• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Did G8F Have Separate Eyebrows Or... :/

    The Hierarchical materials came with my Victoria 8 too...

    By

    nemesis10 nemesis10 December 2020 in The Commons
  • Did G8F Have Separate Eyebrows Or... :/

    They are just in the Victoria 8 product.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine December 2020 in The Commons
  • Did G8F Have Separate Eyebrows Or... :/

    Richard Haseltine said:

    I have Hierarchical Materials for the brow materials in the Victoria 8 product.

    Where did you get these from? For me, it's the same as @Bejaymac. Even using the premade V8 char preset, she's using a diffuse overlay for her eyebrows, as are her iray brow materials. The fibermesh attachment is under Anatomy > Victoria 8 Eyebrows, and never load by default. 

    By

    Lissa_xyz Lissa_xyz December 2020 in The Commons
  • Did G8F Have Separate Eyebrows Or... :/

    I have Hierarchical Materials for the brow materials in the Victoria 8 product.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine December 2020 in The Commons
  • AIUTO...CHI CONOSCE L’ITALIANO? PARTE DODICI

    È vero che è diverso come tipo di approccio ma molti strumenti di Zbrush sono usati per fare i props che vedi nello store.
    Ad esempio molti capelli, barbe ecc.. sono realizzati con Fibermesh in Zbrush.
    Alcuni morph sono stati realizzati scolpendo i modelli base di Genesis/Michael/Victoria poi reimportati in DAZ e convertiti in morph.
    Perfino i vestiti sono stati realizzati in Zbrush e poi esportati in DAZ.

    In Zbrush non si rigga, se lo si fa è solo per mettere personaggi in pose plastiche (il software non permette di editare le aree di influenza dei joint e dunque non permette un rigging accurato). Se è necessario il rigging, si esporta il modello e lo si fa con altri software (Maya, Blender, ecc..)

    By

    Kainjy Kainjy December 2020 in The Commons
  • 3D Comic Book Tips And Pictures

    ShadowSkillz said:

    Good day folks,

    Since everyone here is focused on Comics I'm hoping you can help me with something. Where can "Anime/Manga style" hair, meaning big hair strands, no need for realistic millions of strands no transparency required, that works with genesis 8?

    I can relate to your problem. Even though I work in Poser, I've had the same issue with trying to get comic-style hair, rather than realistic hair in my work. I found the best solution is to go back in time and look at OLD hair products that are based more on geometry than on transmaps. Now, this solution means you will need to custom fit your hair, but once you get the hang of the process it's not all that troublesome.

    I suggest you look for hair for these figures:

    • Chip (https://www.daz3d.com/chip-mix-and-match-shagmop-hair)
    • Cookie (https://www.daz3d.com/cookie-mix-and-match-feathered-hair)
    • Star! (https://www.daz3d.com/violet-hair-for-genesis-3-female-s) And make sure you look at the older version of Star!
    • Dennis, and any of the old Michael 3 and Victoria 3 figures.

    And have you looked at these?

    • https://www.daz3d.com/toon-generations-hair-for-genesis-8-males
    • https://www.daz3d.com/toon-generations-hair-for-genesis-8-females

    By

    mmitchell_houston mmitchell_houston December 2020 in Art Studio
  • Did G8F Have Separate Eyebrows Or... :/

    nemesis10 said:

    The eyebrows are part of the Victoria 8 package; the Genesis 8 esentials only comes with eyelashes.

    Dangit. Okay, thanks for the heads up. :)

    By

    Seiginotora Seiginotora December 2020 in The Commons
  • Did G8F Have Separate Eyebrows Or... :/

    The eyebrows are part of the Victoria 8 package; the Genesis 8 esentials only comes with eyelashes.

    By

    nemesis10 nemesis10 December 2020 in The Commons
  • DAZ Gen(eration) 4: running the DzCreateExPFiles-###.bat files - figures in multiple Poser runtimes.

    Thanks both.
    The following's mainly for my own reference. I've redownloaded the manual install zip files for all the basicGen(eration) 1-4 figures, morphs, etc. As a quick test I unzipped just V4 base and V4 Morphs ++ to a new runtime that I called 3) V4++, duplicated that runtime and named it 4) V4++ - Ran ExP, ran the batch file from the duplicate (4) runtime, and then did a file compare (WinMerge). Only the PZ2 files in Runtime/libraries/!DAZ/Victoria (not subfolders) were changed, all except the Eye and tongue ones (screenshot attached).

    Reminder to self: It took a while to remember how to use the Morphs++ because the last time I did this was many years ago. I was surprised that when I loaded V4 from my 4) V4++ - Ran ExP runtime the Morphs++ groups were present, but there were no actual morphs (second attached image). Of course I had to apply the INJ Morphs++ pose. I must have been using a V4 with morphs pre-injected as my base figure.

    I was pleased to see that Vicky's eyes open and close correctly, so it would seem like that particular bug was actually fixed some time over the past several years.

     

    By

    3dcheapskate 3dcheapskate December 2020 in Poser Discussion
  • Kitbashing Hair, What might I have Forgotten?

    I have fitted the new hair to G8F, and it's shown in the 3 renders below. The blonde hair is Jim Burton's original Las Vegas hair on Glamorous Vicki 3 (a 16+ year old Victoria 3 based character) the dark version is the converted one on FWSA'S McKayla for G8F, including the Toulouse Hair skull cap and all the Las Vegas morphs applied. So far as I can tell, it works as a native G8F hair, shrinking and growing, twisting and bending as you'd expect a conforming hair to do as you change the character and pose.

    Regards,

    Richard.

     

    By

    richardandtracy richardandtracy December 2020 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • DAZ Gen(eration) 4: running the DzCreateExPFiles-###.bat files - figures in multiple Poser runtimes.

    3dcheapskate said:

    I'm about to reinstall all my DAZ generation 4 muppets for use in Poser 11.

    While digging out the fixes for the Freak 4 arm dent and V4 eyes not closing problems I was reminded not only that I mustn't forget to run these batch files, but that it's actually one of these batch files that causes the V4 eye problem. But that's for later.

    One oft-repeated piece of advice is to make sure, before running the batch file, that you only have one runtime containing the relevant figure. E.g Richard Haseltine gave the following advice (back in 2015) for running the V4 batch file "Make sure you don't have two \Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ\Victoria 4 folders, especially if you've recently added a library to Poser. Go to \Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ and run the DzCreateExPFiles-v4 file."

     

    But I have two:

    1. My old "DAZ Figures" runtime which contains all my DAZ gen(eration) 1 to 4 figures, plus accrued junk from over a decade.
    2. My new single figure runtimes, e.g "/DAZ/V4"

     

     

     

    I'm assuming from Richard's wording that it's Poser mapped runtimes that are important,

    So as long as I only have the second runtime mapped to Poser, then I should be okay ?

    Yes, you just don't want to have two active /Runtime/Libraries/!DAZ/ folders for a given figure, and of course only products installed to the active folder will be available to load.

    By

    Richard Haseltine Richard Haseltine December 2020 in Poser Discussion
  • Kitbashing Hair, What might I have Forgotten?

    I wonder if someone might be able to help me.

    I am kitbashing an old Victoria 3 hair model and trying to get it to work with G8F as if a newly modelled hair. The hair is the now unavailable Las Vegas hair by Jim Burton. It doesn't attach well to G8F which is why I'm trying this idea.

    The process I am following is this: 

    1. Save Toulouse Hair as an .obj file.
    2. Load into a modeller (my own one in this case)
    3. Delete all the hair, but leave the hair cap.
    4. In DS save the Las Vegas hair as an .obj file. This hair has no skull cap.
    5. Merge the obj file in the modeller with the Toulouse Hair skull cap and translate the hair strands as needed while leaving the skull cap in position.
    6. Export the hair as an .obj file from the modeller
    7. Import the hair model into DS, load in Toulouse Hair.
    8. Use the Transfer Utility from Toulouse Hair to rig the hair.
    9. Load each morph into the figure using stages 4-6 and then load as a morph using Morph Loader (the simpler one).
    10. When fitted to a character, specify that the original base figure is 'Unsupported'.

    Right, having told you what I did, now can I ask what I did wrong, or could do differently? Should I have changed facet group names to match the G8F facet group names or does the Transfer Utility do it all? Or is it better to specify a compatibility base figure? Victoria 3 has a 'Neck', while G8F has an upper and lower neck. Unlike modern hair, the rigging of the original hair starts with the 'Chest', with the left and right shoulder being rigged off the head... It's all a bit odd by comparison with modern hair.

    If I have done it not too badly, I may try doing some hair totally from scratch at some point. I wanted to start with something where I knew it should work if I get it right rather than start with something that may be impossible from the beginning. I forgot to mention the result of the process above - it seems to follow the character shape quite well, but I am not sure whether it's a fluke or whether I have followed a sensible process to cover all that I need to cover.

    Regards,

    Richard. 

    By

    richardandtracy richardandtracy December 2020 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • DAZ Gen(eration) 4: running the DzCreateExPFiles-###.bat files - figures in multiple Poser runtimes.

    I'm about to reinstall all my DAZ generation 4 muppets for use in Poser 11.

    While digging out the fixes for the Freak 4 arm dent and V4 eyes not closing problems I was reminded not only that I mustn't forget to run these batch files, but that it's actually one of these batch files that causes the V4 eye problem. But that's for later.

    One oft-repeated piece of advice is to make sure, before running the batch file, that you only have one runtime containing the relevant figure. E.g Richard Haseltine gave the following advice (back in 2015) for running the V4 batch file "Make sure you don't have two \Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ\Victoria 4 folders, especially if you've recently added a library to Poser. Go to \Runtime\Libraries\!DAZ and run the DzCreateExPFiles-v4 file."

     

    But I have two:

    1. My old "DAZ Figures" runtime which contains all my DAZ gen(eration) 1 to 4 figures, plus accrued junk from over a decade.
    2. My new single figure runtimes, e.g "/DAZ/V4"

     

     

     

    I'm assuming from Richard's wording that it's Poser mapped runtimes that are important,

    So as long as I only have the second runtime mapped to Poser, then I should be okay ?

     

     

    By

    3dcheapskate 3dcheapskate December 2020 in Poser Discussion
  • An Attempt of a "Limited Time Freebie" Message Only Email Alert Thread

    Although not strictly free if you add the "cyber sidekick stack-up" and the "HOLIDAY-GOODIES" coupon together the Gen 8 female body morphs, head morphs and expressions come to about a dollar each with a list price of 20 dollars each. (and 2 more slots for the coupon)

    Although the coupon is one time only and depends if you are saving it for something else. like i got victoria 8 and 2 morph packs for 6ish dollars with correct stacking.

    By

    Moogoo Moogoo December 2020 in Freebies
  • Creating Translucency Map for SSS Chromatic

    I'm trying to figure out the voodoo that has been done with the newer SSS maps used in most (all?) of the Gen 8 figures with the newer Chromatic SSS.  If you look at the Translucency Map on an older figure Iray figure with Mono SSS, the map looks mostly like the Base Color desaturated with some details added - mostly, as it seems there's a slight bit of color with some.  On a Gen 8 figure with Chromatic SSS, the Translucency Map looks like a much brighter version of the Base Color Map.

    For reference, I took one figure, Tara 2 HD by Kayless.
    https://www.daz3d.com/tara-2-hd-for-victoria-7-victoria-8

    I came kind of close in Photoshop by doing the following:
    Output Levels: Channel RGB from 0-255 to 74-255
    Brightness: Raised 35
    Color Balance: RGB: 4 0 10
    This way is mashing out some details.  There's probably a better way.  What is the secret to this sorcery?  (How do I create Chromatic SSS Translucency Maps?)

    By

    Gator Gator December 2020 in The Commons
  • Zbrush
    I am aware of demo versions but the real problem with those are is most of them are crippled for x amount of saves or are just like practice versions I found that out when I downloaded ZBrush core mini it's really a cool little thing but all you can do is practice to tutorials with it so I don't mind throwing down $10 a month for a working version that I can actually produce morph targets with cuz I've given up on Michael and Victoria four, and from what I've been able to gather by playing around in studio with the Genesis 3 and 8 starters Genesis is starting to grow on me . They're much better figures higher detail they look better rendered plus there are enough plugins for studio that I can convert a lot of my old poser content to be used to be rendered in studio with IRA so yay

    By

    bluto bluto December 2020 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Anybody recall the Poser fix to get Vicky 4's eyes to close ?

    Note to self: Just found a magic set of google search parameters - v4 eyes close site:daz3d.com/forums/discussion/

    • March 2013 - V4 eyes not closing in poser?
    • June 2014 - Victoria 4.2 eyes wont close or open in Poser??? ... screenshot of post by boz attached showing Akin's fix from RDNA
    • January 2015 - Morphs++ Messes Up V4.2's Eyes Open/Close Morph in Poser  ... ChangelingChick found here that it's the Morphs++ batch file that screws the values up
    • July 2015 - Eye's open/close morph not working.

     

    image

    By

    3dcheapskate 3dcheapskate December 2020 in Poser Discussion
  • is there any Harley Quinn makeup for G8F?

    FWSA Hayley HD for Victoria 7 | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D

    It's for G3F, but the mats will work on G8F, just need to adjust the lashes separately.
    There's a whole Comic Villain bundle if you need the rest: Comic Villain Bundle –Character, Outfit, Hair, Jewellery, Poses and More | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D

    By

    Lissa_xyz Lissa_xyz December 2020 in Unity Discussion
  • Translucent skin

    You can save the shader materials as a 'Shader Preset' for this Victoria 8 I think it is, not a 'Material Preset'. You have to select the Victoria 8 model there in the scene tab and then in the Surfaces tab for each surface for Victoria 8 you save a Shader Preset. Next open your Genesis 3 model and select it in your scene tab and go to the surfaces tab and then for each surface apply the corresponding Shader Preset to Victoria 8 you previously saved. Test render and see that it's to your satisfaction. If it is, then you are ready to save the all the altered materials of the Genesis 3 model as a Material Preset. Note that in this case to save all the surfaces at once you need only save the Material Preset for the Genesis 3 model and do not uncheck any of the surfaces in the dialogue that pops up prompting your to save the materials, just OK will do it.

    Doing it as Material Preset saves all the textures and maps too as well as the shader settings (shader settings are the numbers and states of the surfaces but aren't the images that are used, eg, diffuse, bump, normal, displacement, cutout opacity, specular, emission, and other possibly images are materials not shader surfaces settings but when material settings is stated it means both those images and the shader settings together as a unit).

    + Also note that looking at the lighting in that render Victoria 8 is lit extremely brightly on her right side, our left, and that is contributing to the translucency you see. So you need to create roughly equivalent bright lights to get the same effect even using the exact same Victoria 8 model. I'm not sure if they created the lighting themselves using the DAZ Studio photometric lights in the menu (eg spot, point, and so on) or if they used a DAZ Store product like the 3 or 4 different Ultra Genesis lighting products.

    By

    nonesuch00 nonesuch00 December 2020 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Translucent skin

    [Translucent skin]  The title isn't really descriptive so let me explain:

    See the picture below:

    You can see light passing through the fingertips, ears, toes and nose etc. which makes them appear slightly reddish. I've been trying to get the same effect on Genesis 3 but can't seem to get it right. I tried changing the SSS/Transmitted color and the related properties in the subgroup but it seems to affect the entire figure and not just the areas that I mentioned.

    Is there a way to restrict the effect to only affect specific areas (like by using a mask of some sort)? How is this effect achieved with Genesis 8? It's obviously not the mesh (?) affecting the amount of light transmitted, right? Is this a combination of Translucency/SSS settings?

    Can someone explain how I'm supposed to get the right settings here?

    Thanks!

    By

    binarynos binarynos December 2020 in Daz Studio Discussion
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.