-
missing links?
I recently installed DAZ Central and it really messed things up for me. I have since deleted it and using DIM I uninstalled all of my content. Now when I install resourses through DIM, on some files there is no link to DS. When I try load a charachter, I see the thumbnail image but when I load it I get a message that say the .duf file does not exist. When I right click on the file and select browse to file, the files are actually there where they are supposed to be. Why does DS not know that?
DAZCentral claiming DAZStudio is not installedDAZ Central really messed me up. I have removed it from my computer but now when installing through DIM there is no link to DS. The files are where they are supposed to be but some can't be loaded by DS. When I right click the file and select browse to location, it is there but DS says .duf file does not exist?? It does not make sense to me.
What happened to my Install Manager links? Daz Central only.Oh ho ho! I am so GLAD I found this thread! I too was wondering why Daz Central was being forced down my throat. But when I saw that DIM was still working, I stayed with that until I had more information on Daz Central. From what I gathered so far by reading this thread, it seems to be a thing to avoid. I do NOT want to lose selective downloading, nor bulk downloading. As others mentioned here, they like to download only what they need out of their purchases to save on HD space. I am in the same boat. I just recently pulled all my V4 stuff my hard drive, but since it is stuff I bought already, I can alway put it back on if I need it. I was recently thinking of going overall of the purchases that I don't regularly use and remove them from my system. The DIM made easy work of this. Overall it was an excellent download manager and it did it's job well. For me it was pretty easy to follow and figure out, even when I was a new user.
I get the idea behind "change" to attempt to make things better, but to release something when it seemingly doesn't work, as stated above, is nothing short of ridiculous, yet it happens far too often out there. But then the idea to force it upon someone isn't fair at all. I am going through this issue with DeviantART right now as they totally redid their site. At least we were warned though, but still, now I have to relearn the whole site all over.
But I just have to pat myself on the back this time in that I did some research in regards to Daz Central before I ended up destroying my Daz Studio set up with it. So I am with the naysayers here, I am going to stay with DIM. Simply because it works alright for me.
And another thing...if Daz wants to fix something so badly, why not fix the horrid search engine this forum has? THAT has been in need of fixing for a VERY long time. As it is, I end up using Google instead starting all my Daz Forum searches with...well, "Daz Studio Form...." That proves to be better than searching within the Daz Forums. But I digress, I know that is another topic of discussion that belongs elsewhere.
Geo
No access to productIt doesn't list Daz Central as an option, which is surprising as I understood that anything that had DIM or Central options would have both. However, it does appear to be Poser-only so that may be the reason - it is material settings that use the Poser Material Room and there isn't a way to translate those to DS. If you use Daz Studio think you should request a refund.
No access to productI picked up this product:
https://www.daz3d.com/plushies-dexter
No problem with this, but I have an issue with the addon:
https://www.daz3d.com/dexter-expansion-1-softies
Daz Central can't find it, even though it lists that it's there.
I did locate it in the content library, and while the image for the product exists, it seems empty. I look in the file folder and everything is there as far as I can tell (still a newbie,) so I don't understand why it's not showing up, and why I can't do anything with it.
I did uninstall it and reinstall it. I haven't tried manually adding it.
Downloader manager is gone then?I bought something, then clicked to open the DIM, and I was taken to the download site for DAZ Central. I am on a Macintosh, and the Macintosh version is not yet available. I closed that web page and started up DIM on my computer. Perhaps its a blessing that a Macintosh version of DAZ Central is not available. Supposedly, there will be one later.
DAZCentral claiming DAZStudio is not installedThis is a freakin mess. Got a new PC. Moved some external drives around. And am trying to re-install DS on one of my machines. Apparently I can only do it through Central, and it's not working. Won't even complete an install. Is there a direct link to install DS?? Central is broken.
How do i uninstall Daz Studio?Did you install it using Daz Central? I f so open Daz Central and it should show a button "Open" click on the down arrow and it will show "Uninstall" just click that and it will uninstall.
Git and Backup for Daz StudioHey,
I come from a background of software development, and I'm looking for tools that are similar to Git and Backup, but for Daz Studio.
Functionalities I need:
1) A way to cloud backup all my project files so that I can recover it easily in case of HDD failure.
2) A way to collaborate as a team with another 3D artist (like git), where we can stage, commit and push changes to a central repository, and the other part can fetch and pull these changes. Dependencies should be handled automatically.
As explained collaboration is tricky but for version control I just use git. The .duf files are binary so you can't do the things you can with text files but you can save different versions and even fork projects pretty easily.
Git and Backup for Daz StudioHey,
I come from a background of software development, and I'm looking for tools that are similar to Git and Backup, but for Daz Studio.
Functionalities I need:
1) A way to cloud backup all my project files so that I can recover it easily in case of HDD failure.
2) A way to collaborate as a team with another 3D artist (like git), where we can stage, commit and push changes to a central repository, and the other part can fetch and pull these changes. Dependencies should be handled automatically.
Addons for my products in filterHello, It would be nice to filter shop, by more criteria.
Specialy find addons that I don't have fort my products, would be very helpful.
P.S.
Im very glad for new DAZ Central, finally I can see genesis versions for all my products :-).
Please continue developing this tool and expand filters :-D!
Thank you.
Why do I want/need Daz Central?Are you happy with your current file structure? Are you comfortable with your current download method, be it DIM or manual? Do you use directories other than C:?
If you answer 'Yes' to any of those questions, consider very carefully downloading Daz Central.
Why do I want/need Daz Central?Just asking before I download another headache.
DIM No Longer Installs to Products FolderOK. But I have NEVER installed Daz Central. I have tried resetting the path in the DIM Install Advanced Settings, but this still does not result in a DIM-installed item appearing as installed in the Products folder (though I CAN find it installed in the Legacy folder hierarchy).
DIM No Longer Installs to Products FolderPeople have found that Daz Central reset their custom paths, which woudl lose the previous databse (but restoring the original path setting would bring it back).
DIM No Longer Installs to Products FolderIn the past 30-40 days, I've been experiencing this issue: I will download and install products through DIM (in two separate actions WITHOUT Daz Studio open), but when I look in the Products folder for these items, all of them are at the bottom of their respective initial alphabet lists and greyed out (as though awaiting Connect installation). The few products that I've checked ARE installed, but I have to go through the Poser legacy folder hierarchy to find them.
Since my troubles coincide with Daz Central's arrival, I'm positing that this is a byproduct of it, as it uses DIM's structure. (I have never installed Daz Central).
I use the Products folder because I don't have to look up convoluted paths when I know the name of the product.
When this happened last month, I uninstalled each item and singularly installed it until it would show up in the Products folder. However, this does not seem to be working anymore. I've heard that installing by DIM as well as Connect can cause issues, and I'd rather not deal with Connect (although some items refused to show up in the Products folder unless I installed by Connect).
I'm submitting a ticket for this, but my experiences with Tech Support do not inspire hope.
Everything I Bought and Installed Today is DumbOk - I've just installed a few new purchases via DIM, same as I always do (with Studio closed). Now after opening Studio there is nothing at all appearing in Smart Content.
The system recognizes I have stuff installed; I can see them in the Products tab. But Files - nothing, with or without Filter by Context checked.
I haven't installed or used Daz Central.
Has this happened to anyone else, and can anyone advise on how to fix it, please?
Edit: And after shutting down and restarting they're back. Don't know what happened there, but glad it's back to normal.
Edit again! No, they're not back. There was only visible content in the Files tab of Smart Content on first opening, with an empty workspace. Once I loaded a character, it went back to before, with content visible in the Products tab only. This is the case even when Filter by Context is unselected so the system is not being asked to be smart. Help please!
All smart content grayed out, has to be reloadedI moved all my content to my external "E" drive and everything was working fine, or as fine as Daz gets on a good day. Then "Daz Central" came online. Now I have to load my products twice. First through Daz Install Manager, then through the Smart Content pane. This was a minor annoyance, but then I took my E drive with me to work on content on my laptop. When I plugged it back into my desktop.....All 509 products need to be reloaded. This will take three days.
What the Hell is going on? Why do I have to load evrything twice?
Please, any help with this would be greatly appreciated.
DAZCentral only ... bug or feature?I just bought this too from today's sales and couldn't find it in my smart planning on using it for project was going to enter in a competition too looked it up in my product library to see it's daz central only. This has happened to others with recent products they keep saying they're not but it's looking like we are being pressured into using DC instead of dim. Bought several other things with it but might return the lot as this was the main product really wanted rest was just extra might as well. Funny the main product was every download though
Please understand that it is not Daz Central either, that seems to be being added to every page regardless (so presumably a bug). It looks as if this set, like some others this week, failed to upload correctly and isn't avaialble right now by any method - I'm sure it will be fixed during the course of the day.
DAZCentral only ... bug or feature?looked it up in my product library to see it's daz central only. This has happened to others with recent products they keep saying they're not but it's looking like we are being pressured into using DC instead of dim.
No, that's definitely a bug. The other products initially marked "DazCentral" only were not available for download via DazCentral either, all install files were missing.








