-
[Closed] RRRRR - Coming Late Excuses - Render Contest!
Ken OBanion said:
I have to wait until my data plan cycles (tomorrow) before I can upload my render; once I hit my bandwidth limit (which typically is about four days into the billing cycle), I get throttled back to damn near dial-up speeds! Meanwhile, it’s five o’clock (well, five-till; close enough!), and there’s a Martini in front of me (and a little to my left; thank goodness I’m at least semi-ambidextrous -- well, for the important things, anyway!), and that means it’s time to move on to Round 2!
The pull:
2963 – Colors for Love Me Hair (Love Me Hair is for V4)
37 – Giselle for V4 (How convenient!)
1724 – Gamine (G3F; that one’s a little freaky-sounding, I don’t know…!)
6574 – Cozy for Day Dreamer (G3F)
Victoria 4 and Genesis 3; I haven’t done anything with V4 in ages!
*Sigh* Whatever….
UPDATE: While searching for the Colors for Love Me Hair package, I discovered an entire order that I somehow neglected to download! From August of 2015! Thirty-three items, mostly hair and hair textures. (Practically all Platinum Club, too, so you know I got some really tasty deals on them!)
You can blame the Martinis if you want. I am.
I pretty much knew what I wanted to do with this render from the very start; then, when I saw that nothing in my pull would prove to be an impediment, I just went for it! I did have to do a bit of experimenting, to get the effect just right, and I made the mistake of thinking the Day Dreamer outfit (required by the Cozy textures) was a Genesis 3 clothing set; it was actually for Genesis. I tried to fit it to a Genesis 3 figure, and when I imported the clothed figure into the scene, the skirt and blouse kept blowing up! I couldn’t very well leave her sitting in the car naked (although that is my usual modus operandi), so I swapped her for a genuine Genesis character.
This entry consists of two separate renders: the first is for validation and verification, to demonstrate that I did, in fact, use everything in my pull; because, in the second image (the “money shot”, as it were), a lot of those items are not readily discernable. And I jacked around with the camera for more than an hour, in an effort to make them so. Alas…, it didn’t happen.
I gave up on trying to visualize the Mach wave. I figured out a way to do it using Blender, but it also would have required some seriously inventive shader work, and I really don’t think have the shader chops to pull that off – yet.
Also used:
Divided Highway by First Bastian (purchased explicitly for this entry!)
Jepe’s PillarZ and PillarZ II
Bunny Dazed outfit for Victoria 4 (and dForce worked on it! I was not expecting that!)
Shiloh HD for Genesis 3 Female
Tinkerbell Hair
Casual Style for Genesis 3 Female (required by the Gamine textures)
Victoria 5
Pure Hair Crazy for Genesis
Day Dreamer Outfit for Genesis (required by the Cozy textures)
Roads Royds (from Renderosity; they had to name it that, due to copyright considerations. It is, in fact, modeled after the Rolls-Royce Ghost; unfortunately not the Black Badge Edition. That is one seriously sexy-looking ride!)
(And I re-used the Eliot character from my last render, suit, hair, and all, only I made him lose the face-diaper! Yeah, I recycle; what’s your point?)
TAG: obanion#2
Title: Well, This Morning Commute Went Seriously South in a Hurry…!
“Um…, you probably ought to take the bypass. Because that thing is liable to booger-up traffic like you cannot even BEGIN to imagine!”
The Newest Evolution Is Here: The Daz Season Pass!Up to Victoria 8.1, I bought every single Pro Bundle since I joined DAZ. Although, the buying enticements for them have deteriorated bundle for bundle while at the same time the quality of the included assets deteriorated noticeably.
Since Genesis 8.1, the bundles are even more expensive with near to null buying enticements at all.
While I was initially curious about 8.1, I read about enough issues with 4.15 to keep my distance from it.
Many creators who depend on a working DAZ Studio installation recommended me not to upgrade, as they regret having done it or have fallen back to an older version, where possible. Thus 8.1 is no question for me before DAZ Productions, Inc. is able to fix all the know issues.
Therefore I have not bought a single 8.1 bundle, and I do not see myself buying one soon.
For not having bought any of those new bundles, even though I own all Genesis 8 Pro Bundles and most of the Genesis 3 ones, and many more assets worth several thousand dollars, DAZ is not offering me anymore "Loyalty" banners on new bundles. I do not count those bundles where DAZ graciously offers me a 70%+ discount when I own every single asset or only miss one.
I really see no good in this Season Pass at all.
And "loyal" but somewhat unruly customers like me that do not have embraced Genesis 8.1 or even Genesis 8 cannot feel differently than feeling affronted by this season pass.The Newest Evolution Is Here: The Daz Season Pass!Eeyore said:
Does this mean that there may be a new base, such as G9F - Victoria 9(8.1)/G9M - Michael 9(8.1), and then perhaps a couple variations of them provided as those 5 free bases w/their accompanying HD add-ons? Will they be that much improved?
It has my interest piqued, but I am still questioning if it could be something that substantial. I'd be disappointed if it were base add-ons to the current 8th generation structure because I have an awful lot of morphs and content for 8 now, some of which doesn't show up or work for 8.1. I am still comtemplating taking the gamble.
If your G8 content is not showing on your 8.1s then you probably haven't upgraded to Daz 4.15 and PBR skins (what the new characters will use most likely) wouldn't work for you anyway. Also, be aware that if you do move on to 4.15, the program will take a lot more memory to use and that could affect what you can render with your GPU.
I seriously doubt Daz is anywhere near releasing a G9, since 8.1 just dropped. So don't count on getting a new Victoria or Micheal anytime soon.
The Newest Evolution Is Here: The Daz Season Pass!Eeyore said:
Does this mean that there may be a new base, such as G9F - Victoria 9(8.1)/G9M - Michael 9(8.1), and then perhaps a couple variations of them provided as those 5 free bases w/their accompanying HD add-ons? Will they be that much improved?
It has my interest piqued, but I am still questioning if it could be something that substantial. I'd be disappointed if it were base add-ons to the current 8th generation structure because I have an awful lot of morphs and content for 8 now, some of which doesn't show up or work for 8.1. I am still comtemplating taking the gamble.
Base characters usually meansd the Name 8.1s, not base figures like Genesis 8.1
The Newest Evolution Is Here: The Daz Season Pass!Does this mean that there may be a new base, such as G9F - Victoria 9(8.1)/G9M - Michael 9(8.1), and then perhaps a couple variations of them provided as those 5 free bases w/their accompanying HD add-ons? Will they be that much improved?
It has my interest piqued, but I am still questioning if it could be something that substantial. I'd be disappointed if it were base add-ons to the current 8th generation structure because I have an awful lot of morphs and content for 8 now, some of which doesn't show up or work for 8.1. I am still comtemplating taking the gamble.
A Roadmap for Daz Studio Would be HelpfulMark_e593e0a5 said:
gerster said:
Mark_e593e0a5 said:
AZDigitalArtist said:
gerster said:
margrave said:


A season pass without a roadmap?
Suddenly I've got chills.
would like to know if we really get just the base char and the hd addon or the complete bundle?
I guess we have still to buy the bundle and get some small discount which is not the money of the pass worth... but I'd like to hear an official statement

Yes, it would be nice to know if they are abandoning the bundle concept before agreeing to something like this. Or is the thinking that we just get the character early and then get an xx% discount on the bundle(s) in the following days? I don't think that would work for me.
Well, trying to get some sense into all that marketing bla bla, I would anticipate the following:
- you get the base character plus the HD add-on a day in advance
- You usually get a decent discount (10 to 20%) for a bundle when owning the character, via.the used-to-be-purple-but-now-it's-orange banner
- Given that you own the character already, you should get a discount on the bundle.
The deal could be worse.... On the other hand, I might be totally on the wrong track, as Daz has proven to be 100% unpredictable.
that's what I also guess. so we would pay $30 per char to get a discount of 10 to 20%.

sounds for now like a very bad deal.
DAZ, please more infos. try to confince me.
You are correct, a base char is about $30. But You also get the HD add-on, which is about $27, IIRC. Plus you get 2 items for free, but Daz will decide what. Could be some Victoria 4 stuff.
I would have appreaciated a bit of fine print like "get a minimum of $xxx on Daz items" to make it clear. The current promo leaves too much guesswork.
my math is, normally I pay for a bundle AND the hd addon $40 to $50.
paying in advance $30 to get 10 to 20% discount is not luring
A Roadmap for Daz Studio Would be Helpfulgerster said:
Mark_e593e0a5 said:
AZDigitalArtist said:
gerster said:
margrave said:


A season pass without a roadmap?
Suddenly I've got chills.
would like to know if we really get just the base char and the hd addon or the complete bundle?
I guess we have still to buy the bundle and get some small discount which is not the money of the pass worth... but I'd like to hear an official statement

Yes, it would be nice to know if they are abandoning the bundle concept before agreeing to something like this. Or is the thinking that we just get the character early and then get an xx% discount on the bundle(s) in the following days? I don't think that would work for me.
Well, trying to get some sense into all that marketing bla bla, I would anticipate the following:
- you get the base character plus the HD add-on a day in advance
- You usually get a decent discount (10 to 20%) for a bundle when owning the character, via.the used-to-be-purple-but-now-it's-orange banner
- Given that you own the character already, you should get a discount on the bundle.
The deal could be worse.... On the other hand, I might be totally on the wrong track, as Daz has proven to be 100% unpredictable.
that's what I also guess. so we would pay $30 per char to get a discount of 10 to 20%.

sounds for now like a very bad deal.
DAZ, please more infos. try to confince me.
You are correct, a base char is about $30. But You also get the HD add-on, which is about $27, IIRC. Plus you get 2 items for free, but Daz will decide what. Could be some Victoria 4 stuff.
I would have appreaciated a bit of fine print like "get a minimum of $xxx on Daz items" to make it clear. The current promo leaves too much guesswork.
Victoria 8.1 Duf Won't Load[Victoria 8.1 Duf Won't Load] Here is the error message I get. Thanks for any help you can provide.
Edited for Please put your question in the post body and the title - Daz 3D Forums
MetaMorpher for Daz Studio (work in progress)I think a lot more people are likely to buy this if it works with other generations....but maybe the thing to do is get started with the Genesis 8 product then add more as addons; although, for me, Genesis 3 is a must as that is the generation I have stuck with, at least for the foreseeable. Mind you, I still use everyone back to Michael 4 and Victoria 4, so I'd get better use out of a product that covered all the bases.
Genres You'd Like to See in the Store?Honestly, a lot could be learned from the features of Daz Deals.
One of the features there is one that shows add-ons for products you already have - if I'm buying an outfit that's on sale, but the texture set isn't, these days I try to remember to wishlist the textures for later, but if I forget to do that (or before I did that), it is often permanently forgotten, as it's very hard to find without that.
It'd be nice if that could be implemented alongside a category filter - my experience with the Daz Deals implementation is that it usually ends up dominated by "So-and-so For Victoria 8" characters or anything that uses the base figure head/body morphs, and while there's nothing wrong with those in particular, an extra V8 based character doesn't add to her as much as a texture set can make an outfit more useful, so being able to filter down by "texture sets" would be useful.
What I've heard from PAs is that texture sets are often one of the worst sellers, and while I don't think a feature like that would make them an amazing seller, it would have to improve things.
No price showing means it's free, right?Genesis (insert whatever number) is for free, and should be more or less installed automatically with Daz Studio.
What that page links to however, are Victoria 8.1 and Michael 8.1, which are "advanced" character packages (with some nice outfits, extra hairs and privates pieces). These are based on the Genesis 8.1 character, and you'd need to have Genesis 8.1 installed to use them, but, these advanced characters do cost money.So, just instal Daz Studio, log into the DIM installer (don't bother with Daz Central, it only causes headaches), install the Genesis 8.1 Essentials Package, and you should have the Genesis 8.1 figures (male and female) with some basic clothes and hairs.
I strongly advise to DO install the other Genesis figures (Genesis, Genesis 2 and Genesis 3) as well, there are some nice free outfits and hairs in those packages as well, and especially the Genesis 3 outfits are easy to fit onto Genesis 8.1 anyway. Just shoes tend to cause problems.No price showing means it's free, right?By the way, what are the hair products Victoria 8.1 & Michael 8.1 are using in that promo?
Can I suggest a rule?This reminds me of all those outfit promos that included only Victoria, Monique and Josie as figures. Those were some sad promos. Thanks, but no thanks.
No price showing means it's free, right?Musta been a glitch, everything there is showing a price tag for me. Just for info, the genesis 8.1 are free upgrades, just redownload and install all the g8 starter essentials, and make sure to upgrade daz studio. Word of caution though, the new daz studio has some transparency issues. The victoria 8 and micheal 8 stuff are paid addons.
Issue with GoZ and Victoria/Michael 8.1 BrowsWhen I try to send a Genesis 8.1 figure that has either the Victoria 8.1 Eyebrows or the Michael 8.1 Eyebrows to ZBrush with GoZ, it doesn't send the character figure itself, instead it names the eyebrows as the figure. So what arrives in ZBrush is just the eyebrows, with hair, clothes, props, whatever else is on the character. I have to delete the eyebrows to make it work, and then place them back on the character when I'm done with ZBrush. These two eyebrow sets are the first that make this.
Anyone else having this issue?
Thanks.
Reality 4.3 Win10x64"Wow, you are really knowledgeable, thank you Sir!"
I pre-ordered Reality before it was even available. (Guess that's the definition of "pre-order..."
) It took a while to master, but once I got it down it was wicked fast to set up scenes for rendering. My problem occurred when Reality 2.x came out- it wouldn't work with anything less than Victoria 4-era characters, and was set up for Studio 4. It left all sorts of weird black facets on the faces of the older characters, so I had to stick with 1.25. Also, early DAZ 4 had a horrendous interface, and I loathed it so much that I simply stayed with Studio 3.25. I still can't use the default interface for 4: that idiotic orange on the textures page flashing on and off as you move over items really hurts these old eyes. DAZ doesn't consider the consequenses of their choices for the people out there, they're more interested in lertting you know they're really cool in how they do things, so I had to customize my interface to look as much like 3.x as I could.Anyway, IIRC, I think the GPU stuff is on the "Ouput tab." Once last thing to be aware of- Reality is terrible at memory management. Keep your Hidden Items open on the scene list, because as you reuse scenes, it will add iteration after of "Reality_Scene_Data files." I've jad scenes of over half a Gig before I realized the issue. Spent a whole day deleting the extrameous files in the various scenes. Delete any one that's numbered and you will still be good.
..Joe
Issue with: data/daz 3d/genesis/base/morphs/daz 3d/victoria 4/fhmvictoria4.dsfYou need the Victoria 4 morph for Genesis not the actual Victoria 4.
[Closed] RRRRR - Coming Late Excuses - Render Contest!tag:MelanieL#2
A Modern Siren
He had to stop the boat - maybe she needed help?
But when she started singing, nothing else in the world seemed to matter. Even the grasshopper who had hitched a ride seemed entranced.Used:
The Songstress
Ship Dolphin
dForce Thadeus Hair for Genesis 3 & 8 Male(s)
The Creeper Collection (Grasshopper, Jumping Spider and Lady Bug)Also Used:
Michael 7
Jeans and Button Up Outfit for G3M
Buoys II
Victoria 4.2
Siren Hair
Songbird Remix: SeabirdsImproving Studio performanceWhat we need is an improvement of Studio performance. I have about 900 G8F characters acquired till today, so most characters like Bridget8, Victoria8, etc. Now it takes about 1 hour to load the G8F character (on a high-end PC system - Intel 10980XE, 128 GB memory, SSD´s, Nvidia Titax RTX) while my G3F only takes about a minute to load (where I own "only" 200 characters). The problem is that all morphs, used or unused always load with the base figure.
So what we need is a new Genesis figure which only loads the needed morphs or a script that deletes unused morphs (not only putting the slider to zero).
I know that the current solution is to delete all characters currently unused but that makes no sense for me. So why not like in old Poser times when needed morphs have to be loaded manually in the base figure like in Victoria 4?
As the money comes with additional characters for the base figures (maybe one day Victoria9, Bridget9, and so on) it would be only good for DAZ because if not I (or we) will not buy any longer so many characters for a new Genesis figure.
Issue with: data/daz 3d/genesis/base/morphs/daz 3d/victoria 4/fhmvictoria4.dsfIssue with: data/daz 3d/genesis/base/morphs/daz 3d/victoria 4/fhmvictoria4.dsf go to load this character SAV Eirene, and I get those loading Error's about victoria 4 morphs and stuff, twice...
As far as I know I got victoria 4.2 and the Moprhs ++ as well. and I installed them again to make sure manually, even though they were installed from Daz Studio Central and Loader.
So not sure waht to do with this to fix it.
any guesses to why?













