point in early 2019 I must get the The Old railway set updated with iray materials.
That would be great (western?)
Yeah, they need updating, Prince Charles came into Cardiff yesterday on a steam train
33rd Daz3D Bryce Render challenge *****Celebrate Winter*****33rd Daz3D Bryce Render challenge
Now Sponsored by Daz 3D
Theme for this challenge is ***** Celebrate Winter *****



















So how do you Celebrate
Bodhi Day, Modraniht, Eid, Saturnalia, Yule, Winter Solstice, Pancha Ganapati, Santa Lucia, Hanukkah, Christmas day, Koliada, Kwanzaa, Feast of Saint Stephen, Dongzhi Festival, Hogmanay, New Years Eve, Watch Night, 12th night, Chinese new year.
Or Maybe you would rather choose a fictional one
Erastide in the Belgariad, Midwinter Fair in Velgard amongst the Heralds and their Companions, HogsWatch on the Discworld, Turn's End on Pern, The Feast of Winter Veil in WoW, Festivus is secular Any other one you can think of
******* Just remember *******
Winter is Coming


The Choice is yours
Your imagination is the only limit
This thread is the WIP thread, so you can post here to show us how things are coming along before the render is transferred to the actual Contest thread for judging. You don't have to do that.we collect up all the finished ones and make the thread, with each render given a number and title, but no artist name shown, so it's a blind judging thread for the judging panel.
Rules
-
All renders must be new renders. -
You can enter up to 3 renders. -
You must abide by the DAZ 3D forum TOS -
Imported content is allowed, but the render must be obviously a Bryce render. -
Post Work permitted, but please keep it to a minimum. -
Rules may be changed for subsequent Challenges, depending on the theme and the person who has selected it.
Please don't post your entry renders anywhere else until after the Challenge is judged, as judging is done in a blind judging thread, so the Judges don't know who has done which image.
Challenge ends January 31st 2019:- Midnight DAZ 3D time.
DAZ 3D Sponsorship, in the form of Store credit
Ist place $30 2nd place $20 3rd place $15
In addition DAZ 3D Store Credit will be given to the people whose renders are selected as the Honourable mentions,
$10 for each of 3 honorable mentionsWe will also be offering a special prize for the render judged the best from a Bryce New User. DAZ 3D will add $10.
Judged by a poll which will be set up at closure of the challenge.
By entering this contest, you agree to allow DAZ3D to use any artwork you submit in any promotional materials they may choose.
Easy Environments: Wuxia Mountains (Daz Studio) [Commercial]I grew up in an area of North Central Montana that looks remarkably like this in the Winter (as well as the late Fall and early Spring:) It will be an instant buy for me.
Partially reflective groundSo, I have this quarry background, and the floor surface is reflective when seen with a low enough angle. At first I thought that it was supposed to be water on the ground, but the position (or even complete absence) of the reflection depends on the position of the camera. Viewed from an high angle, the surface isn't reflective. Lowering the camera, the floor becomes reflective on the side of the image opposite to the camera. See pictures (on the first one from above, there's no reflection, on the second one there's a reflection on one side of hte central "mound", and on the last one, after moving the camera on that side, the reflection appears on the other side.
What causes this and how to fix it? (The floor has no reflection or refraction value)
Infinito 1.1 - Display problemsHello,
after the sale, I know have a licence for INFINITO 1.1 by Alessandro AM.
Problem is: It comes with a technical issue... The Terraform-Preview doesnt work, the preview screen just doesnt show anything, or any changes I make. Also previews dont show up, neither in the central window, nor in the deformer, nor in the input-fields. When I hit TERRAFORM!, it works, so I assume a display-issue.
Can anybody help?
If it matters, heres the setup:
- Windows 10 x64 pro
- i7 7820X@3,6Ghz
- 64GB RAM
- nVidia Geforce 1080ti
- nVidia Geforce 780GT*
- DAZ Studio 10 (no Beta)
* the smaller card is for providing additional monitors and its not used by DAZ
Waited Too Long – 1080ti UnavailableNo, idea where you are. It's effectively sold out in North America. The only cards are grossly overpriced. EU sources seem to show the same thing.
Hungary, Central Europe.
Creating Big City Scenes in DAZ StudioGlad you got things saving faster. Hope you share your progress if you design your own city!
The railroad is a good idea. I haven't tried to incorporate one yet, same for shopping mall - there's a good interior for a mall in the store but I haven't seen any exterior sets. Probably requires kitbashing or model creation.
The Mountain Valley buildings are grouped in six "quarters". The Tribunal building (large central structure) is separate. For each quarter, you can hide building surfaces in the Geometry Editor. They are labeled by building number and the first one I tried left the adjoining building intact (I was concerned they might share surfaces or walls). A second one I tried did share some surfaces. So with a little bit of effort you may be able to get some individual buildings via the geometry editor. You can delete the hidden geometry then save the building as an individual prop if you wanted to.
ITALIAN LANGUAGEUnfortunately the language files are not obvious, and since some entries are supplied by plug-ins I suspect there isn't a central chunk of data that could eb replaced with translations.
The Things Which Could Be Worse Need Cats To Make Them Better Complaint ThreadI found the most boring show on Netflix. There is nothing bad about it. No nudity but that is because there are no characters. Unless you count a pile of logs on fire some characters. There are no foul language because a pile of logs on fire do not use any language. Basically it is a pile of logs on fire for an hour. Very boring, too boring as it has no music.
Hmmm now to find something better to watch other than a pile of logs in constant burning state but not really burning, but it looks like it is burning.
Sounds like you've found the "Yule Log". It's a Christmastime video they made many years ago. For those who don't have a fireplace, but want to enjoy Christmas music while sipping spiced apple cider and relaxing with loved ones late at night...or whatever. What channel was it on?
Dana
Just a bit more entertaining than the "Paint Drying" video.
I think it's nice for people who'd like to stare at a fireplace but don't have one. And if you smoke a little of that funny stuff, you might actually believe it's in your home!
Of course, if you start feeling the warmth from it...either you had too much, or your computer/TV is on fire. 
Dana
Back in the late 50s my Father was sent to a convalescent home for a month or so after an extremely serious illness. This was in January. The house was heated by radiators, but in the sitting room (lounge) there was a fire place which had an electric fire display of moving flames, although the actual fire element itself was not working. Everyone of the convalescents were sitting around the fire, as they swore it was the warmest place in the room.
That's both funny and sad. But, hey, if it made them happy...Dana
Well you have to remember that in the 1950s in the UK we were not used to central heating in houses, although there was some in schools and work places. Many homes were still heated with coal fires. Even electric fires were fairly basic, so an electric fire that looked like an actual fire was quite a novelty. A 3d model of a bed of coals, with semi transparent red and yellow areas and underneath a red light bulb .
this is quite a posh oneMy parents didn't get rid of the original coal fireplaces until the late 60s/early 70s. We went over to gas, and had one of these in the front room.

The "logs" were moulded fibreglass, lit by two orange bulbs. Small fan blades, turned by the warmth of the bulbs gave a flickering flame effect.
In the back room, we had a plain version without the logs. They were still there when my parents moved out in 94.
That is probably more like the one used in the convalescent home. My memory is not clear, I was only a child at the time.
We lived in a 1930s semi. When my parents sold the house, when Dad retired in 1978 the house was still exactly as it had been when My Uncle first lived in it back in 1939. Still had the original fire places, back boiler behind the one in the living room, stone floor in the kitchen, walk in larder, electric hot water geyser in the kitchen, old stone sink and wooden draining board. No gas, as it was new build when Uncle moved in, the guy had intended to build several more, had cleared some land, would have applied to have gas piped in once a few more were up. Then War broke out, My Uncle wasn't allowed to join the Army, he did top secret research and the house was handy for where he had been stationed. Like he could see the factory out of the front windows. The other houses never did get built. Dad took the house over when he came back from the war. Him and Mum were married 6 days after was was declared, on a special license. Ron and I had both been born in our grandparents house, but my younger brother was actually born in hospital in the town where we all grew up. So Ron and I were born in what then would have been still Middlesex and Dave was born in Kent. Now of course both come under London.
When we were growing up the other people in our road thought we were posh, as us and next door were the only 2 houses that had a bathroom and an inside toilet.The Things Which Could Be Worse Need Cats To Make Them Better Complaint ThreadI found the most boring show on Netflix. There is nothing bad about it. No nudity but that is because there are no characters. Unless you count a pile of logs on fire some characters. There are no foul language because a pile of logs on fire do not use any language. Basically it is a pile of logs on fire for an hour. Very boring, too boring as it has no music.
Hmmm now to find something better to watch other than a pile of logs in constant burning state but not really burning, but it looks like it is burning.
Sounds like you've found the "Yule Log". It's a Christmastime video they made many years ago. For those who don't have a fireplace, but want to enjoy Christmas music while sipping spiced apple cider and relaxing with loved ones late at night...or whatever. What channel was it on?
Dana
Just a bit more entertaining than the "Paint Drying" video.
I think it's nice for people who'd like to stare at a fireplace but don't have one. And if you smoke a little of that funny stuff, you might actually believe it's in your home!
Of course, if you start feeling the warmth from it...either you had too much, or your computer/TV is on fire. 
Dana
Back in the late 50s my Father was sent to a convalescent home for a month or so after an extremely serious illness. This was in January. The house was heated by radiators, but in the sitting room (lounge) there was a fire place which had an electric fire display of moving flames, although the actual fire element itself was not working. Everyone of the convalescents were sitting around the fire, as they swore it was the warmest place in the room.
That's both funny and sad. But, hey, if it made them happy...Dana
Well you have to remember that in the 1950s in the UK we were not used to central heating in houses, although there was some in schools and work places. Many homes were still heated with coal fires. Even electric fires were fairly basic, so an electric fire that looked like an actual fire was quite a novelty. A 3d model of a bed of coals, with semi transparent red and yellow areas and underneath a red light bulb .
this is quite a posh oneMy parents didn't get rid of the original coal fireplaces until the late 60s/early 70s. We went over to gas, and had one of these in the front room.

The "logs" were moulded fibreglass, lit by two orange bulbs. Small fan blades, turned by the warmth of the bulbs gave a flickering flame effect.
In the back room, we had a plain version without the logs. They were still there when my parents moved out in 94.
The Things Which Could Be Worse Need Cats To Make Them Better Complaint ThreadI found the most boring show on Netflix. There is nothing bad about it. No nudity but that is because there are no characters. Unless you count a pile of logs on fire some characters. There are no foul language because a pile of logs on fire do not use any language. Basically it is a pile of logs on fire for an hour. Very boring, too boring as it has no music.
Hmmm now to find something better to watch other than a pile of logs in constant burning state but not really burning, but it looks like it is burning.
Sounds like you've found the "Yule Log". It's a Christmastime video they made many years ago. For those who don't have a fireplace, but want to enjoy Christmas music while sipping spiced apple cider and relaxing with loved ones late at night...or whatever. What channel was it on?
Dana
Just a bit more entertaining than the "Paint Drying" video.
I think it's nice for people who'd like to stare at a fireplace but don't have one. And if you smoke a little of that funny stuff, you might actually believe it's in your home!
Of course, if you start feeling the warmth from it...either you had too much, or your computer/TV is on fire. 
Dana
Back in the late 50s my Father was sent to a convalescent home for a month or so after an extremely serious illness. This was in January. The house was heated by radiators, but in the sitting room (lounge) there was a fire place which had an electric fire display of moving flames, although the actual fire element itself was not working. Everyone of the convalescents were sitting around the fire, as they swore it was the warmest place in the room.
That's both funny and sad. But, hey, if it made them happy...Dana
Well you have to remember that in the 1950s in the UK we were not used to central heating in houses, although there was some in schools and work places. Many homes were still heated with coal fires. Even electric fires were fairly basic, so an electric fire that looked like an actual fire was quite a novelty. A 3d model of a bed of coals, with semi transparent red and yellow areas and underneath a red light bulb .
this is quite a posh oneBee's Breakroom - Comics, WIPs and other Ruminationseverything's still unrendered, as I have to figure out how to fit so many people on my card.
One approach to consider would be to do it in two stages. So do one render with the two rightmost characters missed out, then another with the two leftmost missed out. Note that the central character - who overlaps the person on each side - is in both renders. You can then easily combine the two images into one in post. I was reading some tutorials on this approach by a guy on Deviantart called Nathanomir, I won't link because a lot of his pictures are NSFW, but it should be easy to find.
Suggestion for 3 improvments to DS1: the most common error I make when composing in Daz, particularly when working quickly, is clicking, say, Y Rotation when I want Y Translation and v-v, Y Scale when I want Y Rotation, etc. Ditto the X & Zs. This is because I glance at the window in a millisecond and see the colour as opposed to the words. So it would be easier if what is currently basically 3 sets of red, green and blue controls could be changed to 9 different colours. ... Or let's make that 11:
2: I would love to see the addition of 2 diagonal transition controls! Particularly when working from an off-centre camera angle this would save having to keep on adjusting the X and the Z Translations to get an object where I want it.
3: this idea was inspired by forum user Paintbox: the addition of a perspective correction control so that characters or objects at the far left and right of a scene don't have elongated limbs and broadened bodies, or items like moons and planets don't lose their roundness when moved from a central positions to left and right.FirstBastion's Upcoming Lineup [commercial]I really love your new set. I tend to work around my central character, and usually worry about the background in post. I had this whole piece done, everything lighting, poses, everything except the background and I had no idea what I was going to put it on. I decided to try your stream, and I popped it into the scene, and all I had to do was a tiny rotation to the set and start my render. Easiest set I have ever dropped in! Can't wait for the waterfalls!
I have a few Firstbastion products, and that waterfall looks absolutely lovely! Love that render Deathbycannon, is it part of a story?
[Released] RSSY Clothing Converter from Genesis 2 Female to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]Check the log tab when you try to convert it. It will state what it thinks it is.
Here's the log data:
21:24:50 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time): Executing Script21:24:50 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time): Selecting Preset: G:\DAZ 3D\Studio3\content\People\Genesis 2 Female\Clothing\EdwardianSuit\ES-Shoes.duf21:24:50 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time): Converting clothing from G:\DAZ 3D\Studio3\content\People\Genesis 2 Female\Clothing\EdwardianSuit\ES-Shoes.duf to G:/DAZ 3D/Studio3/content/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/EdwardianSuit/ES-Shoes.duf21:24:57 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time): No Foot Pose found21:24:58 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time): Copy Icons from G:\DAZ 3D\Studio3\content\People\Genesis 2 Female\Clothing\EdwardianSuit\ES-Shoes.duf to G:/DAZ 3D/Studio3/content/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/EdwardianSuit/ES-Shoes.duf21:24:58 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time): Copy Categories from G:\DAZ 3D\Studio3\content\People\Genesis 2 Female\Clothing\EdwardianSuit\ES-Shoes.duf to G:/DAZ 3D/Studio3/content/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/EdwardianSuit/ES-Shoes.duf21:25:05 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time): Execution Complete.So ... is it recognizing that they're shoes, but not finding the foot pose even though it's right there?
I also tried changing the name of the foot pose file (it was originally "Edwardian-FeetPose", and I changed it to "Foot Pose") but that didn't help either.
Yes, it recognizes it as footwear. The thing is that it uses DS' Content Management System to know about what files are part of the product. Changing the name on disk won't help unless you also change the name in the product. My recommendation is to just use the foot poser dialog... turn off use foot pose if available and turn on use foot dialog in the options.
FYI, If you want to see exactly what files it is looking at, edit the RSCCConstants.dsa in a text editor and change the "output_debug = false" to "output_debug = true". Then you can rerun and in the Daz log (not the log tab of the script dialog), you will see a ton more information.
[Released] RSSY Clothing Converter from Genesis 2 Female to Genesis 8 Female [Commercial]Check the log tab when you try to convert it. It will state what it thinks it is.
Here's the log data:
21:24:50 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time): Executing Script21:24:50 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time): Selecting Preset: G:\DAZ 3D\Studio3\content\People\Genesis 2 Female\Clothing\EdwardianSuit\ES-Shoes.duf21:24:50 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time): Converting clothing from G:\DAZ 3D\Studio3\content\People\Genesis 2 Female\Clothing\EdwardianSuit\ES-Shoes.duf to G:/DAZ 3D/Studio3/content/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/EdwardianSuit/ES-Shoes.duf21:24:57 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time): No Foot Pose found21:24:58 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time): Copy Icons from G:\DAZ 3D\Studio3\content\People\Genesis 2 Female\Clothing\EdwardianSuit\ES-Shoes.duf to G:/DAZ 3D/Studio3/content/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/EdwardianSuit/ES-Shoes.duf21:24:58 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time): Copy Categories from G:\DAZ 3D\Studio3\content\People\Genesis 2 Female\Clothing\EdwardianSuit\ES-Shoes.duf to G:/DAZ 3D/Studio3/content/People/Genesis 8 Female/Clothing/EdwardianSuit/ES-Shoes.duf21:25:05 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time): Execution Complete.So ... is it recognizing that they're shoes, but not finding the foot pose even though it's right there?
I also tried changing the name of the foot pose file (it was originally "Edwardian-FeetPose", and I changed it to "Foot Pose") but that didn't help either.
Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 11I'm not feeling it, to be honest, for the first day. But then, as a long time PC member who just recently renewed, I truly don't expect the anniversary sales to have much for me, as I generally have most of it already. The free megapack has only one thing i don't own, and it's something I don't want. The 9.99 pack has two things i don't own, but i don't want either of them either. I'm a fan of horror items so got quite excited at seeing the BYOB for that...but there are only 11 items there for me and all of them are V4 which I'm not in the slightest interested in. The other byob one, nothing on it is in my wishlist....I'm thinking of maybe grabbing some buildings, but they are all old ones, and I have so many buildings anyway, that they really aren't all that important. The alien corridor for free if you buy a new release is ok, but then I have SO MANY CORRIDORS AND HALLWAYS already, plus i can't even see the full images as its link goes straight to the main landing page of the site. (and tha'ts from the sale page, from searching for it in the store)
So yeah. I know it's pretty awesome for newbies and almost-newbies, and I KNOW you can't please everyone all the time, I get that, truly. But nothing today is exciting me and making me think I HAVE TO HAVE IT. So I'll just sit back and see what the following days bring.
Oh here we go with price changing by the minute. So the PC+ sale has started. A lot of the DOs were at 80% off that were in the featured stores, then they popped to 33%, then switched again. If you see a price you like (80% works for me!) check out fast if you're not sure. Daz is tweaking prices at the moment. (2am Central) I'm not sure what they're supposed to be, so I didn't take any chances. There's a lot of different promos at the moment. (Of course the BYOB bundles are all old stuff, not interested.)
Actually, I'm quite pleased with today's offers. It looks likes someone has been paying attention to our posts this past year, (Jack and the PC+ crew, maybe.)
Yes, there are a lot of older products in the BYOB 8, But there are 237 items to choose from instead of 2 dozen. There are a few G2 items in there, and plenty of props that are mostly generation independent. Then there is the BYOB Horror category, any 5 items for only $3.99, and every single product in there is a DO, not PC+, (although the discounts have been adjusted so they all come up as $9.95. I suspect that is due the to store coding and the only way they could get the offer to work.) I was saying just a week or so ago that I'd be willing to pay $3.99 for a BYOB of higher priced items. I was thinking about some of the more recent/expensive PC+ products, but this is nice, too.
There are two PC+ releases today, one horror/Halloween themed, (really nice set includes the dress and hair!) and another Wiinterblack "room" from Jack. So if you're a member and aren't into the horror genre, there's still a reasonably inexpensive PC+ product you can get today to trigger the higher discounts elsewhere.
And here's the big one. If you're not a member and want to join, you can get a 20% discount on annual membership. However, if you are already a member, you can renew for 50% off! Now 20% doesn't sound like much, and it really isn't. But if a non-member buys a non-discounted quarterly membership, and then renew at 50% off, they will pay $3 more and get 15 months instead of 12. Not bad at all.
Also, the big bundles are back to being 10 items for $9.95, and not a single $1.99 product in there. (Last year there were only 8 items in the bundles and the price worked out to about $12.95 with a new release in the cart.)
All of that said, I'm not a fan of horror, so the $3.99 byob has no interest for me today. I already have 5 of the 10 items in the big bundle, and 4 of the 8 in the freebies bundle. My membership is already paid through the end of 2019, In fact, there's not a lot in today's sale to tempt me. But I'm still really pleased with what I see, and confident what's left of my store credit will all but disappear by the time this event is over.
Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 11Oh here we go with price changing by the minute. So the PC+ sale has started. A lot of the DOs were at 80% off that were in the featured stores, then they popped to 33%, then switched again. If you see a price you like (80% works for me!) check out fast if you're not sure. Daz is tweaking prices at the moment. (2am Central) I'm not sure what they're supposed to be, so I didn't take any chances. There's a lot of different promos at the moment. (Of course the BYOB bundles are all old stuff, not interested.)
Actually, I'm quite pleased with today's offers. It looks likes someone has been paying attention to our posts this past year, (Jack and the PC+ crew, maybe.)
Yes, there are a lot of older products in the BYOB 8, But there are 237 items to choose from instead of 2 dozen. There are a few G2 items in there, and plenty of props that are mostly generation independent. Then there is the BYOB Horror category, any 5 items for only $3.99, and every single product in there is a DO, not PC+, (although the discounts have been adjusted so they all come up as $9.95. I suspect that is due the to store coding and the only way they could get the offer to work.) I was saying just a week or so ago that I'd be willing to pay $3.99 for a BYOB of higher priced items. I was thinking about some of the more recent/expensive PC+ products, but this is nice, too.
There are two PC+ releases today, one horror/Halloween themed, (really nice set includes the dress and hair!) and another Wiinterblack "room" from Jack. So if you're a member and aren't into the horror genre, there's still a reasonably inexpensive PC+ product you can get today to trigger the higher discounts elsewhere.
And here's the big one. If you're not a member and want to join, you can get a 20% discount on annual membership. However, if you are already a member, you can renew for 50% off! Now 20% doesn't sound like much, and it really isn't. But if a non-member buys a non-discounted quarterly membership, and then renew at 50% off, they will pay $3 more and get 15 months instead of 12. Not bad at all.
Also, the big bundles are back to being 10 items for $9.95, and not a single $1.99 product in there. (Last year there were only 8 items in the bundles and the price worked out to about $12.95 with a new release in the cart.)
All of that said, I'm not a fan of horror, so the $3.99 byob has no interest for me today. I already have 5 of the 10 items in the big bundle, and 4 of the 8 in the freebies bundle. My membership is already paid through the end of 2019, In fact, there's not a lot in today's sale to tempt me. But I'm still really pleased with what I see, and confident what's left of my store credit will all but disappear by the time this event is over.
Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 11Oh here we go with price changing by the minute. So the PC+ sale has started. A lot of the DOs were at 80% off that were in the featured stores, then they popped to 33%, then switched again. If you see a price you like (80% works for me!) check out fast if you're not sure. Daz is tweaking prices at the moment. (2am Central) I'm not sure what they're supposed to be, so I didn't take any chances. There's a lot of different promos at the moment. (Of course the BYOB bundles are all old stuff, not interested.)














