-
Attention Zeddicus
You know I absolutely adore your work. Could I ask for one last pose package for Genesis 8/Victoria 8/Michael 8?
Please make an ASL pose package for the them!, Or add the files to your existing ASL pose package
Thank you in advance!
Debbie
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1Not sure if anyone else has announced this yet, but since it's been a hot topic: we have been told that the Velus etc. hair will be added to the Victoria 8.1 Base for new and existing purchasers sometime today. It will also be included with future 8.1 base characters.
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1Just a couple of Vicky 8.1 renders using the HD - first with the Vellus hair - second without


I think they did a great job - teething troubles aside. It is funny how the Vellus hair once installed shows as SKU 80029 yet if you search on that it comes back as not found.
I guess it will become a stand alone product for sale once they have gotten the milage out of the bundles.
David
SereneNight’s Sci-Fi Fun Thread 3Serene Night said:
Okay, so V8.1 Looks a ton different than the standard V8. first, I think her skin and face is much more realistic, as is her figure. She doesn't appear to be super buxom which is a strange thing for a v8. I'm going with this really not looking a lot like traditional Vicky. She's pretty, and I like her, but no, not Victoria. Is this V8 college girl? Or V8's kid sister? That I can believe. Nevertheless, I like her. She looks great to me. Can't wait for the guy version.
Looks really good no? And the FACS is so much better than anything else I've tried in DAZ Studio so far. Only think I haven;t got that's new is that vellum hair.
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1The hair not being included is a disappoinment, but I have other such hair products from here. It looks nicely done, though.
Here are 2 test renders of Victoria 8.1 sans extra hairs. She looks like different characters in some of the product page images. In some images, including my renders here, she reminds me of Judy from Cyberpunk 2077.
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1Wicked Whomp said:
charles said:
Cora Regina said:
fred9803 said:
Did you buy one of the bundles, or just V8.1?
I only have G8.1 and I assumed Victoria 8.1 would come with the vellus hair, but it seems only the University Bundle has the gens and the hair like the old pro bundles.
Yep, the vellus hair is paywalled inside the $$$$$ bundles (it's included in both yesterday's and today's). I also thought that ugh, fine, it should at least come with Victoria 8.1, then. But nope, you've gotta pay the big, big bucks to get what they're still advertising as a general upgrade for the base Genesis 8.1 figures.

Vellus hair is mentioned on the dedicated page to Genesis 8.1 under "Other Improvements Summary" with no mention nor any other indication that it is a premium feature. Doesn't take a detective to find, look for yourself. Their, along with everyone elses confusion is justified.
I completely agree with you, I noticed it their as well. Someone decided it was going to make a good bullet point on the sales page while hiding it in the bundles. Notice it's the very last item in the bundles.
Vic 8.1 textures not appearing in iray..?Stumped.. loading Victoria 8.1 HD, putting some clothes and hair on her and this is what I get in textured viewport, filament and Iray preview (and render window).
If I apply mats from any other G8F character, Iray renders textured model..
Any thoughts?
Victoria 8.1Just bought the Vic 8.1 model, tried a test run and something is wrong.
In the render, the middle model is Vic 8, the left Vic 8.1 HD and the right Vic 8.1, but no details.
can anyone give me a heads up at what im doing wrong
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1charles said:
Cora Regina said:
fred9803 said:
Did you buy one of the bundles, or just V8.1?
I only have G8.1 and I assumed Victoria 8.1 would come with the vellus hair, but it seems only the University Bundle has the gens and the hair like the old pro bundles.
Yep, the vellus hair is paywalled inside the $$$$$ bundles (it's included in both yesterday's and today's). I also thought that ugh, fine, it should at least come with Victoria 8.1, then. But nope, you've gotta pay the big, big bucks to get what they're still advertising as a general upgrade for the base Genesis 8.1 figures.

Vellus hair is mentioned on the dedicated page to Genesis 8.1 under "Other Improvements Summary" with no mention nor any other indication that it is a premium feature. Doesn't take a detective to find, look for yourself. Their, along with everyone elses confusion is justified.
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1kent Kent said:
Hi all
I've played with the new Victoria 8.1 and did a test render which I'm attaching here. I cannot figure out how to 'activate' the face and body hairs (vellus hairs). Could someone please advise me on that?
Thank you!
Cross Posted since it is being asked everywhere: I bought the bundle, but couldn't find the vellus hair until just now - under :
Genesis 8 Female
Anatomy
Genesis 8.1 Female Vellus Hair
I'm working up a render now.
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1deepred6502 said:
If it hasn't been mentioned already, the promos in Z's ASL Alphabet and V8.1 Bundle include an off-shoulder & bra clothing item that appears to be not yet released:
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1Jabba said:
I don't have any renders to hand yet, but I really like Victoria 8.1...
...While she might at first appear a bit less glamorous than Victoria 8, she has a more typical everyday body shape that will lend itself much better to blending with other shape morphs for custom characters - it's always easier to add to small breasts than it is to reduce large breasts with the morphs we have - much less of an arch in her lower back, but a pinch in at the waist and she can be glammed-up in a thrice.There might be a couple of things I would prefer to be different, but to get that sort of detail, I'd really need to improve my own sculpting skills and get stuck in myself - V8.1 is a step in the more versatile direction, which I see as a good thing.
I think she is also the first Victoria that's not 6 feet tall, which brings her closer to reality.
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1Cora Regina said:
fred9803 said:
Did you buy one of the bundles, or just V8.1?
I only have G8.1 and I assumed Victoria 8.1 would come with the vellus hair, but it seems only the University Bundle has the gens and the hair like the old pro bundles.
Yep, the vellus hair is paywalled inside the $$$$$ bundles (it's included in both yesterday's and today's). I also thought that ugh, fine, it should at least come with Victoria 8.1, then. But nope, you've gotta pay the big, big bucks to get what they're still advertising as a general upgrade for the base Genesis 8.1 figures.
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1fred9803 said:
Did you buy one of the bundles, or just V8.1?
I only have G8.1 and I assumed Victoria 8.1 would come with the vellus hair, but it seems only the University Bundle has the gens and the hair like the old pro bundles.
Yep, the vellus hair is paywalled inside the $$$$$ bundles (it's included in both yesterday's and today's). I also thought that ugh, fine, it should at least come with Victoria 8.1, then. But nope, you've gotta pay the big, big bucks to get what they're still advertising as a general upgrade for the base Genesis 8.1 figures.
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1kent Kent said:
fred9803 said:
kent Kent said:
Hi all
I've played with the new Victoria 8.1 and did a test render which I'm attaching here. I cannot figure out how to 'activate' the face and body hairs (vellus hairs). Could someone please advise me on that?
Thank you!
I don't have V8.1 but I assume the vellus hairs would be a conforming prop in the anatomy folder with the eyelashes etc.
Hi Fred
Thank you for taking the time to look at my question (and answer me) :)
Victoria 8.1 comes with these only, as far as I can figure out:
Ok, so I just found a discussion between thoreandan and Luciel and took a screenshot for others to see. I also add a screenshot of my Dev kit content folder. I'm not seeing that.
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1Did you buy one of the bundles, or just V8.1?
I only have G8.1 and I assumed Victoria 8.1 would come with the vellus hair, but it seems only the University Bundle has the gens and the hair like the old pro bundles.
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1I don't have any renders to hand yet, but I really like Victoria 8.1...
...While she might at first appear a bit less glamorous than Victoria 8, she has a more typical everyday body shape that will lend itself much better to blending with other shape morphs for custom characters - it's always easier to add to small breasts than it is to reduce large breasts with the morphs we have - much less of an arch in her lower back, but a pinch in at the waist and she can be glammed-up in a thrice.There might be a couple of things I would prefer to be different, but to get that sort of detail, I'd really need to improve my own sculpting skills and get stuck in myself - V8.1 is a step in the more versatile direction, which I see as a good thing.
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1kent Kent said:
fred9803 said:
kent Kent said:
Hi all
I've played with the new Victoria 8.1 and did a test render which I'm attaching here. I cannot figure out how to 'activate' the face and body hairs (vellus hairs). Could someone please advise me on that?
Thank you!
I don't have V8.1 but I assume the vellus hairs would be a conforming prop in the anatomy folder with the eyelashes etc.
Hi Fred
Thank you for taking the time to look at my question (and answer me) :)
Victoria 8.1 comes with these only, as far as I can figure out:
Did you buy one of the bundles, or just V8.1?
Genesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1deepred6502 said:
If it hasn't been mentioned already, the promos in Z's ASL Alphabet and V8.1 Bundle include an off-shoulder & bra clothing item that appears to be not yet released:

Its out now :)
https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-phenom-lingerie-for-genesis-8-femalesGenesis 8.1 / Victoria 8.1fred9803 said:
kent Kent said:
Hi all
I've played with the new Victoria 8.1 and did a test render which I'm attaching here. I cannot figure out how to 'activate' the face and body hairs (vellus hairs). Could someone please advise me on that?
Thank you!
I don't have V8.1 but I assume the vellus hairs would be a conforming prop in the anatomy folder with the eyelashes etc.
Hi Fred
Thank you for taking the time to look at my question (and answer me) :)
Victoria 8.1 comes with these only, as far as I can figure out:













