• Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3D Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
    • Game Ready
  • Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions
  • Download Studio
  • Menu
  • Daz 3D
  • Shop
  • 3d Software
    • Daz Studio Premier
    • Daz Studio
    • Install Manager
    • Exporters
    • Daz to Roblox
    • Daz to Maya
    • Daz to Blender
    • Daz to Unreal
    • Daz to Unity
    • Daz to 3ds Max
    • Daz to Cinema 4D
  • 3D Models
    • Genesis 9
    • Genesis 8.1
    • Free 3D Models
  • Community
    • Our Community
    • Gallery
    • Forums
    • Blog
    • Press
    • Help
  • Memberships
    • Daz Premier
    • Daz Plus
    • Daz Base
    • Compare
  • AI Solutions

Notifications

You currently have no notifications.

Loading...
Daz 3D Forums > Search
  • Premier Questions

    crosswind said:

    benniewoodell said:

    crosswind said:

    Imago said:

    Probably someone else already asked this, but I don't have the strenght to search along the whole forum...

    If I convert a figure using the Premier tool, I'm allowed to use that converted figure if I don't keep the subscription? Or it will stop working along with the plugin? A more backward compatibility is planned (namely, support for G1 and G2  F/M figures)?

    The converted figures will be either saved as sub-set or DSF files... etc. then they'll have nothing to do with the converter plugin anymore, so they can always work without subscritpion.

    Have you used this converter yet? If so, does it work well? I can't for the life of me get riversoft's to work right and I'd love to make the characters I have that are G8 for this film I'm doing into G9 as I have much better expression packs for G9. If it works nicely, that might persuade me to swap my seven months or whatever it is for two months of premiere to swap them all over. 

    Yep ! Again, this converter plugin is just the Figure Converter product from Manfriday (http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/90814/start). There's no big change as far as I test except for a newly-added function of Adjust Rigging in its UI (screenshot 1, which is as same as Adjust Rigging to Shape).

    As expected, it works well on converting Head shape when converting G3/G8 to G9 but the issues in specific Body shape cases are still there, especially from G3 - G9. (screenshot 2)  Besides, as usual, the converter won't fix the issues of eye rigging, corrective morphs, expressional distortion... yada yada. You still have to fix them yourselves.

    Pls be noted, this converter just uses Fit-Suit method ( Mr. Jay Versluis showed in his tutorials ) only it nearly automates the whole workflow. If you directly use the way of Fit-Suit manually, you even can prevent the above issues from happening ~~ So, it's up to your choice anyway...

    Thank you so very much for taking the time to let me know this information! I don't change anything really bodyshape wise, I usually just find a character I have that has the shape I pretty much want, I just need the head shapes to change. And good to know Jay found a way to do it manually, but at this point, I just want something automated. When I started the film I'm doing, the main character I created was G8 since 9 wasn't available at the time (it's been an off and on project haha), and I would just love to transfer him over to G9 and I can't get the Riversoft one to work right. I think this might be worth it for me to swap my remaining months for two of premiere and get this guy to G9. Thanks again! 

    By

    benniewoodell benniewoodell October 2024 in The Commons
  • Daz Studio BETA - version 4.23.0.4! (*UPDATED*)

    Leana said:

    Masterstroke said:

    What exactly are the base advantages for upgrading without any subscritions?

    There's a blog post about version 4.23 here: https://www.daz3d.com/blog/daz-studio-premier-and-daz-studio-4-23-updates

    Thanks, I have not seen that :-) 
    Quote
    "Easily transfer your creations to other software using Daz Studio’s enhanced exporting tools, including file > send to options for Blender and Maya in their native file formats."
    So, does that mean, I can export a scene or a character to Blender in *.blend format without having a DAZ + or premier subscription??

    By

    Masterstroke Masterstroke October 2024 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Premier Questions

    Elor said:

    druc said:

    Now, I may be very wrong here. It was my understanding that when you morphed a character using your morph collection and saved the project/scene or scene subset, it saved the character and morph data. If you use a subscription morph and no longer have access to use that morph, then your scene would not be able to load that data. You may get an error, data file or whatever not found, or unexpected results due to that/those morphs not being available. Clarification of this would be appreciated by me at least.  

    If they are morphs among the exclusive Premier content (and by exclusive Premier content, I mean content non Premier members can't buy at all), once you're no longer a Premier member, yes, you'll lose access to them: any scene using a character from the same generation of these morphs will raise an error (the same way all my Genesis 9 scenes saved between the moment I got a character and the moment I asked for a refund of this character are now raising an error saying any morph related to this character are not found) and any character using these morphs will no longer look like they did with the morphs actives.

    But right now, we don't know what the exclusive Premier content will be and the only content we know someone stopping their subscription lose is the various plugins Daz bought from Manfriday. We should know more before the end of the week, @Daz_Steve teased a incoming bundle, advising people to keep their bundle coupons.

    Right ~ If there's any "exclusive Content" for this Premier tier only, i.e. non-Premier tiers folks have no way to buy, as well as the folks who stop subscription cannot further access the Content, I think Daz might've developed a really good way to assure these things can be solidly secured.

    Still, let's keep eyes on it ~

    By

    crosswind crosswind October 2024 in The Commons
  • Premier Questions

    Solar Dreamer said:

    DAZ_Steve said:

    Can you please clarify what, if anything, will change regarding export feature accessibility with the introduction of premier.


    The DAZ blog post lists the following under the standard export features:

    "Enhanced Exporting Tools for Smoother Workflows
    Easily transfer your creations to other software using Daz Studio’s enhanced exporting tools, including file > send to options for Blender and Maya in their native file formats. Whether you’re refining models or working on animations, these tools streamline your creative process. Plus, you can now convert Daz rigs for Unreal Engine or Mixamo with just a few clicks, allowing you to experiment with animations in Mixamo or directly integrate characters into your Unreal projects. Additionally, Studio 4.23 allows you to export entire environment scenes directly to Blender for further refinement, so you can take your favorite Daz content with you as you create."


    However, the DAZ premier info page seems to indicate that those features are premier only:

    "Enhanced Exporting Tools

    Experience streamlined and versatile exporting workflows in Daz Studio. With options for sending content to popular 3D software, enhanced rig conversion tools, and intuitive ways to export entire environments, your creative projects are easier to share and develop across platforms

    Rig Conversion System

    Convert Daz rigs for Unreal Engine, MetaHuman, or Mixamo with a click. Export your characters directly into Unreal projects or experiment with animations in Mixamo

    Environment Export to Blender

    Export entire environment scenes directly from Daz Studio into Blender, preserving all your selected Daz props and assets for further refinement"


    Can you please clarify this discrepency? I also am a little concerned over what "With options for sending content to popular 3D software" means since as of 4.22, those options are already present without a subscription.

    • Will we still have access to the export features we used to have without a premier subscription, or will those now be premier only?
    • Will the enhanced export options be available for everyone, or only those with a subscription?

    Currently, I'm a DAZ+ subscriber, although I will probably let that lapse when it expires because of the price increase. I would consider subscribing to premier some months when I want discounts, but not if the export options we already have are getting moved to subcription. I'm uninterested in renting plugins.

    Export features with Daz to XXX Bridges are not Premier subscrition dependent. They can be also used in older DS versions. And the very same up-to-date bridge versions have been already published on daz-to-xxx github pages.

    By

    crosswind crosswind October 2024 in The Commons
  • Premier Questions

    druc said:

    Now, I may be very wrong here. It was my understanding that when you morphed a character using your morph collection and saved the project/scene or scene subset, it saved the character and morph data. If you use a subscription morph and no longer have access to use that morph, then your scene would not be able to load that data. You may get an error, data file or whatever not found, or unexpected results due to that/those morphs not being available. Clarification of this would be appreciated by me at least.  

    If they are morphs among the exclusive Premier content (and by exclusive Premier content, I mean content non Premier members can't buy at all), once you're no longer a Premier member, yes, you'll lose access to them: any scene using a character from the same generation of these morphs will raise an error (the same way all my Genesis 9 scenes saved between the moment I got a character and the moment I asked for a refund of this character are now raising an error saying any morph related to this character are not found) and any character using these morphs will no longer look like they did with the morphs actives.

    But right now, we don't know what the exclusive Premier content will be and the only content we know someone stopping their subscription lose is the various plugins Daz bought from Manfriday. We should know more before the end of the week, @Daz_Steve teased a incoming bundle, advising people to keep their bundle coupons.

    By

    Elor Elor October 2024 in The Commons
  • Genesis 1/2/3/8/9 to Genesis 2/3/8/9 Pose Converter (Updated 2025-01-03)

    I'm using timeline to gradually dial in a character morph then, once it's at 100%, the second third of the timeline will be used to do the transition to the final pose (and the last third is used to let the clothes stabilize), so I have three key frames for the figure:

    • one with the base shape and base pose at 0
    • one with the final shape and base pose at 15
    • one with the final shape and the final pose at 30

    With native pose, when the timeline is at 30, I can apply the pose and it'll not be retro-actively applied to the previous keys.

    But with a pose converted with this script, when the timeline is at 30, the pose seems to only be applied to the key at 0, so by default, every other key will have it, but if I'm applied a Restore Figure pose to any key at 0 or 15, the following keys will lose the pose too.

    Is there a way to apply a converted pose only to the frame selected in a timeline like it's possible with native poses ? Am I doing something wrong (I have the figure selected in the scene tab, the pose selected in my content library panel and I launch the correct script through the script menu) ?

    By

    Elor Elor October 2024 in Freebies
  • Premier Questions

    druc said:

    crosswind said:

    Elor said:

    daveso said:

    another question. If joining Premiere, do the items you get, like the free bundle, or anything else other than the Studio enhancements, go away if you stop the subscription? 

    You'll keep anything that a non Premier member can buy.

    In other word, you'll only lose the exclusive plugins and exclusive contents (which will apparently appear with the next Daz bundle) if you stop being a Premier member.

    As far as I test, the product assets (essential morphs... ) you ever downloaded with the subscription will be always there and usable even Premier expires. I don't think they'll be encryped, de-activated or deleted after Premier expires... I'll be surprised if they will be ~~

    And all new plugins can work offline without no futher log-in after activation but I do believe the Premier subscription data is stored locally. DS will check it when being launched...

    Now, I may be very wrong here. It was my understanding that when you morphed a character using your morph collection and saved the project/scene or scene subset, it saved the character and morph data. If you use a subscription morph and no longer have access to use that morph, then your scene would not be able to load that data. You may get an error, data file or whatever not found, or unexpected results due to that/those morphs not being available. Clarification of this would be appreciated by me at least.  

    As per my checking and experimenting, there's no sort of "subscription morph" and there shouldn't be such a thing even with a subscription ~ Why ?

    1) After subscribing Premier tier, I got 5 packages of products pushed to me in DIM (shown in screenshot1), though I've already own them. They have no difference from the ordinary products. And with big discount / tokens, they may be totally worth $15 ~~ (Don't forget I've already paid $19 ... don't I derserve to own them permanently even if I've never bought them ? )

    2) There's no way / no updated ToS, at least by now, for Daz to make you "no longer access to use" these assets, AFAIK, let alone, IMHO, it'll be pretty meaningless even ridiculous for Daz to do so.. because there're quite a few ways for the user to keep using these assets. Why should Daz do so with such a stupid strategy ?

    Again, for this new Tier, if Daz has determined a way of renting Assets to the subscribers by using whaever techniques / terms in ToS,  that'd be a very very unwise strategy. So... anyway ~~ I'm waiting for my one month's subscription expires, then see what will happen.  

    By

    crosswind crosswind October 2024 in The Commons
  • Premier Questions

    DAZ_Steve said:

    Can you please clarify what, if anything, will change regarding export feature accessibility with the introduction of premier.


    The DAZ blog post lists the following under the standard export features:

    "Enhanced Exporting Tools for Smoother Workflows
    Easily transfer your creations to other software using Daz Studio’s enhanced exporting tools, including file > send to options for Blender and Maya in their native file formats. Whether you’re refining models or working on animations, these tools streamline your creative process. Plus, you can now convert Daz rigs for Unreal Engine or Mixamo with just a few clicks, allowing you to experiment with animations in Mixamo or directly integrate characters into your Unreal projects. Additionally, Studio 4.23 allows you to export entire environment scenes directly to Blender for further refinement, so you can take your favorite Daz content with you as you create."


    However, the DAZ premier info page seems to indicate that those features are premier only:

    "Enhanced Exporting Tools

    Experience streamlined and versatile exporting workflows in Daz Studio. With options for sending content to popular 3D software, enhanced rig conversion tools, and intuitive ways to export entire environments, your creative projects are easier to share and develop across platforms

    Rig Conversion System

    Convert Daz rigs for Unreal Engine, MetaHuman, or Mixamo with a click. Export your characters directly into Unreal projects or experiment with animations in Mixamo

    Environment Export to Blender

    Export entire environment scenes directly from Daz Studio into Blender, preserving all your selected Daz props and assets for further refinement"


    Can you please clarify this discrepency? I also am a little concerned over what "With options for sending content to popular 3D software" means since as of 4.22, those options are already present without a subscription.

    • Will we still have access to the export features we used to have without a premier subscription, or will those now be premier only?
    • Will the enhanced export options be available for everyone, or only those with a subscription?

    Currently, I'm a DAZ+ subscriber, although I will probably let that lapse when it expires because of the price increase. I would consider subscribing to premier some months when I want discounts, but not if the export options we already have are getting moved to subcription. I'm uninterested in renting plugins.

    By

    Solar Dreamer Solar Dreamer October 2024 in The Commons
  • Premier Questions

    crosswind said:

    Elor said:

    daveso said:

    another question. If joining Premiere, do the items you get, like the free bundle, or anything else other than the Studio enhancements, go away if you stop the subscription? 

    You'll keep anything that a non Premier member can buy.

    In other word, you'll only lose the exclusive plugins and exclusive contents (which will apparently appear with the next Daz bundle) if you stop being a Premier member.

    As far as I test, the product assets (essential morphs... ) you ever downloaded with the subscription will be always there and usable even Premier expires. I don't think they'll be encryped, de-activated or deleted after Premier expires... I'll be surprised if they will be ~~

    And all new plugins can work offline without no futher log-in after activation but I do believe the Premier subscription data is stored locally. DS will check it when being launched...

    Now, I may be very wrong here. It was my understanding that when you morphed a character using your morph collection and saved the project/scene or scene subset, it saved the character and morph data. If you use a subscription morph and no longer have access to use that morph, then your scene would not be able to load that data. You may get an error, data file or whatever not found, or unexpected results due to that/those morphs not being available. Clarification of this would be appreciated by me at least.  

    By

    druc druc October 2024 in The Commons
  • Premier Questions

    To those who have Premier and the old GenerationX2 system, I ask a little favor: Could you please transfer a G1 morph to G3 and then from G3 to G9 using the new transfer system? Does the transferred morph work well?

    By

    Imago Imago October 2024 in The Commons
  • When morph loader pro imports the morph of sub-d 0, the figure shrinks.

    The specific version of daz I use is 4.6 pro

    I export fugure of subd0 from daz

    I didn't subdivide the figure in ZBrush. I just wanted to use ZBrush to scale the size of the figure's upper body and make a subd0 deformation. I imported it back to DAZ but I don't know why the figure shrunk.

    And I discovered two things

    1. If I just make a raised morph for the back of the figure’s head in ZBrush, don’t change anything else, and then import it back to Daz,
    Then use some settings in loader pro:
    morph subdivision: yes
    subd mapping: facet order
    revers deformations:yes
    Leave everything else as default
    then figure will not
    shrink.
    All other options I tried resulted in shrinkage of the model if I didn't miss anything.

    2. When I export subd2 to zb without changing any proportions, just like the first point is just to make a raised morph for the head of the figure, and then import it back to daz, the morph I imported back in the subd2 state has not been shrunk by daz.
    (I used photoshop screenshots to compare the changes in the ears without any morph and after importing and using morph. It has not shrunk).
    But at this time, when I adjust the level displayed by daz subd to 0, I will find that the figure at the lowest level has shrunk.

    By the way goz is always full of bugs and cannot be stable for a long time and daz transfers files, so I don't use it.

    Does anyone know how to solve the problem of morph shrinkage at the lowest subdivision level? plz

    I'm about to be fucked to death by daz

    By

    kypss951353 kypss951353 October 2024 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Hair used in these two character products?

    For Isolde:

    bluejaunte said:

    Georgehaze said:

    The only thing making me hesitate for a minute in purchasing the Isolde character is wondering what hair that is that she's wearing.....

    https://www.daz3d.com/fe-ashlee-hair-for-genesis-9

    Customized it a bit. I guess I could make the morph available. Why does this make you hesitant though? Isn't the "dress up" up part half the fun?

    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8744031/#Comment_8744031

    No idea for the other character, but you may try to ask in Bluejaunte appreciation thread or directly ping @bluejaunte.

    By

    Elor Elor October 2024 in Product Suggestions
  • Why I'm not at Blender yet

    Started with Poser and C4D/Vray as well. Even wrote Daz and C4D scripts to transfer V4 and G3 to C4D in the past. Left C4D when they changed their payment model.

    Also used Carrara until Daz bought it and stopped the further development.

    When Blender changed the interface, I had a closer look at it and now I climb up the steep learning curve. Diffeomorphic is a great extension to get the base over and enhance it.
    Still a lot to learn and it is not easy. I give you that.

    Stayed with Daz Studio 4.21 and Blender 4.2. New features are nice, but we should be able to use the existing features first. Went through a lot of tutorials on Youtube and Udemy and decided to share my workflow for dummies. This may take a while though and I hope to share something by the start of the next year.

    Had a look at Humanify. It looks great, but I am uncertain about the integration in my workflow. Decided to stay with G8/G8.1. I have a lot of converters to get the old stuff (V4.2, G3) there.

    By

    Singular3D Singular3D October 2024 in Blender Discussion
  • Premier Questions

    YEAH - I noticed that ominous word "SELECT" too in the Premier tier Coupon description.

    The value of the 2 Daz+ coupons to me is that, using one or the other, I am able to get value from the coupons each month when buying either DOs or "old" (not still "NEW") content; in other words, I have MY PICK of ALL PRODUCTS in the store against which I can bring the appropriate coupon to bear.  "SELECT" is a word often used in pop-up and other sales at Daz3d where only certain items from a given vendor, or only certain vendors, or certain categories of products are participating in a sale. Given how disproportionately such "Select" selections tend to be largely full of things I have already or do not ever want, I feel very displeased at the thought of having to spend $25 to get $10 discount -instead of a lower $18 threshold to save $6- but especially since I would be forced to pick through a Daz-selected subset of products, instead of just ANY NON-NEW PRODUCT like the current Daz+ PA Coupon. If I am so constrained in using the PA coupon that most months I don't use it, that's a chunk of value I used to have as Daz+ that I will have lost despite paying much more. Given that according to the Daz DIM (which overcounts true product titles owned since it seems often to count each installation PACKAGE for a single product) I have a library of more than 12000 products (just my Daz store items!) I have already, like many others have said, most all legacy and even newer content so I do not see much value is "giving" me as a perk a bunch of stuff I either already bought or have decisively ignored.  The export tools, for me, who cares.  The coupons and discounts I currently receive from my Daz+ script represent a good value to me, but as nice as it might potentially be to have the ability to do more sculpting/morph creating directly in DS with more control and sophistication than Mesh Grabber etc, the deprecation of the PA coupon and the slight increase to token accrual and discount tier are not sufficient to me at least to double my tribute to Daz simply for the privilege of giving them even more of my money each month. Also: a monthly suck at my bank or CC is just anathema to me nowadays since everybody and everything wants to become one more remora attached to my wallet.  I could see myself at least considering Premier (once my current Daz+ subscription expired) IF there was a choice to PAY ONCE for a year, some real value added in the native tool-set of DS, and the ugly word "Select" was stricken from the PA Coupon and replaced by language the same as the current Daz+ PA Coupon. I really doubt there is much hope that whatever bundles and content that Daz will "give" with Premier will ever be a big plus to me, simply because Daz pretty heavily pushes female characters and female-character oriented clothes and accessories, and I'd value more sets, sci-fi assets and males, male clothes and accessories, which is why the Coupons, discount & token perks and additional DS feature set would have to carry the price tag for me. 

    Has anyone heard any info or whispers regarding the possibility of annual-purchase subscriptions for Premier?

    Cam Fox said:

    SNIP 

     (A big caveat here that the memberships page now says the second coupon is "$10 OFF of $25 on select items" which might be different than the "$6 OFF of $18 on all PA items" Daz+ members are currently accustomed to seeing. ie the new monthly coupon might be more restricted?)

    SNIP

     

    By

    genaris genaris October 2024 in The Commons
  • Issue with some poses after creating a new face morph

    yuyu.atem said:

    Thank you very much! You mean that I would have to drag the upper eyelid to the bttom, even if in base resolution, it looks ok? My 3rd screenshot was in high resomution...

    That's right. I ever fixed quite a lot of such issues in Blender and ZB ~ The trick is that you need to wisely use a Mask on lower eyelids, then you can make perfect fixing by using Drag brush to make them closed. Or, visa versa, you may drag lower eyelids a bit upper, to make a close naturally. It always works.

    Even in some worst cases, for instance, when fixing some unique creatures... you can give it more dragging, i.e. make eyelids more closed, then in ERC settings, give it Keyed value, i.e. not 100% but 95%, yada yada. There're always some tricks.

    If you still cannot make it, PM me the scene file if you don't mind, I'll show you how to do it.

    An example: a converted figure from G9 to G8F. You need to fix the eyelids on one-side firstly. After fixing, it should looks like the 2nd screenshot. Then it'll perfectly be closed. Then create the corrective morph on the other side by using Mirroing option in MLP.

    By

    crosswind crosswind October 2024 in New Users
  • Issue with some poses after creating a new face morph

    (Caveat: I'm barely more than a total noob with Blender)

    I have no idea if it'll work in your case (it worked when I created simple full / partial body morphs for clothes), but you can temporarly add a subdivision modifier in Blender, fix the problem with the subvision modifier active, then remove it and export your work at base resolution to be able to create the morph in Daz Studio.

    By

    Elor Elor October 2024 in New Users
  • Premier Questions

    OZ-84 said:

    Richard Haseltine said:

    In DIM pasting

    rx::ci::^Premier -

    into the filter box should show the Premier add-ons (I am told). In Daz Studio, once they are installed, you have logged in, and restarted DS, they can be accessed as folows:

    Geo Sculptor shows up in Window menu / Panes(Tabs)
    Pose converter shows up in Edit  menu / Figure / Pose
    Shape transfer shows up in Edit menu / Figure / Shape
    DForce manager shows up in Simulation Settings pane / Manage
    Render queue shows up on Render Settings pane / Queue

    all of the show up ... besides Geo Sculptor... :-(

    Geometry Sculptor is in the Tools menu, at the bottom.

    By

    Josh P. Josh P. October 2024 in The Commons
  • Installing, activating, and accessing Daz Studio Premier features

    You should probably mention in your literature that Shape Transfer is limited to Genesis 3+. I tried to convert a Genesis 2 figure (Belle 6) and Shape Transfer refused to do it.

    By

    Josh P. Josh P. October 2024 in Daz Studio Discussion
  • Missing /data/ ... /Genesis8_1Female.dsf

    When loading Scene Subsets that I have saved of pre-formed characters, I get the following error:

    2024-10-08 11:23:39.861 [WARNING] :: Could not resolve: /data/Daz 3D/Genesis 8/Female 8_1/Genesis8_1Female.dsf

    The file is there.  (see attached).

     It finds other stuff in the /data/,,, folders.

    for example:

    2024-10-08 11:22:51.041 [INFO] :: Loaded morph deltas: 0m 0.1s - /data/Daz 3D/Genesis 8/Female 8_1 Eyelashes/Morphs/DAZ 3D/Base/bs_EyelashesLengthUniformUpper.dsf

     

    So I'm note sure what its complaining about.

    The figures seem to work...

     

    Anyone seen this?

    Any thoughts on resolving?

    By

    c567591a c567591a October 2024 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
  • Expressions poses not working with 8.1

    leo04 said:

    PerttiA said:

    Making the G8 base expressions (and any expressions that are using them) work on G8.1 requires removing dummy/placeholder expressions that are installed to G8.1 morph folders - These dummy/placeholder expression files have no other function than to prevent the base G8 expressions from loading. 

    The dummy/placeholder files are located in;

    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\ (255 files, can be more if you have additional DAZ expression packs)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\ (24 files, can be more if you have additional DAZ expression packs)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\ (255 files, can be more if you have additional DAZ expression packs)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\ (24 files, can be more if you have additional DAZ expression packs)

    Please make sure you are removing the files from G8.1 morph folders and not G8 morph folders.

    Note 1; If you are logging in to DS and letting DAZ Connect (within DS) to install/update your content, you may have these also in an other location that has "\Data\Cloud\" in it's path
    Note 2; Do not remove any files from "FACS" or "FACSExpressions" folders

    These are the files called "alias_head_*.dsf", correct?

    All the files in those folders are there just for one purpose, preventing morphs made for G8 from working on G8.1 

    By

    PerttiA PerttiA October 2024 in Technical Help (nuts n bolts)
Previous Next
Adding to Cart…

Daz 3D is part of Tafi

Connect

DAZ Productions, Inc.
7533 S Center View Ct #4664
West Jordan, UT 84084

HELP

Contact Us

Tutorials

Help Center

Sell Your 3D Content

Affiliate Program

Documentation Center

Open Source

Consent Preferences

JOIN DAZ

Memberships

Blog

About Us

Press

Careers

Bridges

Community

In the Studio

Gallery

Forum

DAZ STORE

Shop

Freebies

Published Artists

Licensing Agreement | Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | EULA

© 2026 Daz Productions Inc. All Rights Reserved.