-
Buying more G9 or G8/8.1 Daz products these days?
PixelSploiting said:
I think it's going to be a while before there's anything like UNB for G9.
On one hand mesh structure like this makes sculpting far easier, on the other hand older generations have specific geometry loop placement for areas like limb joints and midriff. So G9 is much easier to work with for PAs, but G8 works better out of the box with less modifications for the end user.
This is what I was thinking of, but never had the right terminology; but yes, it will be somewhat difficult with making my loops for the joints and the like before I even think of morphing in any anatomical elements such as the knees/elbows and loins, that is why I have so much respect for modellers and sculptors, I was hoping to import UNBM morphs over and re-ERC them myself, but it looks like I'll not only have to re-build the specific G8.1 geometry loops but match them exactly to G8.1 I'll wager...
So, it will be better to build my own, despite being a novice with geometry loop placement. :P But I will remain patient as we're looking at a year or so before the UNBMs arrive!
I can see one problem with G9 that may or may not affect interactive license sales and that is how it decimates for things like animation or games. Because G9 doesn't have specific limb joint loops and relies more on the mesh density in this regard, decimating it might end with having to rebuild joint topology because now it has too few loops and the arm bends like a plastic straw.
'Ole noodle knees 9 should have spent more time in the oven so to speak, imagine the guesswork involved with having to build geo-loops with the resulting decimated character with only a smattering of polygons to work with, so the alternative for the interactive license carrier will be forced to buy a 3rd-party solution on top of the Daz original license I'll wager.
There also has to be parity between Daz's first-party characters as simply creating UNBMs for a single character such as Victoria is easy enough, but to have those morphs uniformly transfer between G9 and V9 is going to be another challenge *unless the Daz originals provide parity between themselves, otherwise, they would have to sculpt for two different character types as they did for G 8.1 and V 8.1 as the last UNBMs had parity between the two!
*I don't have V9 so I don't know.
The good thing is that most 3rd-party characters are usually based on either G9 or V9 so that is covered along with having the male included, I imagine only slight adjustments between the two genders as the geo-loops themselves will remain consistent between the two, at least that's my theory!
"V3D HDR Master Bundle" (Commercial)I just put the bundle in my cart .
I use DAZStudio for many years but never really investigate HDR and how to use it in DAZStudio correctly links for some basic tips would be apppreciate
Do you have an user manual with the jpeg images you put in attachement?
I am interested to using it because i can now draw panorama with Ndvidia Canvas (free app) and saving it in exr format
i have posted a message about it in the common forum
can i get some help pleaseHave you installed the Starter Essentials for those earlier generations? They shouldn't show up in your Smart Content/Content Library if you haven't, but it's possible that you still have metadata from a previous library pointing to geometry that's not installed.
Is there a tool to convert g8f model to MMD model?this is atuttorial about it but is outdate and the linnk program dont work,
Now draw panorama with ndvidia canvas 1,4 and import in DAZsudioloading it via environnemnt
Indenting a character well into an objectnomad-ads_8ecd56922e said:
For a different approach.... is there a guide somewhere on painting one's own dFormer shift patterns? As in, COULD one paint the appropriate colors (different shades of red for different levels of indentation) externally in a paint program, then import that texture and insert it into the dFormer interface pane, or can those derformer patterns only be created within the dFormer control pane thingy?
You can paint a weight map for a dFormer inside Daz. Instructions here (also in my sig): https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5646111/#Comment_5646111
Diffeomorphic DAZ Importer version 1.6.0 released@rugeyohe Yes you also have to import the figure custom morphs, that will import the custom jcms as well. Otherwise you only import the standard jcms for the base figure, that may work fine enough but the deformations will not be the same as daz. Otherwise you can use a corrective smooth if you don't care to have the exact same deformations as daz.
Linking ContentWell, when a product is too mangled to deal with as-is, I repackage it how I want (see Content Package Assist), fix up the metadata to match and install the new package with DIM (use a new part, like IM000xxxxx-02_ProductName.zip, so you can access it anytime, online or offline, with no interference from the official package). Everything is in place, and Smart Content (if I choose to use it) is intact. I can uninstall, or re-install as I please. If, by chance, an update corrects the mis-aligned folders, great, but I would not hold my breath.
Indenting a character well into an objectFor a different approach.... is there a guide somewhere on painting one's own dFormer shift patterns? As in, COULD one paint the appropriate colors (different shades of red for different levels of indentation) externally in a paint program, then import that texture and insert it into the dFormer interface pane, or can those derformer patterns only be created within the dFormer control pane thingy?
Sagan: A DAZ Studio to Blender Alembic ExporterHas anyone had any issues importing Alembic to MD lately? I keep getting crashes in MD during alembic loading, but can't really figure out systematically why that is. (MD was also crashing when i tried to import a basic OBJ yesterday from Blender, so really seems to be on MD end...)
I upgraded Sagan to v3, and that seemed to help a bit. However, a new project was causing crashing again. The alembic files load fine in Blender, so definitely seems to be something weird about how MD reads files. (Converting from Alembic to Alembic in blender also seemed to allow it to load in MD).
For posterity, I noticed that in this particular case im troubleshooting right now, when I had the watch parented directly on the characters Forearm bone, the alembic would crash MD when loading. But when i kept the watch in the scene, but unparented, then the Alembic loaded into MD fine.
Indenting a character well into an objectIt's time to learn Blender. This kind of this is fun to do with proportional editing. You can import the changes back to DS as a morph and even animate it as the character interacts with the soft object.
Diffeomorphic DAZ Importer version 1.6.0 releasedYeah using @Krys Kryngle method works a bit. I mean using smooth corrective modifeier.
@Padone Also I don't understand what u mean with using jcms? I mean how to use it? I just select import jcms in import settings but should I do something extra? Because knees and elbows looks fine when I import jcms. Do I need to do something extra? I also used smooth corrective with jcms imported figure. Like I said it looks okay. But if there is more advance and good way rather than smooth corrective I can give a try. I also pose my figures and animate them by self so I don't import poses from daz. But I would like to import some poses if its possible with mhx rig. Because I have tried that but didn't worked. But when I save figure in daz with pose and import it it works. It just doesn't work in blender daz diffoe menu if you have mhx rig. So idk.
Can we talk about PD Howler 2023? available here now [Commercial]dForce Romantic Gentleman Outfit@Richard Haseltine
Richard,
I bought the Romantic Gentleman Outfit dForce Clothing for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Males (SKU 87103; https://www.daz3d.com/romantic-gentleman-outfit-dforce-clothing-for-genesis-8-and-81-males) yesterday and installed it today with DIM. The pieces of the outfit load fine but I cannot load all of the Iray materials. I can apply the materials for the boots and pants with no problem, but I cannot apply four of the five materials for the shirt, four of the five materials for the waistcoat nor the materials for the coat. When I try to apply the offending materials, I get the same error – “Error opening file – An error occurred while reading the files, see the log file for more details.”
For example, I opened a new file, loaded the coat (RG Coat.duf) and then tried to apply the Purpur material (Purpur Coat.duf) to it. The action failed; below is the info in the Help file.
Do you know if there are unresolved issues in the product. The product page states that the product is compatible with DS 4.21. Should I submit a ticket? Thanks.
2023-03-15 20:37:24.176 [INFO] :: *** Scene Cleared ***
2023-03-15 20:37:43.359 [INFO] :: Prepare asset load (open): /People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/Romantic Gentleman/RG Coat.duf
2023-03-15 20:37:43.359 [INFO] :: Locking viewport redraw...
2023-03-15 20:37:43.365 [INFO] :: Viewport redraw locked.
2023-03-15 20:37:43.449 [INFO] :: Native format content directories: 4
2023-03-15 20:37:43.449 [INFO] :: Poser format content directories: 3
2023-03-15 20:37:43.449 [INFO] :: Other import format content directories: 1
2023-03-15 20:37:43.449 [INFO] :: Begin asset load (open): /People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/Romantic Gentleman/RG Coat.duf
2023-03-15 20:37:43.549 [INFO] :: *** Scene Cleared ***
2023-03-15 20:37:43.549 [INFO] :: Determining missing assets...
2023-03-15 20:37:43.829 [INFO] :: Setting textures...
2023-03-15 20:37:43.830 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5665): Node parent not found.
2023-03-15 20:37:43.897 [INFO] :: Scanning for addons...
2023-03-15 20:37:43.957 [INFO] :: Creating node geometry...
2023-03-15 20:37:43.977 [INFO] :: Creating UV sets...
2023-03-15 20:37:43.977 [INFO] :: Creating materials...
2023-03-15 20:37:44.207 [INFO] :: Resolving legacy figures...
2023-03-15 20:37:44.207 [INFO] :: Preparing modifiers...
2023-03-15 20:37:44.208 [INFO] :: Creating modifiers...
2023-03-15 20:37:44.479 [INFO] :: Applying animations...
2023-03-15 20:37:44.479 [INFO] :: Finalizing modifiers...
2023-03-15 20:37:44.479 [INFO] :: Finalizing simulation providers...
2023-03-15 20:37:44.479 [INFO] :: Sorting property groups...
2023-03-15 20:37:44.480 [INFO] :: Setting up follow targets...
2023-03-15 20:37:44.480 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(2149): Failed to follow node.
2023-03-15 20:37:45.052 [INFO] :: Finished asset load (open): 0m 1.603s - /People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/Romantic Gentleman/RG Coat.duf
2023-03-15 20:37:45.231 [INFO] :: Unlocking viewport redraw...
2023-03-15 20:37:45.231 [INFO] :: Viewport redraw unlocked.
2023-03-15 20:37:46.059 [INFO] :: Loaded image: AKRGcoatinner1.jpg
2023-03-15 20:37:46.309 [INFO] :: Loaded image: AKRGcoatinnerTRS.jpg
2023-03-15 20:37:55.388 [INFO] :: Prepare asset load (merge): /People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/Romantic Gentleman/Materials/Iray/RG Purpur Coat.duf
2023-03-15 20:37:55.388 [INFO] :: Locking viewport redraw...
2023-03-15 20:37:55.388 [INFO] :: Viewport redraw locked.
2023-03-15 20:37:55.504 [INFO] :: Native format content directories: 4
2023-03-15 20:37:55.504 [INFO] :: Poser format content directories: 3
2023-03-15 20:37:55.504 [INFO] :: Other import format content directories: 1
2023-03-15 20:37:55.504 [INFO] :: Begin asset load (merge): /People/Genesis 8 Male/Clothing/Romantic Gentleman/Materials/Iray/RG Purpur Coat.duf
2023-03-15 20:37:55.663 [INFO] :: Determining missing assets...
2023-03-15 20:37:56.412 [WARNING] :: Invalid hierarchy for selected node(s) and "preset_hierarchical_material" type; no root(s) found.
2023-03-15 20:37:56.412 [INFO] :: Error loading asset: H:/My DAZ 3D Library - Passport/people/genesis 8 male/clothing/romantic gentleman/materials/iray/rg purpur coat.duf
2023-03-15 20:37:56.412 [INFO] :: Operation failed
2023-03-15 20:37:56.517 [INFO] :: Unlocking viewport redraw...
2023-03-15 20:37:56.517 [INFO] :: Viewport redraw unlocked.
Having a problemI sometimes use DAZ vehicles for animation shorts, however now when i try to import them to unreal via the bridge it fails.
2023-03-15 04:49:36.951 [INFO] :: Exporting File...
2023-03-15 04:49:36.952 [INFO] :: Loaded morph deltas: 0m 0.0s - /data/auto_adapted/Hankster_TVR_273801/Morphs/WindowDown_WINLHDR_WindowDown_162.dsf
2023-03-15 04:49:36.952 [INFO] :: Loaded morph deltas: 0m 0.0s - /data/auto_adapted/Hankster_TVR_273801/Morphs/WindowDown_WINRHDR_WindowDown_162.dsf
2023-03-15 04:50:18.392 [INFO] :: Error occurred while exporting file. See the log file for details.
2023-03-15 04:50:18.392 [INFO] :: Error exporting file: C Exception: Memory Access Violation - Attempted to read memory at address 0x043b4030
2023-03-15 04:50:18.392 [INFO] :: File exported in: 0.41 sec (41440.8 ms)
2023-03-15 04:50:18.393 [INFO] :: Failed to export: C:\Users\13093\Documents\DazToUnreal\PredatorCar\PredatorCar.fbx
2023-03-15 04:50:18.393 [INFO] :: Unhandled exception during operationThis is the error that the log throws.
Any help would be appreciated!
Diffeomorphic plugin error while importing a pose in BlenderI have been trying to import a DAZ3d pose onto Blender using the Diffeomorphic plugin but whenever I try to import the pose from DAZ onto Blender it gives me the error as shown in the screenshot.
I have tried mentioning every possible root directory in the advanced settings tabs in the blender plugin, but nothing works.
If anyone has a solution then please share and thanks in advance!
Issue Importing character with Clothes on C4DHi there !
I'm facing an issue I can't fix.
When I finish my animation with a character, including clothes, I export in as a fbx animation to import it in C4D.
The thing, is when I import it, the clothes don't follow the animation, neither the model (Exemple attached)
Can someone help me on this ?
I precise that I have never been able to instal the DAZtoC4D bridge in C4D. Despite many installations, it never appeared on C4D.
Thanks a milion for your help !Blendshapes missing importing to UnityHello,
Even though i watched a lot of tutorials about it somehow when i exported to character to Unity, morphs-BlendShapes are missing. And yes on Daz export settings i make sure export morphs is checked but when i imported into Unity, there is no BlendShapes under Skinned Mesh Renderer. Also i make sure in Unity "Import BlendShapes" are checked. I'm exporting Genesis 8 Characters into Unity, my Daz version is 4.20 Pro and my Unity version is 2021.3.6f1
Why is dForce so slow?Trouble is things like games are finely honed (well, they try to be) with some specific set of known assets, whereas a general physics system has to spend most of its time detecting and fixing the user's errors. Things like intersecting geometry, etc. It's actually a hard problem to solve. Having said that whatever MD is doing is the right approach. There's something really satisfying about dragging the cloth around. Problem with using it for Daz is you don't get patterns fro the clothing, so everything is just generic cloth. All other features get lost in the import. It's ok for leggings, t-shirts, cushions, drapery and so on of course, but anything more complex, e.g. a shirt with buttons or a pleated skirt just isn't going to work properly.
Genesis 8 Female HD Expressionsmariopirlo96 said:
Thanks for not giving up on me ;)
After using the Batch converter on eCTRLBereft_HD.dsf the size of the file grew from 4Kb up to 53Kb. First it was just unreadable characters. Now it looks like a valid text/json file. Or DSON whatever this means.After clearing the cache, etc. it still has not appeared under pose controls. And these are warnings about it in the log (more complete version below)
:: Parent for modifier not found: eCTRLBereft_HD
:: Modifier not prepared: eCTRLBereft_HD!
:: Modifier not created: eCTRLBereft_HD!This line is found in the readable version of eCTRLBereft_HD.dsf
"parent" : "/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Genesis8Female.dsf#Genesis8Female"
C:\Daz 3D\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\My DAZ 3D Library\data\Daz 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Genesis8Female.dsf
does exist and is sound and living as a valid and readable DSON file.
Both files are located in the same base directory:
C:\Daz 3D\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\My DAZ 3D Library\
so it is probably not about an invalid path.
What do you think?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extraction from log:
2023-03-11 15:19:59.708 [INFO] :: Prepare asset load (merge): /People/Genesis 8 Female/Expressions/Daz 3D/alias_head_eCTRLBereft_HD.dsf
2023-03-11 15:19:59.708 [INFO] :: Locking viewport redraw...
2023-03-11 15:19:59.708 [INFO] :: Viewport redraw locked.
2023-03-11 15:19:59.743 [INFO] :: Native format content directories: 2
2023-03-11 15:19:59.743 [INFO] :: Poser format content directories: 4
2023-03-11 15:19:59.744 [INFO] :: Other import format content directories: 0
2023-03-11 15:19:59.744 [INFO] :: Begin asset load (merge): /People/Genesis 8 Female/Expressions/Daz 3D/alias_head_eCTRLBereft_HD.dsf
2023-03-11 15:19:59.744 [INFO] :: Determining missing assets...
2023-03-11 15:19:59.744 [INFO] :: Setting textures...
2023-03-11 15:19:59.744 [INFO] :: Preparing modifiers...
2023-03-11 15:19:59.744 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(5962): Parent for modifier not found: eCTRLBereft_HD.
2023-03-11 15:19:59.744 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1712): Modifier not prepared: eCTRLBereft_HD!
2023-03-11 15:19:59.744 [INFO] :: Creating modifiers...
2023-03-11 15:19:59.744 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\..\..\src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(1729): Modifier not created: eCTRLBereft_HD!
2023-03-11 15:19:59.744 [INFO] :: Finished asset load (merge): 0m 0.1s - /People/Genesis 8 Female/Expressions/Daz 3D/alias_head_eCTRLBereft_HD.dsfThe line highlighted in red is weird and wrong~ the dsf file should not locate in user-face folder... Can you search and check this folder and delete all these dsf files and retry...










